New article – The Kind Land

Tension brand Forums MISC TENSION DISCUSSION New article – The Kind Land

This topic contains 12 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Sadako Sadako 7 years, 6 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of AH-lay
    AH-lay
    Participant
    Profile photo of 111_error
    111_error
    Participant

Love this article. Seems everyone is calling it the new high watermark in immersive experiences.

Now all we need, is an extension of dates …

Profile photo of AH-lay
      AH-lay
      Participant

If there is an extension of dates, I will be going, no excuses

• This reply was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by Profile photo of AH-lay AH-lay.
    Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

Now all we need, is an extension of dates …

THIS. I know a few people that can’t swing the ticket price in October due to all the other haunts and experiences happening…the same haunts that inspired Tension 😛 So technically, Tension should extend so that people can experience the inspiration…right? See what I did there?

In all seriousness, I have no idea the financials, but for the LA scene, we NEED this. If it’s feasible for the creators to keep doing this, then we will keep supporting it. I feel like the momentum is going so strong right now and eyes from different audiences keep seeing it thanks to things like the Verge video and articles like this one.

I second that. I have a couple people who are really hoping for at least a couple November weekends, as they can’t make October.

Profile photo of Michelle
      Michelle
      Participant

Definitely this. Haunt season + planning a trip to the UK in December is making a trip back in October difficult. But, November is very plausible. And, @coryphella would be able to make it back (hopefully).

Profile photo of
      Anonymous

Re: possible extension of dates.

It’s nearly impossible for me to get away once the semester is going and I have shows in tech back to back in November, which is why I was hoping for first weekend in December, though I know that’s unlikely (or at least, not really likely at this point).

If there’s a November extension, the one weekend I can *possibly* make it out is the weekend of 11/17-11/20 (which also happens to be the weekend I turn 40). I’m not certain I could swing it but if I can, I will absolutely be back for a second and maybe even a third visit (probably 11/18 and 11/19). There’s really only one thing that can screw it up. :(

Profile photo of Bryan
      Bryan
      Participant

Thirded, @mike. This show being successful and running as long as it can is good for the city. And when we make second (or third, or fourth) trips, we should be spreading the word, bringing those unfamiliar with Tension or immersive theater along for the ride. #thecultisreal

But yeah, November would be an awesome start.

Profile photo of Andrew Kasch
      Andrew Kasch
      Participant

Here’s hoping. Because there are very few tickets left for these final two weekends and I have so many people have yet to experience it.
      And after my second Ascension, I convinced all the newbies on the ride back to return for Round 2.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by Profile photo of Andrew Kasch Andrew Kasch.
    Profile photo of Andrew Kasch
    Andrew Kasch
    Participant

Also…did anyone see the phone number in that photograph? I have a hard time reading it…

Profile photo of Daela
      Daela
      Participant

It’s an old phone number for Allianz Insurance Company

Profile photo of Addison Born
      Addison Born
      Participant

I was digging into the article that number was written on, and while I can’t find that article specifically, the one next to it, “Revised Plan for Hillhaven” was published in May 1989. Seems that PFP has to do with funding for funerals, a sort of life insurance..

Here’s the PFP’s website: http://preneed.net

That, plus the Allianz number – it probably has something to do with Bob Jones’s investigation?

Profile photo of Sadako
      Sadako
      Participant

The writing says it’s for PFP, but it’s actually for Allianz Insurance Company. 800-888-3737

I’m guessing it has to do with the life insurance policies the OOA owns.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register