Latest Facebook Images

This topic contains 117 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jake O Jake O 7 years, 10 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Daela
    Daela
    Participant

The latest image says,

Your eyes do not see
    Your ears have not heard
    Reach out and touch the truth
    It has *always* been hidden in front of you.

Do you think this clue means that there’s a puzzle we haven’t solved? Something that’s right in front of us?

If so, what has “always” been in front of us?

There’s the OOA symbol itself, which has been here since the beginning.

There’s the original FB cover image, which showed “LOS ANGELES” with the “AN” letters slightly smaller, casting a shadow that said “La anGelez”.

There’s the disclaimer, which has been here since the beginning and which perhaps contains some hidden content or code. (In the word “shall,” for example, the “ALL” portion is enlarged.)

There’s the source code art.

Does anyone who joined before me want to chime in on what else has “always” been here?

Or perhaps GK4/Regent7/Masterlock/L2D want to discourage this train of thought so we don’t chase after red herrings?

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I agree with your line of thinking…there is something we’re missing, I just have literally NO idea what it could be right now. Will take another look.

Profile photo of Addison Born
    Addison Born
    Participant

I feel like it has to relate to the image behind the text.. seems weird that they’d reuse an image with a very deliberate yet obfuscated hint on top of it.

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

At first I thought it was braille. Then I thought it was a riddle and it was something like “opportunity” or the “future”. Now I don’t know what to think

Profile photo of Susie J
    Susie J
    Participant

Thus far we have two images from Hieronymus Bosch. The hell portion of the tryptich “The Garden of Earthly Delights” (twice) and more subtly “The Temptation of St. Anthony” (under the Shakespeare quote). As to what this points to, I’m not quite sure other than the nebulous overarching theme of what lies below. The artist is from the Netherlands after all. I also find it hilarious that he’s only ever represented as a gnomish medieval woodblock print portrait when his works are so gloriously colorful and jewel-like.

Profile photo of Jake O
      Jake O
      Participant

I was lucky enough to see the tryptich in person when I studied in Spain. It is amazingly detailed. @monkeymuffin333 I think you are right. These images are another indication of something laying beneath surface of what we see. I’m not sure there is an actual puzzle here to be solved, it could just be pointing out that there are multiple layers of what we consider reality

Not to mention, the more obvious answer, it could be pointing to the next sense to be explored, touch.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by Profile photo of Jake O Jake O.
      Profile photo of Rusty
      Rusty
      Participant

@endlesspictures and @monkeymuffin333, interesting observations. I am trying to catch up after a couple weeks of adult responsibilities becoming particularly invasive of my time. :(

When I first saw this, I went to what Jake O commented on… it seems like a direct reference to touch, to me. But, still looking around. I am not the best with the puzzles…

Profile photo of Susie J
    Susie J
    Participant

The original puzzle page with the boxes on lines and pulley wheels? That’s how you originally submitted your e-mail address.

Profile photo of _Michael Gray
    _Michael Gray
    Participant

I don’t know if this fits in with what this forum is about, so sorry if this is not the place, but did anyone notice that the background in the “we are what fear..” “tickets on presale”, does anyone notice that the background is the location of the 4/30 event? I recognize the long room from the mirror of what was behind me. Just a random thought and No, I don’t think it’s a clue or puzzle, but still interesting though :)

And where did my sassy Gatekeeper 4 go?? I miss her!

Profile photo of ReidV
    ReidV
    Participant

Hey all,

Do you think these may be referring the the “sense amulets” puzzle?

It has “always” been here, and is specifically mentioned as a “touch” event.

Noticed that occasionally clicking an amulet will make a different sound, and the number bar under them changes to a new value.

Got them all to do this to no result, maybe we”re missing something?

Profile photo of 111_error
      111_error
      Participant

[searching…]

Profile photo of ReidV
      ReidV
      Participant

Hmm didnt find anything on source either

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by Profile photo of ReidV ReidV.
      Profile photo of Daela
      Daela
      Participant

Hmmm, the amulet puzzle hasn’t “always” been there though – it was one of a later round of updates.

(That said, I do wonder about the “GSD” letters behind the amulets. I’m still not sure we’ve solved everything on that page.)

Profile photo of Daela
      Daela
      Participant

*QSD, dammit

Profile photo of Cody
    Cody
    Participant

Another thing, on that page I noted the little number combo beneath the puzzle that reads 01230 when you get the “commit” prompt appears. I tried to use those numbers in a few different applications to no avail. perhaps the letter combos can spell other things that create different number combos?

Profile photo of Cody
    Cody
    Participant

I always found it funny how that puzzle is glitchy as well. This page has been updated and that puzzle has remained glitchy. Perhaps this is on purpose as when it glitches it lands on spaces that are empty. Maybe that makes it possible to create 4 letter words and corresponding number combos? Some investigation into Wethersfield the empty spaces correlate to actual letter numbers to determine if it is in fact just a glitch.

Profile photo of Cody
    Cody
    Participant

I always found it funny how that puzzle is glitchy as well. This page has been updated and that puzzle has remained glitchy. Perhaps this is on purpose as when it glitches it lands on spaces that are empty. Maybe that makes it possible to create 4 letter words and corresponding number combos? Some investigation into Whether or not the empty spaces correlate to actual letter numbers to determine if it is in fact just a glitch.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I’ve wondered about what I think you’re calling the glitches too – going through and methodically clicking on each one, eventually you won’t get a five digit number but a one or two digit one, sometimes negative. I think those are when the glass is not quite on a letter. I’ve gotten 10, -15, 0, -1, 4, -4, -3, -2, and -10. But I don’t have a clue what they correspond to, if anything.

Profile photo of Cody
    Cody
    Participant

I feel like we may be onto something here.

Profile photo of Cody
    Cody
    Participant

OK! Now im convinced the gliches are intentional!! when you go to puzzle and onduce glitches you get a different number! I did so and then backed out and went back into puzzle and tried a new turn dial. each one when glitched creates a SINGLE number. touch = 55 smell=-59 hearing = -57 taste = 14 and sight= 13

Profile photo of Cody
    Cody
    Participant

@gilded @mike @111error @endlesspictures @coryphella @EVERYONE!!!! there is something here.

Profile photo of Mike
      Mike
      Participant

On the senses puzzle?

Profile photo of Cody
    Cody
    Participant

Spoiler alert! yeah man. you mean the gear puzzle? lol. So now I realized that those numbers change. But there is definitely some significance. When you spin a dial until it glitches and points to nothing, there is a single number opposed to a five number sequence. So I have gotten 3 digit numbers to appear by spinning multiple dials until they glitch. I’m not sure what it means but I’m still trying to disect it and figure out some kind of pattern or something.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by Profile photo of Cody Cody.
      Profile photo of Mike
      Mike
      Participant

Got it, yeah I noticed that, but never saw any correlation to anything else. I’ll take a look at it again and look at it differently.

Profile photo of Cody
    Cody
    Participant

Yeah Im not sure. there is 5 numbers usually 1-1-1-1-1 when turning dials the numbers change to the corrisponding letter number. so for instance if you change the touch dial it will read 1-1-1-1-1 or 2-1-1-1-1 or 3-1-1-1-1 or 0-1-1-1-1, but when you turn a dial and it points to no letter sometimes the dial will read 10 or 55 or negative numbers like -13 or -57, when you get one single number and then turn another dial it will go back to the 5 number sequences again but if you keep turning it to where its not pointing to a letter as well, it will go to another single number. I have been able to get it to where three of the five dials are pointing at nothing and then I got a three didget single number like 145. seems starting with taste dial has had best results so far for me in getting to the three didget number. One time I got got four dials to the glitch zone but clicked again by accident and could not get it back into glitch position. I am attempting to get all five dials to not point at anything in hope that perhaps a 4 didget number will appear or something else perhaps.
    the fact that the numbers change form when the dials are glitched tells me that its not a glitch. if it were it would still be reading on the five number sequence. Maybe its nothing but it sure seems like there is something more to it to me.

Profile photo of JoeKaye
      JoeKaye
      Participant

When I made the numbers read 01234 the “commit” button light up and took me to a page with an eye chart.

Profile photo of Jake O
    Jake O
    Participant

@sovereignskies I’ve always wondered about this puzzle too. Why show us the numbers if they don’t mean anything? This puzzle was one of the ones that stumped me at first cause I was trying to manually spin the dials rather than just clicking until they landed on the correct letters.
    However, I agree with @coryphella it hasn’t been here all along. If anything, that would be the initial puzzle with the sliding blocks.
    Maybe light 2 dark could comment and let us know if we are on to something or it’s a wasted effort.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by Profile photo of Jake O Jake O.
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous

At first I thought the numbers were a sort of leftover code debugging thing they forgot to take out, but obviously not, they’re still there. There are so many “glitch” numbers though, I just don’t know where to start with them.

Something being here all along could be literal, as in it was here since day 1, but it could also be metaphorical – something that has simply been around a long long time but has gone overlooked.

Don’t forget that puzzle that led us to 227 still has unanswered questions about the other numbers (2, 8, plus empty box).

Profile photo of Trevor
    Trevor
    Participant

Can someone who is good with looking at page source determine whether there is a finite set of numbers the glitches generate or whether any of them are random?

Profile photo of Cody
      Cody
      Participant

I already asked @gilded.. he did not respond at all.
      I happen to know (from video games) that not all that exists can be seen through code.
      As much as you wouldnt think ths is possible, I assure you it is.
      Whenever a new dlc would come out for a game, computer guys would read the code and then have all the puzzles and eggs uncovered immedeatly. So the developers created a new type of code.. one that would only let you see what there was at the time… while more existed in layers.. they were not visible until keyed. I remember watching a youtube video where this guy was NERD raging because he couldnt just figure out all the secrets by reading the code anymore.. he admitted that once certain things were keyed, there was new code available. Perhaps something like that exists within tension as a means to make us work together rather than the computer guys just reading the code and figuring it out by themselves without actually walking the _path intended.
      Not sure if that made sense to anyone except @ununpentium. I know he knows what im talking about!

I’ve been a bit busy this weekend. Checking it out again is on my to do list, though

Profile photo of Cody
      Cody
      Participant

@gilded have you ever seen this tyoe of layered code? It seems this has even perhaps been referred to by l2d in the past.

@sovereignskies – You’re referring to coding techniques that companies will do so that their products cannot be data mined, reflected, and analyzed. However, websites have much more limited options in this regard than software that is normally data mined. While it exists, we won’t be seeing it here. If there is a puzzle that we have yet to solve, it won’t be found anywhere that we are currently aware of. Analysis on sites that we have seen already is too complete to think that we have missed something. However, there may be something external, like Rosemary’s video that exists that we just haven’t found yet.

To go off your Amulet puzzle numbering concerns, the numbers found in the lower left corner is a debugging tool. It shows the amulet positions in such a way that the site can interpret, as moving the amulet around is harder to track than assigning letters some numbers and checking the numbers. The site considers the puzzle “solved” based off this string of numbers.

In short, I don’t believe that this string of numbers is going to get you anywhere. I’d recommend you look elsewhere.

Profile photo of Lucus
    Lucus
    Participant

The Bosch Painting seems to share elements with some of Salvatore Dali’s fine work. Mr. Dali seems to have disguised some code into his work. I discovered the Dali Code a few years back as part of the Tranzit Experience. Maybe artwork has something to do with the enlightenment program. I wonder if its like the Da Vinci code? Also it seems that this artwork was a major part of the Age of Enlightenment. Just some random thinking.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I didn’t see anything in the code that looked like it was generating the numbers. Interesting references to the underworld in comments but that was all and probably just refers to something in-house. Others know way more about code than I do though.

Profile photo of Cody
      Cody
      Participant

“Interesting references to the underworld in comments” can you ellaborate? I know nothing of reading code. “Underworld” perhaps refering to layered code? What do these comments say specifically? there coud be hints.

Profile photo of
      Anonymous

Opening up the source code…
      Line 1098 – //a glitchy wiggler for the underworld – then goes on to refer to a function glitchywiggler
      Line 1184 – //listen to the underworld

Sean, correct me if I’m wrong here…
      These are comments that the developer wrote, usually to make the code easy for other coders to understand. The ‘//’ indicates the rest of the line is a comment and will have no effect on the page’s function. You could write anything there, the page doesn’t care. But, looking for hidden things in comments can be tricky because it’s really likely that “underworld” refers to something that the developers understand but no one else needs to, like “that thing we built last Tuesday.”

Profile photo of ReidV
      ReidV
      Participant

@coryphella dont remember those being there yesterday when i checked the source :O

They have been there since day 1

Profile photo of ReidV
      ReidV
      Participant

Heh. Flailing in the dark as @thegilded watches πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Sorry, man. I try to contribute when I can but it’s been a rough weekend for me.

Besides, 4 told me to shut up more, so I gotta follow the will of the Gatekeepers

Profile photo of
      Anonymous

I hope when you say it’s been a rough weekend that things are ok.

Profile photo of ReidV
      ReidV
      Participant

@thegilded it’s all good man, us noobs have to be pushed off the nest eventually πŸ˜‰

Profile photo of Cody
      Cody
      Participant

yeah maybe the sound reference is in relation to certain sounds that are made when getting it correct.. like when the comitt goes red. They watch profusely…. “the flack gets heavy when your over the target”. they have been watching progress since this began being discussed last night.. as well have been actors in the play.
      No need to ask if we are onto something.. their observation speaks volumes.

Profile photo of GATEKEEPER4
    GATEKEEPER4
    Keymaster

Good MORNING KIDDO’s,

YES, we, us, they are for YOU to uncover. You will NEVER be given, handed, told what to do. What fun would that be?

Look, unless blind, hear unless deaf, and uncover together. Or not. But, we are more than PUZZLES and RIDDLES.

I sleep when bored, and bored do I, WE get when asked for handouts, and explanations. Answers have ALWAYS been there. What do you think this is? Who do you think we ARE?

If you wanna learn something, stop asking to be noticed, and do something NOTICEABLE.

Wind, wind, wind the clock.

I’m still waiting for you, they, all to find me.

~four

Profile photo of
      Anonymous

@gatekeeper4 – Thanks for weighing in – I don’t think any of us is looking for answers, but I think we *do* want to know if we’re looking for *puzzles* where there aren’t any.

There are many efforts going on right now to do something noticeable, but I think many of us feel as though we’re stumbling around blindly trying to figure out what “noticeable” means to you. We’re trying. Really.

Profile photo of Cody
    Cody
    Participant

Morning 4! I do not want answers given… Iwant the community to uncover them together! The hive mind can do wonderous things.
    Thanks for the encouragemet.
    Resolve set.

Profile photo of Lucus
    Lucus
    Participant

Layers of the Underworld sounds like The Divine Comedy. I dont know why but the picture of the fuzzy T.V. is how my brain feels. Its also reminds me of the movie “They Live”. Enlightenment is a code and a cypher, the Gatekeepers and their lessons are teaching us how to read this code and then use it to decypher other messages and teachings in order to further our progression. I know for me enlightenment is a word with deeply rooted origins and I keep asking myself, How can I do something noticeable now? I mean my goal in life the last couple years is to discover and master this formula for enlightening purposes but I am a long ways away from knowing enough to safely practice this form of alchemy. How can I become an increasingly better person? How do I become the Gatekeeper, the Oracle, the Wizard and the Puppetmaster. Im coming. I will find you but its going to take time and I want to do noticable things in the meantime. I will admit I get frustrated when I think Im not being noticed but its an integral part of my journey. Rarely does anyone ever take notice to those behind the curtain, its always about the actors! I’ve spent a considerable amount of time just studying different interpretations of enlightenment. I feel like a new chapter may be brewing here, if its a spiritual work out then things could get intense again. PREPARE YOURSELF’S. Let’s discover this Senex-Puer Dynamic.

Profile photo of Cody
    Cody
    Participant

@gilded do not take offense… but I have noted through observation, that at times (while I do not believe it to be intentional) seem to dismiss ideas quite readily. this can be evidenced by the “new puzzle” thread, as well as many other threads. When people speculate and use colorful imagination,you step in with imperical logic and dismiss right away. many times to be proven wrong later on. When the eye puzzle was new you said that there was no way it could be a separate URL or page…that was later proven wrong. Maybe they want you to be quiet more as this trait stifles creativity. Once again… no offence. I know you have the best intentions at heart.
    I could ever wrong BTW… but it seemed l2dhinted towards my app idea not being so bad in a pm. I could be wrong though.

I take no offense, this is a collaborative effort and you all have every right to question me. However, I’m concerned that you are mistaking me. The point I am trying to make on the eye puzzle and the point I am trying to make right now are the same:

There is nothing left to find on the Tension domain. For the eye puzzle, I did not mean that no URL can be extracted, as the solution was found there. However, the location was not found on the Tension domain. The solution was not found on any URL that begins with http://www.thetensionexperience.com, it was found elsewhere

Again, that’s the exact point I’m trying to make right now. There may be a solution here. Maybe the amulet locations are giving us numbers that are needed elsewhere. However, just as the eye puzzle, the answer cannot currently be found on http://www.thetensionexperience.com/*InsertAnythingHere*

I’m quite shit at interpreting things, and in puzzles I’m no better than most of you. However, there are things I can decisively say, and that is that there are no links to be found directly in the amulet puzzle, and we’ve seen all there is to see on the http://www.thetensionexperience.com domain

Profile photo of Jake O
      Jake O
      Participant

thanks @thegilded i think that will save everyone a lot of time and needless speculation. i do agree with you that there are potentially other puzzles external to the site. those damn Facebook numbers still bug me

Profile photo of Mike
      Mike
      Participant

The more I think about it, the more I think we’re relying on something and becoming blinded by it in a way. I know we do the same thing @thegilded, but looking into it more, there are ways to exclude pages. So I wonder if there IS more to find within this domain.

@mike – That’s valid criticism. I rely exclusively on the tools that I use, so if the tools I use are misleading I may well be leading you all astray. I personally believe that we can rely on them, and I recommend searching in external locations, but no matter how sure I am it would be beneficial to have others continuing their search here. If you’re right, and our tools aren’t to be trusted, that means the solution will be found in a novel and unique way, and is hidden much deeper than 227 and 54093 were.

Profile photo of Cody
      Cody
      Participant

Yeah buddy! Thats what I’m talking about @mike!

Profile photo of Iris Halliwell
    Iris Halliwell
    Participant

I originally thought the string of numbers might mean something too @sovereignskies, back when I was first solving the puzzle. But after sitting on the analysis for a long time and playing out all possible scenarios, I believe @thegilded is right in this case, and there is nothing more to see here. If there is some hidden meaning behind said numbers, I believe it will come to light only when the OOA wants it to, not when we dig hard enough. I am absolutely open to being wrong about this, there are certainly many things I’ve been wrong about before. Hell, it’s one of the reasons I seek enlightenment. But I believe the next puzzle will come when the OOA is ready to release it, that it will be something that is obviously new and yet to be analyzed, and that the only reason they are tracking us so closely is because they want to monitor our involvement so that they may decide who is worthy of moving forward, particularly so close to their upcoming event. Just my two cents.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by Profile photo of Iris Halliwell Iris Halliwell.
    • This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by Profile photo of Iris Halliwell Iris Halliwell. Reason: Fixing the tags
    Profile photo of Cody
    Cody
    Participant

Light to dark has already said. “The measure shows that many speak of uncovering details about others questions.
    That is not the way, the details to seek are for the light of the group, not to divide the group with darkness. -%light2dark” 4 days ago to me and as long this,
    “Advice from where I lurk in the d a r k
    Pieces and parts have been brought to the light, but much is left untouched.
    While some items have triggered due to seekers pulling them from the forward,
    Others are wound by time and *efforts* of those on the _path will set them in motion. -%light2dark” alluding to the fact there is in fact much left to be found. So I think waiting on the OOA to be a wayward perspective @irishalliwell120.
    @gilded I suppose much can be lost in translation,you are saying there may be a clue to something else hidden there,but there is not layers. I have just found your approach to sway from creativty and imagination.
    perhaps it is just translation.

@sovereignskies I absolutely believe that a lot of our confusion is coming from miscommunication. The layers that I understand you’re referring to are programmatic ones. Techniques that can be used from an engineering perspective that prevent someone from disassembling program or site code to determine what the site or program is capable of doing. In that sense, I can tell you that the amulet puzzle does not have obfuscation that would stop us from analyzing it. Everything that the site does is visible and analyzable.

There may be metaphorical layers, meaning there is abstraction hidden in the meaning of the site. In that sense I not only think I COULD miss something, I would think that I WOULD miss something. I am an engineer, and can only tell you what this thing can do from a mechanical standpoint, not a metaphorical one. In that sense I’m quite bad at it. To reference the eye puzzle again, it took me a while to solve it due to my initial reliance on the mechanical. There is literally nothing you could do to the eye puzzle site to get you to the solution. You needed to understand the metaphorical meaning of it. So my initial response that the solution could not be found on the Tension domain was correct from an engineering standpoint, but not from a more abstract stance.

I believe you and I serve very important, but opposite roles. I have little creativity and imagination, only hard analysis. So I have very little to offer in what “could” be, I can only tell you with some measure of decisiveness what “is”. You have a great deal more creativity than I do, but much of what you are saying simply isn’t possible from a technical standpoint. I need you to continue theorizing and putting ideas out because I don’t have those skills, but you’ll need people like me to tell you when your creative ideas aren’t possible. I am intentionally trying to limit creativity and imagination to what would be productive.

Profile photo of Cody
      Cody
      Participant

This is what I meant by lost in translation. Awesome description. Perhaps we underestimate their resources. New dreams are dreamed everyday. New creations created minute by minute.

Profile photo of Lucus
    Lucus
    Participant

I like the “their observation speaks volumes” comment from cody and would like to add that it directs our at-tension towards threads at certain times. Like moths to a flame here we are.

Profile photo of Cody
      Cody
      Participant

They have been inactive since mention. Hopefully I have not follied this tool.

Profile photo of Lucus
    Lucus
    Participant

That makes alot of sense to me now @thegilded. Thank you for sharing that. Can you add to Mike’s comment about “ways to exclude pages”. I know some techniques that have been used in the past were not anticipated by the producers of the experience. I tend to think that THEY may have planned for such tactics in more recent programs. What about government and military technology? They must have tools to hide stuff. Maybe the O.O.A knows someone on the inside and has access to more advanced technology.

@ununpentium – Sure, webpages are pretty simplistic things, from a technical standpoint. There are tools that exist that allow one to see all pages associated with sites, which is what Mike is referring to. For the most part, we can tell what pages are available. His theory is that they’ve learned how to “exclude” pages from these tools, thereby hiding them. I’m not sure I agree with him, but it is a valid theory.

Government and military technology is a slightly different thing. At its core, thetensionexperience is a site that is basically a loose collection of pages with a forum. It uses wordpress as a framework which means that we can relatively easily approach it with standard analysis tools. In that sense, there is very little advanced technology that can be used to hide things from us. However, like I’ve said before, they may be hiding things from us in a more creative way, like how they hid Rosemary’s video from us. No tool in the world could have analyzed that one, maybe other hidden things require similar solutions.

Profile photo of ReidV
    ReidV
    Participant

Theres always steganography too.

Profile photo of Mike
      Mike
      Participant

This was my thought too! I did some basic stuff to try and see if there were any text messages, but no dice. I’m not ruling this out, I just don’t have anything fancy to dig deeper yet

Profile photo of Cody
      Cody
      Participant
    Profile photo of Iris Halliwell
    Iris Halliwell
    Participant

Well @sovereignskies, let it be known I have no intention of dividing the group, I merely speak my mind. I had not seen the other statement, alluding to more content yet to be pulled from the analysis of what has already been posted by Tension, and I 100% believe that is possible, even probable. My only response is that in this particular case with these numbers alone that perhaps we are spinning our wheels. I know there is much left to find within Tension. I just don’t know if any of it can be found within these numbers, at least not with what information we have been given thus far. Perhaps their relevance will be revealed later? Still, I would never discourage you to give up your search. If you find meaning behind them I will gladly admit I was mistaken.

Profile photo of Cody
    Cody
    Participant

Yes, I see what you are saying @irishalliwell120.
    The comment “divide” was not my words but a quote from Light2dark.
    I was not implying anything.
    The code comments intrigue me though.
    “Opening up the source code…
    Line 1098 – //a glitchy wiggler for the underworld – then goes on to refer to a function glitchywiggler
    Line 1184 – //listen to the underworld”
    The glitchy Wiggler.. sounds like a worm to me. Worm for the underworld… worm for layers? function glitchy wiggler…. glitch worm? I need to research “worms” now.

Profile photo of Cody
      Cody
      Participant

The glitch obviously serves a “function”.

Profile photo of Cody
    Cody
    Participant

“A computer worm is a standalone malware computer program that replicates itself in order to spread to other computers. Often, it uses a computer network to spread itself, relying on security failures on the target computer to access it. Unlike a computer virus, it does not need to attach itself to an existing program.”
    Anyone see an application to this?

Profile photo of Cody
    Cody
    Participant

Whew. Ok, just trying to think outside the box. I could not see an application. Just trying to throw ideas out there.

Good job with it. If there’s a solution to this, it’ll be found outside the box. It’s not a worm, but maybe something else, instead.

Profile photo of Cody
      Cody
      Participant

Have any thoughts on this “somethig else instead” you would share?

Apologies, I didn’t mean to imply that I knew something else that you didn’t here. It can’t be a worm, but it may be a different program or construct. At this time, I don’t have any ideas on what it could be then.

Profile photo of Lucus
    Lucus
    Participant

Okay so Gatekeeper4 mentioned earlier

“Wind, wind, wind the clock.

I’m still waiting for you, they, all to find me.”

This seems maybe to be a clue to what we should be focusing on. I think if we want the next step and more mystery we first need to uncover and find Gatekeeper4.

Profile photo of Cody
      Cody
      Participant

So this, ” I’m still waiting for you, they, all to find me.” gig… I have an Idea.

Should we all catalouge in a thread whom we have been communicating with since the appearance of gk4?
      I have theories but would like more data before making outright assumptions.

Profile photo of Lucus
    Lucus
    Participant

Where to look?

Profile photo of ReidV
    ReidV
    Participant

Well winding the clock is a Light2Dark reference so I’d start there.

Profile photo of Cody
    Cody
    Participant

I have theories… on Actors in the play whom pose as particioants. All purely conjecture though.

Profile photo of Lucus
    Lucus
    Participant

I found something called “Gatekeeper Theory” and “Gatekeeper Phenomenon” that basically metaphorically state that MOM controls what ‘food’ comes to the table from an entire grocery store of options.

This is a quite exhaustive critical review but wiki sums it up as well
    https://www.researchgate.net/publication/220142012_Gatekeeping_A_critical_review

Who or what are the Gatekeepers in your life?

Profile photo of Cody
      Cody
      Participant

What an interesting read.

Profile photo of PuppetGirl
    PuppetGirl
    Participant

Suppose I should play with that gear puzzle some more then?

Profile photo of JoeKaye
    JoeKaye
    Participant

I made the numbers read 01234 on the gear puzzle, spelling the word “sense.” I was then prompted to a page with an eye chart. I’m stuck there.

Profile photo of Morgan Joeck
    Morgan Joeck
    Participant

I found that page too but haven’t figured out how to decode it further. It looks like it is the second of two puzzles. I wonder why the OOA is including puzzles on some website in order to spread the Word. It draws some people together, I suppose.

Profile photo of Rusty
      Rusty
      Participant

Hello @mjoeck. You make an interesting point that I seem to be in the minority around here on. πŸ˜‰ The puzzles do seem to unite some, but I feel more alienated by them, personally. If I am engaging in this, I will definitely try my hand to decipher the various puzzles, but I don’t have any natural inclination to cyphers and have a very lengthy and demanding day job which sometimes limits my time to participate. It is not that I am unwilling to attempt them, it’s just that they sometimes become roadblocks rather than doorways. Still, I am willing to give it a try… but often need clues to find my way. My issue is that it does not add or build Tension in any way… it deflates it. I would rather have emotional reactions based on the mysterious aspects of the building story and the community involvement around it, rather than have emotional frustration while staring at an image. (Yes, I understand this is a matter of MY personal outlook and perception, your comment did resonate with me, though.)

Now, if you are referring to the “eye chart” puzzle. I suggest you make sure that you can see everything in front of you clearly. A few people have mentioned issues between varying browsers used. Once you start to see it, it will probably become clear fairly quickly. Me? I overthink everything and that’s what tripped me up on that one. Have fun! I did enjoy that series of puzzles.

Profile photo of Lucus
    Lucus
    Participant

Shhh. Keep the answers to yourself if you can. And if you have trouble there is a ‘New Puzzle’ thread with a few hints.

Profile photo of JoeKaye
    JoeKaye
    Participant

Have we figured out the significance of Salt Lake City? I noticed in the last FB video an image of a crude map with a line between L.A. and SLC stating “It’s only a few hundred miles. Come on Ben Mark.

Addison Born
      Participant

Yes! It is “Benny Smiles” / Mark is an OOA detractor, and his connection was traced to SLC. I think the majority of that exchange between Benny/Mark and GK4 has been removed from the site, though..

Profile photo of JoeKaye
      JoeKaye
      Participant

Oh oh! Okay. Just as you replied I saw it in the reddit. Shoot, I really thought I was onto something -_-; I’m just gonna assume everyone knows more than me, haha.

Profile photo of Mike
      Mike
      Participant

Never assume that. You have fresh eyes on this. It would be easier for you to see something we might have missed at this point :)

Addison Born
      Participant

What @mike said! I was just relaying info we have right now, but there’s definitely something still out there, whether with Benny/Mark and SLC or elsewhere. All questions are important questions to ask for sure.

Profile photo of ReidV
    ReidV
    Participant

@jkonigsberg dont think that! The gatekeepers have been specifically saying we all have missed something, nows the perfect time for someone like you to swoop in :)

Profile photo of JoeKaye
      JoeKaye
      Participant

You honestly just put the biggest smile on my face! I really want to help. I’m scouring everything, taking short hand notes down on paper.

PuppetGirl
      Participant

All are equal until Enlightment is reached. Keep up the great work!

Profile photo of Andrew Kasch
    Andrew Kasch
    Participant

I tend to over-analyze everything the OOA puts in front of me and have found that my answers are always something that is in plain sight. So while I’m going deeper down the rabbit hole on these theories, I’m currently trying to think of the simplest explanation to the Gatekeeper’s riddle.

Profile photo of JoeKaye
      JoeKaye
      Participant

In that case U think about what has ALWAYS been here. Even though I’m new I’m certain the thing that has always been here over everything else is simply tensionexperience.com Very literally square one. I dunno…maybe that’s the definition of over analyzing.

Profile photo of Andrew Kasch
      Andrew Kasch
      Participant

In this case, I think the “thing that has always been there” has been THE PATH.

Profile photo of 111_error
      111_error
      Participant

That seems a pretty smart suggestion. The thing confusing me is the ‘wind the clock’ recurring clue.

Profile photo of JoeKaye
    JoeKaye
    Participant

Saw a new image posted to Facebook.

“Strange how paranoia can link up with reality now and then.”

Profile photo of JoeKaye
      JoeKaye
      Participant

Now this quote is specifically from Philip K. Dick’s “A Scanner Darkly.” In this story there is specific reference to a clinic called “The New Path.” Could this be a link to our new path?

PuppetGirl
      Participant

that was impressive

Profile photo of JoeKaye
    JoeKaye
    Participant

To continue links to what is happening between us. The protagonist is forced to be a part of cruel group think exercises, intended to break the will of the participants of the clinic….creepily close…

Profile photo of JoeKaye
      JoeKaye
      Participant

Taken from the Philip K. Dick wikipedia:

“All of his work starts with the basic assumption that there cannot be one, single, objective reality”, writes science fiction author Charles Platt. “Everything is a matter of perception. The ground is liable to shift under your feet. A protagonist may find himself living out another person’s dream, or he may enter a drug-induced state that actually makes better sense than the real world, or he may cross into a different universe completely.”

Just thought that was curious.

Profile photo of Cody
    Cody
    Participant

OMG a scanner fricken darkly! One of my all time favorite movies! As well as Waking Life.
    What a profound connection Joe.
    Verry simmilar indeed.
    Curses! Why must I be so busy today!

Profile photo of Cody
    Cody
    Participant

I think on that note.. I will be starting a Quantum/dynamics/physics and mechanics thread when time permits!

Profile photo of JoeKaye
    JoeKaye
    Participant

“Find out what your afraid of, and go live there.” -Chuck Palahniuk

Full quote:Be famous. Be a big social experiment in getting what you don’t want. Find value in what we’ve been taught is worthless. Find good in what the world says is evil. I’m giving you my life because I want the whole world to know you. I wish the whole world would embrace what it hates.
    Find what you’re afraid of most and go live there.

Anyone else besides me obsessed with Invisible Monsters?

Profile photo of Mike
      Mike
      Participant

Sadly I haven’t been much of a reader up until the last year or so, but these images/quotes and you talking about them, is making me put them on my list! So thank you @konigsberg for getting excited about these!

Profile photo of JoeKaye
      JoeKaye
      Participant

I’ve been obsessed with Chuck for the better part of a decade, so when I saw this quote I legit sqeueed. I’m glad I can get you excited about reading, knowledge is power!

Profile photo of Cody
    Cody
    Participant

“tomorrow is about community,
    today is about teaching lessons,”

Waiting to see what may be taught.
    Listening for what is not said.

Profile photo of Amie
    Amie
    Participant

Per Facebook, sounds like Tom might be in some trouble.

Per the dry wall, sounds like Tom was already in some trouble

Profile photo of Amie
      Amie
      Participant

@thegilded True, if only the dry wall could talk. So they took Tom at the event and I’m assuming maybe they also have his wife at this point. I wonder how Addison feels about all of this.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by Profile photo of Amie Amie.
    Profile photo of Amie
    Amie
    Participant

Tension is teasing, first periscope and now a Facebook post that has been removed. My notification shows they posted an update “5”. I’m sure it’ll be put back at some point…

• This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by Profile photo of Amie Amie.
      Profile photo of
      Anonymous

They did. Aleister did as well, and then both were deleted.

Profile photo of CharlieD
      CharlieD
      Participant

Ugh I can’t believe I missed it.

Profile photo of Melissa
      Melissa

Not before I screenshot that first.  :D

Profile photo of Jake O
      Jake O
      Participant

suddenly I feel like making some eggs

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register