6/29/16 Office Investigation

Tension brand Forums INTERACTIONS WITH THE OOA 6/29/16 Office Investigation

This topic contains 39 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Lucus Lucus 7 years, 10 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Nosnevets
    Nosnevets
    Participant

*Fanfare and music* AND NOW FOR THE ADVENTURES OF TOM AND DEREK AND FRIENDS
    null (yes I used an Adventure Time gif on a Rocky and Bullwinkle reference get over it.)
    STARRING THE LOQUACIOUS, LINGUISTIC LUMINARY AND HIS PAL DEREK THE DUDE.
    LAST TIME YOU MAY REMEMBER: http://thetensionexperience.com/forums/topic/coming-clean/#post-11430 AND FURTHERMORE http://thetensionexperience.com/forums/topic/coming-clean/#post-11436 AND SO OUR HEROES CONTINUE

After questioning Thomas and Soos last week and further discussion at the impromptu mixer in LA, I decided to with tom go to the address listed in the emails, this time during business hours. The purpose of this being that Tom and Soos went on the weekend when it seemed mostly only maintenance staff and unessential/ uninformed people were there. It may be nothing but why not investigate if we have time on our hands right? So we met up at 12:34pm, disneyland rules. Weird numbers to make you remember. I dressed incognito in what was described plenty of times by tom as a chef’s shirt tucked in, a manbun, a well groomed beard (no moustache), jeans, and dress shoes. Before leaving we discussed the letter posted earlier that morning and whether it was insider trading or an interested eye on the market seeing as the article posted clearly mentioned that RLoch was bought out by a big company just before market close the previous day. Meaning that while it could be insider trading a watchful eye could see that that happened and know that at open the next day the shares would sky rocket as they were waiting all night to buy buy buy null https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylCRYpYFp1Y
    null

Anyway, we spoke of a plethora of interesting things on the way to the office. We stopped at a lovely shoppe and bought a small vase of 4 white roses and made a card with the OOA symbol and signed it A in fancy script. We thought, what flowers should we get? What is symbolic? Tom thought something to do with memory, perhaps a forget-me-not. Alas, they were not in stock so we found a cute little piece with these roses. I thought, can we get half yellow to represent the mixer? It was take it or pay extra sooooooooooo we took it. It was a good gesture either way, white represents innocence and purity, as well as honor and reverence… a general I’m thinking of you. We made our way up the elevator to the suite stopping outside the door realizing we had no plan of action. We planned what to ask if there really was someone related to the institute there and fought over who should speak and who should be the bearer of gifts. We are both eloquent speakers but the argument mostly consisted of “no you” “no you” “fine”. We knocked and it was open so we stepped inside only to find a slim old woman with a band aid on her cheek standing before us with her eyes fixed on a tv. There was no reception desk, there was no real waiting area. This was an impromptu space made from outer walls of cubicles in use. The wall to the left had a flatscreen tv hung and to our right was a plant a chair and a small coffee table with life magazine on it but if I remember correctly it featured someone I thought “ooh that’s 2000 and late.” In the back a gentlemen of maybe mid to late 40’s early 50’s was in an actual walled office speaking to someone unseen. The woman’s gaze slowly turned toward us as Tom said hello. She asked if she could help us. Tom said we wanted to drop off a gift for the OOA institute. She said “What’s that” very put off by the whole occurrence. We explained how we are a part of the institute and they have their address listed as this building and this exact suite and that we just wanted to leave a gift to say thank you for giving us the opportunity to have so much fun. She thought for a second then said she wasn’t sure they were even here anymore to which we both thought dang they move quickly, she continued that they had been there 3 years and we must have been very late with the gift. We said that just last week the email we received had this address and suite number to which I asked tom if he remembered the name that was associated with it and we did not at the time. She was very sorry she couldn’t help us but we said we should leave the flowers anyway, at least for her company as a gift, whatever they do. She immediately said “WHY?” almost disgusted with the idea.THEY WERE PRETTY FLOWERS OKAY? AND I WORKED HARD DRAWING THIS DAMN FANCY SCRIPT A. I said well, might as well put them to use? She said we might find them on a different floor or something? but we said no it had to be this suite so we gave them to her and left.

Meanwhile at the Hall of Justice null , a vanilla, a coffee shake, and an order of cheese fries later we found the CEO we were talking about _____, turns out he is a big wig producer with a sony connection although ancient, but frequents comicon and wondercon and helped produce 300, pirahna3d and other big time yet maybe awful film. is it connected? is it relevant? is it a front to make the real OOA organization look legitimately like an ARG when it truly is a branch of the illuminati trying to steal our souls and brainwash our minds in a Lynch-craft yet Kafkubrickian drug trip? FIND OUT NEXT TIME ON The Further Adventures of Figuring This Shit Out, or Hi Mom I Think I Joined A Cult!!!

Also, an afterthought, I found it interesting and coincidental this morning that on facebook Tension posted a picture of four yellow roses. Someone mentioned yellow is a sign of joy, friendship, promise of a new beginning, a welcoming back, a remember me, and an I care. Tom thought it might be a “I see what you did there”…

Written by Derek Stevenson (@Nosnevets)
    Edited and posted by Thomas Hite (@prufrock5150)

Profile photo of TheBuz
    TheBuz
    Participant

Great stuff.

10 bucks says the lawyer I found was production legal on one of those producers movies.

Nosnevets
      Participant

Most likely, and my connection with the email probably as well… but I’m really digging this meta “it only legitimizes the game so it hides the true nature” thing that’s going around.

Profile photo of Jake O
    Jake O
    Participant

so did you mention the tension experience or only the OOA. just a technicality, but I wonder if that would have made a difference

Nosnevets
      Participant

You know I don’t think we did mention tension at all, so you may have a very good point.

Profile photo of prufrock5150
      prufrock5150
      Participant

As I recall, the conversation went something like this…

Mysterious lady who was just standing there as we opened the door: May I help you?
      Me: Good afternoon. We are looking to deliver something to the OOA.
      Her [nonplussed and confused]: The what?
      Me: Your associates, the OOA Institute [Full disclosure – I had to exert great restraint to avoid launching into the Pulp Fiction bit of “You do remember your associates, the OOA institute…”]. This address is the only physical address associated with them.
      Her [after a beat, and a sidelong glance]: They… they aren’t here anymore. We are no longer with them.
      Me: So… what *is* your affiliation with the OOA?
      Her [slightly indignant]: Nothing. There is none. Nothing. They were with us for about three years, but now are not.
      Me: So, if we left something for them here, it would not get to them?
      Her: No. We have no contact.
      Me [after a pause and a brief sigh]: Very well. Then could we perchance leave this with you? We have no other way to reach them physically, and the flowers might accent this lovely office.
      Her [befuddled]: What… why would you do that? Maybe you could find them… they must still be out there…
      Me [resignedly]: It’s okay. They’re basically everywhere, I suppose, and I’m sure they’ll receive our message somehow. We thank you for your involvement, though, and appreciate your time.
      [Places flowers on the table, as @nosnevets casually removes the ominous black card.]
      Her [smiling in a way that makes it look extremely uncomfortable, yet quite genuine]: Well, thank you. Have a good day.
      Me: You too. Glory Be.
      [We exit the office, and after the door closes behind us, couch the black card between the placard and the wall.]

So, did we potentially harass a beleaguered affiliate of the OOA’s former accounting firm? Possibly. Did we also bring a smile to somebody’s face? Absolutely.

White roses bespeak both innocence and secrecy, after all.

And in the spirit of both, I bid all Glory Be!

Profile photo of creepsociety
    creepsociety
    Participant

Profile photo of Michelle
      Michelle
      Participant

I love this episode of Catfish! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Profile photo of Lucus
    Lucus
    Participant

I love the way this was put together. Thanks

Profile photo of Lucus
    Lucus
    Participant

Wait a second this sounds so familiar. Remember “The Game”, I think the Consumer Recreation Service company owned the whole building and moved from floor to floor. Haha that would be awesome.

Profile photo of Jake O
      Jake O
      Participant

lol, it would take a truly scary amount of money to pull that off in Beverly Hills.

Nosnevets
      Participant

OH MAI GAH…I hadn’t even thought to connect that @ununpentium

It could totally be something…or again nothing… but that is such a task I don’t know if there’s really a feasible way of accomplishing that without getting kicked out of the building. Had the woman hinted at a specific suite number or floor I would say YEAH @prufrock5150 let’s go back! It could’ve turned into a scavenger hunt leading from one suite to another to another via a paper trail or small mentions in speech… but I don’t remember anything specific about the room or the woman that would lead me in any particular direction. And it was a big….big building… null

Tom do you remember anything that could’ve been a clue?

Also, it’s been a while since I’ve seen the film Lucas… remind me a little. They did psychological puzzles on them right? So tension…check… but doesn’t his wife like turn on him? She…stabbed him? Drugged him? I just remember he passed out for some reason? That could be like the forums where people jump on others at the turn of a screw or…. OMG TOM LOOK OUT FOR SUSIE!!! haha

Profile photo of Susie J
      Susie J
      Participant

I would like to say in my defense that if anything did happen to @prufrock5150 he ate my leftover meatball sammich that I was very much looking forward to yesterday. Nothing is sacred and there are no innocents, I’m just sayin’.

Profile photo of
      Anonymous

Pure Freaking Evil!!!

prufrock5150
      Participant

I probably deserve this fate. It’s true.

Profile photo of Melissa
    Melissa

Hey @nosnevets this is me totally talking off stage here but isn’t this potentially breaking fourth wall? What information are you trying to gain from this?

• This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by Profile photo of Melissa Melissa.
      Nosnevets
      Participant

@mkarrett Potentially yes, potentially anything really could look too far behind the curtain though. I’ve had discussions with a few people here about this and if the community thinks we should cease further investigation I have no problem doing so.

As for information I’m trying to gain, I’ve come to the conclusion that tension is pretty good at steering our conversations into the directions that they want us to go in. Everything so far has been “it’s personalized to you and your past experience” and to further that thought I think they specifically play to each of our strengths so that we all become an integral part of this community. My strength is that I know ARG puzzles and am pretty creative at thinking outside the box. But I also work in the industry so why not use that knowledge if I have it right? That isn’t to say that I may not be looking way too deeply into something I shouldn’t be. But in the past tension has been able to see we’re getting to close to something and essentially in game say no that’s not a thing go away. A good example, even personally but pretty publically to me was the phone numbers that were unblocked. I think it could have totally been a mistake that they once or twice forgot to block the number. Anyone deep into ARGs the first thing they usually think is “let me google this number” it’s pretty public info. So I found the Sony connection then the very next day tension Called Buz by spoofing Kasch’s number. That was a pretty easy and deeply interesting way to say “haha derek you got us fuck off numbers don’t matter”. So that is a dead investigation. So in essence my thought is if it’s a fuck it, they’ll own it and find a way to divert. Otherwise what if it is in game and were all missing a big piece by thinking “That’s too much behind the curtain”.

So just a few things keep pointing me back toward the industry and I just want to know if it’s something or nothing. So far it’s been nothing. The first email I received from tension could totally have been a mistake. But why then continue to add the address in the email signature? This post for me was sort of the final dead end. Ok we went during business hours and there is literally no further action. So I subscribe to the thought that is going around that these are shadow/puppet/fronts to legitimize the OOA as being a game, when in reality that lures us into a false sense of security and it is actually a cult or what have you. It might seem OOG but it in a meta way deepens the lore and mind fuckery.

If that makes sense.

Profile photo of 111_error
    111_error
    Participant

I really think this the wrong way to play the game. Please don’t harass people at out-of-game locations.
    The address is in the email signature because Tension LLC is a hugely expensive business and their lawyer will have told them that was a necessary inclusion.

@nosnevets – Your address was posted here the other day, what if people turned up and snooped around when you weren’t there, thinking it must be a clue?

Nosnevets
      Participant

@111error Nothing done I would and hopefully anyone would consider harassment. If anything we tried to brighten a woman’s day. This is just my petty ego arguing because Now that everyone is saying cease I will, but in my defense, it was a piece of information that was there and in these things you tend to investigate to see if it’s something or nothing. As for my address, yes it was posted in fact it was posted with my permission until Mike brought up some subtle yet good points. And I’d hope that all of you lovely people I’ve met have good hearts and would have the common sense and decency to while investigating an address not to harass anyone in any situation. If people had come to my house without my being here I’d hope that they would notice it being a residence, maybe look over the wall or what have you and as Susie and Tom did in the past, leave a kind note or something of that nature. Had I been here, I’d hope they would ask kind questions seeking info and be satisfied and leave. And I’d be ecstatic if they left me flowers.

Where it would be a problem is if they hounded and harassed me. Or like mike said send me subscriptions to the pennysaver or something. But we’re all adults here and I think we all have the common decency to know how to treat people. Other than perhaps Tom I guess when it comes to meatball sandwiches.

So again, to clarify my thought process here, I went, I asked a few questions, seemed like a dead end. Revealed some info that was interesting to me about behind the curtain stuff. Didn’t post names because That seemed definitely like stuff certain people would not like to know. Subscribed to a theory thats going around on the forum and the investigation was done for me. Now, the community also seems to think it was a bad idea in general. So it’s finito.

111_error
      Participant

I don’t think anyone here doubts you’re a lovely guy and have no intention of actually harassing someone, but it’s worth bearing in mind that we have joined / are joining / are involved with what appears to outsiders to be a cult, and other people’s definitions of harassment, loitering or trespassing may not align with our own, and we want you, and Tension, to be safe. <3

Profile photo of Melissa
      Melissa

Eh. I wouldn’t say it’s the Community, it’s really just handful of people that I think are vaguely concerned. While I may not agree with your plan you don’t see Tension coming up there and correcting you on the matter.

So, I dunno, maybe you are onto something here. Just be careful and if you’re right, I’ll eat a banana*.

*I f*cking hate bananas.

Profile photo of creepsociety
    creepsociety
    Participant

In other words… Y’all doin too damn much. πŸ˜‚

@nosnevets Are you still believing the number many of us, including myself, received calls from (424-345-0716) is Sony Pictures?? If so, don’t you recall you had reverse searched the wrong number to get that result?

When I search for 424-345-0716 it is a listing from Commerce CA, as are 0714, 0715, 0717, 0719. Then if you look at 0718 it’s listed as DirecTV. 0713 is a private woman’s number. Nothing about this sequence of numbers suggests to me that 424-345-0716 or the surrounding numbers are related to Sony Pictures of Culver City CA.

And for goodness sakes, please don’t go calling all these numbers ^ I just listed :>

Profile photo of
      Anonymous

But…..phone number! :c

@astro4545 Should I laugh or cry now? I’m going with laugh πŸ˜‰

Profile photo of
      Anonymous

Craugh

Nosnevets
      Participant

No, @electrichippo I wasn’t still under that impression. I was under the impression that number don’t matter any longer because they are spoofing them. And no, I searched the correct number, I displayed the screenshot of the parent number accidentally but none the less at the time it was under the umbrella of Sony. Whether or not it was Sony or Direct Tv though has no real significance anymore though because the implication is the same. If connected, the OOA essentially has money and pull to use industry level assets to enrich our experiences. With Sony that may have been locations, makeup, hundreds of people working tirelessly, etc. With Direct TV that may include public and commercial advertising and many things that aren’t popping into my head at the moment but could really make these crazy experiences. But now I am under the thought camp that they could have easily spoofed the number so it’s irrelevant. And if they are just using these big name companies to legitimize their activities but are essentially lies then that opens all new doors for crazy things to happen.

Profile photo of Melissa
    Melissa

@nosnevets I can’t stop you from investigating but at the same time I really don’t want to see you potentially getting into a lot of trouble here for something that seems to me out-of-game.

Profile photo of Jake O
      Jake O
      Participant

agree with you Melissa, they have seen that people are going to the office. This is the second time AND people have asked about it on the forum even before anyone went.

I think if it was truly wrong to go, they would just say something. I’m not telling everyone to rush over there, as we’ve already seen what the result is. My guess is this is OOG, but they must have had to warn the office that people might come by.

Maybe they’re letting us see how we police ourselves within the community?

prufrock5150
    Participant

Put a blanket over a dog. Spin it around and take it to an open yard. Take the blanket off. What’s it going to do? Shake its head, look around, and explore the boundaries. This is not just human nature, it’s hardcore life-wiring. We, as GK IV has opined in the past, are like dogs to the powers that be, and as such we sometimes shit the rug.

I’ve shit the rug before, and I may have done it again, and that’s just how life goes. Desu desu.

Here’s the super-secret behind-the-scenes meta-out-of-game backstory:

As I posted previously, back in March @monkeymuffin333 and I investigated this location because we literally had no idea what was going on, and it was the only actual place in the physical world associated with this mysterious organization. We did not encounter anyone at the office because it was closed. It was a dead-end, but a hanging chad in the back of our minds, one that may bear out later.

@nosnevets and I were talking about it, and I mentioned how weird it was that the day I posted it, Tension sent an email, at the bottom of which was the same address. I mentioned that now I had some free time during business hours, and we thought it would be a jaunty little adventure to see what the inside of the office looked like and just inquire as to whether this company even would acknowledge the existence of the OOA.

It was, one could say, a social experiment. Let us decontextualize the action in the tradition of Russian Formalist literary criticism (I’m beginning to suspect that this narrative has epic and historical themes, after all): Two people walk into a random office in Beverly Hills and inquire about an organization in the hopes of leaving a meager gift of four white roses (cut and trimmed in a square, glass vase, valued at twenty U.S. dollars when purchased through Ace of Vase Flowers of Burbank, CA). They are informed that the office has cut ties with this organization. They leave the gift there and depart.

From the perspective of [redacted] Accounting Agency, it was a strange occurrence, to be sure. Perhaps it has happened before. Perhaps there’s some terrible thing we don’t know that we accidentally reminded them of. Perhaps they’re covering up a kidnapping and worried about being found out. Perhaps they’re really sick of some freaky ARG organizers having to use their address because tax laws require it, and someone got a phone call asking about the weirdos leaving flowers.

We don’t know. Arf arf arf.

My apologies to anyone who was adversely affected by this.

It will not happen again.

Profile photo of Susie J
      Susie J
      Participant

But there *was* a relationship with the OOA. She said so.

prufrock5150
      Participant

She did recognize the name. It seemed to cause her some distress, actually. I’m really bad at pursuing lines of questioning that cause others distress, especially if I’m not clear on my purpose, so when she flatly stated “Nothing!” after being asked what their relationship was, I took it as a quite direct appeal to BTFO… but she did seem to like the flowers. If anything, the subtext I read was “This is not the business office you’re looking for, but don’t give up hope – they’re out there somewhere… I just don’t want anything to do with them.” This works on both in-game and out-of-game levels, and I guess the tension here (eeeeh? eeeeeeeh?) is negotiating the line between. The way I figure, none of us really have the agency or authority to go acting on the OOA’s behalf, so if we need to pursue that avenue any further, it will happen as a product of multiple people working together in a much more well-planned event than just showing up out of nowhere. After all, I’d be the last one to bogart all the drama of a real-world interaction without being able to share it with others… and you can’t periscope from inside the building.

Profile photo of Addison Born
    Addison Born
    Participant

Just catching up after a crazy week, this thing caught my eye. The following is going to be wholly out-of-game speculation based on my own production experiences with for-profit entertainment and event coordination, and mods please remove if it’s going too far behind the curtain here..

But here’s what I’m picking up from what you’re putting down, and tell me if I’m mistaken – you went to the mailing address at the bottom of the Tension Experience mailer sent via a Mailchimp managed mailing list??? The one they use to send generally out of game marketing emails to those interested in what Tension is, and haven’t really used since the experience launched??? The address put on the bottom of their Mailchimp email blast due to legal requirements and anti spam laws???

The office you visited was Bogart Business Management… which is a Business Management/Accounting firm, a business comprised of accountants and business affairs managers, based on a LinkedIn search on the business name. They’d be handling the books for Tension, LLC. and likely many other businesses, entertainment or otherwise. When they need to get location permits for events, when they need to pay their actors, when they need to pay their vendors, when they pull stock photography for their newsletters, when they have to take out insurance on events (especially events requiring waivers to be signed and stunts preformed), their security, their web hosting, literally any money changing hands, these people are the ones tracking that and likely executing payment. Their address was on the bottom of the Mailchimp-served-newsletter because that’s their legal physical mailing address, the address that Mailchimp is billing to, the address that Mailchimp keeps on record in case anyone goes back to Mailchimp and complains about spam.

When Tension, LLC wants to do ANYTHING, they have to worry about legal requirements including permits that need to be in place for an in-person event, or when they need to confirm wording on marketing messages that need to go out especially when using images, audio recordings, or written word of participants.. these people are likely involved in making sure everything is paid for, low risk, and allowable by law.

Now… When you have three people who don’t know what they’re getting into show up at a business management firm without an appointment, you’re going to do whatever it takes to make sure they’re cool and they leave quickly and quietly. I’m sure they have only been in that space for a few years, so when you mentioned another business they deflected in an attempt to get y’all on your way..

Like, imagine walking into Conde Nast’s offices and asking them for more information about an app that was talked about in an issue of Wired from a few months back.. they’d likely have a similar reaction and tell you anything you’d want to hear in order to make you leave.

Yes.. you did some research here and found a physical address… but honestly it would’ve been a great idea to think about how you got the address and look into what the business actually did before you paid them a visit.

prufrock5150
    Participant

…message received.

I must have lost my head.

111_error
      Participant

You have redeemed yourself and restored honor to your name with this YouTube link. Which is my favorite one posted here so far.

prufrock5150
      Participant

Thank you, senpai πŸ˜‰

ζ „ε…‰ γ‚γ‚ŠγΎγ™

111_error
      Participant

εΌ΅εŠ›γ―γγ‚Œγ‚’ζ„Ÿθ¬γ—γΎγ™

Profile photo of
      Anonymous

I am not going to be the one to clean that up.

Profile photo of Lucus
    Lucus
    Participant

You know, I would have done the same thing @prufrock5150, @nosnevets, and @monkeymuffin333. I would have checked out the address. But what everyone is saying makes a lot of sense. I will remember this for the future. Thanks for the clarity @addisonborn and everyone else. This was an interesting discussion.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register