Gatekeeper Analysis

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Sean (@TheGilded) Sean (@TheGilded) 7 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

Gatekeeper 5:
    – Cold
    – Distant
    – Interacted directly with us infrequently, normally through letters
    – Difficult to read emotion or beliefs
    – Introduced us to basic OOA teachings
    – Previous history unknown

Gatekeeper 4:
    – Passionate
    – Volatile
    – Interacted directly more frequently, through letters, videos, and was physically in the same room as some of us, speaking with us directly (See: Mixer event)
    – Distaste for social media
    – Used to be an actress (?)

Gatekeeper 3:
    – Detached
    – Terse
    – Sleeps often
    – Conflict with OOA (See: Overseer incident)
    – Interacts through more indirect means than 4, but more direct than 5 (See: Periscope)
    – Inspires fear/hesitation from other OOA members
    – Breaks tradition (?) (See: Recent post, claiming that “prophecy can be broken”)
    – Assuming that despite the profile picture, the Facebook account is managed by him or by an associate of his, he wants an increase in social media activity (See: Request for smiling pictures)

It’s the break in tradition, the way that 4 spoke of him, the way he dealt with the Overseer that concerns me slightly. I used to have at least some contact with OOA members, yet since III’s arrival, I suddenly have none. OOA members are concerned, I hear there is a great deal of structural upheaval, and fear across the board.

Is III’s arrival something that is causing a reformation, or is all of this change symptomatic of something else? Increase in BOS activity? Investigation/interruptions by the Barrows? Are either of these things the reason that the OOA went with a Gatekeeper who seems to be more dangerous and inspire more fear than the more calm 5 or the passionate 4?

Profile photo of Cody
    Cody
    Participant

“I am an actress first and foremost”, Id say 4 is still an actress as she did not state it in past tense.

I agree that it is slightly concerning that interactions with the OOA have slowed down but maybe there is a reason. Sometimes we need to learn one step to be able to take the next.

Good job @gilded !

Your first point is definitely a good one, but I suppose that brings up another unanswered question: What happens to the Gatekeepers when they step down? Is she _still_ an actress or is she now… something else?

Profile photo of Cody
    Cody
    Participant

Hard to say. There seems to be alot of speculation that once one is a gatekeeper they are unable to be normal or their formal selves.
    While I do believe a change can make it harder to be ones former self I do not think It would change one beyond the ability to blend with the norms.
    We are totally shooting in the dark so really, anything is possible at this point.
    It’s easy to appear normal, it can be even easier for some to be cryptic, does it mean that those expressed aspects are the only aspects of a man or woman? I say no.
    I could be wrong though.

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

Also, how does one become a Gatekeeper?

We know that Gatekeepers go before Omega when they are relieved of their position, but as we don’t know exactly what Omega’s function is, we can’t really speak to what that means.

I suppose it wouldn’t be too insane to say that Omega may also be involved in the creation/promotion of a Gatekeeper, as well. As said though, all just stabs in the dark

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register