I got a visit!

This topic contains 28 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Susie J Susie J 7 years, 8 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of MColyard
    MColyard
    Participant

About an hour ago I received a phone call form a blocked number, since I haven’t had much interaction with Tension since I live out of town I wasn’t even thinking about it.

I picked up, a man on the other end began reading me my address, and asked me to confirm it was indeed “my address”. I confirmed, and then asked me if I was home. I told him I was. He hung up.

Literally 20 minutes later there is knock on my door, and a man (who I semi recognize… actor????), well dressed, had a briefcase introduced himself as Omega salvage something. The second I opened the door, he opened the briefcase, and pulled out a bag of sand. It was in a ziplock baggy. He cut a hole in the bag and let the sand start to pour out in my hand.

I am sure I am messing up his next words but he said something like “We do not need an hour glass to measure time. Her time is running out.”

He handed me the bag, and then turned and left, before I could ask him any questions.

Inside the bag was a handwritten note that I couldn’t see until all the sand had run out.

eeeeekkkkkkkkk!

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

Profile photo of Ezi
    Ezi
    Participant

That’s awesome!!! Can you make out what’s written on it, it seems to be another language?

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

Holy crap that rules! They’re still pulling tricks out of their hats this late in the game. Amazing.

Congrats!

Profile photo of Rusty
    Rusty
    Participant

What a creepy way to send a message! (Creepy and awesome!)

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

Also @mcolyard – remember when you said this

I’ve done ARG’s before, but never have people shown up at other peoples house.

😀

Profile photo of 111_error
      111_error
      Participant

XD

– This rules.

[edit] I translated it. It says “Buy a fucking ticket” in Elvish.

Profile photo of creepsociety
    creepsociety
    Participant

So insanely jealous. This rules.

Profile photo of Andrew Kasch
    Andrew Kasch
    Participant

Wow!

Just a thought: The Sentinel logo sure looks like an hour glass…

• This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by Profile photo of Andrew Kasch Andrew Kasch.
    Profile photo of Susie J
    Susie J
    Participant

Possibly Cyrillic?

*wonders if it’s awkward to strike up a convo with her boy crush in NY who was learning German and Russian just for translation purposes*

Profile photo of
      Anonymous

Cyrillic = Russian? As in, someone who speaks Russian should be able to read this?

Profile photo of Susie J
      Susie J
      Participant

Just a guess. I’m not used to seeing handwritten Cyrillic.

Profile photo of Nate
      Nate
      Participant

I’m almost certain Cyrillic is more backwards than that. I think that’s just the regular old Latin alphabet.
      Also, Elvish looks like Arabic, if I’m not mistaken.

Profile photo of Nate
      Nate
      Participant

Upon further research, Susie, I think you’re absolutely right! My apologies! I can’t get words atm, but it’s apparently Cyrillic script, I guess like cursive.

Profile photo of
      Anonymous

If it’s Cyrillic, and if Cyrillic = Russian, then I just emailed the photo to my Ukrainian friend who also speaks Russian. However, she lives in Paris and I don’t know what time it is there, so it may take a minute.

Profile photo of Susie J
      Susie J
      Participant

My husband and I had a short dispute about it being in Cyrillic. When @nate31464 confirmed I said, “See? I have an eye for languages!” And immediately poked myself in the eye. 0_<

Profile photo of _Michael Gray
    _Michael Gray
    Participant

This is so awesome! One of the more memorable in person visits for sure!! Does anybody know what the writing says?

Profile photo of Melissa
    Melissa

DUDE! That is so cool @mcolyard !!

Can you do a favor a take a pic where the text is horizontal pretty please?

Profile photo of Ezi
    Ezi
    Participant

I got it figured out!!! Do you guys still want to work on it, or should I post the answer?

Profile photo of Melissa
      Melissa

I only speak for myself here. Post the solution please.

Profile photo of Ezi
    Ezi
    Participant

It’s Serbian немащ вище времена! which translates to: You’re out of time!

Profile photo of 111_error
      111_error
      Participant

You win. Good work, and thanks for sharing.

Profile photo of Melissa
    Melissa

Five point to Ravenclaw @lenize!

Profile photo of Ezi
    Ezi
    Participant

If I had known it was Serbian in the beginning I would have just shown it to my housemate (who’s just happen to be Serbian), lol, and saved myself a lot of trouble! I have to give credit though to those that figured out it was Cyrillic. I used that as my starting point.

Profile photo of Susie J
      Susie J
      Participant

Thank you @lenize! 😁

The current message is all urgency.

Profile photo of Andrew Kasch
    Andrew Kasch
    Participant

Does this mean we are all going to
    wind up in A Serbian Film?

Profile photo of Ezi
      Ezi
      Participant

Now that’s a scary thought!

Profile photo of Blondie
    Blondie
    Participant

Soooo… why Serbian? Is it a sign to Addison that they know where she is? We know she fled Germany, so is she now hiding in Serbia?

Profile photo of Susie J
      Susie J
      Participant

Maybe the faction that is pursuing her a the Serbian arm of whatever the opposing force is. We still haven’t determined who is after her and/or the book. The clear implication is that this is not some quaint American cult. It’s an established….. Mythos? I guess is the best word I can come up with – that spans back to the Pan-European Motherland/Old Countries. As with many stories with ancient histories the American chapter which we all entered into is just the latest in the many escapades spanning the world. They came here, threw out roots and lo and behold it looks like the culmination of their prophecy just might occur on our Golden Shores. (Hysterical chanting of “USA! USA!” Begins in the background).

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Dang that’s cool! Now if only my caller would show up….
    Also I wonder why you’re out of time.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register