Confess

This topic contains 20 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of NickPettigrew NickPettigrew 7 years, 11 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Erin
    Erin
    Participant

Aspirants of Initiation were sent the letter found here
    We were asked to confess why we seek enlightenment, perhaps we can discuss this for them here?

Profile photo of Erin
    Erin
    Participant

I’ll start with a quote;
    “It is paradoxical, yet true, to say, that the more we know, the more ignorant we become in the absolute sense, for it is only through enlightenment that we become conscious of our limitations. Precisely one of the most gratifying results of intellectual evolution is the continuous opening up of new and greater prospects. Nikola Tesla”

I seek enlightenment because I reject the “enlightenment” we’ve been fed. We’re given access to devices that can, at will, access almost all facts available to humanity, and an almost limitless supply of content and products that will “make our lives better”.

But despite all of these tools, we’re told what to know… certain rumors, who’s dating who or who said what about someone else on which social media platform. We’re told what we should buy, who we should love, what we should want, and what “perfect” life we should all be seeking.

We’ve been given all the tools that we’d ever need to educate ourselves and prepare ourselves for the life that someone else decided for us. We exist in an environment that is perfectly tailored for an existence that someone else told us should make us happy.

I seek enlightenment because I reject the notion that we are only what others tell us we are.

Profile photo of Neil King
    Neil King
    Participant

I seek enlightenment out of fear for the rest of humanity. With the constant blast of media and political news being lies or truth, I seek an escape from this world of fear and hate. Conversation is about thoughts and ideas not people and rumors. Enlighten our minds and open our eyes to the world we seek. Enlightenment for me is to open my mind to the world around me without distraction of rumors and media.

Profile photo of Susie J
    Susie J
    Participant

I chafe in quiet and complacency. The existence that draws us from home box to work box to casual entertainment boxes is sawdust in my mouth. From time to time I see others with the same haunted hunger in their eyes and for a time we keep company. Rarely I see people with a gleam in their eyes and a peace in their expression that shines like a beacon over the plebeian mire. I want to know what they know, I want to think of exultation as a state of being instead of a word. I want to live in the Storm regardless of comfort or conventionality because I don’t belong where I’ve found myself until now.

Profile photo of Erin
    Erin
    Participant

To admit you don’t know everything is the first step on the road to wisdom. Ignorance has always been the weapon of tyrants; enlightenment the salvation of the free.

Profile photo of Andrew Kasch
    Andrew Kasch
    Participant

I seek enlightenment so that I can finally be free of a society of charlatans. We are all prisoners of a system that has been established on fraud. They have programmed our brains since birth, telling us what to believe and what is important. I grow weary of feeding the machine and wish to break all my bonds – no matter how hard the journey may be.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 1 month ago by Profile photo of Andrew Kasch Andrew Kasch.
    Profile photo of Steve
    Steve
    Participant

I seek enlightenment because knowledge is the ultimate reward we can attain. So long truths have been hidden from us. But no longer. The OOA will shine a furious light on these truths. And we shall bask in it’s glory.

Also, I have too much free time. Plus…. Everybody needs some sort of cause. Why not this?

Profile photo of Mary Pavlovsky
    Mary Pavlovsky
    Participant

I just want to know the truth of it all and to be part of spreading that around. I really hope that this reality we all seek is something beautiful.

Profile photo of Daela
    Daela
    Participant

I long to be fully alive.

Profile photo of Lukas L
    Lukas L
    Participant

I seek Enlightenment because I am running out of truths to believe in.

Profile photo of Kevin D.
    Kevin D.
    Participant

Because I can.

Profile photo of Iris Halliwell
    Iris Halliwell
    Participant

I seek enlightenment because my entire life has been a slow realization that this world is not for me, and that for whatever reason, I have never been happy and honest at the same time. I do not want to believe this is because happiness in itself is a lie. I think that for me to experience happiness while in the ambiance of the nefarious nature of human beings and the sickening social constructs they have created, I had to shut myself off from everything around me, almost pretending it didn’t exist. But this is incredibly isolating, not to mention unsustainable. So rather than shut myself off from it to maintain a falsified happiness, I need to rise above it to achieve enlightenment.

“Last night I lost the world, and gained the universe.”

I know enlightenment is a destructive process. It is essentially the degradation of every untruth we cling to, the discomfort of shattering every facade that keeps us safe. But God, it has to be better than the empty happiness that lies provide.

-Veritas Lux Mea-

Profile photo of CharlieD
    CharlieD
    Participant

“Hell is empty and the devils are here.”

Profile photo of Cody
    Cody
    Participant

Wow. The awesomeness of the frequency that we are all in resonance with overwhelms me. Talk about Tension striking the tuning fork of my every hearts beat…. and all of yours as well it seems.
    This is starting to feel Year Zero Projectish. hah.

“My answer the their question was as follows sent to ….@theooainstitute.c

April 28,2016 1:08am (GMT)

I was instructed that you Need to “hear” from me within 48 hours. 

I try follow instructions to the letter and as this is an E-mail it would be most difficult to hear me through this platform unless I were to record and attach an audio file.

I say, what’s the fun in that?  

I intend to call The OOA tomorrow at 1-4.4-3.6-….(edited)  to answer the question directly. I do however wish to ensure that at least some type of reply is received before the 48 hours is up so if there is no answer I will leave messages on the help and omega lines to help ensure It finds its way in time. 

I  was asked why I had signed up to be a part of the OOA when I have no idea who , and what you are. 

Simple. 

I Wish to bring darkness into the light and unite with like minded individuals whom walk the same path.
    I wish to cage the evils and spread light amongst the shadows. I walk a path that seeks enlightenment, but I know that only comes from within.
     I am simply following my intuition.  The Institute, while seeming shrouded in darkness, conveys messages that to me, seem to be anything but dark. They are of a sound logical nature and also points out the stagnant decay of our modern societies. There are lessons to be learned all throughout life and I welcome anything that excites the will to learn.  Perhaps the Institute is a sheep in wolves clothing. Shrouded in darkness but containing a brilliant light. I have not been asked to do anything unreasonable and as of this point, I see no reason to not satisfy my curiosities and test my intuition.
     Do not mistake openness for blind faith. Only a fool devotes to that which he does not understand. I read the terms of service the privacy policy and filled out my questionnaire knowing full well that it contains many questions that could help the Institute determine the types of people they are dealing with ( profile us psychologically )  and had no reservations as I feel that I have nothing to hide and that there is obviously good reasons for the OOA to take these precautions.   At this point in time I await a more elabloative insight into the OOA and hope to see a great many lights streak across the darkness amongst the sea of consciousness,  as a result of the OOA and their work.

People see what they want to see.
     I see light in the dark. 
    Sincerely and in light,
    Cody of the family …… . 

Strange Now as I scroll up and see that this is an old thread…. I am not sure how I haven’t seen this before today.

Profile photo of Joe
    Joe
    Participant

I always want to know more about everything. I always want to be the best. An organization like the OOA seems perfect for me.

Profile photo of Erin
    Erin
    Participant

Thank you for your responses so far everyone. Hopefully new comers will continue to find this thread, the OOA has made it clear they listen.

Profile photo of explodingtulips
    explodingtulips
    Participant

Life is such an overwhelming concept. We’re just here and we all have completely different and sometimes intersecting lives and it’s hard to think where I fit in all of it..if at all. I want to feel secure in my significance..or even insignificance. But I just want to feel at peace with whatever it is. I need something to believe in. I gave up on God a long time ago but I think there’s something bigger out there that we can’t even comprehend. That bigger thing might be the OOA

Profile photo of 111_error
    111_error
    Participant

We are machines, attuned to find answers to the questions that surround us. There are always answers that elude us, or questions we do not understand, so the most common resting state of a human is either bewilderment or annoyance.

That, and fate, drew me here.

Profile photo of Dlimer
    Dlimer
    Participant

I seek enlightenment to find who I really am. Not the flesh that keeps me trapped and allows time to drag me through spatial differences. The me that transcends all desires and is. The me that I know as me now is tired of the slavery to everything else.

Profile photo of NickPettigrew
    NickPettigrew
    Participant

You all are so wonderfully poetic in your confessions. I seek enlightenment because I am discontented with my reality, but I don’t have the knowledge to change it.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register