Does This Work Outside of LA?

Tension brand Forums NEW ASPIRANTS, Begin Here Does This Work Outside of LA?

This topic contains 12 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 7 years, 9 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Yes The S
    Yes The S
    Participant

I’m from the midwest and I joined mostly out of curiosity to see if the experience for me would be the same outside of Los Angeles, which seems to be the base of operations for all of this.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Hi @ssquared – I’m also in the midwest (Minnesota) and you can absolutely still participate but the experience isn’t quite the same. I’ve been heavily involved since April to the extent that I can be, and I’ve gone out to LA and experienced some things first hand which was awesome. The rest I’ve experienced online and through phone calls, and just by forming relationships and community with everyone here. Another midwest player had a dead drop occur near his town which was fantastic but I don’t think that’s the norm. The actual events so far all have taken place in LA. I’ll be flying back out there in September for Ascension, the big ticketed event. None of that is to say that you shouldn’t do it – I’ve enjoyed the HELL out of this and I encourage everyone who is interested to get involved! And none of us know where things are going to go next.

Yes The S
    Participant

Hi @coryphella. I’m from Indiana myself, so it’s good to know that I can at least get SOME of the experience. If I didn’t have to worry about student loans and the like I’d totally go out to LA and see what the live events are like for myself. Right now, I’ll have to settle in and see if The Tension Experience can mind paranoia and thrills out of the cornfields and cul-de-sacs in my life.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by Profile photo of Yes The S Yes The S.
    • This reply was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by Profile photo of Yes The S Yes The S.
    Profile photo of Freedom's Flame
    Freedom’s Flame
    Participant

I live in Idaho and have yet to have any direct interaction, but the Periscopes, puzzles, and forums alone have given me plenty of distraction. However, due to the pretty major events that are unfolding currently, the focus is definitely going to be on the in-person events and major players who have been participating for a long time. There is also the membership increase lately caused by more articles being released about Tension to consider. Just remember, as your letter states, “You only get what you put in.”

Yes The S
    Participant

@freedomsflame I don’t expect to have quite as awesome an experience as some of the people who have written articles, but if this can fill an hour or two a day and excite me in a way that’s more immediate than a television show, I’ll be happy.

Profile photo of Chris424
    Chris424
    Participant

Im from virginia and havent gotten any calls or anything. Just solved the puzzles and stuff

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I’m from Ohio, I’ve received what we presume to be a phone call from them saying they were coming.(No one has arrived yet)

Profile photo of Blondie
    Blondie
    Participant

I’m from the UK and I got a call… But I’m just enjoying the ride and making some amazing friends along the way :-)

Profile photo of AH-lay
    AH-lay
    Participant

I live in Arizona, and it wasn’t until I invested time in the forums and followed the different social networks that I got two calls.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by Profile photo of AH-lay AH-lay.
      Profile photo of Blondie
      Blondie
      Participant

Ale is right. We started at the same time, totally threw ourselves in without expecting anything in return and we got calls so…

Profile photo of Freedom's Flame
      Freedom’s Flame
      Participant

I started around the same time as Blondie and Ale, but I’m more… reserved. I’ll join the discussion about plot events, but I don’t really throw myself into the community as much- and it shows. I’m typically a very private individual, and I extend that into my experience here with Tension.

Profile photo of Mustafa Said
    Mustafa Said
    Participant

I’m in Kansas myself and I had a personal live event happen to me.

I would recommend to be active as possible. Talk, make friends. If the OOA want to reach out to you, they’ll find a way to do so.

Profile photo of
      Anonymous

Basically this.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register