Addison Called Me

Tension brand Forums INTERACTIONS WITH THE OOA Addison Called Me

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 73 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Sunshine Sunshine 7 years, 10 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of JoeKaye
    JoeKaye
    Participant

I just got a call from Addison. She was terrified and panicking. I was told I needed to get a message to @111error and @reaton. She told me she could not call either one of you guys directly. This is as close to quoting her as I can get:

“I don’t have much time. I left a ——-. I left the ——-. Oh god she’s coming. Please hurry. Oh god.”

I tried to ask her where, but I couldn’t get a single word out. She was so scared. I’m so scared for her.

For the sake of Addison’s safety I’ve redacted specifically the item she said she left but I assure you both Russell and Morgan have received the message.

Where did she leave it?! WHO HAS HER???? Is it 4?!

• This topic was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by Profile photo of JoeKaye JoeKaye.
    Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

I’ll text @reaton and tell him to get his ass to this thread

Profile photo of Amie
    Amie
    Participant

@111error and @reaton Hopefully you’ll be able to help her!!

Profile photo of Rusty
    Rusty
    Participant

I am already here @mike. πŸ˜‰ I have received the message.

Profile photo of Melissa
    Melissa

Oh my god!!

Profile photo of Daela
    Daela
    Participant

Addison seems to have changed her mind? From “Four, I’m ready” to “Oh god she’s coming”. I wonder if her apparent compliance in the Periscope was artificially induced (helmet?) or if something traumatic has happened to change her mind. Assuming, that is, that Four is the “she” being referenced.

Profile photo of JoeKaye
      JoeKaye
      Participant

I can’t think of who else would have her. It has to be 4.

That’d certainly be a new development, we’ve yet to hear confirmation of any Gatekeeper remaining active after they change roles.

All of you keep us informed, yeah!?

Profile photo of Mustafa Said
    Mustafa Said
    Participant

This is incredible. She sure doesn’t sound ok…..

Profile photo of Melissa
    Melissa

@reaton and/or @111error, is there anything I can do? I am sick but I can make myself immediately available to help in some way. Call if you need me.

Profile photo of JoeKaye
    JoeKaye
    Participant

Same with me guys. I’m free until 7 so whatever you need I’m around. I’ll message @reaton my number

Profile photo of Addison Born
    Addison Born
    Participant

I guess the good news to take away from this is that we know Addison still has some piece of herself left?

I mean… for now, at least

Profile photo of Mustafa Said
      Mustafa Said
      Participant

I agree with @TheGuilded. Whatever remains of Addison may not be there. Which raises a question in my mind:

Addison told Four that she was ‘ready’ for something after crossing out family photos and burning the envelope that held them, which to me signaled the final separation of who she was in preparation for who she would become. I get the impression that her transformation has begun at this point. Has she still retained her sense of self and if so, did she fake what happened much like what @daela said? Or is she reluctant to change and this is just a initial step forward for her?

Profile photo of JoeKaye
    JoeKaye
    Participant

We need to find what she’s left and where she’s left it. Maybe it contains information of her whereabouts.

Secondary question… @jkonigsberg – Has she had direct contact with you before? We know the OOA has your contact information, but unless you’ve spoken with her directly, the only way she could have gotten it would be to access OOA information directly, or may have a copy of the Institute’s information on her which may be a gold mine of information. Just yet another reason to get to her/whatever she’s left with the quickness

Profile photo of JoeKaye
      JoeKaye
      Participant

The only other contact I’ve ever had with her was at the 5/29 mixer when she told me to “trust my instincts” and drew an x on my name tag. Other than that we’ve never spoken alone. I was wondering myself how the heck she got my number, and why me and not someone closer to @reaton or @111error?

She warned you and called you for a reason, of that I’m certain. Whatever happens, you’re involved now. That means that as much as you can help her, you’re also a target.

Don’t stop what you’re doing, but watch your back…

Profile photo of Rusty
    Rusty
    Participant

It warms my heart the there is some contact from her. I still have the toy Tom gave me… I firmly believe that Addison is reaching out. But, obviously she cannot communicate directly. That means there is or will soon be more information from her. Let’s be watchful…

Profile photo of Cody
    Cody
    Participant

I think we as a community should consider downloading call recording applications to be able to share these interactions.
    @jkonigsberg you said,

β€œI don’t have much time. I left a β€”β€”-. I left the β€”β€”-. Oh god she’s coming. Please hurry. Oh god.”

Are the sections with the “___ _” , parts of the convo that you couldn’t understand? Also does the spaces in the underscores indicate that there were two words in both instances ?

I’d very strongly encourage you to look into privacy laws before you install any such recording software.

Regardless of whether you’re being contacted by the OOA, Addison, or one of us, many states (including California) consider it a crime to record someone over the phone without both parties’ consent.

Profile photo of Melissa
      Melissa

Exactly @thegilded, ya beat me to it! :)

Addison Born
      Participant

Also in agreement with @thegilded. From a non-legal standpoint, this communication is happening through calls and not emails or texts for a reason – they’re not meant to be permanently recorded. Once something like this is on the record, it could get into anyone’s hands. Imagine the OOA took Joe’s phone, hacked his email, anything like that to get ahold of this info? But when it’s a call, he can share the info at his own discretion, like he did here.

Safer for all parties involved.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by Profile photo of Addison Born Addison Born. Reason: i can't spel
      Profile photo of Cody
      Cody
      Participant

Noted @gilded.
      I am not up to snuff on cali state law. A notice would sufice however im sure. One may never get a call from the OOA if this was done though. haha.

@addisonborn I see your point. Definitely a perspective I noted.

Profile photo of Sunshine
      Sunshine
      Participant

Who’s ooa?

Profile photo of Michael Rizzo
    Michael Rizzo
    Participant

Four did say she would be back, and she left barely a few days after Addison said she was ready and went MIA… I can only assume 4 is is “she”??

Profile photo of JoeKaye
    JoeKaye
    Participant

Cody, I heard her perfectly but for her safety I redacted the word per @111error ‘s request.

Profile photo of 111_error
    111_error
    Participant

@reaton called me immediately, I was driving back from lunch .. Message firmly received, Joe. Russell says he gave you my number, use it if you need to.

Like he said, let’s all keep our eyes open for messages, or anything that could be Addison trying to reach out.

[edit] Her message was that some people must not find this item before we do. We don’t know who is reading here, and so assume it should not be quite so blatantly broadcast, but I would assume we’ll know when the moment to strike is. If we get any confirmation on whether we should or shouldn’t discuss it, this thread can be updated….

• This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by Profile photo of 111_error 111_error.
    Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

So this may be a double edged sword, but weren’t we just told and encouraged to share all clues and all information we receive unless specifically told not to?

I understand the safety concerns, but wouldn’t posting about her calling and sending a message be just as bad as naming an item she left?

Is this something a physical item (like the letter) for us to find? Is this something we can/should help with?

I just don’t want to go down the same path we’ve been down :/

Profile photo of 111_error
      111_error
      Participant

I agree with you, I think. It’s difficult to know when someone is trying to get something into our hands without others finding it first, that doesn’t immediately scream “inform the whole internet’ to me, but if Joe and Russell agree we should share the full details, I am fine with that.

Profile photo of JoeKaye
      JoeKaye
      Participant

Perhaps we should vote. How does everyone feel about this? Do we think it’s in our or Addison’s best interest to share what item she left.

I personally vote for discretion.

I’ve long held the belief that if it’s even getting to us in the first place, the OOA is aware of it. Thus, it is not an issue of secrecy, but a race against them.

To that end, I vote to share

Profile photo of Daela
      Daela
      Participant

Has Addison or BoS specifically said that the OOA cannot be made aware of it?

Profile photo of JoeKaye
      JoeKaye
      Participant

Yes.

Profile photo of Daela
      Daela
      Participant

Then we can deduce that the OOA is not currently aware of it.

With that in mind, I’d vote for keeping it off the forums for now, at least until you receive further instruction on what you should be doing. If she thinks you SHOULD be sharing on the forums, Addison knows how to contact you.

Profile photo of Melissa
      Melissa

Ugh this is damned if you do, damned if you don’t scenario.

If you post what this thing is then it may fall into the wrong hands. If you don’t, that’s information lost and more importantly we won’t know what to look for OR it severely restricts who can get this item (basically it’s you, @reaton who is quite often busy, and @111error who lives quite far)

But let’s think how many people here would use it for malicious reasons? I suspect the number of people that would use this item for good far outweighs the people who would it for bad reasons. That and the OOA does see everything so they probably already know the existence of this….thing. Choices. Ugh.

And let’s consider what Addison said before, not everybody should know what this thing is. She called you for a reason. And Addison told you before to trust your gut.

With all that said I’ll join with @reaton on this one. I vote for discretion, for now.

Profile photo of Rusty
      Rusty
      Participant

Because of @daela question and because I did not receive the message directly, I have to agree with @jkonigsberg and his impression of Addison’s request.
      But, if we get even the slightest indication this needs to be a community wide call to arms, it needs to be shared immediately.

Obviously, from @jkonigsberg post… we have no information to go on, yet.

Profile photo of Cody
      Cody
      Participant

Well Id say its a little late for that. lol

Profile photo of Melissa
    Melissa

Thank you btw @jkonigsberg for immediately bringing this to our attention while having some smart discretion about the information broadcast. Good thinking!

Profile photo of OOA_GUIDE
    OOA_GUIDE
    Keymaster

IF Addison truly did call you, it is imperative you share those details. She is in grave danger. We must locate her whereabouts.

Profile photo of Daela
      Daela
      Participant

In danger from whom?

(Also of note: the OOA apparently doesn’t know of Addison’s whereabouts. Four does. Has Four defected?)

Profile photo of Daela
      Daela
      Participant

Maybe Four has taken off with Addison. The OOA claims that Addison is in danger from Four, Four claims Addison is in danger from the OOA?

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

i vote discretion. From Milwaukee.

Profile photo of Cody
    Cody
    Participant

Discretion as well. As much as I would like to know the details I think it may be better left unsaid for now until the information can be examined.
    Maybe those that are in the immediate vicinity and are able to help should be involved to maintain somewhat transparency and community effort.
    Also the more involved.. the better in my opinion.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by Profile photo of Cody Cody.
    Profile photo of _Michael Gray
    _Michael Gray
    Participant

#WhereIsAddison

Two seperate forces are assuming their care and sense of responsibility for Addison. Both believe they’re right and the other is wrong, and will do maybe anything to keep her safe. Who knows? But I think it might be a possibility that her Dad found her. Who else wants to get at Addison that badly and for what reason?

Edit: So I see the “She’s coming” now from Joe. Haha and that’s why I should always catch up before jumping in haha.

Profile photo of OOA_GUIDE
    OOA_GUIDE
    Keymaster

@daela herself

Profile photo of Melissa
      Melissa

….Can you elaborate on that a bit @ooaguide?

Profile photo of Daela
      Daela
      Participant

@mkarrett – Yes, I’d like more information on this as well. What’s the worst she could do to herself?

(I’m assuming you aren’t saying that Addison is in danger from *me*, @ooaguide.)

Addison Born
      Participant

I’m wondering, @ooaguide… do we know you by any other name?

Michael Rizzo
    Participant

I vote to keep it under wraps, it seems like we don’t know the full story here… @ooaguide may be twisting some words here to sway you to give up the info… I honestly don’t think it’s in addisons best interest to release that information. ehats confusing is that according to the letter from four, other members knew she was leaving and were helping to edit that letter, that’s the only thing from saying she left without giving notice. Questions everywhere

Profile photo of Muthiloced
    Muthiloced
    Spectator

PURXZSGIDH

Profile photo of _Michael Gray
    _Michael Gray
    Participant

I vote to share the information that you have.

Profile photo of Ezi
    Ezi
    Participant

Although both sides have good points, I would vote for sharing, mostly because it’s hard to be involved and try and help solve things if you don’t have the information that the people in CA have.

Profile photo of Melissa
    Melissa

Re-reading what Addison told you @jkonigsberg, the thing that really worries me is time is of the essence here.

“I don’t have much time”
    “Please hurry”

Why do I have a feeling someone already has this thing?

Profile photo of Daela
      Daela
      Participant

It does seem like she expects us to be able to find the item. Are we supposed to go back to the VFW, where she was last seen in person? Is there a clue as to its whereabouts that we’re missing? Is someone supposed to come forward with it?

Hurry and do *what*?

Addison Born
      Participant

Wait wait wait @thebuz didn’t you have a package or some other bit of mail on the way??

Profile photo of TheBuz
      TheBuz
      Participant

Been checking my mail every day and nothing has come.

And I just left for Chicago so I don’t know if it will be coming soon or not.

Profile photo of TheBuz
    TheBuz
    Participant

This… Sounds very fishy. I’m not quite sure how I feel about this.

Profile photo of Daela
      Daela
      Participant

What part of it sounds fishy to you? You think it wasn’t Addison who called Joe?

Profile photo of TheBuz
      TheBuz
      Participant

4 went Rogue
      Addison went missing
      OOA saying she’s in danger
      BoS seems to be completely silent

It just doesn’t sound right.

Just saying… This could be a trap of some kind. Just have a gut feeling.

Michael Rizzo
      Participant

From Kim’s post, it looks like both sides are trying to find Addison and whoever “she” is, I think both sides are at a loss of info, the only ones who can really save Addison are 111, Russ, and joe

Profile photo of Jake O
      Jake O
      Participant

@thebuz I agree this has trap written all over it. Though, the question of the day is, who is trapping whom

Profile photo of Andrew Kasch
    Andrew Kasch
    Participant

After the mixer, I was warned that Addison was in extreme danger. This week, we learned Sentinel infiltrated the OOA.

The question is: Is she running from one or the other? Or both?

Very worried about her.

Profile photo of TheBuz
      TheBuz
      Participant

Exactly. Something is going on behind the scenes.

Profile photo of Mike
      Mike
      Participant

@kasch – Just catching up on everything since I’ve been out, but when/where did you see/hear that Sentinel infiltrated the OOA? Was this something told to you?

Profile photo of
      Anonymous

I got a phone call. The caller told me this. I think @daela had one too.

Profile photo of Rusty
      Rusty
      Participant

Thanks for pointing that out, @mike… I thought I had missed something completely because of my hectic life. And, thanks @coryphella for the clarification.

Profile photo of
      Anonymous

I don’t know that there’s been any discussion beyond that about *who* has infiltrated the OOA (or how, I guess, is a better question, since they said it was Sentinel, they just didn’t name specific people), I think it kind of flew under the radar.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Was any of this ever followed up on? Resolved? The thing that Addison left? The calls she made?

Profile photo of Cody
      Cody
      Participant

I believe this was the path we did not choose. Sorry megan. You were wanting clarity on the right things as I recall.

@coryphella I do know what the object is and have a connection that might get me info on how to find it when that info becomes available. It’s definitely not a dead end topic, but due my loyalties, and out of utmost concern for Addy and her safety, I will not reveal anything to OOA loyalists. Some of you aren’t as loyal to OOA as others might think. Those of you can have whatever info I receive.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

@electrichippo – How are you determining how loyal we are to the OOA?

@coryphella I form sincere friendships with many of you, I pay attention to what you say and do, I listen to my advisors when special cases arise.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register