April 1st.

This topic contains 13 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Lucus Lucus 8 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

I’ve been waiting anxiously for April 1st to arrive. Now that the day is almost upon us, my feelings are conflicted.

Excitement mixed with apprehension.

What will they ask of us? How personal will their inquiries be? Will I be worthy of their consideration?

What are your thoughts or feelings leading up to this potentially monumental start of something amazing and new?

I don’t feel much fear about this stage, personally. I am curious, yes, but while I feel there are many steps towards The Light that are worthy of fear and apprehension, I don’t feel that this is one.

We’ve seen through others’ consultations and interactions at the library the type of information that the OOA is interested in, and the themes of their teachings: that the physical world is less important than the mental and spiritual world. That we will need to make sacrifices in order to attain enlightenment. That there will be detractors who will try to make us stray from the Oracles’ path.

Surely as long as we keep these in mind, we have nothing to fear during the registration phase.

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

The thing to remember is registration lasts 2 months…so I have more questions and curiosity than fear. What will happen in those 2 months? Will we be contact before June 1st? Will there be more consultations? More phone calls? More puzzles?

No matter what happens, I’m really excited on what’s to come

@thegilded: Any thoughts on what these “sacrifices” might be? That’s the part that brings me my apprehension. Not fear, just mild nerves.

@mike: I have kept that 2 month registration window in mind. I just hope it doesn’t equate to us basically hurrying to register and then left to wait again. I’m ready for some interaction with the OOA.

@electrichippo In keeping with the theme of the literal, physical world being less important than the metaphorical, conceptual world, it could be something like cutting detractors out of our lives or “sacrificing” something important to us to prove our dedication.

But then again, we do know that there have been deaths associated with the OOA before. If the path towards The Light requires literal sacrifice… well then I suppose we’ll see which of us are truly dedicated towards our cause.

Human sacrifice. Well then, indeed.

Profile photo of Diem
    Diem
    Participant

I am waffling between anticipation and disappointment. Not a day has gone by that I am not thinking of the O.O.A and what is to come. I only hope I can be a part of it in some fashion.

@diem at one point OOA did state that those outside the Los Angeles area will be able to participate, so don’t lose hope.

And a reminder to all from the March 2016 Newsletter:

“All applicants will be asked to create a [sic] individual profile and fill out a rather unique questionnaire. Please answer all of our inquiries truthfully. Our reach is wide and often, unexpected. We will root out those that attempt to lie to us.”

Profile photo of Erin
    Erin
    Participant

I wonder why April 1st? Known for being a day for practical jokes and revealing hoaxes.
    One old tradition says it is day for which people are sent on phony errands. Perhaps we will receive some?
    Or it will be an elaborate prank to reveal our curiosities having the best of us. I am hoping there is more to the story here.

@thegilded Somehow that creeped me out even more than humans.

@thegilded My guess is April Fool’s Day is either a coincidence or intended purely to put us off balance and consider the possibility that it’s all just a joke. I don’t think it’s a joke at all.

Profile photo of Diem
    Diem
    Participant

ElectricHippo, I did see that in the newsletter and it has given me a reason to hold out hope, that I can participate here as well. I am intrigued enough to keep putting in what I can from where I am, even if it turns out to be an elaborate prank of some sort. I have never been one to walk away without answers, I think I must be the proverbial “cat” that curiosity killed. Until tomorrow, I leave you all with eager hopes and soon to be answers.

@diem I believe curiosity is an admirable thing! Good luck to you. May you always find the enlightenment you seek.

Profile photo of Lucus
    Lucus
    Participant

Ive read that April Fool’s possibly refered to those who continued to celebrate the New Year on March 25 after it was changed to January 1st. Maybe the date is symbolic of Spring, New Life and New Beginnings and not neccesarily a trick or hoax. It would sure be a kick in the pants if this was all an elaborate hoax and if it was, too what end?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register