Griffith Park Letter

This topic contains 86 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Hazel Cloud Hazel Cloud 7 years, 5 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of TheBuz
    TheBuz
    Participant

Full report coming. 3 is coming.

Profile photo of Andrew Kasch
    Andrew Kasch
    Participant

Got the letter. 4 is gone. 3 has entered. Scrutinizing it now. Will post the details.

I’d kindly request pictures, if you get a chance. Imgur seems to be the image uploading location of choice these days

Profile photo of Susie J
    Susie J
    Participant

I am clutching my pearls, gentlemen.

Profile photo of Cody
    Cody
    Participant

That was SWIFT. How I long to be in LA.

Profile photo of Amie
    Amie
    Participant

1. I am so glad I’m about to get off of work.
    2. Please post pictures, it wouldn’t be right for everyone to not see it!
    3. Addison, GK3??

I was thinking this morning about that fire last night and what looked like a book in there. I was wondering if maybe it could have been her training log.

Profile photo of Mustafa Said
      Mustafa Said
      Participant

You and me both, @sovereignskies. You and me both. Always wanted to meet GK4. Now I’m afraid I’ll never get the chance.

Profile photo of TheBuz
    TheBuz
    Participant

@kasch and I will be scanning the letter and posting for everyone to scrutinize. In the car now on our way to my apartment.

Andrew Kasch
    Participant

Gk3 is a he.

Profile photo of Melissa
    Melissa

Witnessed the letter, be patient. So happy to see @kasch and @thebuz got the letter before me, good job gentlemen!

Rizzo, thanks for your enthusiasm! :)

• This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by Profile photo of Melissa Melissa.
    Andrew Kasch
    Participant

We are back at Buz’s. Scrutinizing the letter and scanning it. Will be posted soon.

In short, it was 4’s goodbye letter. Big emphasis on our community not keeping secrets and becoming more vocal. References to Addison and Rizzo. Some interesting redacted bits.

Well played, 4. I’m gonna miss you.

Profile photo of 111_error
    111_error
    Participant

~4 was too nervous to meet me. So whatever, bye ~4.

Well done on getting there so quick guys, you beat all of us that were coordinating together to figure out where it was.

Profile photo of Mustafa Said
    Mustafa Said
    Participant

Welp, I’m gonna miss 4. Wish I could have met her.

Profile photo of Michael Rizzo
    Michael Rizzo
    Participant

Lots of editing for the letter, 4 makes note of some things that the others high ups may not think we are ready for… But they had high praise for the letter she wrote over all… Whoever THEY are

Profile photo of TheBuz
    TheBuz
    Participant

Today was a weird, but enlightening day.

So last night during Addison’s rebirthing ceremony (the burning of her photos) I noticed that the OOA had tagged their location. I would never presume that they could make a mistake such as this but I did not want to alert the forums none the less in case it was accidental. I quickly messaged them and let them know but did not hear back.

Today, having still no word from the Institute, I let @kasch know of my discovery and we decided to go check out this location.

I sent them a message letting them know what we are doing and if we were out of bounds then to please let me know asap so we could turn around. Shortly after sending this message I get a periscope notification…with the location tagged on again.

Now I know this is no accident. I immediately tell @kasch to turn left and head to Griffith Park and drive as fast as he can. We were 40 minutes away!

29 minutes later (thanks to Waze) we arrive at the right spot, find the hiding place… and pull out the letter that was sealed with a skull and crossbones wax insignia.

Page 1
    Page 2
    Page 3

So it would seem to me from reading this at this biggest take away as that we need to interact EVEN more.

I myself am guilty of holding a few things close to my chest. Mainly, the big one, that I received an email from OOA telling me that the warning call was not accusatory but that I was soon to be in possession of a major clue… by mail. I’m still waiting for this. Because I’m relatively new, I’ve been observing, trying to learn as much as possible. I know now that this is a mistake. I must interact to learn. This is my path moving forward.

Now that I’ve got that out of the way… back to the letter.

Things of note:

–There are 4 different sets of handwriting.
    –The redacted parts are legible in real life… if you cannot read them through the scan please let me know and I will post them.
    –This is a first draft with edits from… possibly other gatekeepers? Oracles? Who knows. I’m curious if they had to rush this since Andrew and I were on our way to look at the other location.
    –Four is done. She looks to be taking Addison with her. (She may be speaking through Addison or that was Addison speaking briefly in the letter).
    –They call out Rizzo specifically (though only by referring to him as “R”).
    –Four is a Sound of Music fan.

I’m still pouring over this but I hope someone has something else they may be able to add to the puzzle at hand.

Glory be and stay on the path brothers and sisters. GK3 is coming, and I cannot wait.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by Profile photo of Sean (@TheGilded) Sean (@TheGilded). Reason: Removed portion per request
      Profile photo of Daela
      Daela
      Participant

“Where are the auditory metaphors”

That made me laugh a lot.

Profile photo of TheBuz
      TheBuz
      Participant

That may be my favorite part.

Profile photo of Melissa
    Melissa

Note, the line in the pages is an artifact from scanning. My work scanner has the same problem. :)

Profile photo of TheBuz
    TheBuz
    Participant

Also who is CA and why are they behind schedule?

Michael Rizzo
      Participant

Yea that’s my biggest question about this, who is CA?

Profile photo of Mike
      Mike
      Participant

First thought would be California. I feel the OOA is in a lot of areas.

Profile photo of Mike
      Mike
      Participant

And by saying “CA isn’t ready”, they mean all of us :/

Profile photo of
      Anonymous

Well, if they’re in MN, someone should put me in touch with the local branch.

Profile photo of Daela
    Daela
    Participant

To hash out:

– …”the face of the creators, 2 4 2″ with the note “don’t mention the kids name directly” – makes it seem like 2 4 2 indicates the creator’s or creators’ name/names, whatever that may mean
    – “Beware he who does not die”
    – “I’m just an actress, first and foremost.”
    – “…she now goes to him that is eternity” – Addison goes to him and this is good, but we’re also supposed to beware he who does not die?
    – “Oracles are non-responsive” <– is that what this says?
    – CA is behind schedule

Profile photo of Jake O
      Jake O
      Participant

interesting the redacted “I’m just an actress first and foremost”
      It has a double meaning. as gatekeeper (Addison speaking through gatekeeper??), she had to maintain a persona and act as a conduit.
      Addison was an aspiring actress, But this could also be interpreted as breaking the fourth wall, perhaps that’s why it was redacted.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by Profile photo of Jake O Jake O.
    111_error
    Participant

“The louder your voice, the more we will show you”

Or you know, just leave you sitting downstairs having a coffee, and then try and cover it up as a mistake.
    You were a fucking coward ~4, as were all the rest of you.
    Don’t like that label? You still have my number, tell me I’m wrong, tell me some more bullshit about how my name tag fell to the floor – in the exact place Daela and I looked and found nothing.

And you wonder why people don’t believe that effort leads to reward? Feel free to send me some gas money, or a plane ticket, and I’ll come back, we can get that drink.

~4, you typed a lot, you ranted and stamped your feet, and you said next to nothing this entire time. Just like this letter, you could have simply said “Post More”, but brevity isn’t your style.

It’s a low bar for III to clear, but then you do all keep surprising us. Glory fucking be.

Profile photo of Chris424
    Chris424
    Participant

Did anyone notice the 8 s in the different words on the pages and the 242

Profile photo of Mike
      Mike
      Participant

Also, the words in red “the light”, “my fault”, and “dawn”

Profile photo of Jake O
      Jake O
      Participant

And “do it for others to see” is also red

Profile photo of Melissa
    Melissa

Makes me wonder if Tension will release something like http://www.thetensionexperience.com/242

It wouldn’t be the first time they had a puzzle like that.

Profile photo of Ezi
      Ezi
      Participant

I don’t know why I feel I’ve seen the numbers 242 somewhere before, I might be mistaken, but will be looking through the stuff I first looked through to see if I find it. Also there were a few spelling mistakes, but only one was circled “Ogf”

Profile photo of Jake O
      Jake O
      Participant

I agree there seem to be numbers we are supposed to use in some way. Remember gatekeeper 5’s farewell letter contained a new web address.

Perhaps this is similar and we are supposed to use the 8s and the 242 in a similar manner. Though it’s definitely not as obvious this time.

Profile photo of Jake O
      Jake O
      Participant

@lenize you might be thinking of 227 That’s been a number they have used in several ways

Profile photo of TheBuz
    TheBuz
    Participant

We may be missing a piece of the puzzle. The 242 is odd. I don’t know what it’s significance can be other than a clue.

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

@thebuz and @kasch – thank you for scanning this, but could you also scan/take a picture of the seal on the envelope? We know Addison used something similar last night, so I feel like whatever the seal logo it is important.

Also, was it wax like last night? A sticker? What? Nothing is random and everything can be a clue, so please…we want it ALL! :)

Profile photo of Melissa
    Melissa

@111error:

I say this out of love man, just putting it out there right from the get go.

I can understand your frustration, I haven’t had the same issues as you have with Tension but I have in life been let down by people/groups. It’s not a fun feeling. But the OOA are people just like us and they make mistakes. I can’t speak on their behalf but I suspect they know they f*cked up with you. Second chances. Also, you met us and I met you! At the risk of sounding super cheesy I think that was the most rewarding part of being with my community, even if it was just for a little while.

And ya I just drove down, post blood donation, for a letter. That’s fine. I choose to get in the car and do something knowing I may be disappointed with the outcome. But it was an adventure! I got to see Andrew, Buz and Rizzo! And who knows read that letter again, maybe there’s more to it? I already see stuff like “242” in the letter that looks suspect.

So two options: you stop this and game over. Or you can take the risk and try it again. Ready Player One?

I’m going to get some cookies and lay down.

111_error
      Participant

@mkarrett A second chance was arranged, at considerably greater expense and hardship to me, and I believe you did read in my review that it was cancelled by the time I woke up.

How does that expression go? “Fool me once, shame on you, Fool me… oh what the hell, just keep fooling me, I’ll stick around indefinitely..” ?

I’m still here, and I’m still player 111, but I’m losing faith in the OOA’s current MO. I sign a waiver to entrust my safety to people that can’t send emails, forgot I was there, fucked up their second chance, may have hurt someone I cared about, and I’m supposed to act impressed with this coffee stained homework assignment of a goodbye letter hidden behind a trash can?

Profile photo of Melissa
    Melissa

To be honest? Yes @111error I actually forgot about the second chance part. The meeting that didn’t happen. The extra day stay. I can’t stop you from doing whatever you want to do but know this:

That letter had a lot of stabs at people that talk in the damn back alleys. The whole whisper thing. It made me roll my eyes again because fuck I have had enough of hearing the whining about the “whispers”. But I’ll let it roll off, I know I’M not hiding anything from this forum. What I discuss with my community is completely unrelated and doesn’t belong on this forum. So do I also feel a little pissed from what ~4 had to say? Of course. Probably not as much as you did but I felt a little bit of “oh here we go again with beating the dead horse”. But I know myself and my contributions here. And if I stop then that clock stands a lesser chance of getting wound (wind?) up.

And so I move forward.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by Profile photo of Melissa Melissa.
      111_error
      Participant

That’s also exactly why I am speaking up. I didn’t like what happened, nor did I like the immediate backpedalling from ~4 – AND we never got that Taco Bell – so if they want chat here, that’s awesome, all my piss and spittle can trickle down their walls here instead. =D

Profile photo of Cody
      Cody
      Participant

Hey man. I can relate in other ways. Perhaps you were being taught a lesson.. perhaps you still are.
      Things transpire in mysterious ways.
      Do not be bitter, there is so much beauty to behold! I am standing at a major crossroads myself.
      I too know pain as a result of this experience. I welcome it.. as long as it be not in vein.

111_error
      Participant

I think you meant ‘in vain’, unless forced opioid consumption is your red line.

Profile photo of Susie J
      Susie J
      Participant

***HUGS***

Profile photo of Melissa
      Melissa

And I will look forward to all your piss @111error.

that…that did NOT come out the way it should have, but I’ll leave it be.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by Profile photo of Melissa Melissa. Reason: gotta mention whose piss I look forward to. :P
    Profile photo of Cody
    Cody
    Participant

Yes. hit me up brother. hahaha. jk.
    I know I spell fucked up. I also only have a grade 9 education.. I have many flaws. Thanks for the mirror brother.
    Do not let your recent sorrow as well as joy turn into a negative.. unless it be a constructive one.
    In light.

Profile photo of prufrock5150
    prufrock5150
    Participant

Just shooting from the hip, here: when Buz writes “I received an email from OOA telling me that the warning call was not accusatory but that I was soon to be in possession of a major clue… by mail,” is it possible that this incident is the fulfillment of that promise? Did the OOA know that Buz would be the first to arrive at the site, or is there still more to come?

Profile photo of TheBuz
      TheBuz
      Participant

I thought about that… But they said by mail… Not an envelope.

So I think I still have something coming.

I do not think I am one of the 8 hiding clues.

Profile photo of Melissa
      Melissa

That’s kinda exciting. I think we’ll* all be waiting for mail news with bated breath! Here’s to hoping!

*okay, me.

Andrew Kasch
    Participant

From Aleister: “I am afraid however finding the letter, also allowed us to – – find you, out and about in the open. would you believe today your choices have not rippled everything, and what happens next… what happens next will be glorious.”

Uh oh… Now we’ve done it.

Profile photo of creepsociety
      creepsociety
      Participant

😳

Profile photo of Mike
      Mike
      Participant

But…”glorious”…that seems like a good thing

Profile photo of Daela
      Daela
      Participant

Interesting.

– Aleister says the OOA has found you. It sounds like a good thing, from his POV, so why is he saying “I’m afraid” like it’s a bad thing?
      – I thought the OOA was always watching. Why did they have to “find” you at all?
      – Your choices have *not* rippled everything? That’s…weird. What’s the point of informing you that you’ve had no effect? If what happens next is going to be glorious, it sounds a bit as if Aleister is saying “Your choices could have disrupted something glorious, but they did not.” What did you have a chance to disrupt? Is he viewing you as a threat to the OOA?
      – Or he didn’t mean to leave the “not” in there and it’s a typo, he means to say that your choices HAVE rippled everything, causing something glorious to happen. In which case…how did finding that letter trigger something glorious? Or is there another choice you made that we don’t know about?

The joys of ambiguity.

Andrew Kasch
      Participant

@daela I read it as my choice HAVE rippled things. The expression sounded like “Do you think your choices would not have ripple effects?”

I know the OOA has been watching me closely since February, so that wasn’t a revelation. But is this someone different? Someone new to the OOA? III? Or maybe it was Sentinel who was watching?

Questions, questions…but I have a feeling that we will have answers… Along with more questions. 😉

Michael Rizzo
      Participant

Huh… Does he mean just you and buz? Or the four of us who met at the letter location?

Profile photo of TheBuz
      TheBuz
      Participant

No idea if he’s referring to all of us or just Andrew. He did not reach out to me though. Tension Experience did (as I already posted about). So who knows?

Profile photo of
      Anonymous

“I am afraid however finding the letter…”

Almost sounds like…you weren’t supposed to find the letter?

Andrew Kasch
      Participant

From my conversation with Aleister…

Me: “I eagerly await what the ripple effect will be. Let me know if you need anything else from me. In the meantime, I will be watching out…

Aleister: “Andrew, I would WATCH IN
      as in, from within”

From within…our group?

Profile photo of Melissa
      Melissa

That’s interesting…I wonder if he’s alluding to @thebuz and this mail(?)

Profile photo of Amie
      Amie
      Participant

I actually feel like he means that because the right choices were made we didn’t alter what will be glorious. As in the choice was made to share with the group instead of keeping the letter to yourselves. But who knows! 😉

Profile photo of Melissa
      Melissa

Oh man I hope so. :)

Profile photo of TheBuz
    TheBuz
    Participant

I eagerly wait next to my mailbox.

Profile photo of Lucus
    Lucus
    Participant

I agree with Megan. That letter definately seems like a rough copy.In reference to the handwritten notes on the letter, my question is are the Oracles analyzing all the Gatekeepers work before they post? To be more specific are the Gatekeepers in competition to ascend themselves? Or are the other Gatekeepers the ones giving notes?

• This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by Profile photo of Lucus Lucus.
      Profile photo of Jake O
      Jake O
      Participant

if gatekeeper five ascended, maybe he is one of the people giving notes. I think the notes are most likely coming from the oracles themselves.

Profile photo of
      Anonymous

I always thought that since the Overseer’s profile pic had a ‘5’ on it, that he was the artist formerly known as GK5.

Profile photo of Jake O
      Jake O
      Participant

haha, i forgot about that, so perhaps he is in between the oracles and the gatekeepers?
      In that case, I would still wager he would be one of the people giving notes

Profile photo of Lucus
    Lucus
    Participant

You said it was written on a typewriter whoever physically handled the letter was there anything about the texture like possible indents of letters that may not have had ink on them. Hidden messages without the carbon paper that we might not necessarily see online. Did anybody taste the coffee stain? What brand is it? or is it blood? Is there any hints that it may be scratch and sniff? Lol, just checking the senses.

Profile photo of Susie J
      Susie J
      Participant

What if the entire letter is a ginormous LSD tab? That would be so GK4.

Profile photo of Jake O
      Jake O
      Participant

i was wondering about the coffee stain. Maybe that implies gk5. One of the gk5 written newsletters had a coffee stain

Profile photo of Susie J
      Susie J
      Participant

One word: coasters.

Profile photo of ReidV
      ReidV
      Participant

As a coffee addict, I can assure you stains occur coasters or no. Glory Be to the full pot!

Profile photo of TheBuz
    TheBuz
    Participant

Looking at the over all bigger picture here…

Could Addison been 4? Split personality?

Either way, from the letter it seems they conjoined into the same mind.

Profile photo of Susie J
      Susie J
      Participant

Interesting theory. Both were actresses. The idea of multiple personalities might fit with Four being the unfettered alter ego (Tyler Durden) and Addison being the restrained, meek persona. Plus the helmet use and the references to Four’s head hurting…..

Profile photo of Mike
      Mike
      Participant

I like that theory a lot…but…the person who called me and said she was GK4 was the same voice as the person speaking to me in the attic. Both of those voices match the Four video as well.

Adding on to your theory though about sharing the same mind, maybe they are sisters or even twins

OR what if the helmet gave you thoughts and had you act based on someone else’s mind

Profile photo of Susie J
      Susie J
      Participant

Then why weren’t Addison’s parents also looking for the sibling?

Profile photo of Mike
      Mike
      Participant

This is a stretch I know, but maybe they didn’t care about the “bad” one. The evil twin was beyond repair and they had to focus on the “good” one?

Or maybe Tom got around and Four is a half sister that Margaret doesn’t know about?

Profile photo of Susie J
      Susie J
      Participant

In voodoo, there is the concept of being ridden by the Loa. You dance yourself into a trance to open yourself up as a vessel to be ridden by a spirit. What if the helmet does this? Candidates are sifted through and tested for compatibility and the helmet opens them up to channel entities to communicate with the OOA (oracles?).

Profile photo of Lucus
    Lucus
    Participant

Haha if that was the case we could have all been enlightened for 10 hours or so. Imagine the theories we could figure out as a community high on LSD. But if history teaches us anything, we might burn each other as witches as well.

Profile photo of Susie J
      Susie J
      Participant

Ergot in the rye!

Profile photo of Lucus
    Lucus
    Participant

@mike you actually had the helmet on, rIghT. Could it be possible that the Helmet was really some mIsdirectioN as They Kindly whispered in YOUr eAR, maybE they weRe actually HypnoTIzinG you to be triggered by some phrase later on…
    Oooh a voodoo theory… light this is all an elaborate dance to coax open parts of our minds and allow some interdimensional beings who like to play games with our heads inside to fuck with each other on these forums.

Profile photo of Susie J
      Susie J
      Participant

tHis Also Happens in the tAoist culture as well as mediumship.

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

i did Wear tHe helmet but no one wAs whispering in my ear That i heard

Profile photo of Lucus
    Lucus
    Participant

i SupposE i should reread that thread, for some reasoN I Thought it was meNtionEd that you and sean had peopLe whISpering in your eaR while the HElmEt was on.

Profile photo of Mike
      Mike
      Participant

Ahh i think i get ya now. FOr REal though, it a Fuzzy, but Fun time. Of couRse, i mighT be a victim of it all

Profile photo of Neil King
    Neil King
    Participant

I know I am late to this party – yesterday was an incredibly nonstop busy and kinda terrible day for me. Anyways my chime in the letter – there is clearly a few puzzles we still have not solved. Anyone have any indication as to the clues we are missing? Is there another forum somewhere with the unanswered clues. Being busy with so many jobs and a multitude of projects it is very challenging to read through everything on these forums.

I am going to miss 4 – she was a lot of fun and I never got a chance to meet her. But she did say she would return, hopefully I can meet her then. If she thinks 3 is strange, then I think we are in for something special this next month or so.

I particularly like her explanation of 5 vs 4 in the intro. 5 lays down the rules. 4 is chaos. If 5 is the calm before, 4 is the storm. What does that make 3? If 5 is the rule maker, 4 is the rule breaker, is 3 going to be the fixer? Is he gong to patch whatever holes were created. I believe we are doing a great job in patching our own holes but are there holes we don’t know about that need fixing to only strengthen our community?

What have I learned she asks. Well I have learned a lot about looking past what is given. Assume everything has meaning and purpose. I have learned that throughout my day to day life there may be trouble, there may be anxiety, but always community will be there to help. There are always others like me going through similar situations and being a rock for them helps when you need a similar rock. This experience has been quite interesting for me. For those who are unaware, this year has done nothing but throw me lemons. My one break from the stresses of this crazy world has been this entire experience and I love it. What comes next… who knows only The OOA? That is the great wonder of this entire thing – through fear and paranoia it keeps me going… why? am I sick? Maybe. Am I twisted? Absolutely! As long as this continues and the story grows, I continue to be intrigued, engaged, and weirdly enough happy.

Bring it on Three. I await to see your strangeness and your guidance. I continue my _path towards enlightenment and I anticipate the light!

GLORY BE!

Profile photo of Lucus
    Lucus
    Participant

from what ive read recenTly it seems tHe first mention of this heAd device was way bacK at the begiNning. haS TheRe been any recent contact wIth the investigator bob jones? sinCe i thinK he talks about it. maYbe im mixing things up again. I agree Neil, Tension rents alot of space in my head as well. I think we are all a little twisted. I probably would have been drinking the punch though instead of the sealed water. Lol. Good to see you on here again.

Profile photo of JoeKaye
    JoeKaye
    Participant

I can’t believe I’m actually pissed I’m on vacation. I want OOA adventures too!

I’m so happy I decided to pop into the forums today. Yesterday was so full of family activities that I had no time whatsoever to devote here. I managed to find about an hour today so here I am! This letter was so fascinating. 4 was a real card huh? I’m going to miss the sassy assy posts. Though I must say I’m waiting with bated breath for us to be virtually acquainted with III.
    You guys are all amazing and I wish I could do much more right now but alas, I’m still in a paradise of sorts. I’ll return Tuesday late late late so hopefully I’ll be able to jump in on an adventure soon!
    *wink* *nudge* *hands everyone a brownie*

Oh yes, and of course, GLORY BE!

• This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by Profile photo of JoeKaye JoeKaye.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register