New member – traveling from Chicago

Tension brand Forums NEW ASPIRANTS, Begin Here New member – traveling from Chicago

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 7 years, 7 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Joe
    Joe
    Participant

Hi all,
    I was going to be in Los Angeles at the end of October (I am from Chicago). I heard about Tension through Shock Waves pod, and decided to take the dive. I’m pretty nervous and excited about the whole experience.

Welcome, @joemarblez. That’s terrific. I believe you made a good choice. If you have any non-spoilery questions about Ascension or would like help understanding Indoctrination just ask. I’m sure one of us will provide you with a reply. Good luck!

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Hi @joemarblez – I’m in Saint Paul and traveled out there for it, so we’re close by. Sort of. 😉

By the way, in case you’re here because immersive theatre is your thing, have you seen “Learning Curve?” It’s a piece going on in Chicago right now, it’s NOT horror at all. But it’s also the best piece of theatre I’ve ever seen, so if you can get tickets (I think there are wait lists every weekend) you should.

Profile photo of Joe
    Joe
    Participant

Thanks, @electrichippo, if I can think of anything, I will definitely ask. I’m still taking the timeline and things in. I’m very excited though.

@coryphella (I hope I’m doing this mention thing right), I had to google St. Paul for a second, because it’s been a long day and I thought it was a suburb of Chicago, haha. I’ve never done any immersive theater, but I will definitely look into it!

• This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by Profile photo of Joe Joe.
      Profile photo of
      Anonymous

Oh yeah no I meant the Saint Paul that’s a 6 hour drive from you. :) I was in Chicago in August for a conference and was able to get tickets to that piece, it was amazing.

Profile photo of Joe
      Joe
      Participant

Haha I figured that out. To be fair, I had an 8 hour work day with no breaks. I believe I get a break on this one.

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

@joemarblez – I just want to say that Alkaline Trio is one of my favorite bands :)

Also, @lukasrl was just out here to do Ascension and he’s around Chicago as well.

Profile photo of Joe
      Joe
      Participant

Yes! Trio is one of my favorite. I cannot wait until Blink goes back on a break so we can get new stuff. Being from Chicago we get spoiled with Trio shows, but I’m having withdrawals.

Profile photo of Lukas L
    Lukas L
    Participant

@joemarblez Hey Joe, Im from the Plainfield area. I was just out in LA a couple weeks ago for Ascension. If you go to LA Joe I cant urge you enough to do this. There is nothing like it back home. We need something like this back home. I’ll say this and it’s with all honesty, after doing Ascension I have found myself almost every day since thinking about it. What did I do right, I did so many things wrong. Why the hell didnt I talk to that person. What would have happened if I would have said this. No joke I have had more dreams that I can physically remember then I have had for a long time and they were all Tension based. I know this sounds kinda hokey but it was that damn cool and yes I have become a little obsessed. Ok more than a little. As far as being nervous. Thats a good thing. You should be nervous! I will say though, as long as you are comfortable with you, you will do just fine.

Profile photo of Joe
      Joe
      Participant

Nice, I actually went to school in Romeoville, so I know Plainfield really well. I bought a ticket yesterday, I am definitely going. Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it!

• This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by Profile photo of Joe Joe.
      Profile photo of Lukas L
      Lukas L
      Participant

Small world, I used to live on Hemlock by Vito Martinez.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Welcome!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register