Ghost in the machine (code)?

Tension brand Forums THEORIES, PUZZLES, DECODING THEIR MESSAGE Ghost in the machine (code)?

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 7 years, 10 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of LordofDecay
    LordofDecay
    Participant

I’m not sure if this has been brought up before and if so then I apologize for the repost. I found these when you right click and select “Inspect” from the drop down menu on the home screen of this site. One picture is of some cloaked figure and the other is a demonic floating head. The cloaked figure says “Kangaroo” next to it. I’m not total sure how to post pictures in the forums, so here is an Imgur link: http://imgur.com/a/Ba9F2

I don’t know if there is any clues about it, but it is kind of neat.

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

Good find :) A lot of people missed those. When this first started, there was something else to find in there that led some people to the first consultations. Those images don’t seem to lead to anything current, but maybe the future?

LordofDecay
      Participant

@mike was there any conclusion as to what the cloaked figure is carrying? I kinda thought I looked like a trident…

Profile photo of Mike
      Mike
      Participant

@alexvansickle That’s what I thought as well. A devil and his pitchfork :)

As an addon, the “signatures” under some of those ASCII art pieces are of well known ASCII artists who do a lot of letter-art like this. B’ger and Kangaroo are two of these artists

Profile photo of Jake O
      Jake O
      Participant

@thegilded I didn’t know there were artists doing their work in code. I will check out some of their other work. Thanks for pointing this out

Profile photo of Jake O
    Jake O
    Participant

@alexvansickle I’ve been wondering about these since the beginning. The imagery hasn’t really applied to anything else in terms of the OOA. But I’ve always wondered, as @mike said, if these are significant in pointing to where this experience is leading or what’s lurking underneath the surface

@endlesspictures – I’m not sure we should look into it too much. It seems to me like it was made to draw attention to where the phone number used to be, at the top of the comments.

The fact that they’re copy/pasted from known ASCII artists, including their signature combined with the fact that later code uses “spooky” variables (see examples copy/pasted below, pulled from site code) implies that it was mood setting done by someone who is trying to make the source sound “scary” in a way that isn’t consistent with the rest of the OOA’s media. Perhaps outsourced to a third party or some sort of OOA intern who didn’t understand the mood they were going for?

“Spooky” code examples:

<!– contain the evil –>
    <div class=”container” style=”z-index:800; “>

<!– bondage cables: bar1, left –>
    img src=”/images/rope-long-piece.png” />

//a glitchy wiggler for the underworld
    function glitchywiggler( target ) {

LordofDecay
    Participant

I was able to also figure out that book ISBN code in the “About” tab at the top….It is very expensive though

Agreed. And while it is important in some way, Gatekeeper5 has explicitly told us that “The book is not the way”.

Perhaps implying that something about it is important (excerpts from the back portion were used in a hidden page) but the book itself is not important?

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

This beauty is in the code.
    devil

EDIT grrr

devil in the code

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register