Interesting participant spotlight: Muthiloced

Tension brand Forums MISC TENSION DISCUSSION Interesting participant spotlight: Muthiloced

This topic contains 27 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Michael Rizzo Michael Rizzo 7 years, 10 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Addison Born
    Addison Born
    Participant

Muthiloced seems like an interesting individual and one to keep an eye on.

They have an eye for numbers and codes, and seem to have insight we do not have. They appeared in the days following the Ringing of the Bell.

However, it has not been confirmed by the OOA or any of their associates that @muthiloced is with them.

And as @mike pointed out, they may be in cahoots with a Yeti, Bigfoot, or other mythological creature.

Are they a guide? Are they a false prophet?

What do you think about @muthiloced? Have you interacted with them, have any stories?

@muthiloced, can you drop some knowledge?

Profile photo of TheBuz
    TheBuz
    Participant

Anyone know what his profile pic means?

Addison Born
      Participant

It just occurred to me, it’s a stylized “muthiloced”

MU on the bottom, T in the center, HI on top, LOCE on the sides, and D at the very top.

Profile photo of Melissa
      Melissa

Which one? The little round one or the big profile header pic?

Profile photo of Mustafa Said
    Mustafa Said
    Participant

Looks like he’s been around for a week. His banner pic on his profile has some sort of encrypted text. Looks like he’s been a bit active in that time as well.

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

Just from today, he’s posted a couple puzzles

The 2 I know are this one:

GXK EUA GCGQK (which is a Caeser shift puzzle – also, not going to spoil the fun for you guys and tell you what it says, but at least you have a starting point)

i bring light to THe lost, and hOpe, to THe hopeless. – Using the capital letters, it’s spells out THOTH, which is an Egyption god. Patron of knowledge, secrets, writing, and scribes. So I guess him and I should become friends! More info here: http://www.touregypt.net/godsofegypt/thoth.htm

Other things he’s posted, I haven’t been able to solve/get to yet. @thegilded, @mkarrett, @reaton – we need your brains

Profile photo of Michelle
      Michelle
      Participant

Thank you, @mike for pointing those of us who are unfamiliar with puzzles in the right direction… and not giving us the answer! I had so much fun just now decrypting this.

Profile photo of Mike
      Mike
      Participant

You are very welcome!

Profile photo of Rusty
      Rusty
      Participant

@mike You are suggesting I help with decryption on something? Such a kidder!! 😉

I have only been able to solve the very first thing, which I know you solved, as well. Work is keeping me away from digging any deeper for now. The fragmented posts strike me as confusing at first… mentions of alpha and eye… a few numbers… do not see a pattern or relationship immediately, but as I said, I have only had time to glance that direction…….

Addison Born
    Participant

Also – I do NOT mean for this to be finger pointing, a witch hunt, anything. Just a spotlight on a mysterious participant with some good puzzles that seems to have something insightful and interesting to say if we listen.

Lat/longitute points to the Luxor International Hospital in Egypt. I’m going to hang out on the sidelines on the rest of the puzzles for a little bit, I’d rather focus on the previous Periscope and our looming deadline for the question topic for now

Profile photo of TheBuz
    TheBuz
    Participant

I honestly don’t think this is part of the OOA. Just a fan having some fun.

OOA has never made any kind of reference or aknowledgement of Egyptian mythos.

That’s fair. For anyone continuing, this was an activity comment that doesn’t readily match any ciphers that I know

OAXAIISVTNQVUSIKWWTELVZSDSUNEFBF

Profile photo of Mike
      Mike
      Participant

Seems like a substitution cipher, but not sure. @mkarrett is AMAZING at those

Profile photo of Melissa
      Melissa

DID SOMEONE SAY SUB CIPHERS?!

LET ME AT IT 😀

Profile photo of Melissa
      Melissa

There was a reference in GK4’s letter “themythos”*. Doesn’t pinpoint to anything but it’s something to consider? Maybe?

Deconstruct, the opposite of create. Complain? Isn’t that always the EASY way? To feel closer to themythos?

Profile photo of _Michael Gray
    _Michael Gray
    Participant

Thank you @mike for those pointers. I would’ve probably not have solved this without a hint. Thanks dude!!

Profile photo of Melissa
    Melissa

So one thing I wanted to point out that I’ll reveal at this point is that I initially had contact with Mr. or Ms. @muthiloced like…a week and half ago-ish? It’s kind a long story but you can hopefully make sense of my thought process:

1.) @light2dark posted the periscope diagram and the dashes below it. @daela I believe pointed out that the 6th line was linked back to the forum but I saw it as the 39th. Go to here to see what I mean.

2.) Okay so since that link on the 39th dash links right back to the forum that rang a bell for me to do the following search:

Activity

Why? Because that’s where all activity occurs. Kinda a shot in the dark logic but it did yield to John First (@archdeacon).

3.) E-mailed this person with the header “39” and inquired a bit about him/her. Days later I get a response from @muthiloced with an interesting header “93”. Didn’t get much except his previous account (John First) was sadly locked out. I know some people here have been having tech difficulties so, I can understand. I asked about his profile pic* and didn’t get much except “There is still much fog around, what I can not explain. One clue leads to another.”

*His profile pic if you look closely, has sorta a clock at the top (the 3, 6, 9, D). I boldly asked him if he was the actual clock we need to wind. :)

I find @muthiloced fascinating and embrace the cryptics.

Profile photo of Cody
      Cody
      Participant

I was curious as to whether or not you ever got a reply. That was something I was meaning to ask you. That’s awesome! Perhaps the two are connected.

Profile photo of Melissa
    Melissa

Oh hi guys,

Spoiler Alert below!

So call me a sucker for ciphers, I am. On Muthiloced’s profile page there’s a ceasar shift cipher that I decoded and relayed my answer with some of my thoughts to Muthiloced. I honestly don’t know if we should super focus in on this since we have quit a bit unsolved but I’m sharing anything I find:

The chaos ritual (Ringing of the Bell?)
    Fire of purity (The Bonfire?)
    Sigil of Mystery (OOA sigil?)
    Pictures of Targets (The polaroids?)
    It has been cast.

You’re an interesting one, Muthiloced.

His response:
    You are getting closer. 333

Profile photo of Ezi
    Ezi
    Participant

So I have been delving into @muthiloced stuff and history in the off time between other clues and there are a few interesting things I’ve noticed (and hopefully I’m not giving anything away that people still wanted to decipher):

– He posted what I think could have been the date as one of his ciphers, and I think that is the day Addison called @jkonigsberg.
    – He posted “today” on the day that the video came out on Facebook.
    – He writes his dates in the un-american way (day/month/year)
    – His status on the forums have changed from Participant to Spectator and all his activity has gone missing. I cannot see even on my feed where I have commented on his status update.

I do not know if he is important or just messing around, but I just found these things curious. He also has some new ciphers up on his profile that I haven’t been able to figure out yet, and he posted a date again 16.06. 2016, so wondering if something will happen then.

Profile photo of Cody
    Cody
    Participant

He wrote me. I believe his clues lead either to Addison or whatever it was that she left behind.
    “I can only say this much, it is loacation related, loacation of something or someone…”

“F
    I
    N
    D

?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?”

Profile photo of Cody
      Cody
      Participant

The first quoted message was actually a reply to my question on his pist about wether or not “финд канал” meant anything to anyone. He replied last night. I believe it is a channel on something. Youtube channel location or something maybe. “someone or something” perhaps a channel of someones. Then it could be percieved as a someone or somethings location. Trying here.
      The second quote was an email sent to me today by him, and then he wiped his profile? Not to sure on the timing there.
      канал = channel финд = a lot of cues. Hah.
      Anyone have any thoughts by chance?
      Anyone else ever feel like the universe is laughing at them? Like If they could only shift their perspective only so slightly.. that the answers would be clear? Haha. Man oh man. My radar is going wild but I just can’t drop the hammer.

Profile photo of Ezi
    Ezi
    Participant

I have been trying to figure something out from everything he posted, but haven’t been able to. And now there is no link to his previous posts on his profile, although I can remember some of the stuff he posted. There are 2 of his older ciphers that I also haven’t been able to solve yet. I’m not that great with them to begin with!

Profile photo of Cody
      Cody
      Participant

I feel yah. I suck at decoding as well. Is what it is I guess. we all have strengths and weaknesses. I figured this was a benefit to communal involvement. Our strongest at decoding haven’t added anything though which I find strange.Sean said he was taking a back seat on puzzles.
      I wrote down everything he posted as well as his new background photo text. haven’t had time to play with it yet though.

Addison Born
    Participant

Based on recent activity, I’m not sure Muthiloced is worth spending energy on. Changing from “Participant” to “Spectator” while at the same time having his posts removed reads like he was misinforming or misrepresenting himself.

Read into it how you want, but I’m not sure much insight lies in that direction at this point.

Profile photo of Ezi
    Ezi
    Participant

Probably, like I said, just some curiosities I noticed, and since there wasn’t much else going on this morning I figured I’d look around his account again and noticed the spectator thing. So is that maybe a new rank you can be demoted to if you are giving false information or something. Gonna maybe try looking into the video again see if there is anything I can contribute there.

Profile photo of Michael Rizzo
      Michael Rizzo
      Participant

That’s what I was thinking, just a new rank lower than us apostles, so that person can still keep up with the forums but just can’t derail us from the main _path (even though I’m sure there was no malicious intent, but inadvertently doing so by the puzzles)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register