Motives

This topic contains 89 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ReidV ReidV 7 years, 5 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of ReidV
    ReidV
    Participant

Heya,

With Ascension being extended (congrats!) There’s something I wanted to discuss.

I believe one of the best things this experience teaches is to be an individual. Both organizations have actively rewarded people who stood out, make their own choices and questioned the story unfolding around them.

When did this change?

Like all of you I am anxious to return to Ascension and revel in the mystery. I just lack a motive other than curiosity…

Let’s look at events:

Overseer has chosen Kim as her right hand. This means she disregarded all OoA-loyal candidates with this decision, including some obvious or logical choices like her Scribes Russell and Mike.

BoS members have been embraced back into the institute, without any accounting for their active attempts to destroy the OoA. OoA-loyal are expected to accept these decisions.

As someone who actively and loudly supported Addison while she was Gatekeeper 2, I find these events disheartening and alienating, and I”m sure I’m not the only one.

An argument can be made that Addison was brainwashed into these choices. However, at this point I find it moot. Many of us have interacted with her in person and the common opinion is that although her mind is fractured, her choices are definitely hers…

So taking things at face value, we have a system that rewards individualism and questioning… on one side.

Faced with this I am unsure how OoA-loyal can move forward. We’ve been loyal and had that discarded. We’ve made choices and had them deconstructed and mocked. We’ve been lied and betrayed to and it was played off.

So let’s talk. Because if we are to go back to Ascsenion, we need a motive.

Profile photo of AH-lay
    AH-lay
    Participant

I may be wrong but I seem to remember the @masterlock asking people to return to the institute to understand her more. So does this post mean you are returning, @atticus360? I hope it does ☺️

• This reply was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by Profile photo of AH-lay AH-lay.
      Profile photo of ReidV
      ReidV
      Participant

I am hoping to, but the purpose of this post is to find a logical reason why. Because Tension-Max doesn’t have that reason currently 😂

Profile photo of AH-lay
      AH-lay
      Participant

I guess a better question would be, “why not?” If you have the means to do it, then why not do it? I’m making a few sacrifices here and there to make it to my FIRST visit, so yeah, I think it would be awesome if you went, for everything good Tension has given you, for everything Addison gave you. I think you will find out once you get there.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by Profile photo of AH-lay AH-lay.
      Profile photo of ReidV
      ReidV
      Participant

And part of that feels that way, definitely. I’m making this point at all because I care about Tension a great deal… but also for that reason I need to question things before I go blindly back.

Profile photo of Addison Born
    Addison Born
    Participant

I can’t speak for everyone, as our paths are all unique, but I can speak for my own motives.

My motivation for returning was that of questions that needed answers. I went in seeing enlightenment, but not the enlightenment as was promised while the clock was being wound. I needed answers for what makes the clock run. I needed to see the gears as they turned. I needed to know whose time that clock was measuring.

I got those answers and more. But answers lead to more questions – questions that I’m not sure I have the ability to answer, and that gives me hope and fear for whatever comes next.

You have your own questions. There’s only one way to find the answers you’re looking for.

Profile photo of Michael Rizzo
      Michael Rizzo
      Participant

Yea, I have to agree with @addisonborn 100%… I just had to get closer to the truth and learn anything more I could. Like many people here I just wanted to know everything, and obviously that isn’t happening anytime soon but if I can learn even one new piece of truth, I would be there.

As for a reason of why a BOS member would return, the reasons are endless. How does the institute honestly run, why we’re so many BOS members turning around going back into the OOA, Who is the man wth the briefcase. How is addy holding up and dealing with everything. I can go on and on… and maybe I wanted to know if I was sure I was on the right side of this fence, I knew I believed in what the BOS stood for but there was still that small piece of me that wondered if the OOA had anything I could honestly gain from them… could they honestly make me a better person?

I came out with so so so many answers… but again like Addison born said, I left with that many more questions. I’m not sure what I think anymore, having gone back and going over everything that happened in there my mind is still reeling with ideas and theory’s and possible truths. All I can do is keep looking and hope I can make any kind of sense of what I saw in there.

From a BOS member to an OOA loyalist… I promise you, you will be glad you went back into their halls.

Profile photo of ReidV
      ReidV
      Participant

Thats what Im saying though… it is clearly a BoS narrative now. For BoS going to Ascension means “why am I included?” but for someone like me its “why I was betrayed?”

Profile photo of Michael Rizzo
      Michael Rizzo
      Participant

I do not agree with you on the idea that this is a BOS specific event at all. The only thing that made BOS specific is because the big thing you’ve read on here is that BOS people are flipping. By now it should be obvious that everyone’s path is there own and tailored to them, so obviously a BOS member’s return would include the fact they are BOS and their conceptions of the OOA. But if you were to go back I’m sure it would be very much different than mine.

Addy’s reason for everyone to come back, if I were to generalize it, is to make sure you still feel good about standing with her. You honestly just answered your own question: “why was I betrayed”
      If that is what you are going in there with in your head, then that’s your motive!

Nobody is asking you to go back, it’s your path to choose. If you want someone to honestly answer that question, you’re best bet is to just go ask her yourself.

Profile photo of Mustafa Said
    Mustafa Said
    Participant

So I’m not sure what I can say here, considering Ascension isn’t much of a possibility for me. But I still wanna try to answer some things from my own point of view.

“Overseer has chosen Kim as her right hand. This means she disregarded all OoA-loyal candidates with this decision, including some obvious or logical choices like her Scribes Russell and Mike.”

Sure, I found it a bit surprising at the time. Hell, I still find it a bit surprising. But I do think this: @masterlock didn’t make that choice haphazardly. I believe @electrichippo was chosen to play that role for a specific reason, the same way Russell was chosen to be her Scribe. And I think only time will tell what that role will be.

“BoS members have been embraced back into the institute, without any accounting for their active attempts to destroy the OoA. OoA-loyal are expected to accept these decisions.”

We all started this journey as being somewhat within the banner of the OOA. It took time and the further evolution of our knowledge of the world we found ourselves in for some of us to make the choice to leave the OOA and side with the BOS. Remember, @rizzzoooooo and @electrichippo were at the final event, the coming of Gatekeeper One-and I’m pretty sure Sentinel himself was there too. I feel that bringing in those from the BOS could be seen as a way to bring together the Tension community after all that has happened. Naturally, I don’t expect anyone who sides with the BOS to leave. But I think it was a gesture done to bring everyone together now that Ascension is in full force. However, all these reports from Ascension only hint that things are only going to get even bigger…

“We’ve been loyal and had that discarded. We’ve made choices and had them deconstructed and mocked. We’ve been lied and betrayed to and it was played off.”
    Personally, I don’t feel like this. I don’t feel discarded or ignored despite my position. I think @masterlock made the necessary choices required to do…something. I think she chose the people who she believed could help her carry out whatever it is she’s planning. She re-opened the doors of the OOA to the BOS despite the groups being enemies.
    At the end of it all, there aren’t many people left who choose to stand with the OOA. Even I’m not fully accepting of the entirety of the OOA-to me, there are groups within it that need to be dealt with. Once they are gone, I believe things could improve-maybe even get better. But right now, I don’t think I’m being ignored.
    I’m sure my time, as well as the time of the true followers of the OOA-the “True Believers” that @masterlock used to be at one point, the believers that the ODSM and the Clockmakers are scared of, will come.
    And I’m more than ready for that day to arrive.

Profile photo of Dan
    Dan
    Participant

I know I have a very definite and specific reason for going back. I can’t rest not knowing if I really did all I could to help someone that revealed herself to me. I can’t get back inside those walls soon enough.

Profile photo of Taylor
      Taylor
      Participant

I empathize with you, Dan. Sadie spoke to me and told me of some of the atrocities that were occurring in that compound and it made me really want to protect her. I spoke with her and Susan mostly, and am curious as to our interactions on my second visit. It is so hard to leave somewhere where you see something bad happening and all you want to do is help..

Profile photo of Dan
      Dan
      Participant

Thanks, Taylor. I’m very interested in your time with Sadie. Doesn’t seem like many others have met her. Did she give you a phone number to remember?

Profile photo of Taylor
      Taylor
      Participant

Hi Dan,

She did not! I read that in your other post though. I’m glad you were able to witness her carving your likeness into the furniture as well.

I first met Sadie in processing room when she came to me. The processor told her that I had not finished, but Sadie insisted this was the Overseer’s orders. So I was brought to her. For sake of spoilers, I will not reveal here (but can elsewhere if asked) what Addison told me. But Sadie kept close to my side, leading me from Addison to a waiting room to the elders then back to Addison. She also informed me that they were all forced to sleep in the same room. And Ellis was very violent with her and she was scared of him. I offered to help protect her and it seemed to make her happy. But I wasn’t able to stay with her very long after that. I still worry what has become of her. I hope she is still safe when I return.

Profile photo of Dan
      Dan
      Participant

Yeah, I’d definitely like to know what Addison told you if you want to send me a message. I’m definitely going to try to find her when I get back. Still no luck on the phone number. I might try again after work.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by Profile photo of Dan Dan.
      Profile photo of Blondie
      Blondie
      Participant

Interesting that you should mention Ellis. He is someone I am very much hoping to encounter on Sunday…

Profile photo of Taylor
      Taylor
      Participant

Hi Blondie,

Pleasure to meet you! Why so interested to encounter Ellis? and during my time in Ascension, it was impossible NOT to meet him!

Profile photo of Blondie
      Blondie
      Participant

Hi Taylor! A belated welcome from me; I have been reading your posts with great interest, but haven’t been able to engage as much as I have wanted with preparing to fly out to LA.

Ellis intrigues me. He is Ellis and he is not Ellis. He is expecting me so I think our meeting will be interesting. I am aware of his temper and can only imagine its effect on already fragile young women. But I am not threatened by him. Like I say, he fascinates me and I am somewhat of a “button pusher” so… I can only wait and see…

Profile photo of Taylor
      Taylor
      Participant

Thank you for the warm welcome. Safe travels and I am so glad that you are able to come out and experience Ascension. I’m sure they will make your show one that will stick with you for a long long time after it is done. Sorry, I was unable to contribute to your trip! But if I can make it out on Sunday, I will buy you a drink!

And as a button pusher as well, I welcome you to engage Ellis. I could only dream of being a fly on the wall for that interaction. Let me know how it goes. And good luck!

Profile photo of Dan
      Dan
      Participant

@blondie Found out that Ellis actually played a small part on the show I work on last season. Hmmm… >:)

Profile photo of Dan
      Dan
      Participant

Blondie, if you’re so interested in meeting Ellis, I might have a bit of information that would be of use to you. Sadie told me a name and said that if I mentioned it to him, he would freak the F out. My time with Ellis was so quick and I was so fixated on remembering the phone number, that I neglected to bring it up but maybe you can. Let me know if that’s something you’d like to try and I’ll give you the name.

Profile photo of Lawrence
      Lawrence
      Participant

Ellis??? Who the hell is Ellis????

Profile photo of Andrew Kasch
    Andrew Kasch
    Participant

My original motive for going back was the experience more of the OOA…more rooms…more characters…and strengthen my own path in this story. When Kim suddenly changed sides, I had a new motive…to find out why. And I was definitely confronted about it.

I can’t pretend I understand why or how decisions are made…I will just engage as much as possible and go wherever it leads me. That’s all any of us can really do.

I’ve read a lot of sound advice in this thread. It seems a prudent idea to remain aware of our surroundings, but if we focus too hard on that we might find we’ve lost ourselves and our own path in the process.

I won’t speak for @masterlock or betray the private words spoken in the Red Room. I’d say @kasch had the right idea when he went to her directly with his concerns. If we are reasonable with her, I trust she will be be reasonable, in return. If we show sincerity, she will likely return the kindness. We might not like what she has to say, but I do believe we can trust her words are the truth she is living.

Profile photo of Sadako
    Sadako
    Participant

@atticus360, have you thought that maybe @masterlock chose @electrichippo as her right hand because Kim’s loyalty to her was stronger than mere idealism?

Maybe your loyalty to the OOA is stronger than your loyalty to @masterlock. She and the OOA may be intertwined, but that doesn’t mean she has lost her individualism. From my experiences with her, I believe her sense of identity has only grown stronger since becoming Overseer.

Keep in mind that just because your perspective differs from hers doesn’t mean it’s inherently wrong.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by Profile photo of Sadako Sadako.
    • This reply was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by Profile photo of Sadako Sadako.
      Profile photo of ReidV
      ReidV
      Participant

😂😂😂

Profile photo of Amie
    Amie
    Participant

@atticus360 I hope you do find a motivation to return to the Institute. I think it will be worth your time but you certainly have to make that decision for yourself. I am returning this Saturday. There were things inside I saw that I hope to learn more about. That’s my motivation. (Maybe other things too… 😉 )

Profile photo of Michelle
    Michelle
    Participant

Max…

I believe we all go in with our own _path. You will know yours if you are able to return. I will find myself inside those walls yet again and know what answers I seek when I return.

Max, let me be clear, I do not believe that this is now a BoS narrative. Sometimes, often, things I say here seem to fall upon deaf ears. I will say it again, I believe that there is a storm coming. It may take all of us to unite to fight it. I don’t know what that is though. I can’t pin point it. Maybe is has to do with the OSDM, maybe Anoch, maybe BoS infiltrating the OOA. I honestly do not know. I have no answers for you there, I’m sorry.

I do know this though. The Overseer will spend time with you, Max. You will have an opportunity to express your concerns and your feeling of betrayal. She will welcome you in and sit with you to talk as she has done with all of us.

I believe in her though I do not understand her some of her choices. Express to her your concerns, your fears for her and maybe the OOA. If it is coming from a place of genuine sincerity and the desire to seek understanding, I do not believe she will refuse you.

Profile photo of Taylor
    Taylor
    Participant

I have read through this thread and find the words both enlightening but also very emotional. The choices being made often reflect those of the business world. Companies can chose to promote from within and honor the loyalism that their employees have given. Or they can chose to promote externally, which can leverage strengths and skills from those not fully acquainted with the culture of the company. This diversity can help bring new ideas to a team. Furthermore, it can help align those who support that person. And to me, this is a clear case of external promotion.

By bringing Kim in as Addison’s right hand, the BOS followers are now brought back in to the OOA, eliminating resistance to their movement. This is an insanely smart move. Furthermore, it brings in diversity, new ideas, and a different viewpoint to the leadership. Again, this is brilliant. If you support the OOA, trusting in their decisions and Kim seems to be the logical choice. I for one support this and am excited to see where it goes. I just bought my second ticket and will continue to look for my own answers, but I do know that currently, they have my loyalty.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by Profile photo of Taylor Taylor.
      Profile photo of Mike
      Mike
      Participant

@taysavestheday – your theory is good, but you’re assuming one big major point….that people will just blindly follow Kim to the OOA. Everyone in BoS can choose what they want to do as their _path is their own. I hope (for funsies) that there are those who remain loyal to the cause they fought for and do cause more trouble and rifts. Also, you’re assuming that people in the OOA are all happy and blindly approve of this, which may not be the case.

Profile photo of Taylor
      Taylor
      Participant

That is a big assumption, and thanks for pointing that out. I don’t think people will follow Kim blindly. But I do think that if they had loyalty to her, it was because she was a logical, fair, and strong leader. And from my interactions with Kim, she has been all of those things and more. So with that respect and trust, if she was to re-join the OOA, then she must have a good reason to do so. Thus, if I was a BOS follower, then I would have more reason to trust in that and be open to rejoining myself.

So, I don’t think they will be blindly following, but I do think it opens a unique opportunity and facilitates a conversation to re-join for those members. Some will always be not happy and that’s a good thing. We always need people to question and regulate our actions. Group think is a very dangerous thing.

Profile photo of Mike
      Mike
      Participant

@taysavestheday – Loyalty to her or BoS? Because if it’s loyalty to her, then she’s basically a pied piper and can/will manipulate anyone into whatever her agenda is. I hope that’s not the case and BoS members actually had loyalty to the cause of exposing the truth of the OOA and rescuing Addison.

I still have my own personal opinions and theories about why she joined back and I will ask Addison myself at some point in the future about it. Until then…I can only go off of what I see and read on the forums, not in back alley talks (rip)

Profile photo of Taylor
      Taylor
      Participant

I would disagree that Kim is a manipulator with the intention of getting people to follow her agenda. She has made her decision, and I believe that simply opens a door to those who are open minded enough to consider that a door is now open for them–but ultimately the choice is theirs. I’m sure Kim can add even more enlightenment to this situation. Has Kim publicly stated why she has taken the position? And I do hope you ask Addison. I’m sure you will let us know what she says.

And as I said in my previous post, I too hope that the Brotherhood does remain vigilant in questioning the OOA and providing an alternative viewpoint. Any organization can benefit from reflecting, regulation, and considering opposing views.

Yes, I agree that speculation has a place and a time, but it should be grounded in fact and precedent.

Profile photo of ReidV
      ReidV
      Participant

Huh, that sounds just like suppression of ideas.

This is before Kim “twisted your arm” to be here, but there was a time when people voiced their opinions and weren’t smothered over with “reasonable” arguments that all sound like one person speaking for them.

Profile photo of Taylor
      Taylor
      Participant

Max, where are these suppression of ideas? I spoke of no such thing. I fully support all ideas to be voices and considered. Even the smallest voice should be considered. I would never let anyone speak for me. I have my own head, my own brain, and my own opinions. I am just commenting on things as I see them, and currently, that is from a position of logic, not emotion.

And Kim “twisting my arm” to get me here has nothing to do with my loyalties. Mike has asked me to be here for some time here as well. But I now have the time to be more active, and I look forward to adding my part. And I promise to always be honest, transparent, and helpful.

Profile photo of Mike
      Mike
      Participant

Mike has asked me to be here for some time here as well.

We all make mistakes

😛

Profile photo of ReidV
      ReidV
      Participant

@taysavestheday Others have promised that before, but I look forward to your attempts. We could use some new voices on here.

Profile photo of Taylor
      Taylor
      Participant

Max, thank you for welcoming me with an open mind. I hope to be a new voice. Even if Mike thinks he made a huge mistake 😛

Feel free to reach out if you need anything!

Profile photo of Mike
      Mike
      Participant

Don’t confuse my words kind sir. I never said she was a manipulator. I said that if people are loyal to her instead of a cause, and they follow HER instead of beliefs they have, then it can lead to that sort of power. I don’t believe she has said “why”. I don’t think it’s something to really question when you’re put in that position. Actually, do we even know if she was asked? or was she told?

Profile photo of Taylor
      Taylor
      Participant

Mike, I am glad be both agree that she is not; and that we both agree that people should not follow a person, but rather follow their mind and/or their heart.

As for the concept of following a leader, I’m speaking to concept of “transference.” People follow leaders for both rational and irrational reasons. First, the rational ones are conscious and therefore, are well-known. They have to do with the hopes of gaining money, status, or power by following a great leader. If they don’t follow a great leader, the potential to miss out exists.

The irrational motivations are more influential because they lie outside the realm of our awareness, and therefore, beyond our ability to control them. For the most part, these motivations arise from the powerful images and emotions in our unconscious that we project onto our relationships with leaders. Sigmund Freud was the first person to provide some explanation of how a follower’s unconscious motivations work. After practicing psychoanalysis for a number of years, Freud was puzzled to find that his patients—who were, in a sense, his followers—kept falling in love with him. Although most of his patients were women, the same thing happened with his male patients. Freud realized that his patients’ idealization of him couldn’t be traced to his own personal qualities, but instead people were relating to him as if he were some important person from their past—usually a parent.

Thus, there is precedent and understanding for why people follow leaders that lies far beyond just their beliefs and logic. In a perfect world, everyone could form their own opinions and follow their own intellect. However, a lot of people are controlled by forces beyond that of their own consciousness and we must be aware of that.

Reference:
      https://hbr.org/2004/09/why-people-follow-the-leader-the-power-of-transference

Profile photo of Mike
      Mike
      Participant

But there is a 3rd (or could possibly get tied in with “rational”)….but…Fear. Fear plays a major roll in a lot of choosing (not just sides, but in general). Fear can manipulate you. Fear can make you do things you never thought you would, or could, do. Fear can push you over the edge. I mean, if we’re talking about leaders, take a look at what happened in Germany.

I think Fear can lead into the rational, but instead, it’s more of a “Oh, if I don’t play along, I, or someone I love, might get killed”. If they don’t follow the “fear” leader, then they might not…live

Profile photo of Taylor
      Taylor
      Participant

I am rather enjoying this conversation, Mike!

Fear is an extremely powerful motivator. And a good leader can use their effectivity to either lift and enlighten or to oppress and dictate. And your example of Germany during the 1930’s to mid 1940’s is a perfect example of power used to further one leader’s goals. That is why regulation and dispersal of power is important. A dictatorship is the most effective way to lead, but that puts all power on one person, and people are easily corruptible, especially when hoods are involved. So spreading the power through checks and balances is the easiest way to protect against that, but makes leadership that much more inefficient.

If OOA leadership ever starts using fear and threats to get people to fall in line, you bet I’ll be one of the first to speak out against it and work to problem solve the situation.

Profile photo of Mike
      Mike
      Participant

Here’s the thing about a dictatorship…when one person is in charge, they can do what they want, with (seemingly) no input from anyone else, and sometimes, changes are made based on personal opinion and emotion. So to force this leadership team on the community is not right. When Addison says this “What transpired between @electrichippo and myself is for her, I, and the RED ROOM” – how is that good leadership for the community you’re trying to lead? We are The One, and we had no say in this?

We, the people, want answers as to “why”. She then said that in order to get those answers to come “back inside my halls, and we can discuss this personally.” So already, people who want answers and who want to ask questions are put to a disadvantage. It’s uneven ground. Why not have a Periscope of the Union and let us all know? Why do these answers have to come in secret?

Profile photo of ReidV
      ReidV
      Participant

This. 👏

Profile photo of AH-lay
      AH-lay
      Participant

@mike Why? Because how else would you go a second time to Ascension, inside the OOA walls again? 😉 She wants you back in, we already had the periscopes.

Profile photo of AH-lay
      AH-lay
      Participant

Also, GK2 in Anoch’s words spoke about The One, it was the OOA who has been afraid of The One, not GK2, she got kidnapped and now we have Overseer who doesn’t seem to remember who The One is, does she?

Michelle
      Participant

@mike Yeeeeeesss! Perfection. 👏🏻👏🏻

Profile photo of Taylor
      Taylor
      Participant

Thanks for enlightening me to this situation, Mike. This does seem very counterintuitive to the transparency that she speaks so highly of. This is surprising and I now understand the frustration of those who seek answers. Patience may be worthwhile, but that doesn’t change the lack of honesty now.

I think ultimately it depends on what kind of leadership the OOA wants. Sad to say, but if they have a dictatorship, then we really have no choice. The leader will make the decisions and we will have to follow or leave, even if we are The One. And “good leadership” depends on what we mean by the word good? Do we mean effective? Do we mean fair? Or do we mean transparent? Or do we mean follows the will and opinions of its people? As I mentioned early, a dictatorship is extremely effective, but may not be fair, transparent, or considerate of our opinions. So if this truly is a dictatorship, we can let our opinions known, but they don’t have to listen. This opens up room for abuse of power. So time will show what will happen, but we do have options to join the BOS if we aren’t happy with current leadership. Actions speak louder than words.

Addison Born
      Participant

@taysavestheday Going into Ascension and my second visit with the OOA, I was a member of the BOS. Kim is my friend, but she was not my leader.

I was open to all angles, as I figured there was a good reason for Kim to switch literally overnight, and I knew going in that I’d need to hear a very good argument for the things they’re doing. While I did hear a good argument, and one that has many points I agree with, I was not able to disregard the actions of the OOA and their reasoning behind those actions. Based on what I know right now, I will still stand with those the OOA has taken advantage of, has victimized, has damaged.

Kim talked often about independent thinking, transparency, equality. I’m interested to see how those values are being incorporated into her new position. Kim’s there, the Overseer’s right hand. I’m not sure everyone even within the OOA is happy about that, but that’s how it is.

Profile photo of Taylor
      Taylor
      Participant

Hi Addison! I have heard many great things of you in these forums and through Kim and Rizzo. Nice to meet you!

When’s your second visit? I am going for my second on the 4th of November.

And thank you for sharing the viewpoint of a member of the BOS. Kim, has spoken to me of transparency, intelligence, and equality before as well. So I too am very curious how she incorporates these into her new role. As I said previously, I am all for all viewpoints to be considered, and when I first heard of the BOS, it did speak to me. I asked Mike for the opposing viewpoint on the OOA as well. I have not made a decision yet as to wear my loyalties lie, but I hope to make a decision as I learn more and see how the OOA adapts and changes with Kim in her new position. And for you, I do applaud your ability to listen to Kim’s reasoning and make your own decision. You seem like a man of conviction and I admire that.

I hope that Kim has a positive effect on the OOA and that with her guidance they can change for the better. My boss took a job within manufacturing because they were struggling, and he saw he could make the biggest difference there. If Kim can make a difference there and help take steps to make sure more people are not victimized, then it can be something people can get behind. Only time will tell.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by Profile photo of Taylor Taylor.
      Addison Born
      Participant

@taysavestheday Good to meet you too! My second visit was this past Saturday. I went in with Rizzo and a whole lot of questions, and received answers.. and many more questions.

I joined the BOS due to the contents of Addison’s journal, as it shined a bright light on the corruption and the predatory nature of those in power at OOA. I stayed with the BOS due to equality – there is no leader, there are no secrets kept, and all were and are responsible for the information that has been gained.

My mind is always open, should the OOA change course. But yep, like you said, only time will tell.

Profile photo of Taylor
      Taylor
      Participant

Ah, I’m glad you enjoyed your second visit! I do remember seeing the pictures on Instagram. I will let you know how my second goes, and if I plan a third :)

And I understand that choice fully. Reading Addison’s journal did reveal a lot of questions that I do not have answers to yet. I would love to understand more as I pour over these forums and meet many of its members. I do resonate well with the idea of equality found in the BOS. Valuing each person’s opinion and voice can be extremely helpful. I’m sure it helps with trust as well as you all are on equal footing. I’m glad you have an open mind and hope to talk to you further about these issues!

Profile photo of ReidV
    ReidV
    Participant

Heya,

I intended this to be a discussion about how the narrative has shifted and how that has affected the OoA-loyal half of things… i apologize if it became more about myself, that wasent my intention at all.

It seems like many seem alright with some form of reunification under Overseer, so my concern seems mostly unfounded. I honestly hope that is a good and positive thing.

As for me, I have a deep well of emotion for Tension… and so often my best and positive intentions become something critical and dark and I hate seeing that side of things, because despite everything I love the world that was created here and value every friend ive made along the way.

Alright, enough babbling 😂

Profile photo of Taylor
      Taylor
      Participant
    Profile photo of TinNose
    TinNose
    Participant

I’m going back November 9th @ 11PM. Personally, I’m not looking for answers. I think I’m actually looking for more questions.

Profile photo of Samson
    Samson
    Keymaster

The decisions made in the Red Room are that of the individuals and the individuals alone… cease this conversation or we will remove the the thread and possibly your account.

Samson
    OSDM

Profile photo of Mustafa Said
      Mustafa Said
      Participant

At last. I’d say it’s nice to meet you, @samson, but I’d be lying if that was the case.

Profile photo of ReidV
      ReidV
      Participant

@samson do it. I dare you. Kick me out and prove everything I said was correct.

Andrew Kasch
      Participant

That didn’t take long…

Guys, I have encountered @samson in person. You don’t wanna fuck with him.

Profile photo of Taylor
      Taylor
      Participant

I can second that. I encountered him in Ascension. Whenever he entered the white room, all of the women would stand and face the wall until he exited. I would tread lightly.

Profile photo of Mike
      Mike
      Participant

I can understand that pure just doing your job right now, but, with those “descisions of the individuals and individuals alone” has a much greater impact then just hose individuals. The descisions made in the Red Room affect us all…even you my friend.

It’s funny you threaten us after I talk about fear being a motivator. While you try to strike fear into us to silence our voices, what is it that YOU fear? Is it Addisons wrath? Is it someone we haven’t met yet? Is it that you fear a revolt is coming outside, or possibly inside your walls?

Do as you wish with my account and this thread…you may be able to silence me, but others shall step up to take my place. Strike them down, and others will take heir place…the cycle shall continue.

Profile photo of Liv
      Liv
      Participant

Well that escalated quickly. I was going to quip that a Keymaster who has to have facebook security protocol explained to him probably isn’t much of a threat, but in light of current events, I agree with Andrew and Taylor, don’t mess with Samson. >.<!

Profile photo of Rusty
    Rusty
    Participant

My second experience at Ascension left me feeling sad, grateful, somewhat confused… but sensing there was purpose behind the recent unfolding events. Mainly because one person, who I chose to trust, told me that. I wonder if I may have made a misstep on my _path. I have been quiet recently. Now, I am glad I have remained that way.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

@atticus360 and @mumumusings – are you out there?

Profile photo of Amie
    Amie
    Participant

@coryphella it seems they are still blocked. Maybe The Overseer is working on that though…

• This reply was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by Profile photo of Amie Amie.
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous

And @mike?!?

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

FWIW I honestly did *not* notice that there’s a bright red rectangle with the word “Blocked” under their pics.

Profile photo of Amie
    Amie
    Participant

I do hope she rights this! Silence never helped anyone attain anything.

Michelle
    Participant

Com•mu•ni•ty: a feeling of fellowship with others, as a result of sharing common attitudes, interests, and goals.

He said others would step up. My words are never as eloquent as his but I believe in @mike. I’ve always, ALWAYS, felt he has been a strong voice of reason among us. He’s a leader within our ranks, yet we go quiet when he, @mumumusings, and @atticus360 are silenced? As a community we should want answers for why they’ve been silenced.

I’m not placing any blame upon anyone’s shoulders. But, why when they’ve expressed opinions and concerns that may not be favourable to someone within the OOA/OSDM they are silenced? This should be a huge red flag to us. Again, I’m not placing blame anywhere because I don’t know who has banned them, my guess is @samson. But, why? Censorship should not be tolerated.

Please @masterlock help us… Reinstate them.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by Profile photo of Michelle Michelle.
    • This reply was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by Profile photo of Michelle Michelle.
      Profile photo of Taylor
      Taylor
      Participant

I will second this! Even if the leadership doesn’t agree with dissenting views does not mean they should block them. If Mike and the others were being slanderous, rude, or inciting violence, I can see a need for such drastic measures. But they were eloquent and logical. They don’t need to comply with their words, but they should at least listen. It is our job as their followers to make them listen to. Together, we are powerful.

Profile photo of Bryan
      Bryan
      Participant

Well said, @halfbloodfangirl. @mike and @mumumusings have been incredibly welcoming members of the community to a lot of us noobs, both online and IRL. Their participation and example is to be commended and celebrated, not deleted.

@samson, I met you before at the Institute. You called yourself by a different name at that time (a fact that raises concerns) and when you didn’t get the answers you wanted from me you had me dragged out of the room. But I have zero doubt that you are a smart man who must know that tactics like that — or the silencing of measured, questioning voices like Mike and @atticus360 — will never lead to order. Not when a community is willing to step up and protect its own.

@masterlock has spent her time trying to unite people under her greater vision, bumpy though it may have been lately. You appear to want to divide and silence us. If so, why… and if that isn’t your motivation, why have you removed these voices from the community?

Profile photo of Taylor
      Taylor
      Participant

Do you remember what name he called himself by in Ascension? I am concerned by the call I received in which they said that he was not with them. I do not trust Samson, and am so happy to see such a warm and inviting community band together to stand against someone who wishes to silence those respected members among us.

Profile photo of Bryan
      Bryan
      Participant

Steven Cassiday (sp?). At 16:50 here.

Andrew Kasch
    Participant

I would like to know what @masterlock thinks about what @samson is doing.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by Profile photo of Andrew Kasch Andrew Kasch.
      Profile photo of Melissa
      Melissa

Oh man she can’t be happy.

Profile photo of Lukas L
    Lukas L
    Participant

I think @masterlock is in total fucking control. I don’t see any glitches, ticks, or tocks. or tocks. or tocks. Everything happens for a reason. Everything is a series of 1’s and 0’s. Everyone has a self serving motive. Even if it is to help someone else its a motive that you want to achieve. Self serving. In some situations you can show your motive in the light for everyone to see. Some motives are hidden in plain sight but nobody pays attention to the grey. @masterlock is the darkness. Her motive is not supposed to be seen. Not supposed to be seen. Seen. Glory Be @masterlock . I said it in Ascension, I know you were listening when I said it. When I was asked how you were doing. My response then hold true now. @masterlock is in total control… I didnt see any glitches. Any glitches… @masterlock is in total control.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by Profile photo of Lukas L Lukas L.
    • This reply was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by Profile photo of Lukas L Lukas L.
    Profile photo of Liv
    Liv
    Participant

Does anyone know what the difference between “Spectator” and “Blocked” is?

Profile photo of Melissa
      Melissa

Honestly I THINK spectator can still look but can’t post. Blocked is just straight up blocked.

Either way for @mumumusings, @atticus360, and @mike

IT’S SAMSON BULLSHIT.

Lawrence
    Participant

Greetings to all. I’ve made a few posts here and I wanted to piggyback on some insights Taylor has provided. I came to Tension a mere 3 weeks ago, so I have vast gaps in information. Many people see having incomplete information as a liability. I see it as an asset, for it requires the use of intuition and instinct over reason and logic.

I believe the latter two are of little use in this grand scenario.

I was gratified to see how every member of this fine community has demonstrated compassion, kindness, and caring for The Overseer and the handlers, and their respective well-being. How refreshing to find a group of good-hearted individuals in such contentious times.

I caution, however, that as Taylor suggests, it is these very traits that may…and I emphasize “may”…be clouding one’s vision. Be aware that what we see and feel about these people is partially the result of an unconscious projection. We can see this in the discussion of the 8/25 Facebook ad with the two women. Different people saw different things in that photo because of what each individual projected onto it. Some saw it as exploitative, others as a sisterly bond, and so on.

Men such as myself, with the very common “caretaker complex”, will feel compelled to protect or to save, particularly a woman, when the subject of that projection may or may not, in fact, not need saving. To share an anecdote, like many of us, we were concerned at the requests for help. At my second visit, upon arrival, The Overseer knew this was exactly the reason for my return, and said in no uncertain terms, to set that aside.
    “Do not get in my way,” she warned.

In retrospect, I see this was not a threat, but rather an inference, that my visit was about *me*, and what I was seeking — and not to feed a complex which would only get in my own way of awareness. Indeed, in the Red Room, I experienced a catharsis, a gift of immeasurable value I did not expect to receive. Perhaps this would not have occurred had I not heeded her.

This, I hypothesize, is what each of us must consider. And by “consider”, I do not mean with one’s mind, but rather with one’s intuition and feelings. What OOA’s mission seems to be, if I may be so bold to suggest, is not to concern ourselves too much with the external drama, but rather its effect on our respective internal awareness.

Thus, Samson’s quote above, “The decisions made in the Red Room are that of the individuals and the individuals alone”, might perhaps be seen in a different light. I refer each of you to your own dreams, and call to mind those nightmares where you feel a malevolent unseen presence that you wish to run from. Oftentimes, that presence is The Truth, which terrifies us all. Perhaps, in one’s zeal to protect The Overseer, one is also projecting malevolent intent onto others who appear as a threat…but may not be.

Again, I apologize for the intrusion, and if what I offer contradicts what others know to be true.

Glory Be.

Profile photo of Taylor
      Taylor
      Participant

Larry, thank you for the thoughtful follow up to my posts. I have really valued and respected the ability of people to bond together as a community over a given task. I have seen this at work, in experiences, and again in here. It is wonderful how warm and accepting everyone has been, especially to newcomers and those seeking answers. Everyone has their own strengths and weaknesses, and together, we can leverage each other’s strengths and see different sides of the same story. I find that to be incredibly powerful and thought-provoking. As I read through these forums, I am constantly thinking outside of my own box of comfort and considering viewpoints that I would have not thought of on my own. And for that, I love this community very much.

Lawrence
      Participant

To that end, Taylor, I think it would be a good idea if we all banded together, and attacked the internet to spread the word about TENSION. They have extended to Nov 13 but I’m astonished, after all the local press, this isn’t sold out into next year. I would love to coordinate with you and anyone else to target specific demographics in SoCal to encourage attendance. Should take very little effort.

Michelle
    Participant

I’m happy to see that @mike, @atticus360, and @mumumusings have been reinstated to participants. Thank you @masterlock for looking out of our community.

Profile photo of ReidV
      ReidV
      Participant

💜

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

Thank you for unblocking us. While I appreciate what you’ve done for us, I worry that you may have pissed off someone who apparently is someone you don’t want to piss off. Hopefully you didn’t undermine him and he will just have to deal with it.

Profile photo of ReidV
      ReidV
      Participant

ugh you had to unblock him too? 😂😂😂

Profile photo of PuppetGirl
    PuppetGirl
    Participant

@atticus360 I haven’t kept up with the forum much this month because of life, and honestly I didn’t read this entire chain even because it’s long and I’m very far behind…but I feel you on the OOA thing. I’ve supported OOA all along and I was surprised to see BOS coming around. It feels a little like the prodigal son story. As far as reasons to attend a second time, that’s a personal thing and can’t speak to that.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by Profile photo of PuppetGirl PuppetGirl.
    Profile photo of Mouse
    Mouse
    Participant

I have only been to Tension once but a lot of people reference the “red room”. It seems like this is the most important room. I am going a second time in a week – Any way to make sure I get to see (experience) the red room

Profile photo of ReidV
    ReidV
    Participant

“You’re very clever, young man, very clever,” said the old lady. “But it’s turtles all the way down!”

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register