No Proscenium Podcast – Tension Interview

Tension brand Forums MISC TENSION DISCUSSION No Proscenium Podcast – Tension Interview

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Sean (@TheGilded) Sean (@TheGilded) 7 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

Just heard this Podcast that features “The Creator” speaking directly on Tension. (Thanks to @coryphella) for bringing this to my attention.

2 has been adamant that this is all a distraction, that this isn’t what we expect and this isn’t what they say it is. However, I believe strongly that the interview does shed some light behind the what Indoctrination has been and what Ascension will be.

It’s certainly made me more excited for the next stage, and I’d recommend it to anyone interested. It’s not nearly as spoiler-y as the LAist article, as it speaks mostly on mentalities and the experiences so far rather than what we’re going to be walking into in a couple weeks.

I found this interview to be equal parts fascinating and insightful in regards to the origins and thought process that has gone into The Tension Experience. From the bizarre true life story of Pop Pop, to the primary use for collecting background information on each participant… such a throughly enjoyable listen. Similar to Sean, I would call this interview spoiler-light. There is very little (if any) specific discussion of what will go on inside the walls of the block sized show site, but just enough of a tease to make me even more excited for my ticket day to arrive. I’m actually anticipating wanting to go more than once now.

The Creator is quite correct in his observation that some of us are significantly emotionally and intellectually invested in this project (although hopefully not in a psychopathic sort of way, as was also described in this interview. Eek.) To hear that Indoctrination will end before Ascension begins, was excepted, but no less dispiriting to hear.

The pitch for this project was 20 pages. We haven’t even gotten to the half way mark of that. Maybe by some miracle Tension will carry on beyond page 9 and take us to page 20 and beyond.

Profile photo of Michael Rizzo
    Michael Rizzo
    Participant

I also had a chance to listen to the podcast and I thought it was absolutely great. As already said, I didn’t believe anything that was said was spoilery about Ascension at all.

I also believe this just shows how much it really took for this to all come together. I believe the creator said something along the lines of 3 years… It too three years for all this to happen and for all of us to get wrapped up and thrown into this rabbit hole. As Kim said, we’re only on page 9 of the Tension bible, and I can’t imagine I’m the only one who would love to read, if not experience the rest of the story…

The biggest thing I got out of the podcast? None of this was supposed to happen. Indoctrination was supposed to be nothing more than a couple of short teasers and a tiny piece of the backstory. Indoctrination was supposed to be no more than some kind of small advertisement for Ascension… And instead we got all of this. That’s kind of fucking amazing.

No matter what little nitpicks or problems you may think tension has made, you gotta respect what you did get. A Community unlike anything else… character’s that you form an emotional connection to, whether it’s hate, love, respect, or admiration … A story so fleshed out and so detailed, that it has invaded and slowly taken over your own actual life. If we’re only on page nine when we are supposed to be nearing the end of the book by now, that just means the creator decided to stretch and flesh it out for us. The passion for this all to happen is pretty fucking insane. And when when I say passion, I mean the passion from everyone in this rabbit hole. From the creators to the producers and the actors to the participants, everyone has given their absolute all towards this and really made it what it is now. Thank you, to everyone one here and reading this, for really creating the tension.

Profile photo of Cody
    Cody
    Participant

I just finally had an opportunity to listen to this podcast last night.
    Definitely a spoiler. lol.

I’m really interested in who was making direct threats. Bahaha.
    I don’t recall anyone saying they think tension hacked their bank account on the forums either.. just sayin. lol.
    All in all it was a good listen.

I think that there was some freakout happening around the Sam/OSDM days, especially during the leak that mentioned the Gordon assets. I don’t know how in depth that it went but I think some people were freaked out about the implications that Tension had some impact on the stock market.

I feel it’s generally safe to say that if one person was publicly concerned about anything, there are other people who are quietly freaking out privately ten times harder than anyone going public

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register