I am terrified – 6/24/16

Tension brand Forums INTERACTIONS WITH THE OOA I am terrified – 6/24/16

This topic contains 54 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Amie Amie 7 years, 9 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of TheBuz
    TheBuz
    Participant

I swear on my life that what I’m about to tell you really just happened.

I know that there are many rumblings among the participants that @kasch and I are apart of the OOA and the Tension Experience as a whole but those of you who have spoken to me in person and through private messages and phone conversations I’d hope that you trust me at this point.

So I am at the office working today, having myself a smoke break out back when I see Kasch is calling me. For those who don’t know, Andrew and I are very close and have been friends for over 10 years. He’s also the reason I joined this godforsaken thing.

So him calling me is nothing weird or out of the ordinary. Let me be perfectly clear… My iPhone said “Andrew Kasch is calling” with his photo that I have attached to his contact coming up. So I answer.

What I hear is Andrew’s voice but it’s coming through speakers. And it’s Kasch talking about me and how he told someone we’re best friends… I quickly realize it is Andrew on @nking‘s podcast talking about The Tension Experience and specifically me. The story of how we’re best buds, how they got his phone and that’s how they got my number, that’s how they called me before I ever put in my information on the questionnaire.

At first I was like “Oh yeah, been meaning to listen to this.” But there was no response… just the stop and play of the podcast. I started to go “Dude? Dude… what the fuck?”

And then finally I said “Andrew!?” and a deep and intent whisper responded with “Noooo.” And the line went dead.

Okay, so Andrew is fucking with me. The jerk. So I call him right back.

“Real funny. Why did you do that?”
    “What are you talking about?”

It’s at this point I now hear the sound of wind rushing by, his wife talking, and baby crying in the back seat. The previous call was silent. No atmospheric noise.

ANDREW DID NOT CALL ME FROM HIS OWN FUCKING NUMBER.

He has been on the road since this morning with his family driving to a vacation spot. And there is no way he would be able to keep my goddaughter quiet during the previous call.

Still don’t believe me?

Here’s the screen shots from our phones.

Buz Phone
    That’s my phone. Notice the call at 1:33pm for 54 seconds?

Here’s Andrew’s
    Buz Phone
    Only one incoming call from me… immediately following the other call.

Guys… I honestly have no clue how they did this. None.

I swear on my life I am not making this up or pulling anyones chain. I am apart of this game just like the rest of you and this is the first time that I am genuinely unnerved by the actions of the OOA.

Watch who’s calling you. Nothing is what it seems.

• This topic was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by Profile photo of TheBuz TheBuz.
    • This topic was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by Profile photo of TheBuz TheBuz. Reason: Resubmitted photos
    Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

You might want to edit out your number and Andrew’s work number :)

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

Also…I’m glad I know what you eat now 😉

hahaha you’re amazing Buz

• This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by Profile photo of Mike Mike.
    Profile photo of Mustafa Said
    Mustafa Said
    Participant

OMFG THAT SOUNDS FREAKING INSANE.
    like, as someone who’s reading this and have it not happen to him, this is just plain awesome to me. Cranking up the horror to straight up 11.
    in your case, this must be maddening.

Profile photo of Melissa
    Melissa

That’s so crazy! Also, your phone icon is hilarious.

Profile photo of TheBuz
    TheBuz
    Participant

I removed the photos. Good call Mike. Even though nothing is private around these parts. If you want to see them hit me up.

Also I had no idea that Andrew still had that as his icon photo for me. I don’t even remember taking that.

But it is true.

Technique used is likely Caller ID spoofing. If Tension’s working on this technique, that unfortunately means that we can not longer trust our contacts list as filters for who we can and cannot 100% trust over the phone

Profile photo of Addison Born
      Addison Born
      Participant

Ohhhh man. so much for jumping on calls from blocked numbers, now ANY CALL could be from Tension? This is so cool.

Profile photo of
      Anonymous

I…did not think of it that way. When you put it that way it sounds a LOT creepier than it did to me five minutes ago.

Profile photo of Nosnevets
      Nosnevets
      Participant

Might also mean that it’s a bust for the Sony connection… Any number we have hay be spoofed.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

OMG THAT IS AWESOME.

Profile photo of Rusty
    Rusty
    Participant

Hey… I posted this in another thread… I must have been typing at same time @thebuz. Sharing it here, as well.

I just received a phone call from @mike… but it was NOT him.

Even though the call was tagged as his phone, when the call ended I immediately verified it was NOT him calling.

It was VERY short.

I answered. When I said “Hello,” I heard Mike’s voice speaking. It was a playback of the first video posted on Facebook from the Bob Jones meetings… this was the video where Mike’s original statements were apparently altered before it was posted.

The audio continued for a few seconds and then the call disconnected

Someone is playing games…………….

Profile photo of TheBuz
      TheBuz
      Participant

THANK GOD!

I was afraid no one would believe me.

Shit legit just got real.

Profile photo of Jake O
      Jake O
      Participant

this is awesome, I didn’t know this was possible outside of movies. way to go tension!

Profile photo of Rusty
      Rusty
      Participant

@thebuz I gotta admit… is was a bit unnerving when I realized what was going on!!!

Profile photo of Amie
    Amie
    Participant

Well that is unexpected! Also, lol Body Snatchers! I can’t wait to see what comes of this for others!

Profile photo of TheBuz
    TheBuz
    Participant

FUCK!

. Screwed up the link on the OP for photos.

buz phone

You know what I find most unnerving about this?

That you have 19 unheard voicemails. Dude, you gotta deal with that

Profile photo of Jake O
      Jake O
      Participant

seriously, my wife usually has about 16,267 unread emails on her phone. it unnerves me to no end

Profile photo of TheBuz
      TheBuz
      Participant

They are all transfer from when I updated my phone and 6 of them are from a friend who is no longer with us and I haven’t brought myself to relisten to them yet.

Profile photo of Michelle
      Michelle
      Participant

Hugs Buz. x That’s rough.

Mustafa Said
    Participant

@thebuz I think III just admitted he may have done this…or at least that he might have been involved.

“the clock has been wound, buz with one Z
    i am wide awake
    it only gets worse from here”

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

Remember yesterday when people started getting calls from a new number and everyone asked to post it, and then people started calling it? Well…this solves that problem.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

This is totally badass.

But what’s the point? What are possible reasons to game your phone and play back a podcast.

Just to mess with you? It worked, but is there any additional purpose that’s connected to the story aside from III being a school grade phone freaker?

Profile photo of Mike
      Mike
      Participant

Paranoia…nothing is safe/comforting anymore. You may think you’re getting a call from a friend/loved one and then BAM it’s the OOA

The purpose of this all is to increase Tension, not necessarily to advance the “story”. Judging by these reactions, they’re accomplishing their objective

Profile photo of
      Anonymous

I hear both of those points @thegilded and @mike. And it sounds pretty cool.

It just strikes me as lacking context. especially since I’m desperately trying to understand the context, and aside from the Pavlovian dynamic of “if you publicize Tension then Tension will reach out to you” reward system, I struggle with a greater point.

Profile photo of TheBuz
      TheBuz
      Participant

Andrew is my best bud so for them to play us against each other definitely raises the stakes.

Profile photo of
      Anonymous

But they didn’t play you against one another. They played a prank. A good cool prank. What’s the purpose of it?

Profile photo of TheBuz
      TheBuz
      Participant

Well you’re coming into this now but for the last few months Andrew has been a major suspect to working with the OOA. I personally know for a fact that isn’t true (dude works in TV and has a kid and another on the way).

That being said… what better way for them to plant a seed in my head that maybe I’m wrong then to do this.

Luckily I’m too clever for that and the evidence speaks for itself.

Possible “purposes” off the top of my head:

1. Testing a new “tool” that they’ll use more and more once Tension gets “started”
      2. Display of power, as @reaton said. Just to prove that they have other tricks up their sleeve that we didn’t know about
      3. Mood/tone setting
      4. Increasing paranoia by removing our ability to trust contact lists

Not everything needs to be progressing towards a goal or towards a greater point, especially not at the point where we’re at now. It might just be as simple as doing a thing because it’s cool. Clearly the two that received these spoofed calls thought it was

Profile photo of Mike
      Mike
      Participant

Also, at one of the events, they asked to unlock our phones and hand them over. They then proceeded to tell us how quick you can download information from a phone. So for those of us who went to that, this is a seed they had planted that is now starting to grow.

Profile photo of TheBuz
      TheBuz
      Participant

Yeah… “cool.”

Profile photo of Rusty
      Rusty
      Participant

@jeromy Interesting point.

@thebuz, your audio was about Andrew’s friendship with you? When I heard @mike on my call, it was the (altered) recording stating he was a member of the Church of Anoch.

@thegilded I believe you are probably correct, that this is a display of “power” in some manner to get us unnerved. (Mission accomplished.)
      But, there is a slight chance the specific choice of audio may have some meaning that is not clear, yet. Only time will tell…

Profile photo of Ezi
      Ezi
      Participant

Maybe they are just enjoying messing with us! If I had access to that it would be a really fun tool to get into peoples heads with and mess around.

Profile photo of Ezi
    Ezi
    Participant

The level of access tension has is seriously unnerving!

Mustafa Said
    Participant

So far, @thebuz and @rusty have gotten odd phone calls. Wonder who else is next.

Profile photo of Ezi
      Ezi
      Participant

Who else are people that are close in real life that are doing tension together? That seems to be the link between the two calls.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

My phone rang, but it actually WAS the person my phone said it was. :)
    I’m impressed, Tension.

Profile photo of
      Anonymous

For clarification since I can no longer edit the above post – there were two separate thoughts here. My phone DID ring, I DID jump, and it wasn’t Tension.

And I *AM* genuinely impressed. Not joking or being sarcastic. Truth.

Profile photo of Cody
    Cody
    Participant

Hmmm. Thus has happened to me before in the past. Funny shit since nobody believed it possible when I mentioned it. Except Sean. Sean mentioned it could be possible with a lot of effort.
    Well, hate to say I told ya so but…. 😉

Profile photo of Andrew Kasch
    Andrew Kasch
    Participant

How insane is this?!?!

Now I will be beyond paranoid if I see Buz call me.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

So, here’s a question maybe for @thegilded – does the person doing the spoofing need to have the phone number of the incoming call?
    Did they need to choose to disguise themselves as Kasch for Buz?

Profile photo of Ezi
      Ezi
      Participant

I’m no expert, but from quick scan of the link explaining it someone posted it seems that they had to decide to make the call look like a specific number.

Profile photo of
      Anonymous

Totally didn’t see the link. Thanks.

I was mostly wondering the likelihood of this reaching me – they’ve never had my phone in their possession.
      Now I’m mentally going through the list of people I might have talked about whose numbers are easily found online.

Profile photo of prufrock5150
    prufrock5150
    Participant

View post on imgur.com

^

View post on imgur.com

• This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by Profile photo of prufrock5150 prufrock5150.
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I don’t get it. Did I say something wrong?

I am terrified -Buz

Terrified. Interesting word choice.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Dang that’s creepy.

Profile photo of MColyard
    MColyard
    Participant

I received a phone call like 3 days ago.

A woman, heavy accent.

What is crazy, I was scared away by the questionnaire, so I never gave them my number. So when she called I flipppppped.

Then I realized today that I sent them an email when they were first announced and my number was on my email sign off!

lol

Profile photo of Amie
      Amie
      Participant

Welcome @mcolyard! I can’t remember hearing about a woman with a heavy accent before, would you mind giving a little more info? What type of accent, and what did she say to you? Did she give a name or say who she was with? Very cool!

Profile photo of TheBuz
    TheBuz
    Participant

Got another call from a San Diego number.

It was a bunch of creepy sounds then a little girl laughing.

THEN… it said “YOU’VE BEEN PRANKED BY CALL SPIN, SOMEONE YOU KNOW WANTED YOU TO GET PRANKED. IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO BE PRANKED, PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE.”

Don’t know if Tension related and they fucked up not thinking that the call would have that at the end or if someone was legit trying to prank me.

Some what lowered my TENSION.

When I called the number back it just said go to http://callspin.com/

Profile photo of Susie J
      Susie J
      Participant

As far as pranking goes, I like glitter bombs. 🎊

Profile photo of prufrock5150
      prufrock5150
      Participant

…This explains EVERYTHING!

Profile photo of Amie
      Amie
      Participant

This wasn’t quite the glitter bomb I was expecting. 😉 It’s still funny after all this time.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register