Ascension Spoiler Thread

Tension brand Forums INTERACTIONS WITH THE OOA Ascension Spoiler Thread

Tagged: 

This topic contains 53 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of prufrock5150 prufrock5150 7 years, 5 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Melissa
    Melissa

Hello guys, I think it’s time to start talking about Ascension a bit more. @thecreator has put a lot of time and effort into Ascension, it only seems fitting that we talk about it, even spoiler stuff. In order not to ruin it for everyone that has yet gone to Ascension please do not put spoiler stuff in the first 350 characters of comment. Here’s an example of how your comment should start in this thread:

*SPOILER ALERT CONTAINS ASCENSION 1, 2 or both* insert a bunch of non-spoiler stuff here, it can be context to spoiler information, it can be commentary on how much you love birds, it can really be anything you want because the first 350-ish characters show up in the activity log. After that, the activity log will go into “read more”, this is where you can put spoiler information. *HERE COMES THE SPOIL* Put spoiler information here.

Late edit: probably good to specify if it’s Ascension I or Ascension II spoiler.

• This topic was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by Profile photo of Melissa Melissa. Reason: I word good
    • This topic was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by Profile photo of Melissa Melissa.
    Profile photo of Michael Rizzo
    Michael Rizzo
    Participant

Are we doing only round one Tension spoilers? Or is this thread for both rounds?

Profile photo of Melissa
      Melissa

Good question @rizzzoooooo for my spoiler I did note it contained ascension 2 stuff, hopefully that’s sufficient. This is going to be a trial-and-error and lots of Community cooperation–I hope this works!

• This reply was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by Profile photo of Melissa Melissa.
      Profile photo of Nosnevets
      Nosnevets
      Participant

I think labeling what section of spoilers is contained within is necessary and a good use of that 350 characters. I.e. I know not to read your post further down because I haven’t yet ReAscended into II yet.

What I am wondering though after noticing the length of the post mentioned, I’m wondering if you think people would be interested in full experience stories? I.e. matching up info of what happened to you vs. what happened to me in case I go back and want to mention or achieve something in a note that was given to you that I hadn’t found etc.?

Or do you think that would be overkill/too long/ boring/other negative adjective descriptors?

Profile photo of Melissa
      Melissa

Honestly, I think anything would be appreciated, some times background information is necessary to understand what the heck you went through. If it’s spoiler stuff then just don’t have that at the start of your comment.

Nosnevets
      Participant

Oh I’m thinking the most spoilerific. I’ve been writing it for a while now and have held off of posting it anywhere (wasn’t thinking of posting here but my blog). I’ve been writing “My Tension Experience” since day one, everything that I can remember, every comment, every occurrence, and thoughts of things that are probably unrelated but at the time I thought may have been. I thought I could adapt that to be just ascension I stuff (or I could post everything but that might be insane) to compare experiences and details that may help others or read others that may color in some of my things from angles that I hadn’t thought of.

Nosnevets
    Participant

Thank you. This needed to happen.

Profile photo of Melissa
    Melissa

*SPOILER ALERT AHEAD, CONTAINS ASCENSION II MATERIAL* I’m sad to report that I can’t agree with many of my fellow Ones that have been in the OOA Compound. Many here seem to celebrate @masterlock new position. Blah blah blah waiting for the character count to go to 350 characters. This is a good link to use if you have no idea how many characters you’re at. *HERE COMES THE SPOIL*

I can not let go of the fact that Addison was taken by force by the OSDM. In Ascension part 2 a man forced me to put that stuff on my activity feed about SUBMISSION. You think I would just be okay with that? Fuck no, but I was alone with a man who didn’t have any tolerance for rebellion…I asked him for his name and he yelled at me for that. When I was with Overseer in the mirror room (Ascension part 2) she said she doesn’t remember writing most of anything in the diary, let alone the new languages she picked up. How can we celebrate what she has become? She has been brainwashed! In addition, many of the handlers came to me saying they’re being held against their will but don’t worry everyone “THE HELMET HELPS”. The doctor, the taller guy that has long curly hair, told me that because of Us (the ticket buyers) the Ascension performance is being dragged out weeks on weeks.

I want to believe that the OOA is good but it’s the OSDM presence that does not sit will with me. A lot of stuff is not sitting well with me. Also, did anybody else hear the warning “HE IS COMING”. What the hell does that mean?

OOG: Holy shit I want to go to Ascension again.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by Profile photo of Melissa Melissa. Reason: wanted to add an extra detail
      Profile photo of Andrew Kasch
      Andrew Kasch
      Participant

I care about Addison/Overseer. I care about the OOA. I want to experience everything they have to offer. But I also can’t turn a blind eye to what I’m seeing.

*SPOILERS*

When I pushed about the recent BOS conversions, Addison told me she wants to unite everyone…that she needs all of us working together for what’s to come. I admire her sentiment, cause Anoch knows there’s been so much division within the community… but I also think that idealism can make you vulnerable. I fear she is rushing into something without having fully thought it through.

I also cannot shake the face of the handler I saw kill herself in front of me. It still haunts me.

Some of what I learned and saw, I will keep to myself. But I can confirm one thing with absolute certainty: The OSDM man (Samson?) has control over Addison. Maybe of everyone. And he’s someone to be feared.

Interesting how Rizzo and Born were approached by the OSDM man about staying in contact. A certain someone from my past reached out about a meeting before I went to Ascension II. Serious plans are in motion. I’m on edge wondering what it could be.

Michael Rizzo
      Participant

@kasch I agree 100% that the man with the briefcase has some kind of control over her… the same with future plans. Someone else had reached out for a meeting of sorts to me as well (however I don’t believe our two contacts to be the same)

Profile photo of Melissa
      Melissa

*SPOILER ALERT, ASCENSION II RELATED* BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH *HERE COMES THE SPOIL*

@kasch there was a Handler that was ordered by the Overseer to do the sacrifice, she killed herself right in front of us in the Sermon Hall (finale room). Now that you mention what you saw I can’t help but remember the look of complete fear on her face. It really shakes me to the core that her only way out of there was by death. She I believe was one of the handlers that spoke to me about being there essentially as a captive. Asking me about the weather and how she missed the sun.

:(

Michael Rizzo
    Participant

Ok the spoils are coming eventually when I get through the character count. I’m now going to just type *SPOILERS* over and over now ok? Ok. *SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS*SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS*SPOILERS**SPOILERS**

Ok so I’m going to have round 2 stuff in here as well I suppose, but I’ll try not to be as detailed about the round 2 stuff as I am round 1. When it came to the decision from Overseer about where I stand, I was not given a choice to make at that second. It seems most returnees were asked to make the choice right there, however I was not. She told me I was a young man and a leader and that she wanted me, but did not want me to make this choice while being there so I wouldn’t feel pressured to side with her. Her words were something as follows: “This is usually the part of the night where I ask you to leave BOS and come with me. But I am not doing that tonight…”. But from everything I saw in there,I do not believe Addison is fully in charge of the Institute as everyone believes her to be. She told me that THEY put all this info in her head, THEY made her forget. So I must call bs on anyone who believes she is embracing the Overseer title, anyone that truly believes this is what she wants. I spoke with Overseer a good amount of time in there, but I also spoke to Addy at times. Her words at one point were, “You think I want this? I don’t want this, I don’t want to hurt anyone”. And yet within five minutes of me being there she had me kneel in front of my brother who was barely breathing covered in blood telling me how weak he was. That was not Addison. People say she’s fighting the memories back, no. It’s whatever happened to her that’s fighting them back. When I brought up the email tom sent me, she wanted to know everything about it, ADDY wanted to know about her father, not overseer. And when I asked quietly if it was OSDM, she whispered “yes”. There is more that I feel must be known but I’m waiting for more info before I jump to any conclusions. I am not sure where I stand in this at the moment, but I will when I hear some info in waiting on.

One more thing, While Addison born and I were outside after it ended, a man ran up to us. The man in black with the briefcase. “Rizzo! Addison! You guys haven’t even begun to scratch the surface… I’ll be seeing you two a lot more from here on out.” And with a smile he walked away.

Profile photo of Melissa
    Melissa

Here is what happened to me in Ascension, RETURN TRIP. It’s a long read *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *HERE COMES THE SPOIL*

I’m probably missing some details, just fyi:

When I got to the parking lot I was late due to real bad traffic. I was given a waiver and told just to sign it. I hardly had time to talk to anybody before a black van pulled up. Me and one other person who I didn’t even catch her name were told to get in. Put on hood, be quiet. I was out first and greeted by the receptionist. She led me to the bathroom and said to be truthful, I’m here to just see different things or change the outcome. I told her I’m not going to lie, yes, that’s one of my hopes. She then took me out of the bathroom to the photography room. Photographer and receptionist asked me what makes me so special. Honestly, I don’t think I’m special compared to everyone else so I gave a bit of a vague answer and led back to the receptionist area. The receptionist put a hood on me and led me down several switch backs. Eventually someone came up and said “why did you come back, you shouldn’t have come back, don’t you see we’re trapped here? I’m so sorry, I’m so sorry, he’s coming”. I asked her who is coming but I got no response except “I’m so sorry” and then “kill me”. I was handed off and eventually greeted by the Overseer. She basically said I’ve been here from the start that I need to see something. So I’m hooded again and going down a hall, eventually to the Red Room. I could feel the sand and see the red through my hood but then lights turned out, door shuts. My hood was removed and the lights turned back on (red) and there was Overseer and behind her was probably the entire cast of Ascension and people I haven’t seen. I’d say there was about 60+ people, easily.

Overseer said that because of me, the people behind her would have been nameless, Ascension would have never been a thing. Basically thanked me for everything I’ve done. I was fucking stunned and speechless, choking up, jaw dropped. She then asked me why am I here and that’s when everybody said in whispered unison “why are you here”. So I told her two things: “I have a message from @mumumusings, he wanted me to tell you thank you for everything.” Then I said I wanted to be here to learn more, have additional opportunity to see things I know I missed. Overseer said that wasn’t good enough (cue everybody saying “that’s not good enough”) so I told them all that last time I was so wrapped up in my own emotions that I was not present enough to appreciate what was right in front of me, hopefully this time I’ll be stronger for them. She then put the hood back over my face and everybody left. I was then directed to the White room. Simon gave me shit, girl (who rode in the van with me) was already there getting grilled.

Simon took off my hood and continued to grill me, told me and girl to take off our clothing so we were getting questioned while in undies. I was interviewed by the oldest woman. Simon also gave me shit about back alley talk and that he knows things that I didn’t think he would honestly know. He also told me a video about me was going to Morgan tonight and it was all about me. Then I was led into an interview room adjacent to White room. I was asked by Ascender #2 girl if I thought she was attractive, etc and then to touch myself that would turn me on, oh ya I have 30 seconds. So…….ya I didn’t want to but I was told to DO IT. So…..I totally rubbed myself (over my underwear, never got turned on) until this dude with a briefcase popped in and told everyone to get out except me. He’s the one that told me to call up James and relay a message “The light is good, the light is submission”. Then he told me log onto my Tension acct and put that message about SUBMISSION onto my activity feed. I asked him what was his name and that pissed him off big time. I guess I’m not the one to be asking questions. After we got out of the masturbating office room we were led to a classroom. We were told to find the heart of the classroom and I found it almost immediately: it’s the heart in the anatomical model. Under the heart is a slip of paper that says we’ll get a private instruction on judgement from Professor Applebee. While still in our underwear we had to judge which handler was guilty of sin. Suffice to say we failed miserably (girl and I felt pity for them and said they were both innocent) but it was probably designed for failure anyhow. From the classroom we got our white jumper and led back to the white room.

In the white room I was ordered to sit at a bench, girl is just going on and on about the box in the middle of the room. Eventually the bench got filled so everyone had to sit on laps. My group was just giggling the entire time which I kinda felt for Simon, little shits shouldn’t giggle. Simon gave me shit for being a troublemaker, I talked back and said “Simon what did I DO” and he said I know exactly what I’ve done. Simon had enough of us and said “I’ve had enough, the voices in my head are RINGING” At this point girl is telling to go for the box. So we line up, I am more or less back in the line. Girl looks behind me and is just eyeing me and the box. So I told the newb behind me to just go for it but he said no, so I bolted as people were filing out and I got the cell phone out of the box. One of the interview ladies FLIPS THE FUCK OUT and says STOP STOP STOP. She immediately rats me out to Simon. Simon screams in my face and says why did I look in the box. I told him “because I wanted to know what was in it”. He then said “there is nothing in the box” and tells everyone if anybody else fucks up, we’re done. I was like ohhhh shit (and stuffing the cell phone into my bra–I was originally palming it, poorly).

From the hallway where Simon is screaming at me to red room, red room was not fun because my group was just complacent and not trying worth a damn. The plant (Trin) was sorta leading it. Needless to say I was picked to answer a question and that wasn’t fun but my response was very real and revisiting trauma. It’s amazing what that Red Room does to you. So we didn’t get out in time, got shit from professor Applebee.

So we were in the clockroom, more or less got the same monologue about time running out. Except the woman who ratted me out to Simon yanked me off the side and said “where is the phone”. I took it out from my bra and she gave me a different phone, explaining the one I have is a decoy? More clockroom monologue and eventually I was removed from clockroom to the Sacred Room. The priest told me and girl to kneel and that we would get a lesson from the Book of Anoch.

That’s when cell phone in my bra went off.

Priest was fucking PISSED. Screaming at me for having a distraction and that punishment is in order. Overseer comes in, priest rats me out to Overseer and she looks at me says “that’s fine”. She then asked me and girl if I wanna come with her, or go through the same symbolic removal of senses. We opted for the former.

So I follow Overseer to her office. She has her diary. Tell us to get our regular clothing back on. She goes into a monologue about how she doesn’t remember the words she’s written in here but they’re here and that They have rewired her brain so we knows information and new languages. I noticed several papers on her desk, I could have sworn one of them was a B.o.S written on a business card? I’m sad I didn’t look/nose around. Then she said that she knows the OOA is good but the Oracle process is not working so she’s trusting me to pick a chosen one. She leads us out and goes away. Eventually the doctor grabs us and tells us that many are here against their will and it’s people like us that are keeping them here indefinitely.

Handlers come over and basically tell us they never see the sun anymore. Asks us what do we know about this place. We asked them are they captive or free to go, they basically said they’re slaves. Before we really had a chance to get into it, Overseer comes over and says we’re going to choose the strongest. We saw behind the scenes of the wax room, told Overseer this is not enough for us to decide since only 4 people were present. One guy in there was crawling and being ridden like a horse by the wax lady. Other handlers were slapping people with knotted up cloth. I did eliminate one in the group and Overseer did seem to agree with my opinion.

We saw the Control room, one of the surveyors told Overseer who he thought was strongest but honestly I couldn’t make out who he was specifically pointing to–there are SO MANY VIDEO FEEDS.

Then we were led into the circle of chairs room and Overseer asked what one question would we ask to THREE people to determine if they’re worthy of becoming an Oracle. Girl couldn’t think of anything so I said “how about: tonight you will achieve the absolute greatest achievement ever, are you willing to lose your family and friends?” Overseer approved and selected three people. The first two said no, the last said yes. So she was picked. Overseer led us past a tub area (where one handler was bathing with another handler who appeared dead) past a woman who was lounging around in underwear, bra and mask….into a room that had an old ass video camera.

Overseer said that the person who was selected needs to say goodbye and if she doesn’t do it good enough, we need to press her to do it right. So we’re in here and in comes Trin. Trin is like “heyyy what’s up…I’m not the person you need to interview” and I was like ya I know, I saw you last time. So we were inquiring her about who stays here indefinitely, what is really going on. And she basically saying that some people in Tension take this real serious. I found a note in this room and it said not to drink anything. Beyond that I saw some stuff on the wall in wax “I am Anoch”.

So at this point girl starts shooting the shit with Trin and they were talking about other actors in here and she mentioned Darren. I was like “oh you know Darren?” and she was like “ya, I’m sorry I didn’t tell you before but I’m his wife, I’m Laura Bousman.” I think my jaw dropped to the floor.

She said something like “oh thank you for everything Melissa” and I was like what no way thank you and started babbling about how my husband James comes up with these batshit crazy awesome ideas and how hard it can be as a wife to be supportive partner with these ideas.

And she was like ya it’s been hard, goes into how the investors nearly pulled funding multiple times but at that point we were cut off and the girl who was selected comes in. Photographer guy tell us to look at the corner and he explains to this girl that she needs to say goodbye to her family just in case. The woman in the underwear is filming and asks her questions. Needless to say the girl is not giving two shits about saying a proper goodbye and Laura is like “should we say something?” and I was like, give her a minute this is probably tough to find words. Girl did a piss poor job and I didn’t say anything. The one job that Overseer told us to do and we failed at that job. Let’s face it, I failed. Laura was probably a plant to guide me and I f*ck that up.

So we were led into the big finale room. Overseer has me stand up and she says I’ve been with this from the beginning and I’ll be here until the END. I was like, what? Then she comes to me and whispers “is the chosen one the right one” and I was like, no, she doesn’t care. Overseer looks at me like I have two heads. Trin goes up there as well. One of the handlers commits suicide on stage, the Oracle process goes poorly. We were led out and as I walked out the Handler collapses to her knees and cries hysterically.

Several things I’m KICKING MYSELF FOR NOT DOING:
    -finding someway to MUTE that cellphone OR just answer it rather than standing there like a deer in headlights.
    -Being far more proactive about girl who was giving the lousy goodbye
    -Asking Overseer more questions/disobey briefcase guy
    -Not thanking the shit out of the cast in the first red room
    -Asking Simon what he meant by “the voices in my head are ringing”

Profile photo of TheBuz
    TheBuz
    Participant

SPOILER
    SPOILER
    SPOILER
    SPOILER
    SPOILER
    SPOILER
    SPOILER
    SPOILER
    SPOILER
    SPOILER
    SPOILER

SPOILER
    SPOILER
    SPOILER

SPOILER
    SPOILER
    SPOILER

Wait, I know Laura very well. She definitely wasn’t with us the first night we went. I think Trin was lying to you.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by Profile photo of TheBuz TheBuz.
      Profile photo of Melissa
      Melissa

Naw @thebuz, everything I mentioned before was my second trip to the Compound, not the first. :)

Profile photo of TheBuz
    TheBuz
    Participant

*Spoiler*
    *Spoiler*
    *Spoiler*
    *Spoiler*
    *Spoiler*
    *Spoiler*
    *Spoiler*
    *Spoiler*
    *Spoiler*
    *Spoiler*
    *Spoiler*
    *Spoiler*
    *Spoiler*
    *Spoiler*
    *Spoiler*
    *Spoiler*

It saddens me that so many here would question our Overseer. It seems many of you got a visit from OSDM where as I was embraced by The OOA and stood at the side of our Overseer, ready to do what she and Anoch asked of me. It truly was a touching moment for me.

I broke my soul for Addison, and I will continue to take whatever measures necessary to protect her and her connection to Anoch.

Of course @electrichippo ‘s sudden alliegance gave me pause, but The Overseer made it clear that she has big plans. I’m happy to participate in said plans.

*Ascension II spoiler included* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *HERE COMES THE SPOIL* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *HERE COMES THE SPOIL*

A couple things come to mind:

~My profile photo is a close up of my jumpsuit after my first visit inside The OOA. That’s the blood of Sentinel. I could have taken a picture of any part of my jumpsuit or even my hands. The blood was everywhere. I was one that witnessed him beaten to the point I thought he was dead, but it turns out he is not dead. Honestly, he might be better off dead. I don’t say this from a place of cruelty, but rather a place of compassion. I was reunited with him briefly at Ascension II. He is no longer the odd, determined, vibrant man I knew. I was asked what I thought of my fearless leader now. My answer will have to remain between me and @masterlock, at least for now.

~This may be a reckless thing to say, and so be it… The man with the briefcase possesses a phrase that can send our leader to her knees. They’ve all seen it happen. Ask around next time you’re inside.

Profile photo of Melissa
      Melissa

Notta spoiler, just commentary to the spoil:

,……………………………………………………..,……………………………………………………..,……………………………………………………..,……………………………………………………..,……………………………………………………………………………………………………………

That actually makes me even more fearful of that guy @electrichippo

Something about him just didn’t sit well me….

Profile photo of Melissa
    Melissa

As FYI @thebuz and @electrichippo if you do the spoiler thing vertically in contrast to just 3-4 lines of continuous characters your spoiler info may pop up. Makes no sense, I know, but check the acitivity log and you’ll see what I mean. :)

I also feel like I should clarify my stance (which really seems to ever change the more information I get in my _path) about Overseer. I don’t have anything against her, in fact I think she has gone through a lot and still here with us is testimony to how strong she actually is. If I was taken without my consent to an institute I probably would have found my own way out (if by death, so be it) long before anyone got into my head. With that said, am I okay about HOW she became who she is? No. But it’s all about a matter of perspective.

Another point I’ll make since I’m typing away. @electrichippo as Overseer right hand is actually a pretty smart move, Kim is a smart and strong woman and very much able to play her cards the best she can. She remains calm under otherwise stressful situation which is awesome and necessity with leadership. Yes Kim for the most part has been on faction I wasn’t excited about but the past is the past. :)

Profile photo of Andrew Kasch
    Andrew Kasch
    Participant

Since people are putting their experiences on the table, here’s what happened for me in Round 2…

*SPOILERS*
    *SPOILERS*
    *SPOILERS*
    *SPOILERS*
    *SPOILERS*
    *SPOILERS*
    *SPOILERS*
    *SPOILERS*

As soon as I walked through the doors, I was greeted by a beautiful handler…one who I had engaged with during my first time (she gave me a rose pedal and expressed incredible worry for me). She asked me why I was back and gave me a big hug. That’s when the receptionist eagerly pulled me inside and dragged me into the bathroom for more questions and intense flirtation (I occasionally saw her throughout the night, somewhere in the compound smiling at me).

Overseer appeared and hustled me past the lobby and into a back room where she gave me a speech on the importance of what she’s doing here and warned me: “Stay the fuck out of my way!”
    She led me into the processing room alone where Simon greeted me with a cheery smile. He asked me what I was doing back. I told him to experience everything the OOA has to offer…and that I was curious why Kim and the BOS were suddenly sitting at Addison’s right hand. That’s when his expression changed. He went into an epic rant about the BOS and how he was powerless to do anything about it. To put it mildly, he is NOT happy about this turn of events.
    “Did you meet Sentinel last time?” he asked me. I told him yes.
    “What did you think of him,” he asked.
    “I thought he was fucking crazy,” I said. And with that, he smiled.

I was instructed to strip in the middle of the room, and all the women at the desks formed a semi-circle around me as I took my clothes off. They began feeling me up as Simon gave a speech about the importance of paying attention and not getting distracted (what a helluva way to learn that!). I was then processed again, this time in my boxers and by the woman wearing the arm cast. A TON of sexual questions. Sean Decker, who was also there for his second time eventually came in and was given the same treatment. Eventually he was whisked into the side room and Simon screamed at the handler (the one who greeted me) to take me into the room. Decker sat at a desk and told me he had to complete my processing. I was asked a lot of other questions and instructed to face the handler and look into her eyes. She seemed desperate and in a lot of pain. I was asked if I was her type and when I said “yes,” had to tell her the sexual things I would do to her (God, that was EXTREMELY uncomfortable). Just when I couldn’t take anymore, the OSDM briefcase man (I think his name was Samson) came into the room. He forced everyone to leave but me. He pulled out a cellphone and told me to call my wife and tell her that I was going to be late tonight…and to my horror, I didn’t remember her number. I don’t remember any phone numbers anymore thanks to technology. He chewed me out on the spot (“What if there was an emergency?!?! What the fuck is wrong with you?!?!”) then pulled out a laptop and asked me to log into Facebook. That’s where I posted the “So upset…” status update that many of you have seen.

The OSDM guy led me out, through the compound (still in my boxers) and threw me into Professor Applebee’s classroom with Sean Decker (“This one couldn’t remember his wife’s phone number!”). We went through a few tests and then had to pass judgement on the two handlers for their “sins.” We failed and both handlers were punished (thinking back, I now know what the right answer was…still kicking myself over that one). We were given jumpsuits (thank God!) and sent to the clock room where that familiar scene was played out.

Afterwards, we were met outside by the two handlers who had just been punished. The one who spoke to me said, “I’m trying to figure out a way to forgive you.” I apologized profusely and she eventually gave me a consoling hug. Afterwards, we were led to the prayer room and just as the five senses were about the commence, Overseer’s voice calls out “Stop!” and she enters. Offered us the choice to proceed or come with her. We chose her and bags were place over our heads.

When the bag came off, I was standing in the red room…with damn near EVERY member of the OOA (fuuuuuuck was that terrifying). Overseer approached me and said “I understand there is a lot of concern in the community over Kim being my right hand,” she said, “I need everyone with me for what’s to come.” I won’t say what happened next, but when Overseer/Addison started telling me too much, something was used against her. I won’t divulge what is was, but I definitely have it committed to memory because it’s a very powerful thing. I was led outside to OSDM guy who said Overseer/Addison wasn’t “feeling herself lately.” After a minute of waiting, Overseer re-emerged from the room…and that’s when she gave me the behind-the-scenes tour of the Institute. I watched the various candidates go through the various rooms and trials we had previously. At one point, someone addressed Overseer/Addison differently…and she was NOT pleased (again, I won’t divulge what this was).

I wound up in Overseer’s office where we discussed her journal. I told her Tom had gotten in touch with me and wished to pass along that he misses her.
    “Do you think you know Tom? Do you think you know me?” she retorted. “You wanna save me?”
    She said she was well aware of the things that were done to her by the OOA…the helmet…the mind control… but that this was a cause she truly believed in.
    I thanked her for saving our lives from Gatekeeper 4.
    At one point she started speaking German and told me she didn’t remember how she learned the language.

When it came time to play “Inquisitor” and speak to the candidates, the question I decided to use was “Is it okay to take a human life?”
    One guy responded with, “Yes, if they were trying to kill me.” One girl said “Yes, if they were a threat to others.” I chose the girl for Ascension and when Overseer asked why, I said “Because she would do it for the good of the community. She is selfless.” Overseer was VERY pleased by that response.

I was led into the interview room, past the tubs (WTF?!?!?!) and while we were waiting for the interview to commence, the handler in the room started making strange conversation (“You know this a glorified haunted house, right?…Do you really think this is real?…Did you know the handlers sleep here at night?”). Afterwards was the Ascension ceremony, where Sean and I received a huge applause from the Institute for everything we’d done. But when the tools of salvation were given to the handler…the one who I had shared all those moments with…she turned around, looked me right in the eyes with a final desperate look, and drove the scalpel into her neck. She stared at me the entire time as she died…and that’s something that still really, truly haunts me. Needless to say, the ceremony was botched again and Overseer/Addy was so distressed as she escorted us out…

Honestly, the events of that night rattled me for days afterwards. Had trouble sleeping. It was a very, very intense evening. I came away armed with knowledge about Overseer/OSDM that I can use should things spiral out of control.

I really care for our Overseer…but I worry about what she’s capable of doing. I worry about the OSDM and what they’re doing to the OOA. I worry about the allegiances that seem to be made in haste and the conflict that is going on within our community and the OOA’s walls. And I worry about what lurks beneath this entire facade that we haven’t seen yet.

The first thing I did when I got home? Memorized my wife’s number.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by Profile photo of Andrew Kasch Andrew Kasch.
    Nosnevets
    Participant

Today I have a party. Tonight I reAscend. Tonight I go through with one of the best friends I could ever have dreamt of having. But right now all I want to get out is this.

(Ascension 1.0 Spoilers.) *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT*

I was high off of having found out I was along with all of you, the one. I was also extremely nervous having seen everyone gone through the first week and being completely silent about everything. I was extremely nervous when I stepped into that parking lot. I arrived with Tom, Susie, Michelle, and Joe. I was trying my hardest not to shake as I met the parking attendant, someone with whom I’m great friends with now. Mary was already there waiting for us as was a couple, a man, and wife, I had never met before. His name was Tom, hers was Heidi. The husband seemed to have heard about tension just the week before and dragged his wife alone who was not enthused at all. Another guy, Patrick came out of the woodwork to meet us all and we all laughed at the dumpster graffiti and flickering lights that set the mood. Maria then came thinking her time had switched to ours though that was not the case. Then a young woman trying hard to have an American accent strolled up the alley saying “This must be tension… that or you all like hanging in weird parking lots…” Her name was Brit.

Brit was from Norway and hadn’t been here long. She was very into immersive theater though and had been told this was like LAs version of Sleep No More which she had loved. After a bit of getting to know her a van pulled up and a bald man told us to line up calling our names. Brit. Derek. Susie. Brit was the first one called, and the last one counted and I was right next to her. We started chatting and filling out our forms before he ushered us to put bags on our heads and sit in the van. The van drove a few minutes and then stopped pulling someone (who I later found out was Brit) telling them to knock on the door and wait. We then heard the door slam and drove around the block. The door opens the bag was ripped from my head and I’m told to knock 3 times. I do. The secretary peeks out and smiles at me. That’s a fun sight and an even better smell. “Derek. I’ve heard so much about you, it’s great to finally meet you. We’re going to have so much fun today.” She tells me to sit and fill out the rest of my form. In fact, I believe it was something along the lines of “tsk-tsk-tsk, you didn’t finish your form… we can’t continue until that silly thing is done.” As I fill it out the professor is staring at me intently but doesn’t answer when I try to make small talk. Another participant which I can’t remember came in to do the same and sat on the other side of him.

After finishing the secretary smiled and said sweet things with a hug then showed me to the bathroom and finally to the file room. There a man took my picture, told me nothing was random and to be present. He walked toward the door and said: “You can always have an out, there is a safeword… coward.” As if that was what I was. I walked into the common room. There was a woman who didn’t seem too enthused doing a puzzle and two handlers. Immediately Brit came to me and said she had found a note asking if I thought there were more. In that moment my nervousness left me as I went into ARG mode. I told her to search for more, but put them back so others could see them as well if we point them out. I started at the snack table and made my way around the room trying to find everything. I found a note that said knock on every wall (something I wish I remembered and had done). Next, on the piano I found a note that said knock on the nearest wall to the note, they were hidden there and if they knocked back they would still be alive. I knocked. No answer. Shannon walked by, whispering in passing “don’t let them catch you knocking.”

I go through more and more notes all while Sadie hovered near me looking on the verge of tears constantly. I found a book with a small picture in it of someone I thought I recognized. A short woman, a woman I thought had been at the mixer earlier this year. I call her the chipper lady. I look up and Addison was there. The name Carlos escapes my lips and she glared. she turned and made for the door. I followed and she slammed it in my face. When I turned around Sadie was there by the book I was playing with. I asked her who the woman was and she ran off crying.

Not long later Shannon came to me again and said: “Do you know Joe?” I racked my brain thinking of in game Joes and said I didn’t think so. She clarified he had come with me in the van today. I said “Oh that Joe! Yes, he’s my friend.” She said he was her friend as well and to not leave him alone that night. So I had a mission. Sadie came over and said, “You need to use the bathroom don’t you?” I said I did and followed her. It was occupied and she said “Shit! We can do this here, be quiet. That woman from the picture… that’s my mom. I’m an actress and since I’ve come here I haven’t been back home. She’s probably worried sick. I don’t know why they have her picture, maybe she’s come for me. If you can, if you find her, tell her I’m here.” I had another mission.

At some point, I saw Tom ushered out in a black hood. I thought this is how it would be, they’ll just bag me and take me, this was before anything really got going in the common room. More clues and notes later Leonard called us all to sit and toast with him. He poured us all punch as Joe walked in. I asked Joe to come sit with me and explained I was told to stick to him like glue. He didn’t know why but I got the feeling they thought he wasn’t going to make it through the entire night. We grabbed punch and toasted. I tipped back the styrofoam cup but didn’t let the liquid touch my lips. and set the cup down. Then we played two truths and a lie. Michelle went first. Then the married man. I guessed his right off the bat and Mildred decided to join in. She said, “I’ve never paid my taxes, I’ve never killed someone out of passion, and I’ve never killed an authority member.” Then she walked away. I said “so we don’t get to guess?” to which the puzzle-woman replied, “She has dementia, she doesn’t know where she is half the time.” And Leonard remarked that he wasn’t sure if any of those were a lie.

Sadie scooped up Mary, Michelle, and me. She bagged our heads and ushered us into the locker room and I asked if Joe could come with us. Maybe I had already failed. A British man’s voice asked us questions. Mary, to my left, was asked something I forget and seemed to have given a poor answer that made him sad. Michelle on my other side was asked to name three brands of shoes. She gave answers like D&G, Prada, etc. to which she was told she was posh and he changed the question to the last three secretaries of state. She couldn’t answer one and she called her useless. He ripped the bag off my head and asked me to prove I was better than the other two. I replied that I was just a person and was no better than anyone. He smiles and said, “Come on, I know you’re amazing.” This is when I realized this was Ellis Gordon. This was also the start of me noticing how possibly sexist the OOA is. We changed into jumpsuits and were ushered into the big white room shoeless with Simon.

Simon lined us up and tore them down, by which I mean he yelled at Mary and Michelle and barely paid attention to me. I was sent to the Black woman to be questioned. She seemed very displeased with me. I sat. She didn’t want that. She made me put my shoes on and glared at me in a huff as I made her wait. She asked me all sex questions. How many partners? How many partners at once? Submissive or Dominant? Am I ashamed of anything? All the time very displeased with me unless she was telling a story of the depraved things people had told her the week before. I kind of wanted to know who the “stubby little man” last week was and what “the things he said…” were that made her smile and blush blissfully. When she was done she sent me back to the bench where Simon was screaming “CUNT” at Brit. Someone had to sit on my lap. Mary asked “How are you? What’s your name” and Simon was taken back. He said, “I haven’t been asked that in a long time… not that it matters but my name is Simon, you can call me ‘cunt’ for all you want.” I couldn’t help but mention that was my favorite word and he said “good to know.” Joe came back in the room and sat with us.

We were then made to walk out and line up in front of a door when Addison walked past and said Glory Be. I whispered Carlos but I don’t think she heard. Simon yelled at us to answer back and in unison from the group “GLORY BE” …”Addison” Mary added. Simon remarked that she may know more than most and that the clues in here required a bit of that kind of thinking. We then entered the red room. On a lampshade I found a message saying there were keys hidden in here. It made it sound like in the sand so I started combing the floor. Brit began the thing. Lining on the rocks and answering things about ourselves which two people in black face and tribal markings began to act out. We noticed the time limit and worked as fast as possible. We made it out with not much more than a second to spare.

The door opened into fog. We chose to walk to the right. There was a woman that looked dead in a hospital gown. I checked her pulse. The professor started to speak about time amongst the clocks on the wall and after a few minutes Addison checked in on us. I told Michelle to say Carlos but she said it too softly. I nearly shouted it then and her hand gripped tightly as she glared then said “THAT is in the past. DEREK.” I shut up now not knowing what else to try. They paired us up. Joe and I at the end. The make us stare deeply into each other’s eyes, make us focus on the lips, attempt to see their soul. Joe was starting to tear up and I was trying to make sure he was ok. I made it worse. He said the fog may have just been affecting his asthma. The push our heads in for a kiss andJoe pulled away. After they ushered most everyone out of the room and Joe looked at me like “Are we supposed to split?”

The professor had Mary, Heidi, and I and told us we could go forward on our own path. It may end there back in the parking lot or it may go on. OR. We could go back to the group. I told him Joe said he was fine. Fuck him. I’m going forward. All three of us did. We were taken past walls with graffiti into a classroom. We watched a movie and were told we would be tested. It was still images of Mount Rushmore and human body diagrams with subliminal messages hidden. Afterward, he made us all take a bite of an apple. I spit mine out when he wasn’t looking.

We came to an altar room with a priest and a woman with no eyes. They told us we were having our senses take. At this point, I wanted to Ascend. I wanted to be the one, I wanted to know God. I was willing to do whatever was asked of me. He squirted a burning liquid into my right eye, but not both. Why am I always half! I tilted my head trying to get it in both. The covered our eyes and Heidi asked if it could not go over her nose. She seemed fine until now, but seemed to be an issue. Mary got defensive and said “LEAVE HER ALONE SHE’S A DIABETIC” The attendant said it was no problem and accommodated. We went into the next room and were told to sit down. A man put his hand on my shoulder and said “Not you but..” so I stood up. He laughed and said “no you can sit but this next part is only for the girls.” he made them put their hands in some kind of altar before giving us a liquid to take our sense of taste away. We ate human flesh then were covered in another layer of blindfolding. Heidi complained again this time she received an “I DON’T GIVE A SHIT LADY. DO IT OR THIS IS OVER FOR YOU”

I was brought into another room bound and had my hands dipped in wax with no warning. Headphone then went over my ears. Others said they had music, tv static, or moans and screams in their ears. I had nothing. I heard people arguing behind me. “He’s supposed to go to the mirror room” “Why would I take him there that makes absolutely no sense” “can he hear us? I think he can. Look at his posture” I’m sad I didn’t react to this. I thought I’d get in trouble. I thought I wouldn’t ascend if I could hear. I was pushed in multiple directions and in what seemed like patterns. A circle. A square. A triangle. After what felt like forever I was pushed into a chair. The bag ripped off and it was too bright to see. When I formally could see Joe was standing over me with a confused expression and I knew I failed. I wouldn’t ascend because I left him alone. He unbound my wrists and I was told to take the wax off and put gloves on. We were made to put tools on a tray. He kept describing how beautiful each was and I agreed. I asked what they were used for and he slammed his fist on the table. I was told by Joe later it wasn’t my question but Shannon screaming in the next room that made him do so.

He gave us the option of who would have the responsibility to carry the tray. I didn’t care either way. Joe Told me to take it because he’s shaky and didn’t have his glasses. The Doctor said, “Remember This is the time you COULD have taken the tray.” And someone grabbed Joe and ushered him out. I was taken to an altar room to have my tray blessed by the oracle. The room had only one entrance and was pitch black. The doctor was chanting and suddenly a face appeared, a black tribal face with an ornate headdress. I thought it was different than those in the red room. As soon as it had come it had dissappeared then I stood up with the tray and turned around to see Addison. She led me to the sermon hall and instructed me on what to do. I brought the tools when asked and bowed. Brit was on stage with Tom Hite. I sat next to his wife Susie. She was making me laugh, he had ripped his pants and his boxers were showing. Addison on the microphone stopped her speech with a “RIGHT DEREK”. I’m not sure I pissed her off with the Carlos’ or if I was disrupting everything with Susie.

Brit didn’t make it. I liked her. I indirectly killed her. Tom was passed out as Sadie told us to run. This was our chance and what did I do? I said, “But there’s a second one. we have a second chance right there!” pointing at Tom. Men walked toward his passed out body then we were all made to run. So I did. Sadie was grabbed up and I ran and grabbed her. A man picked me up and tossed me one way with a “You go that way.” And it was done. Pictures and handshakes.

Profile photo of jay956
    jay956
    Participant

I went last weekend and came away feeling underwhelmed.

*SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT*

The van ride might have been cool had I not been the last person to get out. Riding around in circles feeling the same bumps again and again after standing in a parking lot for 30 minutes isn’t an exciting way to start the night. I almost dosed off in the darkness and light classical music. Good things came after that though. The receptionist and the welcoming party scenes were excellent. The two way interactions here were the highlight of the night. Everyone’s improve skills were on point. That it seemed was the last of the mutual interactions. After that everything was done at me and not with me. I didn’t understand the escape room with the naked woman in reverse black face. The woman didn’t seem to have a purpose. The rest of the night was the sensory deprivation stuff which seemed like something you would find at a elementary school’s haunted house, making kids to put their hand in a bowl of grapes and telling them it’s eyeballs.

Overall I felt comfortable or bored much of the time. Given that most people have a much more intense sounding experience I wonder if I did something wrong? Or maybe there was something I didn’t do. Should I have resisted them more in order to rile them up? I am almost considering going back just to see if it wasn’t a fluke. If I go back what should I do to have a more intense experience?

Profile photo of Mouse
      Mouse
      Participant

I had a great time on my trip and I am planning to return. That said, I know where you are coming from as I occasionally was hoping that they would turn the heat up a bit on the whole experience. I guess different people have different fear and stress tolerances so it must be difficult for the producers.

I am not sure if you can enhance your own experience by interacting with the actors a bit more. Perhaps taunt them a little to egg them on. I am really not sure of what the boundaries are. I really wouldn’t want to break the script but I do want to intensify the experience.

*SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT*

BTW – One of the girls in our group did not wear underwear and they still made her strip. I know she must have been uncomfortable because after the show she wanted to keep the Hazmat suit on. To enhance your experience you might want to forget to wear you underwear on your next visit :)

Profile photo of Liv
    Liv
    Participant

This isn’t exactly a spoiler, but it’s something I’ve been mulling over since going through Ascension for a second time so I’ll label it as one just to be safe.

*Ascension II spoiler included* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *HERE COMES THE SPOIL* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT*

I came out of ReAscension feeling like I had somehow made a terrible mistake. Part of that was my own lack of commitment, but a larger part was the inevitable path we all seem to be sent down the second time through. I kept wondering if anything I could have said or done would have changed the outcome and after thinking about it all night, I decided probably not.

Are any of you familiar with the play Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead? I’m not sure if this has been discussed before and I apologize if I’m just rehashing old conversations, but at this point I’m mostly trying to make sense of things by getting them out of my head. I think that we are all Rosencrantz and Guildenstern. We are bit players in a much larger story, interacting with the main characters and only seeing bits and pieces of the bigger picture. We have been given a vague path to follow, one of helping our friend, Hamlet/Addison, but we don’t know how to help because we are not fully aware of the problem. So we blunder around, trying to make sense of the events unfolding around us, watching actors in a play within a play dying again and again until death becomes meaningless. Then at the very end, when facing our own demise, we are left wondering if there was a moment, somewhere along this journey, that we could have just said no.

I’m sorry if that wasn’t fully coherent. It’s just a thought that I can’t seem to shake. I’ve been hearing a lot of talk, both in the forums and in Ascension, about actors and masks. Playing our parts and questioning whether someone is an actor or real. Except, that’s a false dichotomy. An actor can also be real. Of course, as Simon pointed out, how can we be sure anything is real. I can’t say I entirely agree with David Hume, but there is a part of me inclined toward epistemological skepticism.

Profile photo of Izryn
      Izryn
      Participant

If I’m remembering the concept of epistemological skepticism correctly, do you mean to say that there is no rational justification to believe that the OOA or any of its associates are real?

If that’s what you mean I’m inclined to agree with you, with some reservations. After what the Re-Re-Ascension folks have seen…

(SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER I think the character count up to here is sufficient, but just in case SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER)

…with Samson and the ODSM shutting down/resetting Overseer, their statement “see? She really believes this stuff”, and the apparently scripted interview, I don’t think anyone can provide rational justification for the existence of the OOA as we know it. However, for the participants, the OOA has made a difference in their lives, so even if it turns out Ascension or the recent events before it are all the work of the ODSM, with truth relativism we can say the OOA existed for those who thought it did.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?”

Profile photo of Liv
      Liv
      Participant

Hi @izryn! I always appreciate a good Harry Potter reference 😁

Although, I agree that there is no rational justification for believing in Ascension or Anoch, I was actually thinking how difficult it is to prove ANYTHING exists. Since we only experience the world through our own unique consciousness and said consciousness is unreliable, I can’t with any certainty claim that anything I’m experiencing right now exists in the way we commonly think of existence.

Of course, this brings us to your point of things still being real for those involved. I tend to agree. Even if I can’t prove that the apple I’m holding is real, I’m still going to eat it.

Stepping OOG for a second, I was talking to someone about how lousy I felt after my last time through and they couldn’t understand why I would care about something that had no actual consequences and is not “real”. The only answer I could give was that, although I know the scenario I was in wasn’t real, the emotions I felt were.

Profile photo of Hazel Cloud
      Hazel Cloud
      Participant

This.

Profile photo of Mouse
      Mouse
      Participant

I am real curious about what made you feel lousy? What were the emotions that you felt?

Profile photo of Liv
      Liv
      Participant

@jkomouse Along the lines of what we talked about in the DM’s. I hesitate to say much more since it is nearly all spoilers. We’ll talk more after you go through again.

Profile photo of Lawrence
    Lawrence
    Participant

11/6 — 3rd Visit — Desperation sets in. The walls are crumbling.

My 3rd visit was consistent with what others have reported with two exceptions.

1) They dragged out “Thomas Barrow” who desperately tried to convince Addison that he was her father. That was not working and Samson and OSDM Guy were REALLY UNHAPPY.

Simon threw me into the hallway outside the Red Room. Sadie — an Asian handler is a black cloak and hood — had me follow her through the complex. I passed The Butcher, who I have never encountered, and she took me into the parking lot and told me to wait.

2) Meanwhile, the 9PM group had been released and was dressing and talking and they noticed me standing there, and went DEAD QUIET and started watching. Sadie returned and stood in front of me. We had a 10-15 minute whispered conversation, during which time the van was loaded up.

Sadie told me The Suit is Samson’s boss.
    She asked who “the man” was in the White Room (Thomas).
    I tried to explain that I didn’t think this was her real father — Sabrina’s father — and this seemed to really upset her.
    This led to me to a difficult decision….
    Sabrina/Addison is starting to remember who she was.
    The others will have to remember to, at some point.

And, well, it releases a retrovirus into the OOA. A virus called The Truth.

I decided on breaking the bad news, in the most compassionate and kind way that I could.

That this whole thing is an illusion — that we are all pawns of OSDM.
    That Addison is Sabrina. That “Sadie” isn’t her real name — she’s an actress with a different name. That we are all inside a box constructed by Samson.
    There’s a world outside, and that we, The One, will take of her and the others when the walls come down.
    Because they are coming down.

That did not go over spectacularly well.
    I kinda sorta gave her a nervous breakdown….

Security Guy said firmly, “Time’s up. Get in”.
    I gave Sadie a hug, and reassured her that The One would take care of her and the others.

Got into the van. Door slammed. Silence.
    Then, in perhaps the best beat of comic timing ever, a gal asks, “Soooooo….what was that?”

I made sure not to give away anything…

• This reply was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by Profile photo of Lawrence Lawrence.
      Profile photo of Izryn
      Izryn
      Participant

Thank you for your wonderful account. As someone unable to attend Ascension due to living abroad, yours and other’s accounts let me experience it vicariously!

Now my thoughts:
      Samson and Suit being unhappy with Tom is consistent with the working hypothesis that he isn’t really Sabrina’s father. Now, what about Tom himself? Did he seem to you like a genuine, concerned father who was in danger of losing his child? Or did he seem like his only concern was convincing “Addison” alone?

Sadie says The Suit is Samson’s boss, but there’s a little bit of doubt in my mind as to whether we can take that at face value. Could it be that, just as she’s been conditioned to think Tom is “Addison’s” father, thinking that Suit is Samson’s boss is part of the conditioning? IDK, it’s a possibility.

It -would- be much simpler, though, if what Sadie says about Suit is true. Suit and Samson, ODSM members orchestrating Ascension as part of their true motives, perform the same lines about “it’s all Samson’s fault” as part of the play. Occam’s Razor and all that. But that doesn’t explain why Samson and Suit would tell us about their data-collecting plans as part of their show. So I’m confused again.

Lawrence
      Participant

I think this whole thing is a ruse, and Sabrina is at the center. She was what Samson and OSDM built the entire data collection scheme around, brainwashed all the actors to believe in the OOA, and got us to attend for and become attached to. As this falls apart, they had to pull him in to keep the ruse alive. His only concern was convincing Addison alone.

You may be right about The Suit but he was shouting at Samson so I think that is his role. I think they would say that in regards to their grand plan for one of two reasons. Either because the whole thing is, in fact, worthless and The Suit is a hothead who popped his top. Or there is yet another level for which this is all just a cover.

One last thing to highlight —

SADIE WAS AMAZING. I’m not kidding — this was a 10-12 minute scene between the two of us, and I don’t think anyone expected it to go on that long. It was cold out in the parking lot. I was in short sleeves. The van backed right up to us as it arrived, at a surprisingly high rate of speed, inches from running both of us down and neither of us flinched because WE DID NOT CARE. We were both deep into this scene. [Thank you, amazing stunt driver!] I didn’t even notice the 9PM group getting loaded into it.

The scary bearded Security Guy appeared around the side of the van. I guess I subconsciously noticed this, because I moved closer to her and our whispers got even quieter. He did not interrupt the scene. He waited for what seemed like a natural conclusion before demanding I get in.

She rolled with the improvisation as only a gifted actor (as they ALL are, truly, unbelievable) could. This was textbook improvisational work, and I could SEE and FEEL the panic set in as she realized what I was telling her. Her tears and shaking were real. I felt horrible having to break this news to her. As with every other actor in there, we’ve been privileged to be in the presence of actors who are at the top of their game at very young ages, thanks also to skillful writing and direction. I’ve sat through countless auditions for years and years, and never could have assembled a cast like this.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by Profile photo of Lawrence Lawrence.
      Profile photo of Meghan
      Meghan
      Participant

@Lawrence :

I was the one in the van with the killer comedy timing and I watched your entire scene with Sadie both from afar and also close up. I was watching through the back window and although I couldn’t hear anything, the body language was intense. There were 5 guards watching from either side of the van and when you broke away from here I could see and hear her hysterically sobbing through the glass and watched the bearded guard literally carry her away as she sobbed and thrashed around.

You aren’t kidding. The improv skills are unbelievably honed.

Lawrence
      Participant

I just saw this post. God, your timing was perfect. 5 guards??? They carried her away?? Thrashing??

Ooopsie…

I had no sense of time. It felt like 10-12 minutes?

Profile photo of Kevin
    Kevin
    Participant

Had a question about the jumpsuits for anyone that’s been through a second time. Minor spoilers for Ascension 2, but I’ll mark it just in case.

Went back for a second time on Saturday night and there was one other guy in the group on his second time too. Neither of us were given jumpsuits at any point after we stripped down to our boxers. We went all the way through processing, the Red Room, the clock room, waiting around for the altar room to open up, and the altar room like that. When Addison pulled us out before the ritual, she gave us our clothes back and had us get dressed. Has anyone else gone through and not received a jumpsuit?

Also, a tip for anyone going through their second time. Wear some fun (modest) underwear! The pair of boxers I had on elicited some reactions from the handlers and processing ladies when they surrounded me while Simon was talking to me in the White Room.

By any large, it seems that jumpsuits are only worn by people going through on their second run-through either very briefly or not at all.

Jumpsuits seem to be mostly for the first timers

Profile photo of Crystal
      Crystal
      Participant

This is pretty common for a second visit. I think they didn’t realize (minus Mary Lynn, she always knows what’s up) that I was in for my second time until I told Simon, and by then I was jumpsuitted and @aporetic had already been walked around in his chonies.

I feel for the OOA that no one got to see my goodies on parade, but them’s the breaks…

Profile photo of Dan
      Dan
      Participant

I was in my underwear for a much longer time in round 2. But I did eventually get a jumpsuit. The funny thing is, it was also my friend’s first time and he didn’t know I’d already been once. Addison/Overseer/Sabrina made him go completely nude.

Profile photo of Liv
      Liv
      Participant

That’s something I’ve been wondering about. When we went through a second time we were both in our underwear for the first half, then briefly given jumpsuits and then given our clothes for the remainder of the time. Why bother giving us the jumpsuits at all at that point? It also doesn’t seem like they always do, so how do they decide? Maybe it’s a logistical thing, like there literally aren’t enough clean jumpsuits available at the time you’re going through?

Michael Rizzo
      Participant

I had figured that we were given the jumpsuits incase we decide to stay in the flower room instead of joining Sabrina? When you’re in there she asks if you want to come with her or stay and do the same.

Hazel Cloud
      Participant

Hahahaha.

No- I would not like to do that awesome thing.
      I would like to do this thing I’ve already done.

Who in their right minds?? lol

Michael Rizzo
      Participant

Lmaoooo
      But right tho!

Profile photo of skathic
    skathic
    Participant

I was paraded around in my bra & underwear on my second visit – through the white room, into the side room with another guy who was there for his second time, through my conversation with Samson. Simon even commented on my underwear – I pretty much always wear a thong, so that’s what I was wearing. The interview ladies all crowded around me (just like @kasch mentioned above) and were checking out my tattoos, snapping my bra strap, etc. I was finally given a jumpsuit in the classroom with Professor Applebee.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by Profile photo of skathic skathic.
    Profile photo of prufrock5150
    prufrock5150
    Participant

Well, it looks like that time has come, eh? Time to bare it all and just share our entire experiences? I’ll try to stay on topic, and I guess we might want to still honor the “spoiler” tradition for those sorting among the ashes, trying to concoct some sense of linearity of it all, and who do not wish to receive their information out of order (sic). Of course, the amount of time (space, rather) that it took to write that is almost certainly equivalent to having written “*SPOILER*” a bunch of times, so I guess I can just continue in the next block-paragraph…

I’ve been trying to figure it all out, how my experience in Ascension and Re-Ascension differed from others, and the degree to which my perspective is unique, and contribute what is necessary. As such, I will only point out here the bizarre and harrowing experience during my Re-Ascension, one of which may have been noticed and just not mentioned by others (or mentioned in a manner that escaped my awareness), and the other of which I have not yet heard mentioned by anyone else, and which I genuinely fear to even mention… but I believe I was told to bear witness.

First, the issue of time: Do you all remember the recruitment video playing in the corner (I’d say which, but I can barely even reckon my cardinal directions outside buildings, much less *that* one) of the Processing Room? It looks old, right? Like maybe a reel-to-reel you might be shown in 7th-grade Science class, if you happened to be raised in a town run by an occult organization (I mean, like more than every town is…)? Well, I didn’t get a chance to see it the first time, because they were pushing me through processing pretty hard before having me interview my own wife of 15 years and asking her to touch herself in front of me, telling her to pretend I was her father (they *do* know us, don’t they?), and then having me ask her to tell me what she’d say to me if I was laying dead on the table (protip: I don’t *actually* think she’d kill herself after my death, but it’s still hard to hear), and then having Samson blast through the door as she was about to duct-tape my scraggly face-hair all sorts of askance and separating us until the clock room, when they did a fantastic job of having us face our inevitable mortality. But I digress… that video *did* have a date, and being one of those obsessives who reads everything, I noticed it read © MCMLXXIII (I think – the numbers after the decade may be off by one or two, but that first part is definitely it). This would be the 1970s (1973, to be exact, if my memory serves). This seemed about fitting for the style, and the fact that the logo had that weird double-coffin-looking thing around the slightly different symbol, which was the one introduced during the early days when GK V was running the show… until I saw Addison. She was speaking to the camera, explaining some aspect of the Order, and wearing a creme-colored dress, and she looked basically exactly like the Addison/Sabrina/Overseer that we’ve known throughout our recent time. I suppose I should say I don’t really know that it *was* her – I mean, she didn’t say “Hi, I’m Addison – so you’ve decided to join the OOA?” or anything, but it was so obviously her likeness that I had to pause, sit up, and whisper to my benchmates “This is from 1973… did they clone her?!” I legitimately don’t know what to make of this, and the fact that it appears to have gone unnoticed up to this point gives me pause.

Now, for the absurd part: After Overseer had us select our candidate for Ascension, and we were led to the “Farewell Room,” where they are to record their final message to their loved ones, we spoke with the actor who was playing he who dies that evening, who was called by three distinct names that evening: He introduced himself in the parking lot as Taylor, but then someone called him Tylor, and then he called himself Nick. Either way, it was not by his name that I knew he was “the plant…” it was because he asked me if I remembered him. He explained that he was the one from the changing room during my first Ascension. I suddenly recalled his eyes, and his dour expression as he had me repeat the following phrase: “Ego is the distraction.” Nothing is random, indeed. Here I was, now reminding him of the same, as he explained that he could not further stomach the abuses of the secret activities behind the scenes, and he was “just done… out.” Apparently, this seemed to be an exit strategy for him, but before I could press him for details, the door opened, and a massive shadow wearing a white mask with the OOA logo burst into the room, waving his hands and intoning “Spooky, spooky, spooky, boo-boo-boo!” before ripping off the mask and chuckling kindly. “Have you figured it out yet? Do you know what’s going on here?” His teeth flashed from a gentle fourth-wall reassurance to a slanted threat in an instant. “You come back because you want to know how it works, huh? Well, there are some things you have to accept.” He reached slowly up toward his left eye. “A lot of people get confused in this experience. You see, you might have a skewed perspective…” He continued nonchalantly digging with his index finger and pulling open his ocular cavity. “…There are things you’re not really supposed to know…” He plucked out the eyeball and set it on the blank paper he was holding, and his mouth became a wild grimace of raw energy: “And maybe you need to BACK THE FUCK OFF!” I cannot convey the impact of this yell. I felt myself jump, and my mouth go agape, and he regained his composure before putting his eye back in. It was indistinguishable as fake. “So, you should just stop asking questions, and, you know… see things right.” He left the room and shut the door. Before any of us could identify him or even begin to make sense of it outside of the dread that built up from this interaction, Miles led in the candidate and Nick took his place in the corner of the room.

Should I even be saying this, though? Was this a warning I was meant to share with others? I remember being told to “bear witness,” but I don’t remember by exactly whom, or when. Hell, for that matter I have trouble trying to place a lot of what happened into linear order, and I’ve been talking to others who have the same trouble… I remember Samson saying something to me, but I couldn’t tell you for the life of me what he said…

I do remember, though, as Nick/Tyler/Taylor was led into his throne of Ascension (which I can only hope was a successful escape for him), he pointed at us – directly – and mouthed the words “They’re using you…” several times until they threw the cloak over his head.

So, here I am, yet again ready to enter into the arms of uncertainty that represent this experience, and I suppose my only comfort is in knowing that the words live on in the eyes of you who read this, whatever may happen…

Glory

Be

@prufrock5150 I thought you might like to see this from Sunday. If my eyes aren’t deceiving me, I believe this is confirmation on MCMLXXII.

OOA Processing Office Video Pic

Profile photo of prufrock5150
      prufrock5150
      Participant

Thank you! These threads we gather keep revealing entanglements of increasing complexity…

Profile photo of Haley
    Haley
    Participant

I went during the very final time last night (11/12 at 11:00pm) and it sounds like our finale room was much different from the ones I’ve read. Just wondering if it’s because it was the last night and possibly their leading into something? *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* in the finale room, during the “sacrifice” the very scared looking girl, I believe someone said her name was Susan?, was told to perform the act of removing the senses but got too scared and couldn’t do it, another attendant killed her. Then after it was performed Addison said that we had ascended and much rejoicing occurred! Then, suddenly Addison broke down screaming at us all to stop and to shut up and she began crying and asked everyone what they were doing and seemed to slip back into her old self and was very concerned. A woman with dark hair wearing I believe a white tank top with a black cardigan and dark jeans told the attendants to take her away and so they did while Addison was screaming and crying. And then they told us to run and leave. I’m not sure if anyone else witnessed that in their finale, but I thought it was interesting that I hadn’t read anyone else saying that ending.

Profile photo of Haley
      Haley
      Participant

I will add that the woman who told the attendants to take Addison away resembled gatekeeper 4 with looks and actions

Profile photo of creepsociety
      creepsociety
      Participant

🤔🤔🤔

I love four 😍😍😍

Profile photo of Izryn
      Izryn
      Participant

Might that woman be Michelle?

Some thoughts on the old recruitment video. Maybe the reason why the “OOA” targets young actresses, and why they ultimately picked Sabrina, is to find a suitable vessel for Addison’s personality. If the Addison in the video was the original, maybe all of this is a reenactment of events that occurred in the 70s. If this is the case, it makes sense for the ODSM to be upset whenever Sabrina remembered, since the reenactment wouldn’t be accurate to the original events.

Profile photo of Haley
      Haley
      Participant

Possibly, I’m not very familiar with what anyone looks like except the main characters. Is there a resource I could look at to see everyone’s pictures with names? I only mentioned gatekeeper 4 because their appearance is similar and that’s who my mind jumped to when I saw her.

Profile photo of Sadako
      Sadako
      Participant

@haleywilde – Michelle is relatively new. I met her for the first time on Friday. Check the last 90 seconds of my periscope:

https://www.periscope.tv/JulieRei/1OyKAOdggVNJb?

Profile photo of Haley
      Haley
      Participant

YES! that was her.. there was a lot going on so I didn’t get a great look but that was definitely her

Hazel Cloud
    Participant

What are we supposed to do now?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register