New OOA Flyer

Tension brand Forums MISC TENSION DISCUSSION New OOA Flyer

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Lucus Lucus 8 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

A new Flyer has been posted on The Tension Experience Facebook page. I find the first couple questions posed to be a bit perplexing:

1) Dysmoprhia? This seems like a relatively uncommon thing, so why ask about it of all things?

2) Pop culture and an inability to relate? Hmm, true, I don’t really get Justin Bieber but it’s not keeping me tossing and turning all night with concern.

The third item makes more sense as a relevant question to ask those seeking enlightenment:

3) Fear of silence and a craving for distraction.

Any ideas on why OOA would focus on these topics?

New OOA Flyer Link

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

To me, it sounds like they’re looking for the outcasts and people who feel like rejects. Usually, those types of people have low self esteem and their minds can be conditioned when given positivist and a feeling of “belonging”.

It’s a common type that cults and serial killers go after since those minds are easy to manipulate.

Profile photo of Jake O
    Jake O
    Participant

dysmorphia on it’s own means malformation, or an abnormality in the shape of a body part.

it’s an odd question to ask, especially for the first question on the flier.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 1 month ago by Profile photo of Jake O Jake O.
    Profile photo of Rusty
    Rusty
    Participant

@mike raises a good point, @electrichippo. Particularly the dsymorphia reference. As early as the consultation there have been some very pointed comments included in some of these proceedings… as if they are testing to see if a potential participant will agree with them when they indicate that participant may not be “worthy,” it is a simple form of emotional manipulation. As far as not relating to pop culture, that is a very wide net to throw out there. That can easily apply to a vast majority of any group of humans. We all find things in media coverage of our world or trends on the internet that we do not understand or cannot relate to on a personal level… it is such a generic statement.

I also find the fear of “silence” a bit of an odd reference. Fear of silence? I cannot relate to that statement and am not exactly sure what it means. As far as craving “distraction,” so far the OOA seems to be providing a fascinating distraction for those of us participating here. :)

Very thought provoking feedback. Thanks guys! I believe both Mike and Rusty had face-to-face consults with OOA and, in turn, personal knowledge of the sorts of questions they ask during interviews, as well as the motive and tone behind the questions. I’m grateful for the ENLIGHTENMENT 😀

Profile photo of Lucus
    Lucus
    Participant

Ive been thinking on this a bit. Since we are supposed to be working for the light I propose that maybe this is hinting at something that is currently happening in ‘pop culture’. If this is some immersive ARG I dont want to believe Im part of a cult or religion. Instead I want to be part of a group of enlightened individuals working towards bringing the common goal of enlightenment to others. It seems that dysmorphia may not be that rare. We have an entire billion dollar industry that feeds off dysmorphia. Advertising in ‘pop culture’ is entirely centered around people needing to look perfect from the type of toothbrush and makeup you use to acne treatment, braces and fancy dieting. Every kid wants to be cool, listen to the right music, wear the right clothes and be interested in the right things. The pink shirt movement is a huge step to help stop this, maybe we are be the next step. I could go on and on but just wanted to share my thoughts Penny for yours… Have a great day folks.

I enjoyed reading your thoughts @ununpentium. It’s a hopeful concept you present. Unfortunately, I fear this is something darker. I believe this for many reasons including surface facts such as the dark imagery of the website (ie. quote from Charles Manson) and the menacing tone of released messages (ie. “just because we have gone silent
    does not mean you should feel safe it is about to begin.”)

The OOA speaks of enlightenment. That is, insight, understanding, awareness, wisdom, education, learning. But what sort of enlightenment do they bring? For good… or for evil?

I’m old enough to have a healthy fear of dark spaces, but I’m open minded enough to listen to the message and see if I find value there.

Profile photo of Lucus
    Lucus
    Participant

“But what sort of enlightenment do they bring,” is an ‘enlightening’ point. I find it very easy to assume enlightenment is always a good thing. In fact to be honest I never really considered the concept of evil enlightenment (now Im a little scared.). Before this Ive always thought it was enlightened people that use their insight for evil.

So on the flipside, perhaps we are meant to see past all the darkness and expose those with evil hearts/minds. The consultations, the emails, the forums, the Tension, all meant to expose us for who we truly are before we may proceed. It seems much easier to spot the evil in good than to see the light in darkness. The unfortunate part of my theory is that the producers seem to love their horror and cult indoctrination fit the profile much better. Plus, I cant make it for a consultation right now so all my information is second hand experience from the internet so Im really grasping at straws here. Appreciate the reply @electrichippo.

A wise man once said that “fear is the path to the darkside.”

Thanks @ununpentium. Love reading your thoughts. As a side note regarding geography, I called OOA weeks ago when they were actively conducting face-to-face interviews. The raspy voiced man who answered the phone sounded like he’d just rolled out of bed, or more likely was still laying in bed considering it was Saturday around 7am. Th conversation was brief and unproblematic until the point he realized that, yes I am in the Los Angeles area, but not the *immediate* Los Angeles area. Considering others’ stories my theory is they were really only calling on those who could make it to their meeting locations on a moments notice. A 45-60 minute commute into the city just wasn’t cutting it. Point is… whether you’re across the sea or just down in Orange County, chances of getting an interview seemed slim to none.

Thankfully, regardless of our geographic location, tomorrow might well shine some light on this process we are all embarking on. April 1st. Exciting and a bit nerve inducing as well.

Profile photo of Lucus
    Lucus
    Participant

Im pretty excited for tomorrow as well. Usually I stumble upon these after all the puzzles have been solved and the event has long since ended. I was pretty proud to find this site, solve the simple puzzles, and uncover the phone number on my own before anything has really started. Ive tried phoning a couple different times but the office is closed and silent.

I expected to hear more about the characters who have been for consultations on the forums but maybe they’ve also been instructed to stay silent. Or the O.O.A. Institute has them on their toes and they dont have time to spend on here. Hopefully tomorrow our Oracles shed some light so the fear of silence can be lifted and the need for distraction can begin. I wonder if “they” are night owls? Maybe I should stay up tonight… with any luck I wont become an April Fool. LOL

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register