Forum reorganization

Tension brand Forums OFF TOPIC Forum reorganization

This topic contains 14 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Michelle Michelle 7 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

As our first official task as Sentries, @mkarrett and I will be reorganizing the forums into what will hopefully end up being something more accessible to people both new and old.

For now, please refrain from posting in the old forums. If you have a new topic to post, please feel free to do so in the forums that are in ALL CAPS. We’ll be posting stickies on each forum to describe their purpose, but you’re smart people. I’m sure you can figure them out for now.

As a second note, we’re going through all posts right now and filtering them into where we believe they belong on the new forums. Please feel free to go through your old topics and if you disagree with where they end up, you can contact us directly through PM or by replying here

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

Thank you for this! This was something that was definitely needed.

Profile photo of Jake O
    Jake O
    Participant

@thegilded @mkarrett thank you, I think this will really help people who are lurking to become more involved. It’s probably been pretty daunting for people to wade through all this info.

I hope they’re paying you handsomely for your efforts!

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Thank you both!! I can never remember where things were posted.

Profile photo of Susie J
    Susie J
    Participant

From the chaos will emerge…. A lovlier chaos. Thank you both for all you do!

Profile photo of Cody
    Cody
    Participant

This is a very good and needed move. I may have posted on one that was “old”, if so it may need to be re-archived. Not my intention to bring it back up. Sory if im causing more work Sean.
    Was peculiar and thought it worth mentioning.

More work? Ugh, time to borrow 4’s banhammar.

Seriously though, you replied to a topic which won’t cause any extra work on our parts. You only need to be mindful of where you create new topics until this process is complete

Profile photo of Amie
    Amie
    Participant

I want to throw in a thank you as well. It’s quite a task to sort through all of our thoughts! I’m excited though, I haven’t been as active on the forums recently so hopefully this will make it a little easier to keep up as well. You guys are the best Sentries ever!

Profile photo of Addison Born
    Addison Born
    Participant

This is huge, and what one can only imagine is a gigantic undertaking. Thank you!!

I’ve also just been informed that I may have accidentally triggered some update emails to some of you during this move. So many of you probably got a bunch of topic reply emails that are no longer applicable.

Sorry about that

Profile photo of PuppetGirl
    PuppetGirl
    Participant

Thanks for all your hard work

PuppetGirl
    Participant

I’d like to suggest a “block” feature for those people that love the community but maybe don’t want certain users posts popping up in the wonderfully helpful activity log. Just a suggestion. Or is that available already and I just don’t know it?

PuppetGirl
    Participant

I’ve noticed that occasionally I cannot see names, only the profile pic, of comments and posts in the forum through the activity button. Not sure if it’s a bug in the computer program, but it would be especially helpful if EVERYONE posted a photo so when that happens it is still possible to identify who wrote the message.

Profile photo of thecatnipper
    thecatnipper
    Participant

Excellent reorganization, it is much appreciated!!!!
    Thanks so much

Profile photo of Michelle
    Michelle
    Participant

You two are awesome. Thank you for all the work you do! @thegilded @mkarrett

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register