END GAME

Tagged: 

This topic contains 31 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Hazel Cloud Hazel Cloud 7 years, 5 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Hazel Cloud
    Hazel Cloud
    Participant

If the interactions between recruits and the organization have ceased post initiation, what is the point of joining? Are there still ways to “ascend”?

I’m afraid you’re misunderstanding the point of the phases. Ascension is now and always was the point of Tension. You can go into it knowing nothing about Indoctrination, having had no interaction with anyone or anything and you can have a full experience.

Indoctrination was a way for us to find out background information. Who is Addison. Why do we care for her. Who are the Gatekeepers. Who is Anoch. We toiled to find these answers and it made our Ascensions make more sense for knowing this information that others would consider background information.

If you do not know any of this you would likely not even notice that you’re missing anything. Ascension does not require Indoctrination even in the slightest. It was only an optional introduction.

Hazel Cloud
    Participant

I’m not misunderstanding. I’m saying that without it’s premise, this is just like any other haunted house.

Hazel Cloud
    Participant

I picked this event because of the cult aura. I want to participate in something, not just be unnerved. I can be “scared” anywhere…. I want it to be deeper… but it seems that I’ve missed out.

Profile photo of Taylor
    Taylor
    Participant

Hazel, I can promise this is very different from any other haunted house. The amount of personal interaction and immersion that is experienced in Ascension is unparalleled. I love immersive theater and I was blown away by the acting, the interactions, and the set design.

If you want backstory, the forums are littered with theories, discussions, and stories. But as Sean stated, you can attend Ascension knowing nothing of the backstory and still fully enjoy it.

I suppose that’s one way to look at it, if you’re viewing the Indoctrination phase as the only thing worthwhile here, a statement that, having gone through both, I can say with some certainty it is incorrect. Indoctrination was fun. It was a good lead in to Ascension. It was also nearly a standalone. The two were linked but one was not required to enjoy the other.

“Any other haunted house” implies a certain level of normalcy, doesn’t it? Moving along a path with a group of other people while spooky skeletons and scary men in masks jump out at you before quietly returning to the dark corners they emerged from while you move to the next place and they repeat the process for the next.

Ascension is not that. People interact with you personally. They use things from your life. Make references to fears you have, either because you said them or they found information about you that you didn’t expect them to have. You engage with members of the OOA in ways that no “normal Haunted House” would ever. You don’t need to have the background information that Indoctrination provided in order to appreciate these. Being immersed comes not from having the background option. While it helps, being immersed will come because Ascension is an event that you are going through. That is happening to and with you, rather than something spooky that you’re viewing on a predetermined path.

The event itself is unique. It is nothing like a normal haunted house. It is an immersive experience on its own.

Hazel Cloud
    Participant

• This reply was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by Profile photo of Hazel Cloud Hazel Cloud.

I have so many things that I want to tell you and reassure you about but cannot until you are done.

For now, please just take it on faith. They so far only asked you one question. That’s a small price to pay, no? You so far seem to (rightfully) want all the answers, but you are not meant to have them yet.

Hazel Cloud
      Participant

Real talk: I’m a writer in LA with some block and was looking for something I could sink my teeth in to. Initially, I was entrapped. I’ve read all the history, watched all the periscopes, and was scoping the board only to realize that it seems likes it’s almost over. THAT is the disappointment you are sensing.

Profile photo of Addison Born
      Addison Born
      Participant

Oh man, if you had said you were an actress, I’d be worried for you tonight.

You’re gonna have a good time tonight, and don’t worry – there’s enough here that you’ll have plenty to sink your teeth into.

Hazel Cloud
      Participant

Haha. I feel like I’ve already researched my fill. I’m very pro-active. Lol. So antsy.

Profile photo of Addison Born
    Addison Born
    Participant

Echoing what others have said. This is not “any other haunted house” whatsoever. Any other haunted house lets you leave at the end, giggling and laughing with your friends about who jumped the highest when the zombie jumped at you.

My first time through, with many people that all met through the forums, was a very somber experience that could only be followed by deep drinking and reflection.

My second time through shook me to my core, conversations I had and decisions I made still keep me up at night.

You’re not buying a ticket to walk through a haunted house, you’re buying a ticket to be haunted.

Hazel Cloud
    Participant

Right, but initially, I chose this experience because I felt it lasted longer than 2 hours and, living in LA, I would be able to participate.

Hazel Cloud
    Participant

I’m still going tonight. That’s not the point. I’m going to have an awesome time, regardless. But, what I was paying for was the whole life game experience. Something ongoing.

Ah. That’s fair. That may have been a miscommunication. The event was originally meant as an end cap and a standalone to the ongoing experience. However, recent events have suggested that this may not be the case and that it may be continuing.

None of us are certain whether or not the ongoing portion is already over or may be continuing. I wish I had a better answer than that, but none of us know yet.

Profile photo of ReidV
      ReidV
      Participant

To be fair we had action here only 2 days ago, and we have been continually warned things are coming…

Hazel Cloud
      Participant

Skeptical.

Profile photo of Taylor
      Taylor
      Participant

Exactly. I just became active and received a call! Samson banned three members. I am having a blast!

Thanks, Max!

Hazel Cloud
      Participant

So let’s make it so. Why wait for someone else to decide?

I’m afraid I’m unsure what you’re implying we should do. Indoctrination was us being able to get an insight into who and what the OOA is. Without them providing more clues or avenues, we cannot continue.

All hope is not lost, two prominent OOA members were here and contacting people only two days ago. This may be hinting at a resurgence of ongoing activity. But we don’t know what the OOA is planning or what they will do

Hazel Cloud
      Participant

I’m not sure what exactly the vision would be, but where there is a need, I tend to take the lead.

I cannot tell you how much that I am hoping both for a continuation of the ongoing component and for a chance for you to do just that. With this level of spirit, I have no doubt that you’d make a powerful ally to whichever faction snaps you up.

Hazel Cloud
      Participant

Thanks. I’m sure you’ve found an ally in me.

Hazel Cloud
    Participant

Well, if that’s the case, I am 100% game. Obviously.
    :)

Hazel Cloud
    Participant

Well, as I seem to have some of your attention, I’d like to take this moment to formally introduce myself.

I’m Hazel.
    Not so patient, very kind, but candid.
    Nice to meet you all. :)
    Will anyone be there tonight? We are Ascending at 10.

Hazel Cloud
    Participant

By the way, only my boyfriend’s info is on the ticket… so, how will they research me?

We aren’t really privy to how they operate, so I’m afraid we can’t really answer that. However, simply being here means that you’re on their radar.

Hazel Cloud
      Participant

I figured as much. I just stumbled on to this today though and am hoping that my participation is reflected in tonight’s Ascension.

Profile photo of Lawrence
      Lawrence
      Participant

I can tell you that since my first processing about three weeks ago, I have been “participating” in something psychologically and emotionally transformative every day.

Hazel Cloud
    Participant

UPDATE: FOR THOSE NEW TO TENSION

I was once a skeptic like you, but now I’m HOOKED.

If you’ve got the time and the patience, Tension is not an experience to be missed.

We may be coming to the close of Ascension, but the story is just beginning to unfold. Until recently, we had no clue what was going on. While we may still be in the dark, we now understand that this experience is an ongoing process.

IF you have a penchant for the mysterious, this is for you.

I’ve proselytized at every chance. If you have made it to this forum because of my message, I urge you not to become overwhelmed. I’ve warned you that this was a massive body of work. If you have any questions, I encourage you to ask them. I am available to you for this cause, and there are so many others willing to step in when I can not. This community cares very deeply about what’s been created. You get what you put in, so don’t be shy. We are all searching for the same things here.

Profile photo of Michelle
      Michelle
      Participant

I’m sorry. I’m super confused. Who are you talking to? The people here on the boards are here because they have somehow become involved in Tension whether that be going through the experience or about to. This post seems like preaching to the wrong crowd especially in regards to this thread. Who’s the skeptic in this thread because you were the one who created it? The place to be posting something like this would be FB, IG, Twitter, a blog, etc. where you might be able to catch the eye of someone completely unaware of Tension.

Hazel Cloud
      Participant

This post was clearly meant for people that are NEW to Tension, and those I’ve directed to these forums.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by Profile photo of Hazel Cloud Hazel Cloud.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register