Human Systems- Tension

Tension brand Forums MISC TENSION DISCUSSION Human Systems- Tension

This topic contains 32 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Cody Cody 7 years, 11 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Lucus
    Lucus
    Participant

Dont mean to double post this but this article might be more fitting in this section. http://www.adaptiveaction.org/blog/201408/Four-Principles-of-Change–in-Human-Systems-Tension

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

This stood out to me in that article – “There is tension that emerges as a result of your knowledge or information base” since in the new newsletter, it says “Knowledge is power” in Latin

Profile photo of Jake O
    Jake O
    Participant

very interesting, the info seems to relate. These points seem relevant to things that have been said in the newletters as well:
    Memory: You recognize a difference between your current reality and what you remember. If patterns you remember from your past are unhealthy, painful, or not productive, the tension you feel emerges from your desire to change those patterns or to avoid them in the future.
    Imagination:Considering the patterns that currently exist, how do they compare to the best hopes or worst fears that come from how you can imagine your future?

Profile photo of Lucus
    Lucus
    Participant

What sticks out to me on a second read is memory, knowledge, and imagination are all words used to describe things that contribute to any experience. On a seperate note I believe Ive read that the word experience is derived historically from the concept of experiment.
    Could this also be an elegantly designed tension experiment? Some theorists say “yes”.

Oh Ive also been tossing the idea around that this has to do with our “sixth sense” or “third-eye” which is somehow connected to a light-sensitive gland, the pineal gland. Im putting these ideas together from the puzzle themes and some of the questions from the questionnaire.

Profile photo of Lucus
    Lucus
    Participant

Since this is mostly philisophical speculation I will just continue here. I know its contradicts other posts Ive made but Im just reporting my thoughts and connections as they come to me. Im trying to keep an open mind so I may post things that I agree less/more with as my journey progresses. My mind is ripe for indoctrination or maybe I have multiple personalities… so lets change the term ‘witchhunt’ to something more friendly sounding for a moment like “was it Colonel Mustard in the library with the candlestick?”

To continue the Detractor, Imposter, Injustices topic Id like to make a connection with the 04/25/16 video
    The article (thanks for the post by @ElecticHippo) The Atlantic: People’s Deepest, Darkest Google Searches Are Being Used Against Them”
    In the article it talks about lead generators using personal data to plant specific advertising and information. I began to wonder if maybe the O.O.A is referring to something not specific to The Tension Experience but something more general that plagues the internet. The terms “shilling” and “astroturfing” have come to light.
    (cut and paste definition from wiki for quick convenience)
    A shill, also called a plant or a stooge, is a person who publicly helps or gives credibility to a person or organization without disclosing that they have a close relationship with the person or organization. Shills can carry out their operations in the areas of media, journalism, marketing or other business areas.

Shill typically refers to someone who purposely gives onlookers the impression that they are an enthusiastic independent customer of a seller (or marketer of ideas) for whom they are secretly working. The person or group who hires the shill is using crowd psychology to encourage other onlookers or audience members to purchase the goods or services (or accept the ideas being marketed). Shills are often employed by professional marketing campaigns. “Plant” and “stooge” more commonly refer to any person who is secretly in league with another person or organization while pretending to be neutral or actually a part of the organization he is planted in, such as a magician’s audience, a political party, or an intelligence organization (see double agent).[citation needed]

Shilling is illegal in many circumstances and in many jurisdictions[1] because of the potential for fraud and damage; however, if a shill does not place uninformed parties at a risk of loss, but merely generates “buzz,” the shill’s actions may be legal. For example, a person planted in an audience to laugh and applaud when desired (see claque), or to participate in on-stage activities as a “random member of the audience,” is a type of legal shill.[citation needed]

Shill can also be used pejoratively to describe a critic who appears either all-too-eager to heap glowing praise upon mediocre offerings, or who acts as an apologist for glaring flaws. In this sense, such a critic would be an indirect shill for the industry at large, because said critic’s income is tied to the prosperity of the industry.

(cut and paste definition from wiki for quick convenience)

Astroturfing is the practice of masking the sponsors of a message or organization (e.g., political, advertising, religious or public relations) to make it appear as though it originates from and is supported by a grassroots participant(s). It is a practice intended to give the statements or organizations credibility by withholding information about the source’s financial connection. The term astroturfing is derived from AstroTurf, a brand of synthetic carpeting designed to resemble natural grass, as a play on the word “grassroots.” The implication behind the use of the term is that there are no “true” or “natural” grassroots, but rather “fake” or “artificial” support, although some astroturfing operatives defend the practice
    In political science, it is defined as the process of seeking electoral victory or legislative relief for grievances by helping political actors find and mobilize a sympathetic public, and is designed to create the image of public consensus where there is none.[1][2] Astroturfing is the use of fake grassroots efforts that primarily focus on influencing public opinion and typically are funded by corporations and governmental entities to form opinions.[3] On the Internet, astroturfers use software to mask their identity. Sometimes one individual operates through many personas to give the impression of widespread support for their client’s agenda.[4][5] Some studies suggest astroturfing can alter public viewpoints and create enough doubt to inhibit action.

http://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/Internet-shill
    https://theintercept.com/2014/02/24/jtrig-manipulation/
    Astroturfing, what is it and why it matters
    https://corporatewatch.org/magazine/52/springsummer-2012/online-astroturfing

Alright if you made it this far I have a couple trains of thought. Some applications of this could be harmless and progressive but without awareness it can be difficult to tell the difference. With the growth of Immersive Entertainment and the nature of The Tension Experience in particular these tactics could become a problem. With the influx of fake users, potential spambots, inactive members, and multiple profiles being started we could be in for some challenges inside the forums but outside the O.O.A..
    It could also mean that the Institute is concerned about a member/members who’s sole purpose is to participate and post spoilers for recognition or even money.
    There is also the possibility of imposters who lure members with puzzles that lead to other organizations or events.
    Ive also tossed around the idea that we are all imposters because we are unknowingly distracting each other from enlightenment simply because we dont know the endgame. The reason I think this is because it seems like those who have ascended or are ascending have strict posting rules as though they are being trained and tested in order to help with ettiquette and regulations for the uninitiated.

After this post Ill have to check myself that im not attempting to direct forum topics in my own direction. In my defence I never know where is most appropriate to post, I can usually narrow it down to two or three topics but here we are. Have a good day. I still have one more project for this video Ill put together later. Thanks for your time.

Profile photo of Cody
    Cody
    Participant

Well now. This appears to directly explain tactics I have considdered are potentially being utalized on these forums. I have been hesitant to post anything about it however because enough data has not been aquired.

Back to Human systems tension- amazing read indeed.

Profile photo of Lucus
    Lucus
    Participant

I agree these tactics are being/have been used to create “buzz” and make this a successful endeavor for the Institute. But my main point which I should have maybe stated better is that WE should adopt some of these tactics ourselves on other sites to bring others to feed the The Tension Experience. i think we are being persuaded and rewarded for these actions. (If done correctly!)

Back to Human Systems-Tension, I forgot that the article is a four piece timed release. Part 2 should be out soon.

Profile photo of Lucus
    Lucus
    Participant

I agree these tactics are being/have been used to create “buzz” and make this a successful endeavor for the Institute. But my main point which I should have maybe stated better is that WE should adopt some of these tactics ourselves on other sites to bring others to feed the The Tension Experience. i think we are being persuaded and rewarded for these actions. (If done correctly!)

Back to Human Systems-Tension, I forgot that the article is a four piece release. I wonder if part 2 as anything good?

Profile photo of Lucus
    Lucus
    Participant

This is a great article from the Queen of gaming. If Tension is your first experience this could be a spoiler but mostly it should help show how these projects can be put together, how they evolve, and how participants form communities in order to uncover the storyline.
    http://www.avantgame.com/McGonigal_WhyILoveBees_Feb2007.pdf

This is the future of entertainment. Once you begin to question whether or not this is real it means They are breaking the fourth barrier for you. This is how to get the most out of your experience. Once you begin to cross the forth barrier the experience can become hazardous to health and mind. I suggest some kind of “safe word” something you can tell yourself to remind your brain that it is all part of the experience. I used to crouch in a corner hugging my knees muttering “Its just a Game, Its just a game”. If you are still going mad you can always opt-out. Without the madness however, it can be difficult to fully free your mind.

Profile photo of Lucus
    Lucus
    Participant

http://www.priscillaharing.info/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/How-ARG-changes-reality_Masterthesis_Priscilla_Haring.pdf
    Enjoy the reads, there is something much bigger than we know going on here. What does the O.O.A. really want? Well back to work and back to Watching, I will be back when I can. Until then, Glory Be.

Profile photo of Cody
      Cody
      Participant

Wow! What a phenomenal read! Where/when did you find this fucking gem @ununpentium?

Interesting middle name the author has.
      Yet more coincidence.

I haven’t had the opportunity to read the other one you posted just yet.

Profile photo of Jake O
      Jake O
      Participant

@ununpentium @sovereignskies this is by far my favorite thread! So much interesting reading here. One thing that stick out to me was this quote:
      “If I know it’s a game and you know it’s a game, but IT doesn’t know it’s a game, then we’ve got a conflict.”

This seems to be the approach tension is taking, which I think is fascinating. It definitely helps me how to approach the experience in a more positive way.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by Profile photo of Jake O Jake O.
    Profile photo of Lucus
    Lucus
    Participant

Wow here is an article that really struck a chord. It has it all, light and dark, enlightenment, tension, teachers and students…
    “When you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: You haven’t.”-Thomas Edison

Eudaimonia and the Power of Living in the Tension Between Opposites

Oh that Gem, found that back at the end of October last year while searching for The Tension Experience. Hehe
    I confess I have a stockpile of gems, I fight everyday with my dragon sense to hoard knowledge and use it selfishly.
    Cody, do me a favor and read about the Age of Enlightenment if you can find some time. Let me know what you see.

Profile photo of Lucus
    Lucus
    Participant

Wow here is an article that really struck a chord. It has it all, light and dark, enlightenment, tension, teachers and students…
    “When you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: You haven’t.”-Thomas Edison

Oh that Gem, found that back at the end of October last year while searching for The Tension Experience. Hehe
    I confess I have a stockpile of gems, I fight everyday with my dragon sense to hoard knowledge and use it selfishly.
    Cody, do me a favor and read about the Age of Enlightenment if you can find some time. Let me know what you see.

Profile photo of Lucus
    Lucus
    Participant

That wierd the link I tried to post won’t. Instead I get a black Tension font message with the title of the article in it. The title is ‘Eudaimonia and the Power of Tension Between Opposites’

Did I find something?
    This has never happened before^^
    Is someone/something messing with me finally?
    Yes, a little paranoia.

Profile photo of Jake O
    Jake O
    Participant
      Profile photo of Jake O
      Jake O
      Participant

Same thing happened to me! No link. Perhaps they are blocking links for some reason?

That article is a great read! You can find it by searching for the title

Profile photo of Cody
    Cody
    Participant

Bam!

Profile photo of Lucus
    Lucus
    Participant

Thank you Jake O. I was wondering if it was just me. Can I tell you a secret… I think THEY are deliberately drawing attention away from this thread for good reason. But then again I am pretty paranoid.

Profile photo of Cody
      Cody
      Participant

hehehehehe

Profile photo of Cody
    Cody
    Participant

Perhaps we need to MELLOW out. 😁

Profile photo of Cody
    Cody
    Participant

This is definitely my favorite thread as well @endlesspictures. So much creativity and ideas for COMMUNITY building.

Profile photo of Lucus
    Lucus
    Participant

@thegilded I was wondering if you could help with some input on what happened in the above posts where the links wouldn’t work. I know this thread will start to look a little silly but try to post the link yourself and then when you try to edit the post or (go back) the title will appear in a black box with white tension text for a split second (click forward to see it again) but then the link is a large blank space. Is there something in the code of this link that is triggeredwhen it is posted on these forums. Appreciate any insight you might have.

Profile photo of Cody
    Cody
    Participant

I had attempted to draw his attention to that earlier via PM and sent you a message as well luc. But PM’s are down so that was a no go.

@ununpentium – Sorry, I haven’t really been keeping up with the thread. What’s been happening? I’m afraid I didn’t quite understand based off your post

Profile photo of Lucus
    Lucus
    Participant

my bad just scroll up to the posts with large blank spots. The title of the article in question is ‘Eudaimonia and the Power of Tension Between Opposites’

Oh that’s weird. My guess is that the site recognized it as an article and is trying to load it as an iframe but the forum doesn’t really support that. When you linked it, did you just copy/paste the URL or did you use the “Link” button at the top of the message box?

Profile photo of Lucus
    Lucus
    Participant

copy and paste.

It’s probably some weird link parsing. Use the link button next time and you should be alright

Profile photo of Lucus
    Lucus
    Participant

copy and paste. I’m not sure how to use those buttons. Haha. So it could be nothing but a technical difference?

Profile photo of Lucus
    Lucus
    Participant
      Profile photo of Jake O
      Jake O
      Participant

Glory Be! Thank you @thegilded for helping us. We’re pointing to intellectually significant things, but don’t have the technological savvy.

Profile photo of Cody
      Cody
      Participant

Human Systens Tension thread just cant get no love. lol.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register