I'm New!

This topic contains 104 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Humanoid Humanoid 7 years, 3 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Humanoid
    Humanoid
    Participant

Hai~ I really want so advice from people, or like an explanation on everything. I’m looking through the forms and I’m a bit lost, perhapse I’m just slowβ•₯﹏β•₯

• This topic was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by Profile photo of Melissa Melissa.

Well first of all, welcome. If you want a general overview type of explanation, I wrote this up a little while back that at least should set the mood for what it is you’re getting into.

As for more details, that becomes a more complicated question. What, specifically, are you lost on? Some of the more puzzle-based questions might be solved through Mike’s excellent write-up found here but depending on where you’re lost, some of that may not make sense

Humanoid
    Participant

@thegilded Thank you! I’ll check both links out, I honestly did want an overview and I guess I was confused when I checked out the Facebook page for this site.

The whole thing’s pretty confusing. Check ’em out, and we’re all here if you are still confused or don’t understand something

Humanoid
    Participant

Okay than you again, oh and what are the ticket thingy for? @thegild

Right now we aren’t sure. We suspect that it’s for something happening in the Fall, and more information is expected to be released July 1st, but all that we know for sure is that only those Accepted by the OOA will be invited to get them.

Humanoid
    Participant

What is OOA? And how does that even work? @thegilded

The OOA is the Organization that hosts this website, created the questionnaire, controls who Ascends and who doesn’t, they’re in control of near everything behind “The Tension Experience”.

And how does what work?

Humanoid
    Participant

@thegilded I meant how does being chosen work? And have you been “as ended”? I was looking at the fb page again and it looks like diff people are chosen but I’m kinda confused on that.

Ah, got it. That’s something that we’re trying to work towards finding the answer. The basic gist of it is this:

The OOA is an organization that has rules, a structure, teachings, and rituals. They’re very guarded about their secrets, and have many enemies, so they only reveal their truths to select individuals. All of us are Disciples of the Beginning, meaning that we are all on a Path set forth by the OOA to one day be selected (through a process called Ascension) to become members of the OOA.

The fact that you’re here at all means you’ve begun your Path, and that is a joyous thing. It means that you are curious about the truths that the OOA and the Oracles (revered beings within the OOA structure) have to offer. The details of what the Oracles have to offer is something we’re trying very hard to unravel, but we have to walk the Path before we can even begin to understand.

It’s a bit confusing, but does any of that make sense? A few of us have been “chosen” in that they are farther along in the Path than others and have received honors for it. But none of us have fully Ascended yet, that’s reserved for a select few and will likely come far later in our Path

Humanoid
    Participant

@thegilded Ohhh I now understand what you are saying. If everything is so puzzled how do you know your on the right path? How do you know what you are looking for? Or if it right? And are you suppose to get an answer after filling out the servey?

See now you’re asking the right questions. We have some OOA officers on the forums here that guide us when we do something explicitly wrong, (the OOA has a subdivision of their Organization called Gatekeepers that are the first and last word on when something is going wrong and needs to be corrected, and we’ve had interactions with a member named Light2Dark that has helped guide us on our Path a bit).

However, most of our teachings come from information that the OOA puts out. Videos, newsletters, messages, things like that. Within those messages, hidden messages can often be found and as Light2Dark has implied, our discovery of these hidden messages help us further our Path.

If you want an example of that, the Main page has a button that, when clicked, leads you to a page with 5 weird symbols and a bunch of weird letters. That begins a series of puzzles that ends with a video that shows us what the process of Ascension actually entails. That kind of thing is how we normally receive the OOA’s lessons.

Many people got “Thank you for submitting” emails after submitting the questionnaire. Some people didn’t. Some people got more personalized, direct emails a few days after they submitted theirs. It isn’t really consistent. If you haven’t heard anything back after a few days, you may want to consider re-submitting a questionnaire

Humanoid
    Participant

The message I got after submitting was something like you may hear from us soon or something around that.

@thegilded and I’m really slow with puzzles and stuff lol so this will not be easy in the slitest. I feel like I’m still missing something. Do you understand the point of the questionnaire? And what if you can’t figure out clues you are ment to find?

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

o hai @humanoid and welcome! It’s definitely a whirlwind of information when you’re new. Luckily @thegilded is on top of it and has been giving you awesome information. This is the right place to ask and everyone on the forums is stoked and excited about this. So any questions, definitely ask :)

You should definitely check out the newsletters if you haven’t. That can give you a brief run down on the OOA and what’s happening. The March newsletter is on their Facebook and the April newsletter is on this site, but you have to find it. Definitely unrelated, you should call the phone number on the main page of this site πŸ˜‰

Other than that, if you start following everything now, keep track of all the social media outlets as there are messages and clues that get posted. Also, fill out the questionnaire if you haven’t already.

Oh, then it sounds like you got the confirmation that many others did, don’t worry. Also, don’t worry about the feeling like you’re missing something, due to the nature of the OOA’s messages being hidden, we all feel like we’re missing something. We’re all continuously searching through everything that’s presented to us to see if there’s a hidden message contained within, but there’s no guarantee that we’re not missing something major.

If you can’t figure out clues, that’s what the forum is for. Most of us have solved many of the obvious puzzles out there, so many of us can help either through topics like this one or through private messages.

As for the questionnaire, we aren’t fully sure what the point is, but we are sure that the OOA wants us to take a good, long look at who we are, and who we think we are. It is likely that the OOA wants people with certain beliefs or personalities, and the questionnaire is a good way to get that information, but that’s still unverified at this time.

Humanoid
    Participant

Alright thank you @mike and about the phone number, I actually called it earlier this day and I don’t know if its the same for everyone but every out come pointed back to this website. So there’s that.

And jeez that’s a lot of stuff to keep up with, I don’t use twitter so hopefully I won’t have to keep up with that? But everything else I can. I’m actually excited to get started on my research. I’m quite interested in all this and I really appreciate you taking the time to reply to this😊

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

@humanoid – no problem! Ok, so I’m assuming you found the April newsletter then :)

It is a lot, but not too bad. If you miss something, someone on the forums will make a post about it usually, so you’ll never really miss anything.

Humanoid
    Participant

@thegilded lol of they are looking for specific people on certain things I’m probably totally out of the question. I answered super honestly and I obviously put that I’m a Christian and many of my answers contain that faith within them soooo yeah.

Humanoid
    Participant

Is the newsletter the picture looking document? @mike

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

@humanoid – if it has blue print, then yes :)

Humanoid
    Participant

Oops looking at the wrong thing
    (γ₯οΏ£ Β³οΏ£)γ₯ @mike

I’m lost again lol

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by Profile photo of Humanoid Humanoid.

@humanoid – I wouldn’t be so quick to count yourself out. Many of the Disciples come from many different walks of life, and the OOA has been pretty welcoming so far.

I’d doubt very much that your Christianity would be enough to disqualify you at this stage

Humanoid
    Participant

I guess(´Ρ`*) @thegilded

Humanoid
    Participant

Can you be of both faith? Or is that frowned upon? @thegilded

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

@humanoid – you said you called the number on the main page correct? Call again and listen until to the end (after whatever choices you make). Pay attention to the end and where to go from there

@humanoid – Right now we aren’t sure. Nothing has explicitly come around to say that any of the OOA’s teachings are at odds with Christian dogma.

We know that the OOA is showing us that our current lives are filled with filth – overexposure to media, addiction to technology, that sort of thing. But religion has not been brought up as of yet.

Humanoid
    Participant

@thegilded Oh ok, and how are we suppose to break our “addiction with technology” if we are pretty much always on it to stay update with this stuff??

And okay, I’ll keep that in mind again @mike

@humanoid – An excellent question that was just brought up today. I don’t have a good answer for that. My theory is that the OOA is showing us our addiction through our addiction before helping us deal with it later.

I’m not certain just yet, but I am certain that it will all be revealed further along the Path if we stick with it.

Humanoid
    Participant

Did any of you get a phone call on the day you did the questionnaire??? @mike @thegilded

@humanoid – No one ever got one day-of, as far as I know. Why, did you?

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

@humanoid – I didn’t. Did you get a call today?

Humanoid
    Participant

So a restricted number called and i ignored it and then it called again and i answerwd. It sounded like a automated young Asian girl. I can’t remember every word she said cause I was with my family but its said something like “I’m glad you chose this journey, we will be watching you” @thegilded

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

Nice!! the people at the OOA are definitely on top of things. They see all!

Haha that’s one thing you’re going to have to get used to – the OOA sees a lot more than you might originally think. Sounds like they’ve taken a liking to you though, congratulations!

Humanoid
    Participant

Thank you but how do they see all? Im still trying to understand. @mike @thegilded

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

@humanoid – that’s a good question. They have said things to things to people regarding things they have said on this forum/Facebook/etc. Things that one would think didn’t mean anything at the time, but were brought up randomly either in emails or phone calls.

Humanoid
    Participant

So every word counts basically? @mike

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

@humanoid – it really does…good or bad.

Humanoid
    Participant

Okay makes sense. I’m actually a bit frightened from the phone call haha @mike

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

@humanoid – it’s understandable. A lot of people are not used to experiences like this. There’s a lot of personalization. With that being said, I think that fright will turn into excitement, especially when you start nerding out on the puzzles and posts with us.

Humanoid
    Participant

Yes of course! I’m excited but scared at the same time lol @mike

Humanoid
    Participant

I usually have anxiety answering phone calls anyway

@humanoid – Don’t be afraid! Also, definitely answer any phonecall with no caller ID as long as you’re involved.

Humanoid
    Participant

Okay! Noted! I totally thought someone was gonna give me some sort of death note! @thegilded

@humanoid – As far as we know, the OOA has nothing to do with either Mr. Yagami or any form of Shinigami

Profile photo of Mike
      Mike
      Participant

I really hope more people get this reference :)

Profile photo of Melissa
      Melissa

I’ll take a potato chip AND EAT IT!!!!!

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by Profile photo of Melissa Melissa.
      Profile photo of Erin
      Erin
      Participant

I’m gonna go put OOA logos on some apples now.

Profile photo of Addison Born
      Addison Born
      Participant

omg yes

Humanoid
    Participant

Yes yes I do got it lol! @mike and @thegilded

Profile photo of Jake O
    Jake O
    Participant

@humanoid while there hasn’t been anything to explicitly be scared of so far. this experience does appear to live in the world of horror.
    I’m not trying to make you deviate from your _path. Just want you to know that this experience may contain things that people may not like if they are not into being scared or horror movie related themes

Humanoid
    Participant

No I get it, I just don’t want anyone showing up at my house lol @jakeO

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by Profile photo of Humanoid Humanoid.
    Profile photo of Jake O
    Jake O
    Participant

@humanoid cool, just wanted to double check. You should be good about people showing up at your house, at least until you sign a waiver at some point. although, not being 100% certain is part of the fun (insert evil laugh here) 😜

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by Profile photo of Jake O Jake O.
      Humanoid
      Participant

πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ˜‚

Profile photo of CharlieD
      CharlieD
      Participant

It doesn’t sound like you’re ready to find the light if that’s your biggest concern :(

Humanoid
    Participant

I’m merely curious and am researching. I’m sorry if I’m a concerned human being… @charlied

This is all very new for me.

CharlieD
      Participant

Don’t be sorry. You will find the light when you are ready.

Humanoid
      Participant

Thank you. Who wouldn’t be a little frightened at first? @charlied

CharlieD
      Participant

Don’t fear the light :)

Humanoid
    Participant

Thank You:) @charlied

Profile photo of DtheZombie
    DtheZombie
    Participant

@humanoid Welcome to Tension!

Humanoid
    Participant

@dthezombie Thank You for welcoming me! I feel a lot better in this community with you guys! @mike @dthezombie & @thegilded

Humanoid
    Participant

oh and im very stuck with solving the eye chart puzzle @mike @thegilded

@humanoid – Ah, the vision test. Seems like everyone gets stuck there. Look closely, take notes of what you see. If you can’t solve it, there’s literally something you aren’t seeing

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

@humanoid – thank you :)

For the eye chart puzzle…focus on the things that seem out of place on the chart.

Humanoid
    Participant

ugh all I see that sticks out is http D: @thegilded

@humanoid – Look closely. I know you’ll see more than that.

Humanoid
    Participant

yeah no all i see are letters and numbers haha @mike @thegilded omg wait will i have to type a link??

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

@humanoid – only one way to find out :)

Humanoid
    Participant

ugh i hate surprises! @mike

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

Think of it more as a “discovery” than a surprise

Humanoid
    Participant

i tried it and i’m back at square one @mike

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

@humanoid – you know what you need to do….look closely and realize what usually follows “http”

Humanoid
    Participant

I GOT IT!! @mike & @thegilded

Humanoid
    Participant

is there another puzzle after this one? @mike

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

@humanoid – Good job! for that specific thing, no. There is a new puzzle from the other day though. If you look at @gatekeeper5 s latest post on the forums or the letter on Facebook (they say the same thing), there is another message included in it

Humanoid
    Participant

okay I’ll check it out tomorrow, I need to rest. Thank You all so much for helping me out today<3 @mike @thegilded @charlied

@humanoid Congratulations! You’ll see the Light in no time

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Hi guys, came here from iHorror article. Still catching up but I am old school ARG from back in the A.I. days. Not sure if this is exactly the same flavor but consider me on board! Some of this stuff is wild. I’m loving reading the personal accounts.

@mrohio Welcome! Many of us have arrived here from the ARG communities. Let us know what we can do to assist you in getting all caught up πŸ˜€

Profile photo of
      Anonymous

Thank you so much. I ran out of time for some of the more immersive ones after ILB but this one is too interesting not to check out.

I just did the eye chart and got the video! Whoah. Glory be indeed. Was there a puzzle for the weekend events too? I’ll check out the podcasts tomorrow at work.

@mrohio Nicely done with the eye chart!

The simple answer to your question, is no we don’t have a new puzzle to go along with this weekend’s event. The more complete answer is, we might have a piece of a new puzzle in the form of a series of numbers a couple event invitees received. Unfortunately, it doesn’t feel like we can do much with the numbers due to circumstances that didn’t allow them to be written down accurately.

Do check out the My Haunt Life podcast. Our very own @mike and @reaton do a really fun job describing all sorts of great events, including Tension.

Profile photo of
      Anonymous

Definitley will with those podcasts, how cool the members are on here too. Hey guys looking forward to putting you in my ears tomorrow. LOL

It’s too bad we might be missing a piece with those numbers but it sounded pretty intense. I don’t think I could have handed over my phone!

Oh man, I need to get to bed but I keep pouring through everything!

Last one, any big unsolved mysteries yet?

Profile photo of Mike
      Mike
      Participant

@mrohio – we love being inside other members….wait…uhh…umm…nevermind

Welcome to the forums. Don’t want to assume because of your name, but are you in CA?

For unsolved mysteries…we’re not sure. There’s a list on reddit about things that “could” be unsolved puzzles. Check it out here

Profile photo of
      Anonymous

Hey now! Lol.

Ha, nah just outside of Akron. I’ve been to Disneyland though, think the OOA goes there? :)

Thanks bud! I don’t have a Reddit but I’ll definitley check that out too.

Hmm, well, the biggest unsolved mystery is: What even is this place?! Who even are these people1? Seriously, there is so much unknown at this point. All I can suggest is to take your time digesting everything that has been discussed on the forums, in the podcasts, in the blog articles and start forming your own theories. Then share. We do love talking about it all.

I will say there are some propaganda style videos created by OOA as well as the infamous Sentinel/Brothers of Seraph. Take a look at those, at slow speed if you can. There’s much to see. Also be sure to read the articles sited in those videos. It’s interesting real world stuff. (Note: The Sentinel video may be more difficult for you to get your hands on. When you’re at a point that it makes sense to view, let us know. Many of us saved a copy.)

Profile photo of
      Anonymous

Remember the part where I said I WANTED to go to bed? Thanks for that! Can. Not. Stop!

I saw the articles listed in the video another comment. I will say this, I didn’t expect things to be so thought provoking and real world stuff I guess. I’m putting tape on my web cam too!!

Humanoid
    Participant

Wow I’m so late seeing this, but hi!! @mrohio

Profile photo of
      Anonymous

Howdy fellow newbie! Hey, your questions here really helped me get caught up! thanks!

Humanoid
    Participant

Np, I’m glad I was able so help someone on here! @mrohio I’m still getting around myself, Im disapointed I don’t live in Cali, where all these events are going on tho lol.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

ha, me too… i think. Not sure if I have the chutzpah for some of this real life stuff. I am enjoying solving the puzzles and stuff and just reading about it! Everyone is so nice! I love it.

Humanoid
    Participant

Same here! And I agree about all the the people here, actually one of my friends from school got me into this:)
    @mrohio

Profile photo of Jessica
    Jessica
    Participant

Is it necessary to fill out the really long Tension questionnaire right away?? It’s intense. I’m really not positive what Tension is yet. I’m sorry if this was posted elsewhere. Thank you in advance!

Profile photo of _Michael Gray
    _Michael Gray
    Participant

@sleepypup No it is not necessary for you to fill out the questionnaire right away. Fill out what you can for your allotted time and scroll down to the bottom of the page. There you will see that you can save your progress and continue later on. Hope this helps :)

Profile photo of Jessica
    Jessica
    Participant

Thank you for taking a moment to answer. Do I have to turn in the questionnaire at all? To be quite honest some of the questions make me uncomfortable. I would like to know more about Tension before making this commitment. I did receive helpful email from Tension this morning. It directs me to some resources for learning more about the experience. I will plow through those resources today.

Profile photo of Jake O
      Jake O
      Participant

I believe you can solve most of the puzzles thus far without filling out the questionnaire. However, to participate in the experience moving forward, I believe you must fill it out. From their about page:

The Tension Experience does not sleep, cater to the weak or simply exist to amuse You. We want to reshape your beliefs, your fears and your reality.

In order to become one of US we must know all about YOU. Further down the road, each participant will be asked to fill out a questionnaire designed to help the OOA Institute create specific, individual experiences.

Profile photo of Jessica
    Jessica
    Participant

Thanks! This seems like a great way to get my feet wet. So far I’ve figured out turning wheel puzzle. Now I have an eye chart. Tension recommended an article that points me to a podcast. I’ll listen to that this morning. Any other tips are appreciated.

Profile photo of Melissa
      Melissa

@sleepypup, if you need help with “the eyechart” I’m more than happy to give you a hand! Also, @thegilded and I have made some practice puzzles in Off Topic. I think they may be helpful (if not, at minimum you’ll have fun deciphering!) in the future.

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

@sleepypup – that’s what’s great about this so far. You can put as much or as little of your time in yourself in this and you will get that back. So if you want to sit back and watch what unfolds, you can, but you probably won’t be too involved. If you want to discuss theories on here, fill out the questionnaire, go to meetups, etc, you can do that too and will probably have a better and more personalized experience :)

Profile photo of Jessica
    Jessica
    Participant

Y’all are so nice. As a very confused newcomer it means a lot to me. It feels like there are endless shelves of information to read through and decipher. I think i’m getting the hang of things. I might be onto something with the eye chart. If I need help I’ll give a shout. Wish me luck :-)

Profile photo of Addison Born
      Addison Born
      Participant

Remember that nothing is really out of bounds, and sometimes answers are much less complicated than you’d expect. Good luck!

Profile photo of Jessica
    Jessica
    Participant

Solved the eye chart puzzle. That was disturbing. This might be a poorly thought out question. Do you all trust an organization who would ask a follower to physically damage themselves?

“Damage” is such a harsh word…. She certainly seemed to enjoy it, judging by the “Thank you” ‘s

Profile photo of PuppetGirl
      PuppetGirl
      Participant

Our lives are made up of choices. You don’t need eyes to truly see and she seemed to willing make that choice.

Humanoid
    Participant

Wow it’s been awhile since I’ve been on here. I decided to search for my original post that got me all the help for some memories. I’m sure I’ve missed so much from how long I’ve been gone.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register