Orientation – Moved, cancelled, or happening?

Tension brand Forums INTERACTIONS WITH THE OOA Orientation – Moved, cancelled, or happening?

This topic contains 28 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Rusty Rusty 7 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

Let us briefly consider the March newsletter, sent to us approx. 3 months ago:

View post on imgur.com

Note the right-hand side, “Upcoming events”, today was marked as a day in which orientation begins. However, we’ve heard nothing about any sort of orientation. Perhaps it only begins today, and people will be reached out to between now and the orientation ceremony.

However, with III’s awakening (and sleep, and reawakening, etc) we know that the OOA has had to drastically shift its plans. Maybe BoS, Sentinel, The Barrows and Benny/Mark is also shifting the schedule some, and we’re not going to see the orientation until later or not at all.

None of which answers the question: “What was this orientation meant to be?”

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

It also says this in the May newsletter as well. Granted, all of the changes (III’s awakening, Four leaving earlier than expected, Addison stuff) happened after the May newsletter was posted. So I would think this was planned for a while, but could be up in the air based on all of that.

Speaking of, was the letter that @kasch and @thebuz found supposed to be the June newsletter? It looked like it could have been a rough draft of sorts.

Profile photo of Andrew Kasch
      Andrew Kasch
      Participant

It didn’t seem like a newsletter to me. Just an enigmatic “Dear John” letter.

Profile photo of Addison Born
    Addison Born
    Participant

The day’s just started, and the OOA has been operating later in the day as of late.. I wouldn’t doubt that we hear something, though maybe not immediately.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by Profile photo of Addison Born Addison Born.
    Profile photo of PuppetGirl
    PuppetGirl
    Participant

@Sean What are the Barrows?

Profile photo of Daela
      Daela
      Participant

Addison Barrow’s family

Profile photo of Rusty
      Rusty
      Participant

@daela Thomas (Tom, he seems to be called by family) and Margaret were the names I was given when I met Addison’s parents and they told me the story of their daughter’s confusion and their wish to reconnect with her.

Andrew Kasch
    Participant

Wow. So were the last 4 months the “pre-orientation?” I almost dread to think what the actual orientation would entail…

Profile photo of 111_error
      111_error
      Participant

Bagels.

I volunteer @111error to get suplexed into the wall this time

111_error
      Participant

You’ve clearly got the muscle mass to make a bigger dent..

.. in the bagels.

Aww shucks. You’re using “bagels” as a euphemism again, aren’t you bb? No need to be coy

Profile photo of Iris Halliwell
      Iris Halliwell
      Participant

@111error “Bagels” I could not stop laughing.

Profile photo of Jake O
      Jake O
      Participant

This is just starting to get interesting. @111error is bageling a San Francisco thing?

111_error
      Participant

@irishalliwell120 – As long as you were safely at home and not in public this time..

@endlesspictures – Errrm? Maybe? Probably?

Storytime: After exiting an extreme experience in San Francisco (the most extreme for me, so far), my friend Dréa met me and laughed at my face, and the few things I was able to stammer out that had just happened, then went deadpan and responded, “If I knew you wanted to get grabbed and thrown around, bagged and threatened, we could have just walked two blocks to the Tenderloin and someone would have done it for free.”
      She’s amazing.

Profile photo of Jake O
      Jake O
      Participant

i’ve heard this many times, but replace tenderloin with tiajuana.

what event are you speaking of? something recent?

Profile photo of Lucus
    Lucus
    Participant

“Sadly, some of our recent applicants have already been dismissed from moving forward.”
    I wonder if these applicants are ever made aware of this or if they are abandoned to figure it out for themselves? Maybe this is why we have not heard much more about orientation.

Profile photo of Crelegant
    Crelegant
    Participant

@ununpentium Maybe the ones who have been dismissed have been locked out of their account or the forums? Or they decided to unsubscribe themselves? I don’t know. Now I’m all worried that I won’t be able to continue because I joined late and haven’t been as active as I should have been.

Profile photo of Michelle
      Michelle
      Participant

@crelegant

I was locked out of my account for a few days, maybe almost 48 hours. But, I think it was a glitch. I don’t know.. we’ve heard that nothing is random or coincidence. :/ My issue was that I was unable to complete the captcha. I would answer the question (and the last time I checked I am able to answer simple math addition and subtraction problems) but when I hit submit I would get the message (paraphrasing) “Please complete the captcha.” It was driving me crazy. After a few attempts, I would be “locked” out. I would get a message… (again paraphrasing) “You are locked out of your account. Try again at another time.”

Profile photo of Ezi
      Ezi
      Participant

@halfbloodfangirl did you try refreshing the capcha? I had a similar problem when answering the first problem they showed, but if I refreshed it it worked with the new question. This has happened about 3 times that I have logged in.

Michelle
      Participant

@lenize I did refresh. I even tried it in both Safari and Chrome after closing both browsers and then going back to the site. I usually keep the forum open all the time in Chrome but I had accidentally logged out. It kind of freaked me out and I messaged @111error to see if he could help me. But, then, for some reason I was able to log back in.

Profile photo of TheBuz
    TheBuz
    Participant

Has anyone had this brought up in person/PM or has our only reference been the newsletters?

Profile photo of Mike
      Mike
      Participant

Just the newsletter as far as I know. Four did say she was planning a big event, so I was thinking the 25th could be it, but who knows now since she has departed apparently.

I get the feeling that III’s recent status addressed Orientation with this line:

“please orientate yourself to the idea that i do not abide schedules rules or mercy”

Profile photo of Jake O
      Jake O
      Participant

now he’s starting to sound like four!

Profile photo of Iris Halliwell
      Iris Halliwell
      Participant

Doesn’t abide himself to rules, schedules, or mercy?
      Mmm I think III is kind of kinky…

Michelle
      Participant

@irishalliwell120 III a sadist to my masochism!?! Oh my… the thought of it.

Andrew Kasch
      Participant

Either that or he’s just really, really tired.

We should all pitch in and get him a Starbucks gift card at the next event.

Profile photo of _Michael Gray
    _Michael Gray
    Participant

III said it, he makes his own schedule. We are at the whims of what manaical plans III has set for us and when he wants that to happen. Assume nothing now, Chaos is in the house.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register