Is OOA's logo evolving?

Tension brand Forums MISC TENSION DISCUSSION Is OOA's logo evolving?

This topic contains 18 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Nate Nate 7 years, 10 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Melissa
    Melissa

I’m serious. Look at the old 1988 video

Look at the logo on the jacket

Or did Rosemary really go through some sort of ceremony that was not OOA affiliated, rather, someone that wanted to appear at as OOA but missed a minor detail?

Profile photo of Michael Rizzo
    Michael Rizzo
    Participant

I feel like it’s evolving… Just like any other big company, times change and they need to stay up to date. Maybe just a little tweak here and there?

Profile photo of ReidV
    ReidV
    Participant

Its missing the L shaped tag on the tail in that vid

Profile photo of Melissa
    Melissa

I call it a “2” on the big hump of the logo.

Profile photo of Jake O
    Jake O
    Participant

Based on the newsletter covers and stuff we found at the VFW meeting, the logo was already established prior to the date of this video

Profile photo of Melissa
    Melissa

Good point, so either this was an oversight or my other theory, this is a video NOT from the OOA.

Profile photo of Susie J
    Susie J
    Participant

Maybe they just outsourced the lab coat from a sperm bank?

Profile photo of Melissa
    Melissa

Maybe. I feel bad pointing this minor detail out but no stone unturned?

Profile photo of _Michael Gray
    _Michael Gray
    Participant

That’s a really good catch Melissa!! Your theory has some considerable dicussion to be had.

Profile photo of Cody
    Cody
    Participant

Maybe its because the video came from another dimension. Hahaha.
    I blame it on CERN and the Mandela effect. lol.
    Seriously though, I remember it as the Bearnstein bears. How about you guys? I checked my old childhood books and they somehow changed… Most people I know remember it as Bearnstein not Bearenstain.
    Pretty messed up.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

It could be different symbols fro different people.

Profile photo of Melissa
    Melissa

So I want to readdress this video again based on something @jeromy posted a few hours ago.

Based on a great observation by @endlesspictures that the OOA symbol has been around for quite some time I want to entertain the idea that the Rosemary Luther video is not actually genuine OOA. I mean, think about it, the OOA screwing up their own symbol? Nobody is perfect but I can not imagine that the OOA would have the symbol WRONG for Rosemary’s ceremony.

According to the source of the video, it’s OOA approved. Approval is one thing, authenticity is whole different ball of wax. I think whoever created this video did so to scare off the faint of heart. If it really is a genuine OOA video then we may be following an organization that is sloppier than I thought.

Profile photo of Ezi
    Ezi
    Participant

I figured maybe there are slightly different logos that the different branches of OOA have used like maybe the Church of Anoch, the OOA and the Omega Council have different logo’s?

Profile photo of Melissa
      Melissa

It’s possible I guess.

Profile photo of Daela
      Daela
      Participant

@lenize I like this idea! In the document that was left for @coryphella, the OOA Institute was described as an “offshoot” of the Church of Anoch. It could be that they appropriated the Church of Anoch’s logo and added the “2”-shaped symbol to symbolize their status in relationship to the larger church.

Profile photo of Ezi
    Ezi
    Participant

@daela those were my thoughts exactly when the logo was pointed out as being different, it fit all the facts I knew at that moment. I’m not ruling out other explanations since there has not been any confirmation on this, it could just as well have been a mistake for all I know.

Profile photo of cdawg
    cdawg
    Participant

New, just lurking around- thought I’d throw in that the symbol pictured resembles the astrological symbol for Leo (the fifth sign), not sure if that bears any significance, though.

Profile photo of AH-lay
      AH-lay
      Participant

I guess if it bears any meaning, we could find something here…or maybe we won’t:

http://www.gods-and-monsters.com/constellation-leo-myth.html

I’ve been trying to check exactly what the elements of the symbol represent and have had no luck, I’ll keep searching.

Profile photo of Nate
      Nate
      Participant

Well, your resource refers to the a.) near impenetrability of the Nemean lion(sounds about like OOA) and b.) the nursing of the lion, which could refer to our nursing and gaining maturity spiritually. Idk.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register