My Response to Overseer

Tension brand Forums INTERACTIONS WITH THE OOA My Response to Overseer

This topic contains 15 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of CharlieD CharlieD 7 years, 10 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

Dearest @masterlock, with all due respect to you and everyone at the OOA, I needed to make this thread since you won’t allow replies in your own thread after calling people out. What you said really rubbed me the wrong way and feel I need to make my “voice heard”.

I will be the first to admit that I converse in private with other active members, but you already knew that. I appreciate EVERYTHING you have done and allowed me to do, so this is not from a place of ill will, more of place of sticking up for ourselves. You accuse us of having things to hide? Maybe we do, as we’re afraid that our _path will be ruined by speaking out. Do you want us to talk about everything in the open that we talk about privately? Like how people are are thinking that this is a big contradiction by saying “Only the active move forward”.

For example, there was someone who got invited to this next event whose VERY first post on the forums was talking about getting invited. Tell me, how is that being active? How is someone being active that doesn’t know what the Omega line is or needs cliff notes on what has happened because they haven’t been active (this is not an insult at him, it’s not his fault that he got picked). That’s just one example. Perception is everything. There are a few other people who aren’t active and message me asking “What does this mean? What did I miss?”. So yes, that is what a lot of those private conversations are. Now they’re public and what say you?

In the last podcast, I said that I was convinced that the OOA has a plan for all of us. I do believe that, BUT, one thing I learned early on in my career is that perception is everything. And your perception is that you’re not following through on your own advice. You want a community built. What better way to tear it apart by having mixed messages like this?

So have fun throwing stones in your glass house. I needed to vent and stick up for myself and my fellow Apostles. I hope you allow me to continue on my path, but if not, Glory Be.

Sincerely,

Scribe I

Profile photo of 111_error
    111_error
    Participant

Profile photo of Overseer
    Overseer
    Keymaster

I thank you for your honest words!

This was not meant for you, or the most, but for the handful of people who have made it a point to distract and throw others off the path, including sending malicious private messages, or blackmail based emails if we don’t expose x, y, or z then they will (fill in the blank).

Never be scared to speak your truth to us – nor we you.

Overseer
    Keymaster

I thank you for your honest words!

This was not meant for you, or the most, but for the handful of people who have made it a point to distract and throw others off the path, including sending malicious private messages, or blackmail based emails if we don’t expose x, y, or z then they will (fill in the blank).

Never be scared to speak your truth to us – nor we you.

Profile photo of Mike
      Mike
      Participant

Thank you @masterlock

When I read your message, I took that as a slight against myself and some of the other active people who have been and who have become friends. Thank you for clarifying that it is not about us.

Glory Be!

Profile photo of creepsociety
    creepsociety
    Participant

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Profile photo of Amie
    Amie
    Participant

Thank you Mike!

Profile photo of Susie J
    Susie J
    Participant

**hugs**

Profile photo of Daela
    Daela
    Participant

mic drop

Overseer
    Keymaster

This is why you were chosen as the first.

The minute you hold your tongue in fear you will have been compromised.

Glory Be Mike!

Profile photo of Cody
    Cody
    Participant

Here here! Well spoken. Truth from the heart is hard to deny.
    I am guilty of speaking to others in PM. Never in a way I ever considered malicious in any way to anyone or the OOA though. Maybe like you said @mike, Not sure how open to be about certain things.
    Sounds like Rizzo gets a second chance!
    That’s awesome. I hope he finds his key.
    I am quite shocked that anyone would be so brazen as to blackmail the Institute etc.. this is pretty extreme behavior. lol. Desperation.

Profile photo of Cody
    Cody
    Participant

“the handful of people who have made it a point to distract and throw others off the path”.
    How are we to know If we are throwing others off their path let alone walking a true _path ourselves?
    I have only intuition to go by.
    I am sure many others feel the same way.

Profile photo of Melissa
    Melissa

@mike, learned a valuable lesson here, thank you always for your “voice” on the forum.

Profile photo of PuppetGirl
    PuppetGirl
    Participant

Thank you @mike! You are awesome.

Profile photo of Rusty
    Rusty
    Participant

Thank you @mike and thank you @masterlock. This exchange has come at a very good moment.

Mike, you have obviously expressed the thoughts of many we have encountered. I, too, interpreted it as a criticism of the community that we have been encouraged to form, at first. I would like to say that as someone who is struggling, at times, to remain up-to-date on events unfolding simply because of a very demanding schedule… if that community were not there for me with support and encouragement and guidance, I would have no desire to continue on my _path. (Even as I understand that path to be individual to me.)

This exchanged has helped me… and made me aware of things that I had not noticed up until now.

Profile photo of CharlieD
    CharlieD
    Participant

Thank you.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register