"Glory Be" Analysis

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Lucus Lucus 7 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

We used to hear it all the time, that’s why we started using it so damn much, but it’s been less prevalent recently. During Addison’s lessons, she seemed frustrated and angry that we weren’t seeing something and explicitly told us to listen to who says “Glory Be”. I’ve been searching but my searches are hardly comprehensive and thus, need your help. I’ve reviewed all of the periscopes listed on the Tension Facebook page, as well as every forum post that I can find and have found a pattern that I’d like to speak on.

Going off of my experiences, I can only explicitly remember attendants telling me “Glory Be”. People on phone calls, anonymous users on the forum and on the Tension accounts. Each time I was called they were very clear in using “Glory Be”, normally as a sign off message. However, it does not seem as though the Gatekeepers have ever used it on the forums. GK4 used the phrase “Glory Be” once during her “I am in CONTROL” video posted to Facebook on May 13, and I vaguely recall but cannot say with certainty whether or not she said so during the mixer event when she spoke to me.

5 only around a bit, so I’m using his forum posts as a guide on this one, but the phrase “Glory Be” does not show up in his post history. 3 was a rebel so I wouldn’t expect him to use the phrase all that often, but I don’t recall him ever saying so. Addison has not used the phrase once on either her Addison account nor her GK2 account. She only speaks the words in one Periscope video: The Darkest Before The Dawn video in which she uses the phrase: “This is why I told the king to say them as though they were his own: ‘Glory be’ “, which, based off the context and her eye movements at the time, suggest that they were part of the story rather than her own words.

Before I get into analysis of what this possible pattern can mean, I want to ask you all: Am I missing anything? Have anyone other than us or the Attendant used the phrase “Glory Be”?

I immediately recognized an error: 5 uses the phrase “Glory Be” in a post in the ELEVATION topic, which is the last on his account.

But I still want to keep this topic open for this analysis: What is the pattern we’re missing?

Profile photo of Lucus
    Lucus
    Participant

Are you looking for which participants have used the phrase? Should we each volunteer to comb through a thread and see what kind of list we can compile?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register