Periscope 10/25/16 – For those that…

Tension brand Forums INTERACTIONS WITH THE OOA Periscope 10/25/16 – For those that…

This topic contains 35 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of AH-lay AH-lay 7 years, 6 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of AH-lay
    AH-lay
    Participant

And go…

• This topic was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by Profile photo of AH-lay AH-lay.
    Profile photo of TinNose
    TinNose
    Participant

She’s definitely earned it! Somebody activate the translation machine.

Profile photo of Addison Born
    Addison Born
    Participant

link to the video on periscope: https://www.periscope.tv/the_tension_exp/1BdGYdkDvgDKX

link to a backup just in case it’s removed: https://vid.me/Z0Bq

Profile photo of Joe
    Joe
    Participant

Now I wish I remember French class from high school.

Profile photo of Mouse
    Mouse
    Participant

Should I be scared of the overseer?

Profile photo of Allison
    Allison
    Participant

I speak German (from college anyway) and I believe she’s saying “Vergess nie. Das ich meinen glauben nicht verloren haben,” or “Never forget, I have not lost my faith.”
    The French could say “I am stronger now. I’m in the process of taking command of my role. I remember all that has happened.” (but I only took one semester of that).
    No idea about the third.

Profile photo of Bryan
      Bryan
      Participant

This is awesome @medeall. Thank you!

Profile photo of Blondie
      Blondie
      Participant

That is the gist I got from the French part. Definitely “I am stronger now” (je suis plus font maintenant) and taking on her role and “je me rappelle tout ce qui est fait” – I remember all that is done

Profile photo of Melissa
    Melissa

I think the the third language is Swiss-German or Dutch?

Profile photo of Chelsea
      Chelsea
      Participant

It’s Swiss German. “Simply come yourself, and help me.”

Holy fuck.

Profile photo of PuppetGirl
    PuppetGirl
    Participant

I can’t watch it 😒

Never mind I CAN watch Addison’s backup!! Thank you!!!

• This reply was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by Profile photo of PuppetGirl PuppetGirl.
    Profile photo of Melissa
    Melissa

My Dannish friend strongly believes the last language is in fact, Swiss German. God damn that helmet has implanted a lot of languages. I’ll see if I can get that translated via Google translate.

@medeall yes in German she’s saying “don’t forget, I have not lost my faith”

Profile photo of Chelsea
    Chelsea
    Participant

To those of you who think that my strings are being pulled – French people? I’m lost on this one.

To those of you who question their faith – Never forget that I never lost my faith.(German)

To those of you who are trying to save me – Simply come yourself, and help me. (Swiss German)

Holy fuck.

Profile photo of Melissa
    Melissa

COMMUNITY HELP FTW, awesome work everyone!

Profile photo of Amie
    Amie
    Participant

Thank you everyone for the tranlations. I look forward to my time with Overseer this weekend. She is in fucking control and I believe that!

Profile photo of Michelle
    Michelle
    Participant

We’re focused on the periscope but two people in our community may have been banned from the boards today. @mumumusings (who then created @round2bitches after being banned) and @atticus360

I don’t know. Maybe people have taken this conversation somewhere else? 🤔

Profile photo of Chelsea
    Chelsea
    Participant

I’m having a problem with my Swiss German translation. Addison asking for help doesn’t make a lot of sense. The words are jumbled, and if you look at her words and the sound, there seem to be a couple of syllables missing from the audio. I’ve enlisted the help of a Swiss person, who is wondering if she’s saying “To those who are trying to save me, simply come and help your own damn selves”, but even the native Swiss is having issues with the audio. She’s calling her cousin in Switzerland (it’s 4am there…) Stay tuned.

Profile photo of Liv
      Liv
      Participant

“To those who are trying to save me, simply come and help your own damn selves”

At first I was wondering if Addison was actually asking for help, like please come help me, but with the new translation, I’m thinking that’s not the case. I think the rest of what I have to say might have mild spoilers so I’m just gonna waste some characters here and write SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS. Hopefully that will be enough. Ok let’s see… So the first time I went through Ascension I ended up on a path of trying to “save” Addison. I was in the red room with her and the entire cast, as she asked me why I was there. Once I told her and mentioned her father, she got VERY upset and started going on about how he couldn’t save her and no one could. Then she asked me to try. Right there. Just go on and save me then, was the idea. This last translation reads to me in the same way. Like go ahead and try, see how far you get. I want to believe that she knows what she is doing and is fully in control, but after I admitted I couldn’t help her, she came back to apologize, saying that sometimes she didn’t even know why she was there. I’m confident that Addy is still in there somewhere and this Overseer is not her. I have faith in Addison, not The Overseer.

Profile photo of Chelsea
      Chelsea
      Participant

Interesting. I haven’t gotten a response from my Swiss German-speaking friends, but I’m wondering if there’s something in the language where “help” has multiple meanings. Rather than asking for “help” as in “danger needing rescuing”, I’m wondering if it’s “join me, assist me, etc.” There was definitely a challenging aspect to the video, like we were being egged on. I think you’re right about the “come see how far you get” feeling.

Profile photo of Dan
      Dan
      Participant

@summoningdark When I was there a few days ago, she introduced herself to me as Addison when she saw me with Sadie. She didn’t seem to like that I was with her. I thought it was odd she used her real name in that moment.

Profile photo of Liv
      Liv
      Participant

Good point, Chelsea. I hadn’t even thought of that. Of course “help” could also be used in that form. If that’s the case, I wonder what she requires help with? Creating oracles?

@shinobi that’s very interesting! I don’t recall if anyone else has said she introduced herself that way. I don’t think she ever introduced herself to me one way or the other, come to think of it…

Profile photo of Dan
      Dan
      Participant

@summoningdark Sadie was in the rec room carving my face into some furniture next to a carved phone number that I memorized. Still no luck on that number. When Addison walked in the room, she saw me with Sadie and immediately came up to me, said she was Addison and that she’d be seeing me later. Kept giving Sadie the stinkeye. Sadie told me to be very careful with her.

Profile photo of Liv
      Liv
      Participant

@shinobi I recall reading your description of that before and had meant to ask, how did you know Sadie was carving a picture of your face specifically?

Profile photo of Dan
      Dan
      Participant

@summoningdark When I first walked in to the rec room it was only me. Ina (sp?) asked if I wanted to help with her jigsaw or look around. I noticed Sadie sitting and carving and staring at me. I eventually made my way over to her. She had carved help me and a phone number but was working on something else. After some soft talking, she pointed to what she had been carving when I walked up. I asked what it was and she smiled and pointed at me. I asked if it was me and she nodded. It really did look like a rough sketch of me. Then she was very concerned about me remembering the phone number and helping her. She kept appearing all night to help me. Honestly, I can’t stop thinking about it.

Profile photo of Liv
      Liv
      Participant

Ah I see! In my mind I was imagining this elaborate etching that you recognized right of the bat. I was thinking that would be pretty incredible for a quick wood-carving. Still rather uncanny though.

Profile photo of Dan
      Dan
      Participant

It was clearly worked on for awhile. She was there when I walked in, staring at me and carving. But clearly had been doing it before I got in there. I know I said it was rough, but it seemed pretty detailed too. It really looked like me. Has anyone else seen carvings on that piece of furniture between the piano and the drink table?

Profile photo of Liv
      Liv
      Participant

I’ll have to look for that next time I’m in there!

Profile photo of Dan
      Dan
      Participant

I’ve watched the Verge video a lot and it looks clean in that.

Profile photo of Dan
      Dan
      Participant

She also was working on it for a lot of the time we were whispering and kept pointing at the “help me” and phone number. I was so focused on her that I didn’t even notice it until she pointed it out to me. It was only maybe two inches vertical and one inch wide at the side top right corner.

Thank you everyone for the translations. I concur in regards to the French. I’m fairly useless with the other languages.

@masterlock, Thank you for taking a moment to speak to us. These are trying times, but you are strong and you still have the support of a community. Perhaps not this entire community, but a community nonetheless. Whatever others might say about me is no matter… I can take it and you know this. It is likely one of the reasons you chose me to stand with you. What’s truly important now is that you remember that I believe in you. I am committed to supporting you in pursuing a just cause and working with anyone else who seeks similar, regardless of their affiliation or non-affiliation. I would not turn my back on the girl you once were, and I will not abandon you and the leader you have become. Until we speak again, please be safe and be well.

Profile photo of Sadako
    Sadako
    Participant

We are no longer here to help you @masterlock. We are here for you to help us!

Glory Be!

Profile photo of Andrew Kasch
    Andrew Kasch
    Participant

Oh, how I want her words to be true…

Profile photo of Sadako
      Sadako
      Participant

Faith is its own reward.

Profile photo of Lucus
    Lucus
    Participant

Those were some profound words! Thanks for the backup video. Is this a warning to the OOAs next plan for us?

Profile photo of Graham
    Graham
    Participant

It’s been a loooong time since I took French, but I believe the first part is: “Je suis plus fort maintenant,” which means “I am stronger now.” The second part of that sentence I can’t make out. It’s “et je suis…[unintelligible]…le nouveau role.” which would be “…and I am…[something]…the new role.” But it’s hard to understand it totally.

The second chunk is (I think) “Je me rappelle tout ce qui et fait” which is something like “I remember all that I have done.” or “I remember all that has been done to me.” Something like that.

Is it possible these other languages are her asking for help, whereas the English at the end “I am in fucking control” is the party line of the OOA? There has to be a deeper meaning here.

Profile photo of AH-lay
    AH-lay
    Participant

@masterlock I will go in and I will try to help you…

I missed this, this is productive.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register