10/30 Post-Ascension Planning

Tension brand Forums IN PERSON EVENT DISCUSSIONS 10/30 Post-Ascension Planning

This topic contains 86 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of coastergoblin coastergoblin 7 years, 4 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Crystal
    Crystal
    Participant

Hi everyone,

After two visits to the OOA, I’ve finally decided to register and pipe up on the forums a little. Our last two groups didn’t get much of a chance to meet up and discuss our paths afterwards, so I thought that I’d put out a little offer here for our last visit. If you’re in the 7 pm group on 10/30, let’s plan something!

Glory Be to Anoch on High

• This topic was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by Profile photo of Crystal Crystal.
    Profile photo of Crystal
    Crystal
    Participant

Our third visit didn’t quite pan out as expected, apologies to anyone in our group.

It was nice while it lasted, OOA. Glory be.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

What happened, @blacklotustriad? Other than the Samson bit you shared – was there more?

Profile photo of Crystal
    Crystal
    Participant

I’m not sure how much of the process that I’m really supposed to divulge, but here it all is behind the spoiler buffer below. Keep in mind that both my partner and I have attended twice before.

*SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT*

@aporetic received a call earlier today from the OOA. Female caller is confused as to why our paperwork says that this will be our third trip, @aporetic confirms that the information is correct. Caller replies with “They’re not going to like this.” and hangs up.

We arrived to find that the van crew didn’t have any paperwork for us and that we could write our names down on a couple of blank waivers. We take the van ride until the two of us remain; both of our hoods are pulled off together and we find ourselves being unloaded into a gas station parking lot. The drivers say “Not tonight, guys…” and let us know that our money had been refunded, and that we were never to return. They get sort of a panicked look on their faces when they warn us to stay where they left us, that “he was coming” and that they had to GTFO now.

We notice a sedan parked across the lot, and a man gets out of the car, honks the horn, and gestures for us to approach. This is my first time meeting Samson, but @aporetic encountered him during our second visit and recognizes Samson immediately. As we approach, he asks if we’re thirsty and allows @aporetic to get in the backseat (next to a conspicuous small dark leather bag) while I am to ride shotgun. Hot diggity.

We launch into a few awkward attempts to find out if Samson actually answers questions (Spoilers: He doesn’t.), including trying to finesse Overseer’s killphrase out of him, he asks us about where we thought power came from these days. As @aporetic and I are both security geeks, our answer was “information.” Samson then went on to talk about how corporations like Google and Facebook are always trying to learn more information about you for their advertisers and gaining power over you because of it. He then pulled in to the parking lot of a convenience store and told us that he was going to buy us a drink. We both beeline for the nearest display with modestly priced bottled water. Samson asked us if we were sure that was what we wanted because he would buy us anything we wanted. He then led us to the back of the store where he suggested that we might want a drink from this cooler. @aporetic thought maybe the ‘nothing is random’ mantra also apply to this display, so he changed his mind and selected an Arizona Iced Tea. I stuck with my bottle of water. Samson paid for our beverages and led us back to the car. In the car, he told us that he knew more about us and what kind of people we were because of the choices we displayed in the store. Then, he turned up the radio and sang along beautifully with two older songs – one was more upbeat and referenced a frog, the other was a straight up love song. I could have sung along with them while we were in the car, but the lyrics aren’t coming to me at the moment. I’d recognize the songs if I heard them again, though. During the serenade, @aporetic tried several times to reach into the bag. Samson eventually had to pull over and relocate the bag to the trunk.

We pulled up to the OOA building (completely unhooded) and he knocked on the door. The receptionist, Mary Lynn, answered the door and greeted us brightly, then took her place facing the wall as Samson led us inside. Of course, everywhere he led us sent OOA members heading for the walls and corners. He led us through the Welcome Room and out through the Changing Room. He then opened a secret door in the hallway leading from the Changing Room, this took us into the Computer Room – a room that we have visited once before with Overseer. Sitting in front of the monitors this time was none other than Darren Lynn Bousman and another person that I didn’t recognize. They spoke a bit with Samson, and Samson told them to tell Clint that he had to stop fucking with the subjects. He then led us out to the Holding Room (the one with the circle of chairs), where Overseer was waiting. I actually shouldn’t call her Overseer for this part of the story, she was pure Addison. Samson asked us if we wanted to see something funny and asked Addison about who they worship, she answered with “Anoch.” She looked worriedly at us and said that she didn’t know that we would be there, Samson assured her that @aporetic and I were believers as well and leaned over to us to say “See? She really believes this stuff.” He then asked Addison about why they try to raise the Oracles, and she replied that it was because it was the only way that they could communicate with Anoch. Samson then ordered all of the handlers into the room, and told them to administer the helmet to Overseer (his words) for the next 20 minutes. Addison lost it when the girls entered the room, she cried “Why is everything changing?” They dragged her away and placed the helmet and a red cloth over her head, we could barely hear Samson over her bloodcurdling, relentless screams. Samson walked us back to the van, explaining that they just wanted to give us a little thank you for attending so many times and supporting the show and that we were free to tell everyone that we wanted about what we saw tonight. He repeated that last bit. He also asked who we were voting for president in the upcoming election, and said he would see what he could do when our answer was divulged.

The van took us back to the parking lot, and told us not to talk to or look at anyone. The next group was milling about, so we kept to ourselves and lightly explained to the parking attendant as to why we were there so soon, and what we were supposed to do now. The parking attendant suggested that we stick around until the next Black Van Express, so we did so. The head security person walked up to us immediately after the van pulled up again and told us that the show was over and that we needed to get out of there. We asked if he was really serious, as we had only spent maybe 30 minutes from van to van. He confirmed that he was serious, and after waiting for the van to take off, we reluctantly left.

* In the middle of writing this, I received a call from a man who asked if I knew who I was talking to. As I did not, he explained I will become very familiar with him in the future that he is a cleaner and the organization that he works for doesn’t like messes and that this isn’t over. If he had done his research, he’d realize that I’ve been threatened by far scarier cults than the OOA. Ask me about my pal Xenu…

• This reply was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by Profile photo of Crystal Crystal.
    • This reply was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by Profile photo of Crystal Crystal.
      Profile photo of Bryan
      Bryan
      Participant

Thank you @blacklotustriad. Two quick questions after reading this a few times:

What did the person standing with Bousman (the one that you didn’t recognize) look like?

What was the tenor of the rapport between Samson and Bousman, when Samson made the comment about telling Clint not to mess with subjects? Did Samson seem to be in charge?

Profile photo of Crystal
      Crystal
      Participant

The person sitting next to Bousman was a pretty nondescript white guy with short, straight brown hair. I don’t think I’d be able to point him out in a lineup. Sorry.
      Samson is definitely in charge, but Bousman seems a bit irritated with Samson’s notes.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 4 months ago by Profile photo of Crystal Crystal. Reason: Because I am wrong
      Profile photo of Blondie
      Blondie
      Participant

Short brown hair? I would describe it as longish for a guy, dark blonde and pulled back in a ponytail. If it was the same guy… He was pretty attractive.
      Also, it was nice to meet you tonight, albeit briefly…

Profile photo of Crystal
      Crystal
      Participant

I’ll concede to that; I was going largely by @aporetic‘s memory since that was one detail that slipped right past me.

It was a pleasure to meet you! It sounds like you had quite the experience while inside, it’s too bad that we couldn’t catch up afterwards.

Profile photo of Crystal
      Crystal
      Participant

In retrospect, the one thing that I left out of the report of my third visit is that before the events of my report, I received a call from the OOA. I was at work on my cell phone, so I couldn’t quite hear everything but the woman on the other end of the line was calling to reschedule our third visit. We were originally scheduled for the Saturday of the ‘successful’ Ascension at 7, but she gave me the options of the next day (Sunday) at either 7 or 10. While I couldn’t hear everything that she said, it *sounded* like she was saying that Overseer wanted to spend time with me and that the caller was both very sorry and appreciative of my flexibility.

Profile photo of Crystal
    Crystal
    Participant

Nothing to see here.

Profile photo of Hazel Cloud
    Hazel Cloud
    Participant

Whaaaaaaaat. Was he serious when he told him to tell Clint to stop fucking with the subjects? And what did that mean?

Profile photo of Crystal
    Crystal
    Participant

@hazelcloud He was definitely serious, even if he didn’t get Clint’s name right at first. (I think he tried to call him Cliff.)

As to what that means? It’s hard to tell. Maybe he’s trying to pawn some of the more egregious Ascension experiences off of the OOA and on to the Hollywood patsies?

Profile photo of Bryan
    Bryan
    Participant

So if Bousman and Clint are working for Samson – and a “cleaner” is already involved – what happens when the show closes?

Presumably they clean house.

I suspect that includes both facilities and staff.

Profile photo of Bryan
      Bryan
      Participant

My thoughts as well.

Happy Halloween, everyone.

Profile photo of Michelle
    Michelle
    Participant

This puts me in an awkward place because I was supposed to be buying my ticket today for my third trip back. Now, I’m second guessing it and leaving the person I was attending with hanging. Who, by the way, already bought another ticket.

Profile photo of Crystal
      Crystal
      Participant

@halfbloodfangirl Honestly? Do it anyway. We were left utterly confused as to what our role was during this third visit, but I wouldn’t have had it any other way. It was definitely worth the trip to Boyle Heights to hang out with Samson.

Cleaners aside, who else can say that Samson bought them a drink and serenaded them in his car? Worth it.

Profile photo of Blondie
      Blondie
      Participant

Who else can say that? Me…

Profile photo of Crystal
      Crystal
      Participant

This is the inaugural meeting of the Cool Kids Club, with three whole members! I wonder where we place on the org chart

@blondiecamps Since you actually got to remain in the building, how was Overseer acting after her 20 minute punishment with the helmet?

Profile photo of Bryan
      Bryan
      Participant

Same, @halfbloodfangirl. I already have a ticket for round three, with a couple of friends also having purchased tickets for the same time to come with…

Hopefully we can get some clarity here aside from the usual phone call two days in advance.

EDIT: …And @blacklotustriad makes an excellent point. :-)

• This reply was modified 7 years, 4 months ago by Profile photo of Bryan Bryan.
    Profile photo of Mouse
    Mouse
    Participant

Kind of strange that a third trip is a disappointment.

I signed up for a second trip based on the comments of one of the girls in my group who came for a second time. She said the second time was even better than the first.

Profile photo of Crystal
      Crystal
      Participant

I wouldn’t say that the third trip was a disappointment.

At first blush, it seemed that I had paid $250 for the honor of a 20 minute van/car ride with a 10 minute walk through. Needless to say, we were confused as fuck after waiting the ~20 minutes between being dropped off by the van and the arrival of the next one, only to be told to leave. We weren’t sure if we should drive back to the OOA now that we knew where it was, and knock on the door ourselves. However, we decided to honor the wishes of security and we went home.

In retrospect, I would have been disappointed if we had been admitted and processed normally for a third time. The plans that I had for our third trip were dashed on the rocks the night before by the successful Ascension, and by a familiar face in the third group.

Edit: Don’t let this deter you from returning a second or third time. Just keep in mind that any time you approach the OOA, expect the unexpected. Don’t get comfortable.

Thank you for showing me the truth, @samson.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 4 months ago by Profile photo of Crystal Crystal.
    Hazel Cloud
    Participant

I thought that the “Oracle” was a false positive?

Profile photo of Crystal
      Crystal
      Participant

Go on…

Profile photo of Andrew Kasch
      Andrew Kasch
      Participant

That was only said by “Vengeance”…but how can we trust him, given his new unhealthy obsession with striking back at the Overseer.

Profile photo of Sadako
      Sadako
      Participant

I witnessed the Ascension of our new Oracle. There is no doubt that it succeeded.

Profile photo of Crystal
    Crystal
    Participant

As a complete aside, in chatting with the parking lot attendant after we had been unceremoniously returned by the black van, we found out that a recent participant (maybe over the weekend?) had either tried to or had successfully punched Simon.

If I find out which one of you cunts popped Simon in the mouth… *cracks knuckles*

Profile photo of Beth
      Beth
      Participant

Simon actually mentioned this to me on Friday night. The guy definitely succeeded, from what he said.

“Some British cunt” (only description he offered) sucker punched him before the man was promptly thrown out. He didn’t make it sound nearly that recent, but it’s really hard to say with Simon, I guess.

Profile photo of Crystal
      Crystal
      Participant

Sigh… some people’s children…

Profile photo of Babyface
    Babyface
    Participant

I was in the process of being processed on friday when that happened. At first I thought it was part of the experience, but that quickly changed. I can not believe people now a days.

Profile photo of Mouse
      Mouse
      Participant

Any idea what Simon said to provoke the guy. Not excusing the sucker punch, but it would be interesting to know the context.

Profile photo of Andrew Kasch
      Andrew Kasch
      Participant

Had to be a special breed of stupid to throw a punch at Simon. What a fucking asshole.

Profile photo of Lawrence
    Lawrence
    Participant

Given that Simon was in the Royal Marines, the cunt was lucky not to have his head handed to him.

Profile photo of Sadako
    Sadako
    Participant

Par for the course based on what Simon said to me on Saturday. He says everyone either wants to fight him or f*ck him. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Michelle
    Participant

Fight or f**k him. Bwahahaha. I did see a FB post where a girl said he should’ve taken her number. Girls are throwing their number at him and guys are taking swings. I wonder how many he’s actually hit on or taken up on their offers. 😉

Profile photo of Mouse
      Mouse
      Participant

Wow if thats how to get a girl’s number, I can behave like Simon!

Michelle
      Participant

It’s my guess Simon has f**ked more girls and fought more guys who have gone through their doors than everyone else in there put together. lol My time with Simon was very one on one and very interesting. Definitely not father figure at all.

Hazel Cloud
      Participant

I highly doubt his charm pays off outside those walls.

Profile photo of Mouse
      Mouse
      Participant

Would you F&ck him – inside the walls?

Profile photo of Mouse
      Mouse
      Participant

Did he try to F&ck you?

Michelle
      Participant

Um… yeah… he bent me over the center table in the processing room. (kidding) No, there wasn’t any sexual contact but I do know it was on his mind.

Profile photo of Mouse
      Mouse
      Participant

Wow what a visual. Interesting that you chose to take you in a submissive position for your joke. I had the same thought about taking one of the white dressed waifs.

The whole power inequality thing is kind of a turn on

Michelle
      Participant

@jkomouse Let’s just say that Simon was either well aware or could sense my “dark side” & definitely made it clear he knew. My second meeting with him was very enlightening. I learned a bit about him as well. 😉

Profile photo of Mouse
      Mouse
      Participant

Everyone has a dark side. Do you think he sensed it because of your emotional honesty. Did you feel vulnerable?

During my visit the whole loss of control thing made me feel real vulnerable. In a strange way the vulnerability was also very sensually/sexually exciting.

Michelle
      Participant

To be honest, I’m not sure if he sensed it or not. I have been involved since late April so I filled out the questionnaire. They asked very personal questions on that questionnaire and I was 100% honest. But, a true dominant can also sense a true submissive. It could have been the chemistry between us.

Lawrence
      Participant

He made the same comment about a woman I was standing with on my second visit. He was right about her.

Profile photo of Crystal
      Crystal
      Participant

Simon didn’t seem to pick up on my sub status, but maybe I’m too much of a bratty sub.

Then again, he did take quite a shine to me both times we met…

Michelle
      Participant

What comment did he make to her? @lmsmedley

@blacklotustriad He definitely takes an interest in some more than others.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 4 months ago by Profile photo of Michelle Michelle.
      Lawrence
      Participant

Asked if (insisted) she was a sub, she said, “Sometimes”…but the subtext I read was that she was but didn’t want to completely admit to it.

Profile photo of Mouse
      Mouse
      Participant

Its kind of interesting. I never thought I had a submissive bone in my body. But after going through the show the first time, I question it. I was unbelievable compliant and easily persuaded especially when the authority figure was a woman.

Michelle
      Participant

Interesting. He never asked me that directly. I don’t believe he did.

Profile photo of Mouse
      Mouse
      Participant

I wonder how many second time visitors to Tension Expeience are subs? Submitting seems to be the delicious part of the experience

Profile photo of MindEclipse
      MindEclipse
      Participant

Simon told me tonight he had two guys try to punch him and three girls try to give him their numbers. He was quite pleasant to our group. We talked about comics a bit. He read DC/Batman as a kid because they didn’t get Marvel in the UK.

Profile photo of Babyface
    Babyface
    Participant

It seems that people want to fight him because he is upfront and honest and in your face. In the other case, people flirt with him because they relish in his honesty. I think guys are challenged by him, but in my case he seemed very fatherly and had a great encounter. @Mouse I unfortunately wasn’t close enough to hear his words, but just him screaming at people.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 4 months ago by Profile photo of Babyface Babyface.
      Profile photo of Mouse
      Mouse
      Participant

Thanks – Interesting, my experience with Simon was similar to yours. He was more like a fatherly figure who questioned my choices in life. He did use some profanity but it was consistent with his narrative. In a strange way, he sometimes felt at a loss of words with me. Almost like he had to try of think something to say. Very different than most everyone else experiences in this forum.

Profile photo of Dan
    Dan
    Participant

I must say, Simon is that man. I had a great time with him both visits. Second time, we had a long talk about Scientology and his past experience with them. That was a huge highlight for me. He and I agree that they’re absolute c*nts. Haha

Profile photo of Mouse
      Mouse
      Participant

What is with Simon’s obsession with the word c@nts? In a strange way its misleading. When he said a Brittish c@nts sucker punched him, I assumed it was a woman.

Profile photo of Dan
      Dan
      Participant

In the UK, that word is used more as a general insult for someone who’s an idiot or jerk. US, totally different.

Michelle
      Participant

My guess it’s a Brit thing. The word isn’t as widely used here in the States and we find it more offensive as a whole society. It isn’t an obsession just a different way to call someone an asshole.

Hazel Cloud
    Participant

I had a very unpleasant encounter with him and definitely empathize with the man who threw the punch. I would never physically assault another being, but I recognize the urge.

Glory Be

Profile photo of Mouse
      Mouse
      Participant

Can you provide some details about your encounter?

Hazel Cloud
      Participant

From the second I walked through the door, alone, I was met with yells of consternation. He informed me that someone had just gotten kicked out and not to fuck with him because he would throw me out in a heart beat- was just looking for a reason. He screamed how unworthy I was, that I’d never be chosen, and that I was wasting my time there.

To be honest, the thing that bothered me most was his reckless and frequent use of the word “retard”.

Even in context, I felt it was in poor taste. A bad smell lingering from the early days of ignorance. I, personally, feel as though that word is out of bounds and similar to other words we only use letters to describe.

Michelle
      Participant

@hazelcloud Interesting. During both of my experiences in the processing room, I never heard him use that word. I believe his treatment of you though was the typical initial Simon meeting. Most of us were screamed at and ripped an new asshole for one reason or another. I know I was. My second time though was a complete 180.

@addisonborn I couldn’t agree more. There isn’t a mask worn by him, no lies. He doesn’t stand for the bullshit. He’s there to do a job and was chosen for a reason. I adore him.

Profile photo of Addison Born
      Addison Born
      Participant

Simon is a good man, maybe one of the best, realest people in the institute. Everything he says comes from a place of love. To think poorly of him is to miss the point.

Profile photo of creepsociety
      creepsociety
      Participant

Exactly, Addison. If simon pushed your buttons, he did his job.

Profile photo of Dan
    Dan
    Participant

I truly like Simon. He and Myles are probably the only people I actually like within those walls anymore. Simon, especially. I can’t see how someone’s use of language trumps outright murder. If that was what outraged you…

Profile photo of Mouse
      Mouse
      Participant

Agreed. I think simeon wears his thoughts on his sleeve. Love him or hate him I really don’t think he his two-faced

Profile photo of Sadako
    Sadako
    Participant

Before judging Simon, there are a few things he told me on Saturday that I should probably share.

He joined the OOA back in 1988 and during his first meeting, he was struck by how many older people were in the organization. It was his idea to do more outreach to a more youthful crowd. Especially those with charisma who take a liking for the arts.

Profile photo of Bryan
      Bryan
      Participant

I had a similar conversation, @sadako. If anything, it seemed as if Simon was the one that initiated the entire recruitment strategy that The OOA is now pursuing.

Michelle
      Participant

There are a lot people who don’t understand Simon. But, he truly wants what’s best of the organization. He’s dedicated to the OOA. I would love to be able to have a conversation with him about Samson. I’m sure he has knowledge about him that would be useful. If not, he definitely would have an opinion. Maybe one day our paths will cross again and the two of us can have a nice, quiet chat over tea… because british accents and the way they f**k me up.

OOG for a moment… all this talk about people being so put off by him that they punch him. These are clearly people who have never participated in immersive theater. I can’t imagine how they would handle a Blackout event. Simon was a walk in the park compared to some of the things I’ve been put through in Blackout. People should really do their homework and understand there is a reason a waiver is signed. Most importantly, they should read the f**king waiver!

Lawrence
      Participant

That doesn’t sound right. 1988 would make him about 14. He also told me he was a Royal Marine in Afghanistan before coming to OOA.

Michelle
      Participant

@lmsmedley Do we know his age for certain? I don’t recall being told. Maybe he was a Royal Marine after he joined? Can anyone else clarify?

Maybe he joinned the OOA as a teenager? If it were his idea to bring in young people, maybe that was a result of him joining so young himself and being surrounded by people much older than himself. We don’t know the circumstances under which he joined. God, I wish we knew now. Backstory needed!!!!

Lawrence
      Participant

He made it pretty clear that he was a sergeant in the Royal Marines. While in Afghanistan, leading a patrol, an IED went off.
      His best mate was at the rear of the line and took it full on, and died in Simon’s arms. There’s no way he was OOA before becoming a Royal Marine.
      He made it pretty clear that he came to OOA after, and it was his idea to recruit younger people.

We got on quite well. His demeanor never intimidated me because I had a WWII veteran as a math teacher in high school who made Simon look like my grandma.

[Wrote a memoir about him: http://www.misterbarlow.com]

At one point, I was stretching my legs in the Interrogation Room when he walked in with a handler and a new aspirant whom I would finish processing. He yelled “Get the fuck back here!” and “Sit down!”, pounding the table — but as he did, the look on his face was, “We both know I have to yell like this at the moment”.

Later, as I was entering the Red Room with a group of ten, I was last in line. Before entering, as he turned to leave, I said “Sergeant”. He turned, I gave him a right proper British salute, he shook me hand, and said, “Good luck in there, Mate”.

Profile photo of Dan
      Dan
      Participant

He told me that he was working on a special British police force when he was assigned to security at Saint Hill Manor when David Miscavige was hosting John Travolta there. When he arrived, Sea Org members were scrubbing the driveway with toothbrushes. Said he hates those c@nts and it was after that, he decided OOA was the right choice for him and Scientology was shit. Couldn’t have been 14 and on a British police force that is allowed to carry firearms while being chosen by old COB to guard his castle.

Michelle
      Participant

I’m still not seeing where @lmsmedley you’ve got his age at 14 when joining. In 1988 I was 16 years old. I’d be surprised if he is 2 years younger than me. But then, I do look young for my age. On my second visit Simon about fell over when I said my daughter is 19 and I told him my age. Let’s just say it’s very plausible though that at the moment he’s in his late 40s. Joining the OOA could have come after the military. It’s also plausible that he worked outside of the OOA during his early years there. Again, I think it would be awesome if we got a backstory on him.

Profile photo of Beth
      Beth
      Participant

Simon and I talked a while about expectations and how easily people give up on their own dreams and desires. He said that he joined the Marines because it’s what his parents wanted for him. He seemed to suggest that he joined the OOA because it’s what he wanted for himself.

Profile photo of Rusty
    Rusty
    Participant

*SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT*

It seems I may have a slightly different perspective and a few more details to add to this thread – for I have recently had a similar encounter with the one called Samson. I will try to shorthand some of this for portions of my visit echo those described by @blacklotustriad near beginning of the thread.

Before this happened, I would like to say something about my second visit to Ascension. During my second visit, there came a moment where something was made clear to me… the OOA saw me as an ally. Even more than that, some may say. I will not recount how that was made clear to me, for it is far too personal to reveal publicly. Also, I was asked to make a decision. It was a challenging decision and I did not leap to an answer. Considering all that I had witnessed within those walls… I made a choice that I will affect me for a long time to come.

After that second visit, I received a call from The Overseer. She informed me that during the process I describe above she may not have been 100% honest. (With me… and perhaps others.) There was something she needed to share with me and she requested it be done in person.

The next night, I was driving to the meeting when I received another phone call from her. This time, it was a warning. She was afraid she may have “gotten me in trouble” by contacting me and offering more information. She could not offer more, but she suggested I be careful… and I said the same applied to her.

I got picked up – no one else was in the van with me, then taken to the gas station referred to by others. I was surprised when Samson blew the car horn… He asks if I am thirsty, and we go to the convenience store and he buys me a soda. On the way, I got similar dialogue… I was asked about the source of power.

After the store, Samson was quiet. I asked him if he knew who I worked for… no response. I told him I worked for a very large corporation and I was familiar with the desire of companies to gather information on any potential consumer of its product. Samson switched on the stereo.

I recognized the song that was sung to me. It was a version of “Straighten Up and Fly Right.” I know the song and joined in, Samson did not seem to mind. However, by the time the second chorus came around, I got the sense that Samson was singing directly AT me. Lyrics about mistrust. Lyrics about lies. It dawned on me that this may not have been The Overseer’s plan for this night, at all. Was Samson telling me that my communication with The Overseer was out of line and THAT I needed to “Straighten Up and Fly Right”?

We arrive at the venue and he knocks on the door, leading me in when it opens. As we pass, everyone turns to face the wall. I had a similar glimpse into the control room as described by @blacklotustriad above. Mr. Bousman glanced in my direction when Samson told me I was going to be taken to “holding.”

Samson led me to the area of chairs where potential Oracles are seated before the ceremony. He called The Overseer to us. As she approached, we exchanged a quick glance, but there was not a chance to greet each other. There was a vocal exchange similar to what is described above. When The Overseer answered his questions about Anoch, Samson looked at me with a snide grin and said, “See, she believes all this.” Quite sincerely, The Overseer asked, “Why wouldn’t I?”

Things escalated quickly. He called for the Helmet to be administered. The Overseer became distraught and started screaming. Samson tried to talk to me about politics, but I wasn’t listening. I asked, “Is this necessary? Does this have to happen?” Samson thanked me for my time and informed me that I would be driven back to my car. The guys from the van were close.

Samson began singing, once again. He turned and walked away. I followed him, asking, “You expect me to leave while this is happening?”

Samson had turned a corner so I followed. I tried a different tactic. “Sir, I just want you to know that you have indeed given me a strong demonstration of the power of data.”

I turned and walked back to the Helmet area. The handlers had walked away and The Overseer was now quiet. I kneeled beside her. Slowly, I helped unwrap the cloth from around her. She looked at me and said, “Hello, My name is Addison. Nice to meet you…”

She burst into tears and collapsed in my arms. I held her, whispering to her that I knew who she was… and if there was anything I could do……… The man from the van said, “Russell, it’s time for you to leave.”

Once again, I said, “You expect me to leave now?”

Addison looked at me and introduced herself again to me. There was a moment where she seemed to recognize me. She said my name… but the doubt in her voice was evident. Once again, she began to cry.

One of the men from the van came behind me and grabbed me, pulling me away from her and physically escorted me to the van outside.

So… I know this was long winded, but since the vibe was a bit different in places than the above description, I wanted to share it. Judging from his attitude and the conversation, I can only conclude that Samson’s motivations are not fully revealed yet… and I bet he does not hold our well being in any regard whatsoever. The way he grinned at me as he toyed with The Overseer was sickening to me. Once again, someone bears witness to a “reset” of The Overseer. I believe this meeting contained a glimpse into Samson’s lack of any belief in the OOA’s purpose, but also shows a weakness.
    The power of data can be used on anyone. Including him.

Profile photo of Crystal
      Crystal
      Participant

Yes! The first song that Samson sang to us (he kept leaning over and looking to me and to @aporetic in the back seat) was ‘Straighten Up and Fly Right.’ In my mind, I changed the monkey to a frog. Weird.

However, here’s a fun little bit from the Wikipedia article on this Nat King Cole song:
      In the tale, a buzzard takes different animals for a joy ride. When he gets hungry, he throws them off on a dive and eats them for dinner. A monkey who had observed this trick goes for a ride; he wraps his tail around the buzzard’s neck and gives the buzzard a big surprise by nearly choking him to death.

Hmmm… can’t say that my tail did much of anything, but @aporetic‘s was certainly preoccupied with Samson’s satchel…

Thank you for jogging my memory! I can now say with some certainty that the second song that Samson treated us to was ‘(I Love You) For Sentimental Reasons’, also by Nat King Cole.

(OOG: For me, making eye contact with strangers IRL is nigh impossible. Can you imagine how uncomfortable it is for me to try to play super cool while Samson of all people is crooning at me in the next seat over? Yikes.)

Profile photo of Rusty
      Rusty
      Participant

Thanks @blacklotustriad for clarifying the other tune.
      I only got the one song, like I said I believe it was to make a point about being contacted by The Overseer.
      And, yes, it did get oddly uncomfortable as the song went on, for me, as well.

Apparently, then, Samson is a Nat King Cole fan. (even though it was not the Nat King Cole version he played for me)
      Well… I guess we know a little bit more about him.
      Data. 😉

Profile photo of Blondie
      Blondie
      Participant

@reaton: Your experience with Samson sounds exactly the same as mine… Thank you for clarifying the song – I was so emotionally destroyed at that point, I was in a daze, but now I can listen to that song again and hopefully it will take me back so I can recall some more details I may have blocked out…

Not sure the next bit counts as spoilers – it is very personal. But just in case…

***POTENTIAL SPOILER ALERT*** ***POTENTIAL SPOILER ALERT*** ***POTENTIAL SPOILER ALERT*** ***POTENTIAL SPOILER ALERT*** ***POTENTIAL SPOILER ALERT*** ***POTENTIAL SPOILER ALERT***

One of my greatest regrets was leaving while Addison was screaming in pain at the effects of the helmet… When I talked with the Overseer earlier in the evening, we had agreed that we were friends, not enemies, that despite appearing to be on different sides, we want the same thing. The word “friends” rings in my ears along with her cries. She provided so much comfort to me that night. Every time I encountered her as the Overseer, she was kind and gentle, stroking my hair, holding my hands. She even paused the ceremony, coming down from the stage to soothe me as I cried for Sentinel. Even as Addison, she was sweet and friendly.

Everyone knows how I felt about Addison/GK2 for a long time. That is in the past. I truly love the Overseer/Addison now. And I left her there. I didn’t do anything. I let them take me out of the compound when I should have fought to help her. I don’t deserve her friendship.

I’m sorry Addison.
      I’m sorry @masterlock.

Lawrence
    Participant

Lest we forget…

Samson (whom I have not yet met) is perhaps named for the Biblical demigod. After God leaves him, his strength leaves him, and the Philistines GOUGE HIS EYES OUT and make him a slave. He dies when he rests against two large pillars inside a massive hall where all the Philistine Lords are congregated. He asks the Lord for strength one last time, and it is granted.

He pulls down the two pillars, bringing the entire temple down around him, killing the Philistine lords and about 3000 other people.

Is the OOA the temple…and are we the Philistines?

Profile photo of Chelsea
      Chelsea
      Participant

Well. That just gave me chills and goosebumps and an eye twitch all at the exact same time.

Lawrence
    Participant

Or let me ask this, since we are talking in metaphor.

God was disciplining the Israelites by giving them into the hands of the Philistines.
    Samson was the child who would deliver them from the Philistines.
    Who married a Philistine against God’s wishes, had his hair cut against God’s wishes, and was deprived of his strength.
    Had his eyes gouged out and made a slave.
    And then brought down the Temple upon the Philistines.

Are those within the walls of the OOA the Philistines…
    And are we, The One, the Israelites who are to be delivered…the last ones left standing…?

After all, as the Monkey said, Addison Barrow is a touching story but sounds just like a lie.

Profile photo of Amie
    Amie
    Participant

I’ve been itching to get here to the forums and have enough time to actually post instead of just reading to catch up. There may be spoilers contained in my post from Ascension 1 and 2 but I think I’m mostly going to be talking about Round 2 so…*SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT**SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT**SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT**SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT**SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT*

Hopefully that was enough. I’m not even sure where to start and since I went through my second time with Julie she’s already posted a bit of what happened while we were together. My fiance was also there for a second time, so three of us all together. I guess it’s best to recap bits and pieces…I was first out of the van and back into the OOA. I had a lovely chat with our receptionist and we spent some time in the bathroom like others, again had my picture taken but from there Addison came and got me. She took me somewhere and asked me if I was there to save her and I told her I didn’t think she needed saving but asked if I could pass on a message and that her father Tom has said she could come home whenever she wanted. She told me she didn’t know him. We talked a little more and I was taken to Simon. I don’t think I need to go in depth too much as it seems a lot of us shared similar experiences but I was able to see what I’ve heard people call the interrogation room and to complete someone’s processing as well as seeing the class room. If I could redo that moment in the classroom I would have shined my flash light in a different direction. Before the classroom Samson met Julie and I in the hallway. He told me he had heard a lot about me but didn’t introduce himself. He dissappeared though and I didn’t see him again until later. My group again failed in the Red Room but I understand everyone is probably in a bit of bewilderment at that point and don’t realize how much time they are taking. When we got back to Addison she also spoke German and said she didn’t know when she had learned it. She had her diary, said she didn’t remember writing it. I asked if she thought they were her words and she said yes. There were a couple memos on the desk I was able to read while we were changing and they referenced the Helmet and that someone was using it on themselves and the other asking anyone that had been using it on themselves to stop. We went one by one in the Red Room again. I was the last to enter. That moment, when it’s dark but you can see the shadows of people and then the lights come on. All the feelz. 7 months 2 weeks and 1 day. I’ll never forget that. Overseer was speaking to me about what I was looking for when I found them and then Samson piped up from the back with his command. Overseer dropped to the sand and Samson came and took her place and stood in front of me. I was already emotional so I wasn’t thrilled staring back at him with her on the ground like that. He made comments that I thought would stick in my brain but there was so much going on. Basically He was the dark and darkness was coming. We had no idea what was coming next. Along those lines. (Sorry! I hate that I can remember exactly what he said!) He then told everyone else to leave and after they did he said “Wake” and Addison began to stir. He left the room and Addison got up. I’m saying Addison because when she was standing she looked at us, smiled and said “Hi, I’m Addison.” I said no, you’re Overseer and she looked at Jason and again said “Hi, I’m Addison.” Jason replied with a hello but I again said, no you’re Overseer. She was confused and it was sad to see. We followed her out and she quickly got back to herself. We visited the Control Room and chose someone we thought might make a good candidate for Ascension and were taken to the camera room past the bathtubs with the girls bathing in what looked like blood but they said it was Jason’s sins. They were calling for him but Overseer urged us into the room. After a bit she came back and took me. She said she brought me with her because she trusted me. We went around to various rooms to check in. (Amazing to see a lot of what I didn’t before!) While we were waiting by the roll up doors for the Van she asked what happened in the Red Room. I explained and told her I was worried about Samson and she agreed. She told me she had spoken to @reaton and asked if he had told me. I told her I hadn’t heard anything yet but thank you for sharing @reaton, I’ve been meaning to get here and ask you about that. After the van came back and Sentinel was hurt (Overseer looked quite pained to watch this, she flinched as he was being hit) we ran to get to the ceremony. So here is where I feel lost. We know that night Ascension had been reached. I myself saw her breathing and was confused at first because after last time I though she should be gone. Then I felt bad, that she may be suffering and I know Overseer wouldn’t want that. But then it all changed everyone was happy, the attendants were hugging the members and participants, everyone was hugging everyone. From the outside it looked like a glorious moment. Before this happened, as we were praising Anoch and Overseer was speaking to us I spent a little more time looking around. Partly thanks to the fact that I had my glasses on this time. Samson was at the piano playing as this was all going on. After hearing what he did in the Red Room, how he can so easily manipulate Addison/Overseer I just don’t know what to believe. I stand by Overseer and Addison, I know she believes. I know Samson does not. I want more than anything for that night to have been exactly what it was but watching him standing there taking part in a ceremony he doesn’t even believe in just makes me wonder if we and by we I mean everyone including Overseer were part of some puppet show he’s running and he’s trying to fool us all. I’ve got to run but I think I got most of it out. This isn’t what you think it is and we aren’t who we say we are. I will always remember these words along with the many others that have been passed on to me through this experience.

Profile photo of Rusty
    Rusty
    Participant

Hello, @amieexists!

Thank you for sharing. My return visit seems to have a similar overall track to yours. However, the ending of my Red Room did not see The Overseer collapse. Samson did not affect that sequence the way he seems to have for some others.

You say, “…told her I was worried about Samson and she agreed. She told me she had spoken to @reaton and asked if he had told me.”
    I have a question for you. Do you feel she was referring to my encounter with Samson?
    Most descriptions of encounters between Samson and The Overseer don’t seem to end well for her. I at least saw a glimpse of interaction where The Overseer met him head to head. (She did not challenge him, but she was very matter-of-fact about his dismissive attitude toward full belief in Anoch.)
    Just was wondering if you felt she was asking if I had spoken to you about Samson, or something else, perhaps?

Profile photo of Amie
    Amie
    Participant

@reaton I was trying to finish that up in a hurry so I’m sorry if some of it blurred together. I would say that our conversation about the red room and Samson and her telling me she spoke to you and asking if you had told me were two different things. There was so much going on and I tried to absorb everything. I know I asked her about her conversation with you but I can’t for the life of me remember what she said about that. Then I read your post so I can’t remember if it seems familiar because I read that or actually heard about it. I’m really sorry about that. I almost didn’t want to bring it up because I knew I wouldn’t be able to respond to it if asked.

In my time I never actually saw Samson and Overseer interact other than him making her collapse and wake back up. All I could do was be strong for her when I looked into his eyes as she was laying on the ground.

Profile photo of coastergoblin
    coastergoblin
    Participant

After Ascension ended (11/5 7pm) and we took our group photo me and another 2nd timer (I don’t know her name) was asked to go back into the warehouse. We were asked if we wanted to see something funny and a scene played out very similar to what @blacklotustriad described in post #21200 (where Addison is asked about Anoch).

It differed slightly in that we were led over to watch Addison scream and squirm. It was revealed that the helmet was on her head. It wasn’t immediately apparent due to a red cloth but after she was done the helmet clearly came off.

When Addison came to she introduced herself and acted like she didn’t know us.

Samson (I assume that’s who it was) then led us to the white room where Addison sat at the interrogatee side of the desk while we were on the interrogator side. Another man with glasses (Bousman or someone else kind of looking like him?) was pacing back and fourth as Samson asked Addison questions. Some of which like “how do you know these two?” (she answered “did we meet at Mike’s party?”) and “what are you doing here?” (she answered “is this an audition?”) and “who are they?” (she answered “extras? crew members?”).

Now the details are a bit foggy for me but I think the guy in glasses started yelling (a lot) at Samson about failing and breaking the programming. That it was starting to become obvious for awhile that things weren’t right with Addison. He would then turn to us and say it was all our fault several times. I think we were led out as Addison was being grabbed again and she started screaming. She did not seem to know what was going on during this interrogation and was confused. I forget if she was about to go through another helmet experience or if she was just being taken away.

Sorry I don’t remember all details it all happened so quickly and was very emotional and unexpected.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 4 months ago by Profile photo of coastergoblin coastergoblin.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register