Article Assistance

This topic contains 11 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Michael Rizzo Michael Rizzo 7 years, 10 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Mustafa Said
    Mustafa Said
    Participant

SO, I’ve begun pulling some strings with someone I know and am going to hopefully get an article about the OOA written up with the primary goal of trying to promote the upcoming ScareLA panel event. I’m also hoping I can use this as a chance to further swell up our ranks. I must advise that at this time, there is no guarantee that the article will ever see the light of day considering that the Tension Experience is a bit more extreme than what my friend is used to covering. Nonetheless, I’m powering through in the hope that if I bring forth a strong and well crafted article he’ll make an exception.

What I need from all of you are two things:

1. An answer to this question:
    “IF someone approached you and asked what the OOA Institute was offering to you, how would you explain it to that person?”

2. Permission to quote any statements that have been made regarding any experiences that you may have had with the OOA since the inception of Tension.(My Haunt Life guys, I’m looking at you!)

Thanks! I’ll hope to have something wrapped up and presented to my guy later this week.

Profile photo of Neil King
    Neil King
    Participant

Hey Mustafa,

You are more than welcome to quote any of the articles on http://www.weareindiehorror.com from me.

As for the answer to number 1. The OOA is offering me a chance to open my mind to the rest of the world with a community of like-minded individuals through puzzles and life lessons in companionship.

Best of luck on your article friend.

Profile photo of Cody
    Cody
    Participant

Hey man. I will offer up an answer to question 1.
    I feel that Neil king adequately described what I feel. If I were to add something to it however, I would say motivation to learn about yourself and also a playground where every aspect created by Tension and even the participants helps one to see things and themselves through a different perspective. A metaphor for life and possibility.

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

Your question is a tough one to answer. There are many ways you could think about it. Is the question being asked by a person who is used to thigs like this or someone who has no idea? Either way, I think a safe answer would be “a fun and interesting journey with new friends who are in the same boat.”

You are more than welcome to quote any of the My Haunt Life articles or podcasts :)

Profile photo of ReidV
    ReidV
    Participant

1. The OOA Institute offers a unique journey into mystery, paranoia, and an amazing community.
    2. Go for it, you may also use any imagery of mine if you like 😉

“IF someone approached you and asked what the OOA Institute was offering to you, how would you explain it to that person?”

The Tension Experience is an immersive experience that is part game, part theater, part something extremely hard to put a finger on. Tension does not cater to the weak… It’s themes run towards horror and the occult. You will be expected to fill out a questionnaire that is quite personal. You must be willing to receive phone calls, emails, and forum contacts from characters as well as other participants. You will be expected to make choices, many of which test your adventurous spirit or moral fortitude. Although Tension live-events occur in Los Angeles, a thriving online community exists where all are welcomed warmly.

More specifically, what does OOA offer me? Nothing anymore. I fled to join one of OOA’s adversaries: The Brotherhood of Seraph (BoS). My experience with BoS has been fruitful, thought provoking, and unique. Candidates must possess a willingness to take the path less traveled.

“Permission to quote any statements that have been made regarding any experiences that you may have had with the OOA since the inception of Tension.”

Yes, you can quote me.

Good luck Mustafa!

Profile photo of Michael Rizzo
      Michael Rizzo
      Participant

Damn Kim coming in hella clutch with that post

@rizzzoooooo Is this a good thing or a bad thing?? Teach me the language of your people.

Profile photo of Michael Rizzo
      Michael Rizzo
      Participant

Yes boo, coming in clutch is like… Hmmm, ok like a basketball game is a tie with maybe 10 seconds on the clock. It’s anyone’s game and Nash comes in clutch with that final shit to end it all… (At least in the most literal way) If that’s makes sense? Basically you came in clutch on that post because your post was legit lmao

Profile photo of Cody
    Cody
    Participant

Hella clutch = Awesome, well in Canada it does anyway. lol.
    Oh quote permissions as well Mustafa.

Profile photo of Lucus
    Lucus
    Participant

The OOA is offering to try and teach me how to play “The Master Game”

Profile photo of Lucus
    Lucus
    Participant

Clutch means awesome? I don’t know about that, if it’s anything like the clutch in my old pump truck… I think terrible is a better description. Haha.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register