OOA and Mythology

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of LordofDecay LordofDecay 7 years, 10 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of LordofDecay
    LordofDecay
    Participant

Hello brother and sister, Glory be upon you!

So, I have this fascination with religions and mythology and I have been looking for some link between the OOA’s ideology and symbolism and other ideologies and symbols (especially that curious symbol of the OOA). At first I read about how some people thought a piece of the OOA’s symbol looked like the zodiac sign Leo and I was interested in the concept.

To me it almost looked like a two headed leo symbol and the only 2 head lion I could find in mythology was the Egyptian God Aker who guards the sun as it pass though the underworld. This seem somewhat relevant to the Institute in some ways, but it is only speculation and it doesn’t account for the other bits in the symbol.

The other one though, is a little more interesting and is the Greek God Janus who not only has two heads but is the God of beginnings, gates, transitions, time, doorways, passages, endings, shipping, trading, and harbors. To me this accounts for the ‘two headed’ appearance of the symbol and the anchor. Not to mention that the OOA employs Gatekeeper and Keymasters.

Whether the OOA is based on any God(s) and religion(s) or if those religions are based on the OOA, it might be coincidence and hearsay, but you can’t finish a maze without running into a few deadends! Just some food for thought.

What about you guys? Have found anything that relates to your experiences, any of the symbolism/idealogy, or have any theories about the origins of the OOA?

Once again, Glory be!

Profile photo of ReidV
    ReidV
    Participant

@alexvansickle this is excellent!

There’s a couple threads where we explore the symbol, if I remember right they’re Reading Comprehension- OOA Symbol and OOA Symbol and Alchemy, both on the Theories forum.

Would love to hear your input on them.

LordofDecay
      Participant

I’ll swing though later tonight when I’m not avoiding my job lol!

Profile photo of Andrew Kasch
    Andrew Kasch
    Participant

I’ve said it before, but I can’t shake the hunch that there is a very “Esoteric Order of Dagon” thing going on here…

LordofDecay
      Participant

Don’t take the third Oath!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register