Completely new to this, let's begin!

Tension brand Forums NEW ASPIRANTS, Begin Here Completely new to this, let's begin!

Tagged: , , , ,

This topic contains 43 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Kane Kane 7 years, 9 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Pryjda
    Pryjda
    Participant

Well this is both my first ARG and first time on this forum. Simply put, I don’t know where to begin. All I gather is something about the number 5, the five senses (5 again), and III. (Who simply intrigues me by the way) so any and all help would be welcomed. As it currently stands I am working together with a close friend on this (the ARG in general). I’m excited, she seems less so. But enough about that. What’s my job. Whats happening here. And how well can you psychoanalyze me?

-Pryjda

P.s. I also noticed the phrase “glory be” used quite often, sooo glory be!

Profile photo of 2muchflak
    2muchflak
    Participant

I’m new as well and noticed a few things such as that. Currently looking into the source code of the site as well some other posts (a lot of them to go through). Best of luck to you mate!

• This reply was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by Profile photo of 2muchflak 2muchflak.
    Profile photo of Addison Born
    Addison Born
    Participant

Welcome both of you! Do not hesitate to reach out to the community if you have any questions – new perspectives open new theories, and we’ve been told time and time again that this experience is entirely what we make of it. The new Timeline in the top bar is a great resource as well, a “Previously on The Tension Experience” of sorts, hits a lot of very important bullet points from the past few months.

2muchflak
    Participant

Thanks Addison. I’m just sitting through the site at the moment. The timeline section is most interesting although I would be lying if I said I had the whole picture yet.

Thereafter there seems to be some valuable information in the videos I plan to sort through and examine.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by Profile photo of 2muchflak 2muchflak.
    Profile photo of Pryjda
    Pryjda
    Participant

Thanks to both of you, this is gonna be a lot of work. Hope its fun!

2muchflak
    Participant

What do you mean by “open new theories”, Addison?

Profile photo of 111_error
      111_error
      Participant

It didn’t seem like a cryptic comment? Just that new minds sometimes connect dots we might otherwise have missed.

Profile photo of AH-lay
      AH-lay
      Participant

No theory is too crazy in here 😊

Profile photo of 111_error
      111_error
      Participant

Hang around a bit longer, we’ll check back in with you on that statement in a few weeks.. XD

Profile photo of AH-lay
      AH-lay
      Participant

Hehehe

Profile photo of Addison Born
      Addison Born
      Participant

I can’t believe nobody bit on my “The OOA is actually made out of half human / half dog beings controlled by AI” theory. WAKE UP SHEEPLE

2muchflak
    Participant

Roger that.

2muchflak
      Participant

It always comes down to AI overlords.

Profile photo of prufrock5150
      prufrock5150
      Participant

Profile photo of Susie J
      Susie J
      Participant

The reason I’m currently feeding a Shiba inu bbq ramen cubes, ladies and gentlemen!

Profile photo of russ73
    russ73
    Participant

Hi everyone.

2muchflak
    Participant

So. I’m not so sure what to do now. The survey, for sure was ,pretty personal, but I bared my demons. However I felt like the next step was to drop the pants and cough or bend over just to hear the snap of a latex glove.

Profile photo of Susie J
      Susie J
      Participant

That sounds fun. 😁

Profile photo of AH-lay
      AH-lay
      Participant

Immerse yourself as much as possible, read all the articles, read the past forum posts, listen to the podcasts (I recommend listening to @reaton‘s and @mike‘s My Haunt life) explore and take in everything.

2muchflak
    Participant

OK I have done half of that and I’m trying to figure out my place in all of that, but I have more material to go through and Susie J -lolz. Nice.

Profile photo of AH-lay
      AH-lay
      Participant

From a newbie here myself (for a week), you’ll be caught up in no time :)

2muchflak
      Participant

That’s reassuring. Still cryptic, but I suppose that’s a necessary evil in regards to newcomers. Look forward to researching more.

Profile photo of Susie J
      Susie J
      Participant

Also, ask questions and weigh in. We are generally open and helpful. Or are smart asses. =P

2muchflak
    Participant

OK question: why am I here?

Profile photo of Susie J
      Susie J
      Participant

Here in the forum? Because it’s highly encouraged to engage with your fellow Aspirants. In the mill of our toothy minds, the dense and fibrous puzzles of the Tension Experience… Yield moderate data.

Why are you here participating in the Tension Experience? I’m guessing statistically that you are curious. Perhaps you like haunts, immersive theater, mysteries and/or ARGs. Here is the locus, the magnum opus, the squishy sweet spot in the Venn diagram of those interests. Here you have a sometimes frightening level of interaction with the OOA. People here have been followed, called, given missions and inspired to preach the word, recruit and create.

Way back in the early days of the forum we were asked to answer your very question. I believe my answer fell along the lines of the feeling I’ve never really belonged and fortuitously enough, me, an only child, a stranger in a strange land, I found my Brothers and Sisters who I truly love and cherish as kindred spirits.

Broadly….. We were tantalized with the idea of enlightenment. And while I’ve been striving to follow the _path since March or so, I can’t honestly say I know what is going on. I love it though.

Profile photo of Amie
    Amie
    Participant

I feel like you should be asking yourself that question. 😉

2muchflak
      Participant

Excellent answer and well worded. That is what is was looking for.

2muchflak
    Participant

I’m here because I am intrigued and looking for different ways to perceive things. Albeit through online or physical collaboration. The site and basis for it is intriguing to me as a creative director, but also as a human looking for change within themselves.

Sorry, my question was baiting.

Profile photo of Amie
      Amie
      Participant

No apologies necessary! I was just giving you a little tease. I think all your reasons are perfect. We all came here looking for something. It’s been amazing so far!

2muchflak
    Participant

No I was totally baiting. Sorry far things are starting to come together but maybe I’m daft as to not be putting all the pieces together. I am enjoying the conversation, though.

Profile photo of Susie J
      Susie J
      Participant

It’s like being at the beach for me. I don’t swim. But I like to stand where the waves break and wiggle my feet down into the sand and let the foam fizz around my legs. The sheer abundance of information here compounded by daily activity can be boggling, but you know, if you find a nice spot to dig in and work from there, it’s a lot of fun. And no sand in your butt.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by Profile photo of Susie J Susie J. Reason: Autocorrect makes me look dumb
      2muchflak
      Participant

Are you a writer?

Profile photo of Susie J
      Susie J
      Participant

Me? Nope. Just your average goofball. ^__^

2muchflak
      Participant

Try it one day. You’re good at it. I have two under my belt. Books that is.

Profile photo of Susie J
      Susie J
      Participant

Well thank you! Mayhap I might, but the hungry, hungry hippo of wage slavery is a voracious beast and things I want to do always seem to get put to the side. =[

What kind of books have you authored, if I might ask?

Profile photo of Amie
    Amie
    Participant

There is quite a bit to catch up on but I’m sure you’ll get there quickly! The timeline they posted today is very good too for playing catch up with the storyline.

2muchflak
    Participant

Read it all. Amazing stuff. Had to go throw on some Skinny Puppy my britches were in a bunch. (Sorry Irish Canadian accent and saying there)

I plan to go through the videos tomorrow.

Profile photo of Amie
      Amie
      Participant

I personally LOVE the videos! So much fun!

2muchflak
    Participant

Can I even be a part of this? I’m in Toronto Canada.

Profile photo of Amie
      Amie
      Participant

You can! You aren’t the only one outside of the United States that is currently participating.

Profile photo of Cody
      Cody
      Participant

I’m from Alberta man!

Profile photo of Blondie
      Blondie
      Participant

Hey hey, I’m from the UK and even tho I haven’t had any direct interaction (yet), I’m just enjoying the ride :-)

Profile photo of Kane
    Kane
    Participant

The scope here is interesting … I was thinking the whole experience would be LA-centric, but if the reach is actually global, that would be cool.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register