Evidence collection?!

This topic contains 19 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of tangent tangent 8 years ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of NojiriHorror
    NojiriHorror

Maybe this would be a good place to assemble all of our evidence. Also a place to dissect any clues that might be hidden within their posts.

Profile photo of _Michael Gray
    _Michael Gray
    Participant

I’m still waiting to hear back about my consultation. I hope that I am chosen.

Profile photo of Daela
    Daela
    Participant

To tell the truth, I prefer to put the clues together on my own. However, I am having some difficulty distinguishing clues from red herrings/typos, so perhaps any enlightened participants could gently steer me away from unimportant information.

I don’t know if the following are typos, mistakes, or intentional clues:

1) The disclaimer on the Tension website is missing the letter “r” in the word “entertainment”.

2) The welcome letter is missing a period after “We welcome thee”

3) The welcome letter contains the sentence “Be you too deaf to hear not the voices that try to guide you?” This is a double negative: the word “not” does not seem to belong.

4) On the Facebook header image, the words “Los Angeles – 2016” cast a shadow that says “La anGelez – 2016”.

5) The most frequently mis-typed letters (in communications that are typed with a typewriter) are o, u, and m.

I can’t tell if I should be focusing my energies on solving these conundrums or if they are simple mistakes.

Profile photo of Erin
    Erin
    Participant

Perhaps a new topic thread for each piece?

Profile photo of Trevor
    Trevor
    Participant

Lauren, I am considering every typo a clue. For that matter, even a red herring could be a clue if it helps evaluate the source!

Profile photo of Jake O
    Jake O
    Participant

this isn’t much help, but I wouldn’t discount anything.
    At the same time, my guess is grammatical errors are probably just grammatical errors. After all, they are human, at least until their Ascension;)
    However, mistyped and funky looking letters are definitely important. They were a key to solving the first puzzle

Profile photo of Neil King
    Neil King
    Participant

Good catch on the typos. For an editor I did not catch those. I wonder if they do mean something – my brain cannot stop thinking about all of this!

_Michael Gray
    Participant

I have called the number that I believe is the right one, but I keep getting a message that the office is closed. Has anyone else had this happen to them? Do I have the right phone number? I’m killing myself looking for clues and deciphering what is out there.

@kingkill33 Addison normally only answers during business hours pacific time, and even then it’s a crap shoot. Atticus has answered outside business hours but that’s a rare thing. And right now I’m not sure they’re taking any more consultations.

I’d recommend trying again during business hours, but I wouldn’t stress if you don’t reach anyone. There was a wave of consultations a week or two ago but I haven’t heard of anything recently. I doubt there is going to be much that phone number can really offer you before April 1st

_Michael Gray
    Participant

@thegilded I called today numerous times, I believe they cleared their mailbox for voice messages. I heard just a single beep after the recorded message that I assume was an answering machine. I left my info and asked for a consultation. I hope that I am called back :)

Profile photo of debzies
      debzies
      Participant

did you hear back yet?

Profile photo of Mary Pavlovsky
    Mary Pavlovsky
    Participant

Please note the similarities to the language/grammar of thee Temple ov Psychick Youth

http://www.sacred-texts.com/eso/topy/topymani.htm

_Michael Gray
    Participant

@debzies I have not as of yet, but my feelings are strong that it’s only a matter of time. I have called everyday, left a few messages, but their mailbox is full again so I have to just wait till they contact me or I get lucky and reach someone when I make my daily calls to them. I have faith though that I will be included in the path to enlightenment with the few chosen.

@kingkill33 – Keep the faith. The OOA has been mostly silent the past several days as we lead into registration on April 1st, surely those of us who haven’t been set on The Path will be so between 4/1 and 6/1 when registration closes.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

@kingkill33 I called multiple times during business hours and got the voice message saying to call back during business hours (which I was) I messaged them on Facebook and got a response asking if I was in LA, I responded yes but no answer after that. I decided to call again on Saturday (outside of business hours just for shits and giggles). He answered and asked how I got the number, told me he remembered me from Facebook and that he would be in contact. Got some messages on FB from him asking age, and then telling me my time and date. That meeting eventually became the library meet up with the old man. So from that, my only advice would to be to just keep hitting them with calls and maybe a message on FB/twitter/Instagram… Bound to answer at some point?

Profile photo of Melissa
    Melissa

I left two messages a while back and didn’t get a call. I figured if they want to enlighten me, great. If they don’t then *shrug* I’ll be disappointed but won’t lose sleep over it.

Profile photo of Daela
    Daela
    Participant

More letters:

1) On the questionnaire, we are asked “do they ever involve you own Death” – the “r” from “your” is missing, much like the “r” in “entertainment”

2) “Masturbate” is misspelled as “masterbate” once

3) When we are asked about our relationships with our parents, “Like” is inexplicably capitalized twice.

4) On the “Losing One Emboldens Another” page, the letters QSD appear to be in the background. After Googling I’m not sure what this stands for – it doesn’t seem to relate to that particular puzzle.

Profile photo of tangent
    tangent
    Participant

@daela Figured those letters in 4 sounded Latin and found this: Q.S.D = Quis ut Deus? – Who is like God? (Motto of angels led by St. Michael)

Profile photo of tangent
    tangent
    Participant

According to Wiki, St. Michael ‘and assists souls at the hour of death’. Winding that clock…

Profile photo of tangent
    tangent
    Participant

In addition to this, it makes me wonder if OOA doesn’t stand for something in Latin? I will investigate after brief sleep.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register