Fall event ticket prices

Tension brand Forums IN PERSON EVENT DISCUSSIONS Fall event ticket prices

This topic contains 30 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Ezi Ezi 7 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

This is now live.

Tickets aren’t on Eventbrite yet, but pricing information is now available

Profile photo of Susie J
    Susie J
    Participant

*squeeeeeeeeee!!*

Profile photo of Michael Rizzo
    Michael Rizzo
    Participant

Oh sheeeiiit

Profile photo of Michelle
    Michelle
    Participant

Thank you for the information Sean. Hopefully, we all are able to get in without a problem. Price point is about what I expected.

Profile photo of Michael Rizzo
    Michael Rizzo
    Participant

Also note:
    The Tension Experience: Ascension

I’m thinking this will be a series of events (Think Alone), with the arg element turned on in between LARGE ticketed events.

Profile photo of TheBuz
    TheBuz
    Participant

Yesssssss

Profile photo of Amie
    Amie
    Participant

So long, farewell…lol

Profile photo of creepsociety
    creepsociety
    Participant

Michelle
    Participant

@rizzo. I was thinking the same thing. That this would be a continuous storyline. I hope it is and that it’s not the end of the line already.

Profile photo of _Michael Gray
    _Michael Gray
    Participant

Take My Money!!!

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Argh. What was the price?

Profile photo of AH-lay
      AH-lay
      Participant

Megan, did you find out yet?

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

How much is it?

Profile photo of TheBuz
    TheBuz
    Participant

Price was $125 for a ticket.

Profile photo of Ezi
    Ezi
    Participant

That doesn’t seem to bad for a 3? hour event. Especially if you look at all the effort they are putting into it.

Michelle
      Participant

No but it is a lot for a lot of people. You can justify the price point positively and negatively. There are already a few who have been involved for a long time here that won’t be able to attend because of the price. They’re placing the price relatively high for something that no one knows exactly what will be involved except that it’s going to be a few hours long. Because, really, we don’t know what it is. We’re taking a leap of faith. An expensive one for some.

Profile photo of
      Anonymous

Honestly I expected it to be a lot more.

Profile photo of Andrew Kasch
      Andrew Kasch
      Participant

Totally cool with the price. I feel like I’ve already gotten my money’s worth on the last 5 months alone.

Profile photo of
      Anonymous

Agreed.

Profile photo of Jake O
      Jake O
      Participant

agree, I feel like the price is fair, especially for those of us that have gotten to attend several events for free

I’ve easily gotten more than $125 worth of enjoyment out of this already, much less the event proper. I was prepared for it to be more expensive than this. Maybe I’ll get a T-shirt if they have one…

Something to remember, as well, is that this page seems to have gone up prematurely so the price may still be subject to change. I will, however, argue that the price range that it was in was certainly more than fair.

Profile photo of
      Anonymous

The way I see it is, many of us have been doing this for months, and even for someone like me who has only been able to participate in two in-person events I feel like I’ve been enough of a part of things that I’ve DEFINITELY already gotten $125 worth of entertainment from it. I was only half-joking a couple of weeks ago when I said that the ticket sale was probably going to be x-number of hundreds of dollars to just continue in the experience – not having any idea how long this was intended to last or what the endgame was of course. Immersive shows like Sleep No More and Then She Fell are 2-3 hours and $100+, and they’re not “tailored” in any way. They also don’t last for months and require people to get to know the audience in depth. The other thing that I took away from the article was that we’re not buying tickets to a 3 hour event, we’re buying tickets to an experience that culminates in a 3 hour event. I could have misinterpreted that and maybe we’ll find out tomorrow, but for me it wasn’t just buying a ticket to a show, I don’t think.

I was even prepared to pay more being an out-of-state participant, figuring it might take more work on their part to keep me involved. I have no idea what their plans are of course. What I’m hoping, given my schedule once school starts back up, is that I can fly out for a weekend and attend whatever live events are happening at that time. And maybe between now and then, the story will continue as it has been?

Also, having researched what other personal immersive experiences go for…$125 is nothing…

Profile photo of Amie
      Amie
      Participant

I totally understand that someone could look at this and see it as a high price. It’s all perspective in the end. I’m not surprised by the price and I think its more than fair, especially for the time they are estimating. Some events can be $80 for something around an hour and in all honestly we never really know what we’re getting ourselves into with any of these things. :) Like everything else Tension has put forward, it’s a step into the unknown that each person will have to decide if it’s worth it to take a jump. For anyone who’s circumstances make the price harder to reach, I hope they can find a way to make it but if not, we’ve all been there and hopefully there will be more Tension opportunities to come!

Michelle
      Participant

Oh, I agree with what’s been said. I’ve paid more to get a front of the line pass and, when they did it, a VIP pass, for Universal Horror Nights and it’s not tailored for an individual at all. Blackout was more if you consider the price per minute within the experience. I hope no one thinks I was saying the price is way out of line. But, I’ve also had a few people who have been very involved for months now say they can’t afford it. There are people who invested a lot of their own time in it and won’t be able to attend. That’s the bummer of this. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that they will make it work but it didn’t sound likely.

I was only expressing that while some may say this is a steal and cheap. And, I do agree, they’ve given a lot of us experiences for nothing. They’ve done a great deal and an amazing job to pull us in and get us invested. There’s always the other side of the coin though.

Profile photo of AH-lay
    AH-lay
    Participant

I wonder if anyone can buy a ticket, or if it’s limited for the people from the forums

Profile photo of Jake O
      Jake O
      Participant

this is an interesting question. the greyed out ticket button has always said “upon acceptance” when you hover over it with the mouse.

we still don’t know what that means

Profile photo of AH-lay
      AH-lay
      Participant

I am thinking this is what the questionnaire is really for, to make THAT experience ‘unique’, not just the one we’ve had so far. The designers would have to work around our answers for the vent.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by Profile photo of AH-lay AH-lay.
    Profile photo of JoeKaye
    JoeKaye
    Participant

Yeah I’m one of those who probably won’t be able to afford it. Oh well c’est la vie. Nice knowing all of you haha.

Profile photo of Blondie
    Blondie
    Participant

*buys a National Lottery ticket*

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I wonder when the page will go live (again). Midnight?

Profile photo of Ezi
    Ezi
    Participant

Well, I feel for all the tension people in other countries/far away/(any other reason you might not be able to go), will be back in South Africa then, so no chance of going to the event. Am definitely gonna keep at the forums to hear how it went for people!

Hopefully I get in for the ScareLA lottery, that should be interesting too!

Seriously envious of the people that will get to go though (but I’ll get over it)! Wishing you all an amazing time!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register