Periscope 6/27/16 ~4:55 PST

Tension brand Forums THEORIES, PUZZLES, DECODING THEIR MESSAGE Periscope 6/27/16 ~4:55 PST

This topic contains 167 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 7 years, 10 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Melissa
    Melissa

deets here

Profile photo of Melissa
    Melissa

where is this thing? Anybody know?

Profile photo of Mustafa Said
    Mustafa Said
    Participant

Getting the location. But there’s a big problem. Like huge.

I don’t live close enough to grab it and I don’t have any transportation.

Where are you located, and how far is the drop from you?

Mustafa Said
      Participant

I live about 30ish min away, in Overland Park. As far as the Scout itself I’ve never actually been to it so I’d also have to add time to find it.
      Not to mention the odds that I can just jump out of my house and race downtown are slim-my family’s gonna freak out in a billion different ways.

Mustafa Said
    Participant

The statue is called “The Scout” in Kansas City, Missouri.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Scout_(Kansas_City,_Missouri_statue)

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Dammit!!

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

@mumumusings are you saying this is in KC?

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

How far and how much would a round trip Uber be? I’m sure a bunch of us would chip in.

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

Or Lyft, whoever has a big discount

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Absolutely. Where are you?

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Or I could pick you up….. πŸ˜‰

That’s what I’m getting at. I’ll throw some coinage at this to get the drop in our hands if you aren’t too far

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Look, absolute LAST resort, I live 6.5 hours away and am willing to road trip. I’ll drive the extra 30 to pick you up if you want.

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

Part 2!!!

Profile photo of Neil King
    Neil King
    Participant

20 minuites UBER you saw them!

Mustafa Said
    Participant

For me, it’s not so much getting the dead drop that’s an issue. It’s freaking out my family in the process. I don’t exactly know how to explain any of this and I can’t imagine them letting me race to KC to grab it.

I’ve said before that I have….irreparable relationships with my family and moments like this are where they become apparent.

I’m wondering about another idea but I’m not sure if the OOA is fine with it. But we’d need to act RIGHT NOW for it to work.

I can’t go get the message, there’s just too much at home right now and I can’t leave. But if someone else grabs it and delivers it to me that could work.

Profile photo of
      Anonymous

Do you have a friend there that you can trust?

Profile photo of Ezi
    Ezi
    Participant

Even tension is recommending uber!

Profile photo of Michael Rizzo
    Michael Rizzo
    Participant

@mumumusings ok go talk to your fam, see if you can fun out for a half hour or so, then we can deal with your transportation, maybe even tension can throw ins? Haha

Profile photo of Ezi
    Ezi
    Participant

Do you have a friend that could help you out?

Neil King
    Participant

@mumumusings or whoever is going to grab it please post your periscope so we all can follow and see what you find

• This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by Profile photo of Neil King Neil King.
    Profile photo of Melissa
    Melissa

@mumumusings do you have a trusty friend/coworker that can pick it up on your behalf?

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

You live 30 minutes away @mumumusings, but I’m wondering if the new message is telling you an Uber will be there in 20 minutes? Or you have 20 minutes to decide?

Michael Rizzo
      Participant

I was just thinking that, I feel like maybe tension is sending a car to grab you?

Profile photo of
      Anonymous

If not, can WE just send one?

Profile photo of Michelle
      Michelle
      Participant

@mumumusings I imagine you must be stressed right now. We’re here to help you through this. This is what community is all about. Let us know how we can help you.

Mustafa Said
    Participant

If Tension is picking me up, I’m gonna freak. I have no real idea how to explain to my fam. And I know they’ll lose it if I return with the letter.

If the problem isn’t transportation, it’s permission, then we’re kind of screwed for now.

If you can find a way to get out of the house for a round trip, we can handle the logistics. You just gotta find a way to convince your family. Is that possible or absolutely not happening?

Mustafa Said
    Participant

Not happening whatsoever. There’s too much going on right now and there’s no way it’ll happen.

Profile photo of TheBuz
      TheBuz
      Participant

Hey man,

Where is this park and where do you live?

I may be able to grab it for you and give it to you. I don’t want to read it as it is not mine to read… but I want to make sure it gets picked up.

Michael Rizzo
      Participant

@thebuz yo it’s in Missouri

Profile photo of TheBuz
      TheBuz
      Participant

Then no… I cannot help out with this.

Michelle
      Participant

I heard @thebuz is going to teleport. πŸ˜‰

Neil King
    Participant

There needs to be a way – we can’t let this go unnoticed!

Profile photo of Ezi
    Ezi
    Participant

Would you be able to grab it tomorrow sometime, it’s well hidden so should be safe till then?

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

So then, is it something that needs to be gotten today? Can it wait, or is that too risky?

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I have a Kansas City connection. Checking now.

He can’t do it – Has an 8pm appointment.

Mustafa Said
      Participant

Right now, the goal is to find a replacement and then arrange for them to pass me the letters. Once we find the replacement, I can give him a location to meet up at and we’ll go from there.

Profile photo of Ezi
    Ezi
    Participant

And don’t stress yourself out too much. I’m sure whoever is trying to make themselves heard will find a way if you are struggling.

Michelle
    Participant

Is there any way to find out if you can send Megan instead, @mumumusings?

Megan’s SEVERAL hours out. That’s absolute last resort

Profile photo of Lucus
    Lucus
    Participant

So you keep this all a secret from your family? Take them with you on a treasure hunt! (I do as well)

• This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by Profile photo of Lucus Lucus.
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous

The other person who might be closer is @sabaki12

Profile photo of Melissa
    Melissa

GUYS let’s consider sending Megan on at minimum 13 hour round trip ride to MO as very last option. There has to be a more reasonable alternative. Who has family or friend near the park.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by Profile photo of Melissa Melissa.
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Yeah I am absolutely willing to do this, but if there’s a better way, let’s do that. I have a car and the no working because I teach thing going for me.

Profile photo of Lucus
    Lucus
    Participant

Maybe I’m out of line but why not try explaining how much this means to you to your family? I can’t presume anything but there’s always a chance they might understand.

Mustafa Said
      Participant

My folks come from a different background, with different viewpoints and perspective that are polar opposites to mine. There’s so much we don’t agree on at all.

@mumumusings Don’t worry about this. I would sure hope no one is upset with you. I’m certainly not. You need to take care of yourself and your homelife first <3

Profile photo of Melissa
      Melissa

Nicely said Kim. Ya man don’t sweat this, your family relationship is priority one.

Profile photo of Mike
      Mike
      Participant

Exactly! Don’t sweat it! Remember what III first told you. We’re here buddy

Michael Rizzo
      Participant

Yea dude, no one is upset or anything, we still got somewhat of a clue (osdm?). Maybe there will be another chance, but you gotta do what’s best for you <33

Mustafa Said
    Participant

I gotta say, I wasn’t expecting a dead drop. Just some nice little video. This is beyond what I was hoping. A bit stressed but happy.

If I do get those letters somehow, it’s gonna be the best treasure I keep.

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

Who is/are the O.S.D.M.??

Profile photo of TheBuz
      TheBuz
      Participant

The Massive Assault song?

Profile photo of Andrew Kasch
      Andrew Kasch
      Participant

Old School Death Metal!

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I must be bad at Periscope. I can’t keep up.

Profile photo of TheBuz
    TheBuz
    Participant

New periscope says “Some clues aren’t meant to be found.”

And it’s signed by OSDM. Who the fuck is O.S.D.M.

Michelle
    Participant

WTF was that!?! I’m asking the same question @mike!

Profile photo of Melissa
    Melissa

Third Periscope indicates the clue is unavailable now.

Profile photo of Lucus
    Lucus
    Participant

Did you know this was going to go down mustafa?

Profile photo of Melissa
    Melissa

Ya O.S.D.M.

HUH

Profile photo of TheBuz
    TheBuz
    Participant
      Profile photo of Ezi
      Ezi
      Participant

Old-School Death Metal is my vote!

Profile photo of Addison Born
      Addison Born
      Participant

Old School Death Metal is dropping clues. This goes deeper than we thought…

Profile photo of
      Anonymous

MODS

Profile photo of Susie J
      Susie J
      Participant

Old squirrel dungeon master?

Profile photo of Ezi
    Ezi
    Participant

I can think of many reasons why you might have trouble with telling your parents and getting them involved. None of us are in your situation and if you say it will not be possible, you need to do what is best for you and your family!

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I have budding frustration about how little this window was opened.

I’d bet it wasn’t a time window, it was a message that was meant for him and when it became clear he couldn’t go it shut down

Profile photo of
      Anonymous

well… Let’s get him there!! @mumumusings can I send an uber to scoop ya?

Profile photo of Lucus
    Lucus
    Participant

That all happened really fast.

Mustafa Said
    Participant

guys
    we’ve got 24 hours.

think we can figure something out?

Profile photo of
      Anonymous

Can we send an uber driver to the location or get Favor to pick it up? How did you find out we have 24 hours?

Profile photo of Ezi
      Ezi
      Participant

Will you somehow have the ability to go there tomorrow if we arrange transport? You could always go scan it at a library and mail it to another member if you do not want to take it home with you?

Michael Rizzo
      Participant

They messaged you? Let’s fucking get this clue for you bro

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

It appears that this was intended for @mumumusings alone. Has anything happened of late Mustafa that might have triggered this?

Michelle
      Participant

@jeromy Since you have a connection in KC and now we have 24 hrs, would they be able to pick it up now?

Profile photo of
      Anonymous

@halfbloodfangirl Checking. He’s a potential yes. He told me to call him in the morning.

Michelle
      Participant

@jeromy Awesome!

I’ll throw down for an uber for you if you can get out of the house. If not, do you have any friends that could grab it?

Mustafa Said
    Participant

Ok, so I still think we should find a replacement. the good thing is, there will be a couple of chances to deliver the letter to me-I can tinker with my family just enough to buy me some space to have it reach me but not much beyond that.

Once someone has the letters, PM me. I’ll hand that person two different locations and we’ll work out which one can best be our meeting place.

Profile photo of MColyard
    MColyard
    Participant

Ha – this is unfolding like a soap opera, seriously content is there, and then gone.

Glad I was in front of my computer!

Michael Rizzo
    Participant

Alright, so anyone who has any type of connection to someone over there, sound off!

Michelle
      Participant

@jeromy said he does.

MColyard
    Participant

Hey TENSION I live in Atlanta if you wanna send me somewhere!

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I wish I could help, but I live in Ohio.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Did we lose @jeromy?

Profile photo of
      Anonymous

No. I just got lost trying to respond to a really dramatic facebook post. You know how it goes. My buddy Jess told me to call him in the morning. He is a 75 percent yes.

Mustafa Said
    Participant

OK so..if getting a replacement isn’t going to work then I’ll have to somehow up the ante.

Remember how I talked about how difficult it would be for me to grab the letters now because of my family? If that’s the case(and it is), the only solution I have is to figure out how to separate from them long enough to get downtown, find the letter and then race back without them knowing.

SO HERE’S MY PLAN: IF I can convince my folks to drop me off somewhere with about 2 hours of time on my hands, that should be enough to grab the letters. I can’t promise they’ll leave me alone but I’ll ping everyone here if it works. Thing is, we can’t afford to waste any time on this.

Question: IF we got an Uber booked at let’s say…8:30 AM tomorrow, anybody think I could snag the letters by 10:30? That’s my potential time frame on this idea.

Michael Rizzo
      Participant

I mean, ubers usually only need about 10 mins at the most to get to you after booking it, you would probably be able to grab the letter way before 10:30 if we called on to get you at 8:30.

Profile photo of 111_error
      111_error
      Participant

You are in charge of making such decisions, but please do not risk your family’s ire for a game. None of us know your specific circumstances, and obviously wouldn’t have suspected it given your involvement here, but both we and Tension would understand if you need to let someone else grab this to keep the peace.

That they did this for you is amazing and I hope that gesture always stays with you as an incredible thing that happened for you as part of your _path.

Profile photo of
      Anonymous

I’m going to second what @111error said and also add that this is, IMHO, by far the most amazing thing done yet here.

Michelle
      Participant

Let’s see if @jeromy comes back soon. He said he has a connection in KC. Maybe with the new window, his connection can help out. We don’t want you to cause any kind of divide between you and your family. Family first.

Profile photo of Iris Halliwell
      Iris Halliwell
      Participant

I’m basically just reiterating what others have said at this point, but thank you for trying so hard to figure this out @mumumusings. I know it couldn’t have been easy with everyone talking at you all at once. I think it’s incredible that the OOA finds you so special that they would find a way to get a clue out there to you. I can’t wait to see it, and to continue seeing your progress on the path. Glory be sir :-)

Profile photo of Ezi
    Ezi
    Participant

You could try and get a drop-off point as close to the park as you can from your parents. A two hour window should hopefully be enough.

Profile photo of Lucus
    Lucus
    Participant

Now we’re talking! A community organized covert recognizance mission to recover hidden intel. Sounds like sneaking around the family might add to the excitement. Remember to weigh the risk to pleasure ratio! Are the consequences of getting caught greater than the possible enlightenment you could receive(and possibly share with the community).

Profile photo of 111_error
      111_error
      Participant

None of us will think any less of Mustafa for whatever he decides. We probably shouldn’t encourage actions that can hurt someone in real life.
      – This is your moment of enlightenment today, Lucas. =)

Profile photo of Lucus
      Lucus
      Participant

I wasn’t encouraging anything. I was going along with mustafas plan to sneak off for a couple hours and try to recover the package. I was cautioning him to weigh the consequences. I just stated that it is more exciting to sneak around it adds to the accomplishment when you pull it off. Plus I’m sure we can all make our own decisions.

Profile photo of Nosnevets
      Nosnevets
      Participant

That’s @ununpentium‘s fetish.

Profile photo of Lucus
      Lucus
      Participant

What’s my fetish @nosnevets?

Nosnevets
      Participant

“Now we’re talking! A community organized covert recognizance mission to recover hidden intel. Sounds like sneaking around the family might add to the excitement. Remember to weigh the risk to pleasure ratio! Are the consequences of getting caught greater than the possible enlightenment you could receive(and possibly share with the community).”

Sneaking around, the possibility of getting caught, and the consequences.

We were playing that’s my fetish yesterday, trying to include ya on the inside joke @ununpentium =)

Profile photo of Lucus
      Lucus
      Participant

Oh I missed “that’s my fetish”. I was wondering why it seemed so quiet yesterday. I even said “usually when it’s really quiet someone starts a fun topic to keep things going in the community” Guess I should have looked a little harder. Haha. Thanks for trying to include me. Is the “that’s my fetish” conversation on the forums? (@nosnevets you caught me though that is one of my fetishes)

• This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by Profile photo of Lucus Lucus.
      Iris Halliwell
      Participant

Wait what? There was a fetish conversation?? How did I miss this?!

Nosnevets
      Participant

Haha nah @ununpentium it was at our in person meetup/mixer thing yesterday in LA. You opened me up for the joke so I thought I’d let you in on the fun =)

Why not @irishalliwell120? just find some good ones and start calling em out no one should miss out because they didn’t go. =D

Profile photo of Melissa
      Melissa

HAHAHAAA XD

Profile photo of _Michael Gray
    _Michael Gray
    Participant

After some private messaging with @mumumusings he has given me permission to go ahead and post this ad to craigslist. Hopefully this will work and we can get him his letter.

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/dmg/5657029441.html?lang=en&cc=us

Profile photo of Ezi
      Ezi
      Participant

Maybe add if the person would be willing to periscope their search.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

kansas city also has a subreddit.

Michael Rizzo
      Participant

I’m pretty sure there would be a lot of people in there that would be down for a little treasure hunt

_Michael Gray
    Participant

I guess we will see…

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

When is the 24 hours up on this?

My assumption is that since they were willing to pull it tonight, that if we can’t find a way for Mustafa to do it or get someone more local, they’d prefer to pull it rather than have someone from out of state drive down. Having said that, I will say that as an absolute LAST resort I’m available tomorrow to drive the 6.5 hours to get it and bring it to @mumumusings, if nothing else bears any fruit.

Nosnevets
      Participant

Thats a good question seeing as if I post something here it might say posted 5 seconds ago…then 5 minutes from now say posted 7 hours ago…

Profile photo of Amie
    Amie
    Participant

I’m a little late, but I would also be able to contribute $$ to help somehow! I really feel like if this doesn’t end up working out, at some point we will get this information. @mumumusings I’m with the others, don’t stress about it because in the end it will all work out! Very cool that they’ve made contact though!

_Michael Gray
    Participant

@mumumusings I got someone going for you bro!! They will not open the letter and deliver it to you within something that works for you. They will periscope to all of us and I will let the group now the name to follow soon enough.

Profile photo of Mike
      Mike
      Participant

HELL YEAH @kingkill33 ! Great idea! The community is incredible!

Profile photo of Lucus
      Lucus
      Participant

Awesome. That was a wicked ad Mr. Gray. I wonder if we will see a new participant after this. Haha.

Profile photo of
      Anonymous

Oh AWESOME. Great idea!!! You’ll post the name here? And is this person going tonight?

Iris Halliwell
      Participant

@kingkill33 You are amazing! Great job on your movement with this and helping the community. Thank you so much!!

Michelle
      Participant

@kingkill33 You’re awesome! :)

Neil King
      Participant

@kingkill33 did we get the periscope ID yet?

Profile photo of creepsociety
      creepsociety
      Participant

So cool!!! You rule!

Profile photo of
      Anonymous

Good Job dude!

Nosnevets
    Participant

After the fact I find out my gf is 4 hours away… and has been there recently… DAMN YOU 4 HOURS THERE 4 HOURS BACK AND WORK IN THE MORNING!

_Michael Gray
    Participant

Im trying… Hopefully she doesn’t get cold feet. She said she would be ok broadcasting to us. If she still goes thru with it, I’ll double check to see if she is ok with me posting her name.

Profile photo of Lucus
    Lucus
    Participant

Good idea she will probably have around 20-50 people following her immediately. That might be scary at first.

_Michael Gray
    Participant
      Profile photo of
      Anonymous

There is a volunteer for this on the subreddit.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Upvoted. :) I think.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

@kingkill33 – you’ve got someone on reddit, in case you didn’t see.

Neil King
    Participant

P.S. Guys this is awesome. Such an incredible community to come together like this to help out – this is incredible and I love seeing everyone work together.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

THIS right here reminds me SO MUCH of Cloudmakers. :) :) :)

_Michael Gray
    Participant

I got a couple of hits already on reddit, waiting for phone calls.

Update: spoke to a guy and he said he’s heading up there now. No periscope, but he’s down to help the community. Standby, fingers crossed.

Neil King
      Participant

Awesome job man! You are doing something great.

Profile photo of
      Anonymous

Awesome! Thank you for doing this!

Profile photo of
      Anonymous

Super awesome!

Profile photo of
      Anonymous

I am really excited! Great work!

Profile photo of Cody
    Cody
    Participant

yeah, this is awesome. everything is working out pretty good. So is the reddit guy going to get it or is M Grays friend?

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Is it clear where one should look!

Profile photo of Cody
    Cody
    Participant

awesome!

_Michael Gray
    Participant

This is just a guy from reddit and is down for the cause.

_Michael Gray
    Participant

OK he got it!!! The fucked thing is there was an very old man there, smoking a cigarette, and scared the shit out of this guy. Asked him what he was doing there and wouldn’t leave him alone. He said he was dressed in a suit and that he followed him all the way to his car. This guy was scared shitless and was seriously asking me, “What the fuck did you get me into?!” I feel so bad for the guy, but he has the letter for you @mumumusings

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!! GLORY BE!!!

Nosnevets
      Participant

Crazy! OOA Agents! *makes more tin foil hats for everyone else*

Profile photo of Mike
      Mike
      Participant

Incredible!! Fantastic job and THANK YOU for setting that up!

Profile photo of
      Anonymous

Yes!!!! Excellent!!!

Profile photo of Ezi
      Ezi
      Participant

That’s awesome!

Andrew Kasch
      Participant

Amazing! Can’t wait to see what it says…

Profile photo of Lucus
      Lucus
      Participant

Too bad we didn’t get that on periscope with the old man smoking a cigarette. At least the package has been recovered, now for the delivery.

Neil King
      Participant

AHAHAHAH! That is amazing. Poor guy had no idea what he was getting himself into. It’s just a random guy trying to help out some random stranger and there is some good scare there for him. Can’t wait to read it.

Profile photo of Addison Born
      Addison Born
      Participant

That is terrifying and amazing!!! Did you tell the guy what he was getting into upfront??

Profile photo of Susie J
      Susie J
      Participant

This is better than a radio play! 😁 Excellent teamwork!

Nosnevets
    Participant

It also just dawned on me that @mumumusings said it was 30 mins from him, but the second periscope said very frankly that you’re 20 mins away. They know where you are better than you do! That or they have spy satellites watching us… *Makes tin foil hat and hides*

Profile photo of Amie
    Amie
    Participant

This is awesome! @kingkill33 do you have the guys email or something? It would be cool if we could do something for him for helping us out!

MColyard
    Participant

wait, so there was a guy sitting there waiting? The OOA had an agent waiting? That is cray-cray.

do we have any more information on what this person said? did they try to stop the woman who got the letter? so many questions.

_Michael Gray
    Participant

Sadly this guy doesn’t want compensation, he truly just did it to be a good sport and lived in the area. He is still shaken up for sure after all what happened. I explained to him it was for thetensionexperience.com, an online and live event immersive game. Maybe he knew what “immersive” meant or not, but he was all game for it. He is also currently trying to get ahold of @mumumusings to be able to deliver the package to him.

A little tidbit I forgot to add from my last update, I heard the “old man” ask something to this guy if “he needed a noose?”, as well “What are you doing here?” The guy was yelling at him to get away and that he was here to look for something for a friend. It truly was a fucking scary call.

Michelle
      Participant

Wow. Insanity there! Poor guy. I mean, even we really never know what we’re walking into with Tension… and to be this guy going in completely blind to what it is!?! Goodness. I’m partly laughing but also feel so bad for him. You know they knew there was someone standing in to pick up and also knew this person was a stranger to Tension. Well played, Tension, very well played. Way to really up the tension (and the ante).

• This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by Profile photo of Michelle Michelle. Reason: typo
      Profile photo of
      Anonymous

@halfbloodfangirl – Do you suspect The Smoking Man was with Tension?

Profile photo of Amie
    Amie
    Participant

That is just weird!! What an awesome guy though! Can we make him a Tension thank you card? πŸ˜‰

_Michael Gray
      Participant

I suppose we can, I can always text it to him. He seemed to be a little more hesitant to hand out info to begin with, like I said, just a guy that wanted to help.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

OMG. I just woke up. That is all AMAZING and hilarious and poor guy!!

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

This wen’t down well.

Profile photo of LordofDecay
    LordofDecay
    Participant

Wow, Tension put something all the way in Missouri?

Profile photo of TheBuz
    TheBuz
    Participant

This is going to get me through the work day.

Profile photo of Lucus
    Lucus
    Participant

Morning everybody. I’m anxiously awaiting news on the packages delivery status. Hope everything goes well with the Intel handoff. But I have to go to work so I might be late to the party today if there is one. Good luck @mumumusings.

Andrew Kasch
    Participant

Any update on the contents of the letter?

_Michael Gray
    Participant

@mumumusings is meeting up with the guy very soon. They are in contact with each other. Hopefully the drop happens with out any crazy this time haha.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

That’s great news. Thank you so much for the work you did on this, @kingkill33!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register