New article: Letters from the OOA – Haunting.net

Tension brand Forums OUR VOICES – SIGNS OF DEVOTION New article: Letters from the OOA – Haunting.net

This topic contains 31 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Crystal Crystal 7 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

I had the pleasure of submitting a short piece to Haunting.net, an up and coming horror/immersive theater site created and captained by our very own @taysavestheday. Inside this article you’ll find a brief account, along with various never before published photos, of my most visit inside the walls of The OOA Institute from this past weekend. I hope you enjoy ❤️

Letters from the OOA – Haunting.net

Profile photo of Taylor
    Taylor
    Participant

@shinobi In one of the pictures, there is an etching of a man that looks like you. Is that the same one that you walked in on Sadie making?

Profile photo of Dan
    Dan
    Participant

@taysavestheday Yeah, it sure is. Thanks, I was hoping I’d have the opportunity to sob in front of my boss today.

@shinobi I heard it through the grapevine that you were curious if anything was on the other end of the arrow pointing at “your head.” My memory (and unpublished photos) tells me there was nothing there. I’ve asked a couple friends who were also there Sunday and they can’t recall seeing anything either, but if someone does come up with proof otherwise, we’ll let you know.

Also, in the spirit of giving credit where credit is due… Much love to Emilie Autumn. She is one of the amazing talents that makes our little Tension world feel so real. Specifically, she is the one who penned most of the notes found throughout the compound, as well as writing Addy’s diary in it’s entirety. She didn’t just copy a script. Although the words did follow a narrative, they were her own words on the paper. Thank you, Emilie ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Replying to myself like a big nerd, but I have to credit Erika Quintana for also writing notes found inside the OOA. If the name doesn’t ring a bell, her face sure would. She was one of our beloved handlers. I believe she was a Susan, rather than a Sadie. 😍😍😍😍

Profile photo of Dan
    Dan
    Participant

Thank you, @electrichippo I’m also trying to make out what it says above “my head.” Don’t take my?

Amazing work, Emilie!

@shinobi I believe that says “brain” but let me send you the originals so you can look more closely.

Profile photo of Dan
      Dan
      Participant

Thanks so much!

Profile photo of Dan
      Dan
      Participant

That last word is really hard to make out. The last letter of it looks like a y.

Profile photo of Crystal
    Crystal
    Participant

Great collection of notes! Which reminds me… did anyone else encounter a note on OOA letterhead imploring someone (likely IV?) to stop testing the helmet on themselves immediately? I found it in the mirror room and really should have re-read it a few times…

Profile photo of Hazel Cloud
      Hazel Cloud
      Participant

I read that same letter!

Profile photo of Meghan
    Meghan
    Participant

There was definitely a note with OOA letter head we found under another paper on Sabrina’s desk in the mirror room and I turned and read it and she quietly watched me read it. What did it say? Beats me. It washed out of my mind as soon as I walked out of the room. But I know it was from a woman, regarding someone else. So maybe?

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Nice read

Profile photo of Max R.
    Max R.
    Participant

Thank you for posting these!

Profile photo of Lukas L
    Lukas L
    Participant

I found a note in the reception area with the puzzle lady. It said something to the likes of, he is not an actor, dont trust him. Which I met someone who claimed to be an actor, and my mind blanked when I met him. Turns out he wasnt an actor, he was one of the head honcho’s of the OOA. I saw his picture in the tool room, where I was told that they were the ones who ran things around here. I was a bit pre occupied with something (I thought I was sneaky and did not swallow the liquid or the flesh from the desensitizing room, wondering if that could benefit me somehow in the long run, and managed to spit it out into my rubber glove while in the dark room with the Oracle.) So since my mind was elsewhere I was having a bit of a problem paying attention to everything being said. (Trying to communicate with someone with out speaking or causing suspicion through 3 rooms is not easy. Especially when I was taken back to the red room with all the girls and the crazy dr looking guy and they were just staring at me and the dr took his finger and started running it down my cheek. I thought for sure I was busted. That was the most nervous I have been in a long time. ) I cant for the life of me remember who the other pictures were. Sorry for jumping around a bit on this but the memories are flooding back in, and not in order.

@lukasrl: I have a couple rather fuzzy photos of the tool room wall. It might help jog your memory.

tool room 1

tool room 2

I have some ideas on a few of those portraits, but I’ll let you take a look for yourself!

Profile photo of Lukas L
      Lukas L
      Participant

@electrichippo thats them! And the guy who said he was an actor was the guy in the second photo in the circle frame. He spent a good 2 min on a monologue about how he was hired to be there and do you know who signs his paycheck. It’s not signed by Darren Bousman. Or by some theater company. It’s signed by the damn OOA. That’s what he told us. But I froze and didn’t know what to say. Like should I have called him out? Should I have kept the note instead of putting it back?

• This reply was modified 7 years, 4 months ago by Profile photo of Lukas L Lukas L.
      • This reply was modified 7 years, 4 months ago by Profile photo of Lukas L Lukas L.

@lukasrl: This one?

“the doctor”

I met him too. He had a lot on his mind, for sure.

I’m sure all of us can point to at least one thing we wish we could go back and change. It’s the nature of the beast.

Profile photo of Lukas L
      Lukas L
      Participant

Yes @electrichippo that was the guy who said he was an actor. When I say creepy dr. Who I freaked me out cus I thought I was busted. This is who I was talking about. he was the one who said the people in the pictures were running the show.

lukasrl: Ahh yes, the tool room guy. I think I’ve heard some refer to him as The Butcher, maybe due to his apron. The one who presented participants with the tray of tools and showed them to the oracle who would bless them before participants took them to stage.

Profile photo of Lukas L
    Lukas L
    Participant

Also the phone number on one of the walls 424-522-9288 is that the same number from the beginning of the ARG if not, did anyone try calling this number?

Profile photo of Mike
      Mike
      Participant

It’s not the same number, although 2 numbers early on had the 424 area code. The number we “found” to set up the first consultations and then The Omega Council number

I know a couple people who have called, but wouldn’t you like to know first hand what happens if you call? Come on man! Do it!

😀

Profile photo of Crystal
      Crystal
      Participant

I’d love to report on what my call was like… but crappy signal strength prevented me from hearing anything on my end. Good luck!

Profile photo of Lukas L
    Lukas L
    Participant

Called, but I think I am even more confused

Profile photo of Hazel Cloud
      Hazel Cloud
      Participant

This number is regarding the sub-plot for one of the handlers.

Profile photo of Mouse
    Mouse
    Participant

One of the pictures is of a blackboard with rules on it. I guess its rules for the handlers?

1. Keep each participant in their assigned(?) emotional zone.
    2. Keep ____ control and emotionally distant.
    3. Do not answer any questions.
    4. About: ________ do not let participant feel comfortable
    5. ______________ all participants properly (?).
    6. Avoid eye contact at any cost, Force participants to reexamine identity.

Is anyone able to make out the smeared print. Anyone able to fill in the blanks?

Profile photo of Melissa
      Melissa

My best guess/from memory

1. Keep each participant in their assigned emotional zone.
      2. Do not touch participants unless they are fleeing.
      3. Keep control and emotionally distant.
      4. Do not answer any questions.
      5. Above all things (?) do not let participants feel comfortable
      6. Catalogue and file all participants property.
      7. Avoid eye contact at any cost, Force participants to reexamine identity.

Profile photo of Mouse
      Mouse
      Participant

Thanks Melissa. They all make sense to me except number 2. I remember being touched a lot by the handlers!

Profile photo of
      Anonymous

Reding this has me being frustrated that I was unable to attend.

@astro4545: Can get the behind the scenes book? It might be the next best thing to being there.

Profile photo of
      Anonymous

@electrichippo Already got it ordered!

Profile photo of Crystal
    Crystal
    Participant

Got a couple of new notes for the collection…

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register