A puzzle/clue that has been hidden

Tension brand Forums THEORIES, PUZZLES, DECODING THEIR MESSAGE A puzzle/clue that has been hidden

This topic contains 27 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Cody Cody 7 years, 11 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

Hey guys – I’m stoked about this. This piece of paper was handed to @kasch at the end of the last event. He’s kept it unannounced since he wasn’t sure if he could, or should share it. He and I spoke and he said it was cool that I post it to start a bigger discussion.

His first thought was that they were Runes and stood for “PGRD”, but after looking into it more, I think they might be Greek symbols for Initiation, Partnership, Journey, Breakthrough – which all make sense within this experience.

Do these look familiar to anyone else? I’m sure they could stand for other words/letters, but I’m not sure.

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

Is this what was to be found?

Does anyone else have anything they haven’t spoken about yet? I’m wondering if there are more and we need to put them all together or something

Profile photo of Rusty
    Rusty
    Participant

Have Greek symbols appeared elsewhere? I do not recall any.

Profile photo of Addison Born
      Addison Born
      Participant

Hmmmmmmm… The OOA logo is reminiscent of a few (Greek) astrological signs combined – Leo and Capricorn for sure. But then the anchor on the side..

My fiancee studied ancient Mediterranean history and religions in college, she stretched that the anchor on the right hand side could be related to early Christian symbolism – a symbol of hope of future existence.

The logo has been there since the beginning, plus these symbols coming up now? Throwing a whole can of spaghetti at the wall right now, but these might be related in my opinion.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Where did you find the Greek symbols on initiation/partnership/journey/breakthrough?
    While trying to google that, I did keep pulling up links on Greek initiation – as in fraternities & sororities.
    Another search result was this book: ENOCHIAN INITIATION: A Thelemite’s Magical Journey into the Ultimate Transcendence by Frater W.I.T.

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

I actually found something else right now. These might be black magic/Wiccan (can’t tell exactly) Rune symbols that stand for Game, Gift, Ride, Day

These also make sense! @kasch – Didn’t you give “someone” a ride during your consultation?

Profile photo of Jake O
    Jake O
    Participant

Wow! I thought I saw @kasch get handed something on the street outside the last event but I wasn’t sure. I totally forgot about it until right now.
    @mike your analysis seems correct to me. not sure what there is to do with that info though

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Also found this image from this site on runes in witchcraft.

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

Ugh – Now I found one that has Celtic meanings – Rebirth (or Fertility or Magic), Gift (or Love or Marriage), Radio (or ride or journey or change), Day (or happiness or success)

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Other meanings for Elder Futhark runes

Profile photo of Jake O
    Jake O
    Participant

Mystery hidden things, gifts, travel relocation, breakthrough

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

@coryphella – here’s where I got them from

Profile photo of Jake O
    Jake O
    Participant

some of these meanings seem to be matching in runic, Greek and Celtic

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by Profile photo of Jake O Jake O.
    Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

And here’s the magic one

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Here’s something else, found here.

“The field on which you cast the runes represents the world in which you live.
    To the Right represents the past
    To the Left – the future.
    When reading horizontally (right-to-left), the central area represents the present.
    On the vertical axis, closest to you (Near) represents the issue.
    Furthest from you (Far) represents the outcome.
    The central area when read in this direction represents your need, your actions and the challenges which may effect them.
    Take the runes from the box and place them unseen in the bag. Swirl the runes around in the bag gently with your writing hand, and let a rune fall naturally into your fingers. Feel it and sense whether it is the right one to draw.
    Draw the runes one at a time and place them on the field. Never turn the runes – place them exactly as they come to hand on the field. Whether they are upright or reversed (i.e. upside down or right way up), and whether they appear converse or obverse (i.e. face down or face up) may make a difference to the meaning.
    When placing the runes on the field always work from Right to Left, then from Near to Far.
    If placing a three rune cast you would lay Right, Centre, then Left.
    If placing a five rune cast you would lay Right, Centre, Left, Near, Far.
    And if placing a six rune cast you would lay Right, Near Centre, Left, Near, Far Centre, Far.”

The image shown on that site doesn’t show the layout the way they are drawn, but maybe there are other ways to cast runes?

Profile photo of Jake O
      Jake O
      Participant

After sleeping on it more, I think the above interpretation of how to read the message makes the most sense. There is a reason one symbol is written on the right and the next on the left.

If we read downward, right to left, the symbol on the upper right would be the past and the one under the future. So here’s my theory reading downward from the top:

Initiation/mystery/hidden (past)
      – first consultation, questionnaire, solving the initial puzzles

Partnership/Gift (future)
      – forum, becoming a community, Mike receiving the journal, Andrew receiving this message

Journey/ride/travel (past)
      – the events themselves, our overall _path, maybe the main event in October

Breakthrough/day/revelation (Future)
      – the end game, seeing the light, enlightenment, what we are all seeking-to find out where this is all going

Profile photo of Jake O
    Jake O
    Participant

this is really interesting. especially how the meaning of this written image would change depending on which way you flip it.
    Since the symbols have different meanings depending on which way they are facing and whether they are on the right or left hand side

Profile photo of Andrew Kasch
    Andrew Kasch
    Participant

So far, I believe Mike’s interpretation to be correct. I spent hours looking up acronyms for the literal translations and found nothing.

Profile photo of Andrew Kasch
    Andrew Kasch
    Participant

I have the sneaking suspicion that this note was not meant for just me…and may have greater significance to others out there.
    So if you are lurking out there and see this, feel free to contact me.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by Profile photo of Andrew Kasch Andrew Kasch.
    Profile photo of Melissa
    Melissa

Excellent work people! Even if we don’t have a definitive answer holy cow we have a lot of great theories!

Tomorrow when I’m a little more alert I’ll take a look at the note and if I can dig up anything.

Profile photo of PuppetGirl
    PuppetGirl
    Participant

Maybe: Hidden/Mystery – Generosity – Ritual – Awakening
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Runes
    https://www.pinterest.com/pin/493425702897988590/

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by Profile photo of PuppetGirl PuppetGirl.
    Profile photo of PuppetGirl
    PuppetGirl
    Participant

Initiation, Partnership, Journey, Breakthrough were the same as in a friend of mine’s book.

Profile photo of _Michael Gray
    _Michael Gray
    Participant

Just a thought here, sorry I don’t have time to do it myself at the moment. So just throwing it out there…

There is what I feel an unsloved puzzle with a video that was released. It had the backslash of /what5youseek
    Maybe one of these words that the runes stand for could be added to the /what5youseek/”insert word”
    This puzzle has been getting me since I first saw it and I don’t think it’s a dead end. We just have to find what we’re seeking and make something of it. If it doesn’t lead to anything, sorry for those that put in the time to see if it is crack able.

So the whole code would be thetensionexperience.com/what5youseek/”insert”

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Since this very coincidentally came across my pinterest feed today, I thought I’d share.

The thought I’m currently having is that all of the meanings we’ve found are related. We can pick one set of meanings – initiation, partnership, journey, breakthrough – and find that it’s similar to another – chance, gift, riding, clarity.

I couldn’t find any rune casting layouts that match what was on that piece of paper.

Profile photo of Cody
    Cody
    Participant
      Profile photo of Cody
      Cody
      Participant

This book Is the 21 Lessons Of Merlin. At one time I had the orrigional print and there was way more charts and graphs and INFORMATION that was left out in the re-print.
      A friend borrowed it, and as borrowed books do… it never returned.
      Moral of the story. DONT LEND BOOKS. only gift them. hahahaha

Profile photo of Cody
    Cody
    Participant

The first pic has some symbology that reflects aspects of the tension logo.

The brain chart is irrelevant to this clue but I think we can learn a lot about each other based on our dominant hands.

I’m a lefty. May explain a bit. lol.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by Profile photo of Cody Cody.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register