Haunt(er)

Tension brand Forums OFF TOPIC Haunt(er)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ReidV ReidV 7 years, 11 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of ReidV
    ReidV
    Participant

Hey all,

I was just curious what your favorite haunt/escape experience is? Tension is my first venture outside vanilla haunts so I value all your insights 😉
    (P.S: LA based in particular)

Profile photo of 111_error
    111_error
    Participant

• • •

Profile photo of Jake O
      Jake O
      Participant

agree

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

I guess it really depends on your tastes. What do you consider vanilla? Are you looking for more immersive stuff? More extreme stuff? Fun stuff? Etc etc

LA has everything you could possibly hope for. Extreme wise there’s Blackout and Heretic (which is year round but almost impossible to get tickets)

Immersive has Delusion (which is incredible but they’ve been having location issues). Creep last year was awesome as well, but Delusion is one of the best that mixes immersive mess and a haunt. Alone is also a good immersive piece but they’re straying further from haunt and more into art/theater. Still worth to check out.

Then everything else…fun/scary. One of my faves last year was Motel 6 ft Under in Anaheim. It was REALLY well done and just an all around fun/scary haunt.

If you venture to Vegas (basically la right?). Freakling Brothers. They are a must see for me every year. They also have one of the most brutal extreme haunts called The Victim Experience. It’s life changing. Vegas also has a couple of other really good ones called Hotel Fear and Asylum.

Hope that helps. There’s a ton more but these are my top picks off the top of my head

Profile photo of ReidV
    ReidV
    Participant

Thanks Mike, perusing My Haunt Life made me bring this up actually :)

By vanilla i mean theme park type (knotts, universal, etc.) Its been a tradition to go every year.

I’m down to try everything, seems there is a whole wide world here in LA!

Whats your #1 Mike?

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

Nice! Thanks!

Totally get you and there’s so much more to explore and experience!

My #1, man….that’s like asking a parent who their favorite kid is haha. I have so many and for so many different reasons.

The last 2 years, Evil Twin has been in my top 5 list, but they just announced they’re not doing it this, so that’s a bummer. Blackout, for me, is always a must, but it’s not for everyone. Creep’s first year was last year and was GREAT! So I bet that will be even better this year. Motel Six Ft Under is a must see for me. Also, the Empty Grave in South Orange County. Zombie Joes Urban Death during Halloween is also a must see. They have a maze that leads into the performance and it’s AWESOME. Haunted Hayride is a staple for me (I’m from MA, so hayrides were a part of my upbringing). That is just an all around fun time and definitely recommend it.

Also, if you’re on a budget, there are INCREDIBLE home haunts in the area. Rotten Apple 907 and Sherwood Scare are some of the best. Sherwood Scare didn’t do it last year, but the previous year, it was my favorite haunt that year..out of everything…even the professional haunts. So that’s saying something!

Profile photo of Susie J
    Susie J
    Participant

Heretic. <3. But I’m a messed up cookie.

Profile photo of Mike
      Mike
      Participant

I only mentioned things he could actually get tickets to 😉

Edit – That sounds wrong. What I mean is, it’s super hard to get tickets. He doesn’t sell very many when they go on sale.

Profile photo of Susie J
      Susie J
      Participant

I know the pain, bro. It’s definitely a gamble on whether you can get into an event or not. But once in, it became an obsession for me. Mary made me do it. 😉

Profile photo of Jake O
      Jake O
      Participant

I agree with both you guys. As far as immersive, extreme haunts go Blackout is probably my all time favorite, but it is definitely not for everyone. Heretic, also not for everyone, is probably the most adventurous. The creator is constantly pushing new boundaries and figure out new ways to play with horror scenarios.

On the less extreme side, delusion is probably my favorite, so I’m excited for them to get going again. I agree with mike that evil twin has been one of my favorites the last two years in a row. It’s a bummer they aren’t running this year. Alone has become much less extreme the past couple years. They are leaning more toward the art side of things and their price point has strayed getting pretty high. I think they are worth checking out, but they are not really falling in the horror spectrum anymore.

Once you get bitten by the immersive haunt bug, you can’t stop seeking them out. Be careful, you’re on the precipice of a rabbit hole! 😜

Profile photo of Jake O
      Jake O
      Participant

Also, creeps new one they are previewing at scarela sounds awesome. As well screenshot productions the rope

Profile photo of Rusty
      Rusty
      Participant

@atticus360 I have to jump in and say I am in agreement on what’s already been said in this thread. @mike and @endlesspictures and I often end up in the same place at the same time during the “haunt” adventures. Their summaries are all valid.

One I want to throw in the mix is “immersive theatre” and not haunt. Look up “The Speakeasy Society.” All theatre, usually straight drama but sometimes a little creepy. I LOVE their stuff.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by Profile photo of Rusty Rusty.
      Profile photo of ReidV
      ReidV
      Participant

Nice! I’ll look into it as well.

Profile photo of ReidV
    ReidV
    Participant

Mike no worries, I know what you mean, none for Gretchen Weiners haha.

Profile photo of Susie J
    Susie J
    Participant

Alone: An Existential Haunting is a fun one too.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register