After Dark Encounter

Tension brand Forums IN PERSON EVENT DISCUSSIONS After Dark Encounter

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Duchess Duchess 7 years, 10 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Peter Morton
    Peter Morton
    Participant

Ok so I have been dabbling with the OOA and these forums for a few months now. I have never quite given my full attention to them but I have been actively promoting through all my social media channels and also my company who have a large horror social media following.
    I have received one phone call from the OOA in which I was invited to the Saturday event which took place in April downtown.The phone call was made on the Wednesday afternoon before the event. I was told to await further details on the Saturday morning. I waited the whole of Saturday and never received a call. I kept a keen eye on social media and followed the progress of the various attendees who did get the details. I was disappointed and contacted the OOA through Facebook. They told me there had been a mistake and that I would be invited to the next event.

Now this is where things get a little weird but very interesting… On the 13th of April I had been at a well publicized event that I was organizing. I had promoted the event on my social media and it was very clear that I was at a specific place at a specific time. After the event had ended I was walking home. I live in Hollywood and I am fully versed with all the street characters and strange people that hang around in my neighborhood as I have been here for over six years. It was strange then, that after midnight about a block away from my apartment an old blind man with a cane comes out of the shadows and begins to walk in almost perfect unison beside me. It was literally just him and I on the street. I have never seen this man before and I haven’t seen him since. There was something about his appearance and proximity that made me feel a little uneasy. We got to the crosswalk and I was waiting for the lights to change. It was at this point I considered asking the man if he needed my assistance in crossing the road. It was literally just him and I on the Hollywood and La Brea crosswalk and I thought he might need some help. There was something so unusual about him though, something that made me feel very uncomfortable. That coupled with the fact I needed the restroom was enough to make me move on without offering assistance. I did feel ashamed at my own selfishness but at the same time it’s Hollywood and you just never know. As I crossed the street I turned back several times to check to see if the man was going anywhere. He was not. Instead he appeared to stare in my direction as both sets of lights changed. Like I said I know all the local characters my job takes me up and down this stretch of road sometimes four or five times a day. I have never seen this strange old blind man before or since.

I was out of town for most of May. I communicated this to the OOA via Facebook unlike last time I never received a response. When I returned I sent a message to let them know I had returned and asking if I had missed out on anything. Again no response.
    Last week I received an e mail from the OOA saying that I had been missed in the forums and telling me to get involved. I thought this was a generic e mail sent to everyone on the e mailing list but decided to respond anyway. I told the OOA that I appreciated what they were doing and that I would continue to promote them as much as possible but due to the disappointing let downs I couldn’t promise to participate in the forums frequently. I was surprised then when I got a personal response telling me that the OOA care about all and to participate in the forums and they will find me. They also signed off telling me that I now have their EYE!!!

Whether the blind man is Tension related or not, it seems that for me personally they have made a number of references to ‘sight’ in their correspondence. I didn’t detail the events of my after dark encounter before because I wasn’t sure it was relevant I still don’t know if it is. Something about it made me feel that I was being watched though. That and the fact the OOA have actively asked me to be more visible on the forums is why I am sharing this now. If anyone else has experienced anything similar let me know.

For now GLORY BE I hope you are all feeling a little more tense ; )

Profile photo of Jake O
    Jake O
    Participant

@mortzo glad to have you back! That is an interesting story, regardless of whether it is coincidence or not. I think that was during gatekeeper 5’s run, and we’ve determined his sense was sight. So your story does kind of tie in to the timeline I think.

Peter Morton
    Participant

@JakeO interesting! I intend to be more active from now on. I didn’t even know there were several different gatekeepers. I need to start knuckling down I think.

Profile photo of Jake O
      Jake O
      Participant

Yes, we are on gatekeeper III. Four was a whole adventure in of itself!

Five was sight
      Four was hearing
      Three we think is voice.

Presumably we have two more gatekeepers to go.

Peter Morton
    Participant

@JakeO Mmmmmmm makes sense then. Strange the way the universe works, for the past two year I have been working on a script based around the five senses and a game. Maybe Tension is my destiny!

Profile photo of Jake O
      Jake O
      Participant

wow, if there is a strange institute/cult in your screenplay, I hope you copyrighted it!

Peter Morton
    Participant

@JakeO Not exactly, but there are similar elements and yep it’s copyrighted : )

Profile photo of Jake O
      Jake O
      Participant

Sounds intriguing, best of luck with it!

Profile photo of Duchess
    Duchess
    Participant

A touchy gatekeeper will be interesting to meet in the streets.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register