My takeaway from the Griffith Park Letter

Tension brand Forums THEORIES, PUZZLES, DECODING THEIR MESSAGE My takeaway from the Griffith Park Letter

This topic contains 34 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Amie Amie 7 years, 11 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Melissa
    Melissa

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AK2gQGsi79PKViF2lfebnZ2eqqmWUr850H_LMejh174/edit?usp=sharing

Open to all, my comments are being added on. NO, I’M NOT FOUR. I can’t go to swim today so I’m bored. I took it upon myself to transcribe the letter (sans margin comments, I can use your help with that).

In short we are being told to SHARE what we find and stop being so scared of expressing our opinions. Unless we tell the OOA to fuck themselves (or a Tension staff tells you shush), it’s in bounds. :) That’s my takeaway though. What’s yours?

Please let me know if you’re having technical problems.

• This topic was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by Profile photo of Melissa Melissa.
    Profile photo of TheBuz
    TheBuz
    Participant

Thank you for this. The 8’s seem quite perplexing. The 242 reference also adds up to 8.

Also it does seem that someone may be hiding a piece of info.

Profile photo of Melissa
    Melissa

Of course! I try to do what I can! :)

Also, holy moly I missed the 242 = 8 thank you for pointing that out @thebuz

Wow I’m dense. So….8 seems to be a common thread here in the letter.

So, going out on a real limb here but did we as a Community miss 8 things or items or clues? I really hope not because that’s a lot.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by Profile photo of Melissa Melissa. Reason: forgot to thank buz!

I know for a fact that several people were tasked with information, clues, hints, or pieces of the puzzle recently. I VERY strongly believe that there are 8 of us who are holding information back from the class, either intentionally or unintentionally

Profile photo of Mike
      Mike
      Participant

Do you know/can you say if these people are active forum members? If they’re not, I’m worried they might not see this. Are there other ways to get their attention?

I’m afraid I’m not certain, but I believe that at least most of them are active forum users

Profile photo of Mike
      Mike
      Participant

Profile photo of 111_error
      111_error
      Participant

Profile photo of Melissa
      Melissa

Interesting @thegilded, so 8 wouldn’t be a stretch then. I don’t want this to turn into a lynch mob of people who held back with clues but people COME ON. Yes, we’re all told that we all have our own _Path BUT Tension stresses the hell out of COMMUNITY. Holding back clues/items/puzzles IS a disservice to the COMMUNITY and ~4 here is trying to hammer that point. I’m sticking to that, no hard feelings to anybody that made the mistake of hiding things in the dark or done so inadvertently.

And reading more into this letter if I’m right, Addison and our lack of action probably hurt us. I hope it didn’t hurt Addison too.

Profile photo of Melissa
    Melissa

@thebuz, to add here on your track of thought. Ya, there has to be something we’re not seeing because WHY would ~4 hammer the whole sharing theme? Yes, I get the whole “OOA doesn’t like the whispers in the dark thing” but they made that extremely clear a while ago, that’s not news.

I really think we’re or did miss something…

Profile photo of Andrew Kasch
    Andrew Kasch
    Participant

Is it possible the numbers that were given over the phone to initiates before the Ringing of the Bell play into this?

Profile photo of Melissa
    Melissa

Can you elaborate @kasch, I’m not following unfortunately. :-/

Andrew Kasch
      Participant

Certain people were given numbers when they received their confirmation calls last week. We never did get to the bottom of that, did we?

Profile photo of Melissa
      Melissa

Ah. Gotcha. I did not get numbers so I think that’s why I was kinda confused.

Profile photo of Melissa
      Melissa

@kasch, do you know who got those numbers? If so, consider tagging them here in this thread, maybe they’ll remember!

Profile photo of Mike
      Mike
      Participant

I think @endlesspictures did and Derek (not sure his name on here) but @monkeymuffin333 might know it

Profile photo of Susie J
      Susie J
      Participant

@nosnevets got them as well as me (I?)

Profile photo of Nosnevets
      Nosnevets
      Participant

(Sorry for the late reply and sitting on info. Life caught up and I was caught producing a video for a bit.) I’m not sure if @monkeymuffin333 in the other thread or not, but yes I received numbers as well. I record my phone calls via an app. Very helpful for ARGs plus I think I might be slightly deaf so it just helps for work. (Don’t worry all normal calls I delete. I’m not monitoring your, I might be a weirdo but not that insane.) Susie helped me listen and figure out some of the numbers and possibly fill in her own. Heres a link to the recording in my dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/z6na7usp28n5wxl/call_22-12-53_IN_.WAV?dl=0

Profile photo of Addison Born
      Addison Born
      Participant

I’m hearing 14 / 31 / NML / 13 / SF ??

Profile photo of Nosnevets
      Nosnevets
      Participant

I’m surprised you’ve gotten that much @addisonborn … between the weird robo voice, my partial deafness, and speaking over one bit that is…

Yeah @addisonborn, how did you hear a thing? I tried and failed massively. Maybe @111error can use his fancy audio equipment and get something definitive?

111_error
      Participant

I’ll give this a try a bit later and report back.

111_error
      Participant

Okay, so I messed around with the file, but there’s basically nothing report because the sections where sound is missing are not just quiet, but actually mute and devoid of any sound to enhance.

The initial “ock” sound before the voice says “Long time, no talk” appears to be the end of the word “Talk”, being heard out of sequence.

The ending sounds like “14 / 31 / NML / 15 / SF”

@111error @addisonborn This sequence reminds me of the one Aleister typed to @amieexists awhile back: K/J/V G/O/M 7/15

111_error
      Participant

We never did make much headway on that, or did we?

Profile photo of Cody
      Cody
      Participant

@monkeymuffin333 also had a similar sequence of numbers.
      14 18 31 N L 15 F S

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by Profile photo of Cody Cody.
      Profile photo of Amie
      Amie
      Participant

This is still driving me crazy and the date is getting closer and closer.

Profile photo of Melissa
    Melissa

@mike, @daela, @thegilded & @111error nice work on the additional comments on the doc, a snickers for you! :)

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by Profile photo of Melissa Melissa.
    • This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by Profile photo of Melissa Melissa.
      Profile photo of Daela
      Daela
      Participant

Thank you for setting up the doc! <3 This feels like a much more intuitive way of discussing this info.

Profile photo of Melissa
      Melissa

Quite welcome! :)

Profile photo of TheBuz
    TheBuz
    Participant

Worth noting… The letter was typed on a typewriter.

Profile photo of Lucus
    Lucus
    Participant

@mike Im not sure of an efficient way to get others attention but my first thought was to write a PM to each with their @name in it. That way it would also send an email and possibly a notification would show up on their phone.
    Unfortunately I fear these clues may be in the hands of people who either
    -Are now followers of Sentinel and are using the clues to help the brotherhood
    -figure they can do it all solo
    -dont realize they even have a clue
    -inactive
    -posted it and we have been so far unable to see it/understand it (riddle or something)
    -tried to analyze the clue before posting it and ended up on a journey they cant turn back from.
    -have waited too long and now fear ridicule and exile from the community. (especially after some recent hostilities)

Andrew Kasch
    Participant

FYI, the letters in the note were 2428698. That’s one area code shy of a phone number.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by Profile photo of Andrew Kasch Andrew Kasch.
      Profile photo of
      Anonymous

I think I might be seeing at least one more 8 than you, @kasch.
      My list of all possible numbers from the letter:

Five
      Five
      Five
      Four
      Four
      Fourty
      III
      3 (handwritten)
      Unos
      Dos
      Trace (?)
      Four
      3 (handwritten)

Profile photo of Neil King
    Neil King
    Participant

I also received those numbers with a “solve this” but unfortunately I could not hear clearly and I was in a dark parking lot with no pen and a little bit (okay you caught me quite a bit) of alcohol in my system so by the time I ended up back the table to write it down, I lost most of it.

So it’s gotta be those numbers lead us to something but why can we not figure it out?!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register