Phone Calls Received June 20, 2016

Tension brand Forums INTERACTIONS WITH THE OOA Phone Calls Received June 20, 2016

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 104 replies, has 35 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Peter Morton Peter Morton 7 years, 10 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Melissa
    Melissa

Hey guys,

I’m grouping posts that are in regards to phone calls received 6.20.16 into one thread. If you have strong objections please let me know.

• This topic was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by Profile photo of Melissa Melissa.
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Others who have gotten non-Addison calls today – when you say they’re clarifying questionnaire answers, are they also asking about your address too, as they did for Iris?

Profile photo of Amie
    Amie
    Participant

I love you… πŸ˜‰

Edit: This is supposed to be a reply to you @mkarrett.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by Profile photo of Amie Amie.
    • This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by Profile photo of Amie Amie.
      Profile photo of Lukas L
      Lukas L
      Participant

I do not believe they asked me if my address was correct

Profile photo of Melissa
    Melissa

Okay move is done. I feel like I just made things worse but it can’t be undone. (head in hands)

Profile photo of Nosnevets
      Nosnevets
      Participant

You tried! That’s what counts…or no… they mentioned not liking how people get awards just for participating at the mixer…hmmm….

ummm…..

I appreciate your initiative @mkarrett

Profile photo of Melissa
      Melissa

Ya. Lesson learned about merging abilities with wordpress. πŸ˜›

Profile photo of Amie
      Amie
      Participant

It’s not even bad @mkarrett There is a little back and forth but most of it follows pretty easily!

Profile photo of LordofDecay
    LordofDecay
    Participant

It was around 9 central time, got a call just as I was about to jump in the shower. A female voice greeted me (at first I thought it was my aunt calling me). She told me where I lived and told me to be more active on the forums if I wish this to continue. I was totally caught off guard and wasn’t able to articulate any good questions or responses. Not a very impressive conversation on my part, but I was very pleased that the OOA called me! I was getting worried that they wouldn’t bother with applicants so far away from their central hub lol

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I received a call just now. I wasn’t prepped at all to record or even thinking about receiving a call. When it came, I was sending a text to some people.

Raspy Male voice. He complimented me and said I would be useful in rallying people. He mentioned improv (I run a small improv theater in Houston) and referenced me questioning “Glory Be” (which I did in a thread). Instead of saying Glory Be, he said something different, but my phone chimed to signify a text not going through.

Crap crap, but not too shabby. I will be ready-er next time!

Profile photo of
      Anonymous

One reason why I HATE TEXTING!!!

Profile photo of geauxsaints
    geauxsaints
    Participant

I would love to get in touch with some Clockmakers. I wonder where they have been hiding. They probably don’t worry about people as lowly as us.
    Glory be.

Profile photo of Peter Morton
    Peter Morton
    Participant

I missed two calls from Tresa at the OOA, a message was left asking me to clarify details on my questionnaire they said they would call back they have yet to have done so.

Profile photo of Lukas L
    Lukas L
    Participant

Just got a phone call from Jenny at the OOA, I am at work and saw that a private number was calling me. I dont usually answer calls at work but I knew that the OOA has been calling people from a private number so I took a chance. Also you may want to know I live in Illinois so I thought it was a narrow chance that it was them but picked it up anyways.

Jenny introduced herself as I scrambled to find an open conference room to get some privacy. She had a question on the answers I gave on my questioner. Specifically what three words come mind right now. “since it isnt a real personal question my answers were “Cheese, Wagon, Wagon – I think I was just trying to be goofy with the second wagon” She wanted to know what significance those words had to me. Since it was so long ago that I filled out the questioner and the fact I have a short term memory of a gnat, I told her “Well I like cheese and I honestly dont remember why I chose wagon.” She said thank you thats exactly what we needed. We look forward to talking to you again, stay active on the forums. Glory Be!

So I ran to the forum and typed this up. So I guess the OOA is now calling people out of state as well which rocks!

Glory be

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

That’s great news!!

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

Hell yeah!!!

Profile photo of Andrew Kasch
    Andrew Kasch
    Participant

I just received one too…which came right as I was discussing Tension on @nking‘s podcast!

No voice. All I heard was audio from one of my old short films being played. I hope you enjoyed the film, OOA.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

That’s 10 calls that we know of. That’s WAY more than any other day so far.

Profile photo of Rusty
    Rusty
    Participant

Glad you got the call @lukasrl Please let us know if there is any sort of follow up to it!

Profile photo of Lukas L
    Lukas L
    Participant

Will do @reaton

• This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by Profile photo of Lukas L Lukas L.
    • This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by Profile photo of Melissa Melissa.
    Profile photo of LittleNorth
    LittleNorth
    Participant

I received a phone call a few minutes ago from the OOA. My first.
    They asked me to confirm my address and if I was currently at home. Then, I was asked why I haven’t been active on the forums and I tried to explain that the last time I posted, it didn’t go over very well :/ but I couldn’t finish before I was asked what scares me the most, which I answered honestly (losing/not being with my family). She then said they will look for me on the forums.
    So yeah, I do wanna continue here even though sometimes it’s difficult for me to keep up since I’m usually pretty busy. But I will try my best. Hopefully no one still dislikes me from last time.
    So, hi everyone. My name is Alyse.

Profile photo of Melissa
    Melissa

Hi Alyse! Welcome back. If anybody dislikes you from whatever happened last time, eff them. AmIright? Do what you can to further your _Path!

You absolutely didn’t rub anyone the wrong way before, and I’m sorry if I made you feel that way. If anything, I was leading a crusade against someone who I believed (incorrectly) to be an impostor, and your post was caught up in that, so I apologize.

You’d absolutely be welcome in the forums. Things do move fast, but even if you’re just chiming in here and there with your interpretations of what’s happening or theories, it would help our community grow

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

Since you last posted, exdeus has come clean as our own @atticus360 and he is an awesome guy who makes awesome art :) He has a thread on here with his latest creations

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Why is the OOA obsessed with forum traffic?

LittleNorth
    Participant

Thank you!

LittleNorth
    Participant

Thank you. I wasn’t sure what to make of the situation last time. There was a lot of confusion going on for everyone I think. I’m glad things are cleared up though!

LittleNorth
    Participant

Oh that’s wonderful, I’ll have to check it out! I’m glad things were cleared up!

Profile photo of kate
    kate
    Participant

Got my first phone call. Almost didn’t answer.

Profile photo of Ezi
    Ezi
    Participant

What did they say?

Profile photo of 111_error
    111_error
    Participant

@kemikalfire – You’re not exactly drowning us in detail! What happened!?

Profile photo of kate
    kate
    Participant

Not much really from what I can recall.

Asked if I knew what the tension experience was and why I signed up/filled out the questionnaire if I wasn’t sure what it was. Asked me if I was from Orlando (my cell phone number is) and why I moved to Cali. Told me to come to the forum and that they would be watching. That’s about it.

Profile photo of kate
    kate
    Participant

Male…can’t remember his name. Started with an A maybe?

When I answered the phone, I honestly thought it was a telemarketer, and I was waiting for a pause to say no thank you, so my brain didn’t engage until after he had already introduced himself.

Profile photo of kate
    kate
    Participant

…maybeee…?

is the name of who called significant in some way? Or are you just keeping track?

Profile photo of creepsociety
    creepsociety
    Participant

I just received a call from Addison… I recognized her voice right away especially after that periscope and she asked if I knew who I was speaking with. I asked if she was alright and she stated she was fine. She then said that I have a huge voice (I’m assuming within the community) and that there will be a time where she will call on me to use this voice and if I was ready to help her. I said of course and she then stated that helping her might endanger myself and others and if I was ok with this. I said yes and that we were here to help her. She said thank you and said she would be in touch before disconnecting.

She sounded very much like she did in the periscope video… she did not sound afraid at all.

Thank you for reaching out Addison… I look forward to hearing from you again.

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

You’re going to make @111error and @reaton jealous!

Profile photo of Mustafa Said
    Mustafa Said
    Participant

Lucky. SO freaking lucky.

But seriously, that’s wonderful news. I hope Addison is doin ok.

Profile photo of Michelle
    Michelle
    Participant

With your call and my call… something is happening within the OOA. I think we’re being warned that a storm is coming.

creepsociety
    Participant

She sounded very secure in a way. Hard to describe! And @michelle Aleister had mentioned a lot was changing next month so I have a feeling it’s gonna get wild in here haha

Profile photo of Iris Halliwell
    Iris Halliwell
    Participant

Got another call. This one from an actual number. Jennifer at the OOA.
    She’s very friendly. She asked about my address. Where I was at now. My greatest fear.
    And then she let me know she would be seeing a lot of me. Very very soon.
    Yay
    :-)

Michelle
    Participant

Not even an hour minutes ago, I vented a bit about not having received a call from the OOA yet. Of course, a few of you jumped to give me words of comfort and advice. @thegilded, @coryphella, @mkarrett, @lenize, and @mike You all are awesome. Thank you so much. When people immediately gather around you and offer support, that is what this is about right? Community. You all make this worth it and I look forward to seeing you on Sunday.

Well…. Literally a few minutes after I posted that vent, I got a phone call at 2:47 from someone in the OOA.

It was a man, he spoke pretty fast. He said he saw what I had posted on the boards. He assured me that they weren’t ignoring me but that they were trying to protect me. He went on to say that that I have no idea how horrible it is there, how horrible “he” is… “It’s so fucked up right now.” He mentioned this other “he” a few times in a negative way. “He’s so horrible.” I think there was even “you don’t know what he’s capable of.” Sorry, I was trying to listen and write everything down. I asked who is “he?” He told me he can’t tell me and couldn’t talk anymore then hung up before I could say or ask anything else.

So, the question now is… Who is he? Gatekeeper 3? Someone else? Someone we don’t know?

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

:)

I would assume it’s III. If he saw the letter, chances are he’s on a rampage!

They all seem to fear Him, referring to III. I’d bet money on it being III

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I wonder if there is a correlation between the number of OOA calls to people asking about questionnaire answers (seemingly friendly? saying “we’ll see you soon?”) and GKIII’s behavior?

I also wonder if the person who called @halfbloodfangirl could be Aleister.

Profile photo of Iris Halliwell
    Iris Halliwell
    Participant

I’m so glad you received a call! I was about to go into some mega-diatribe about how you shouldn’t get discouraged because you’re amazing and if you don’t cheer up soon I’m sending you cupcakes. They seem to be active today. Guess that means we’re moving in the right direction again. Or they liked our studmuffin calendar samples so much that they want to get closer to us to plan their mass order πŸ˜›
    Why is everyone so afraid of III? *Shakes head* I’m not afraid of him. I think he’s just severely misunderstood. Also probably a serial killer. But hey, you know, we all have our issues. I’m bad at adulting. He’s bad at not murdering a bunch of people. The struggle is real.

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

111_error
    Participant

Someone say cupcakes?

Michelle
    Participant

@irishalliwell120 I’m seriously girl crushing on you right now. I adore you! x

I can only assume that it’s III that the caller was speaking about. @mike… That would be amazing! My goodness. Something is clearly brewing and about it take off of. A war within the OOA? Four is coming.

@coryphella That would be an interesting twist if it were Aleister. We haven’t heard from him in a while, right? He was who had contacted me originally on FB.

Profile photo of TheBuz
    TheBuz
    Participant

Fascinating. And here I was thinking we should just start supporting III.

😜

Profile photo of Tasha
    Tasha
    Participant

3:40….the witching hour…but during the day. Not so scary, or so you would think. Hot as hell outside and I get a call from a mysterious number. The man on the other end will not give me his name, but says he knows a lot about me – that I like bubbles and rainbows…and I say, “among other things”. I am told they watch these boards closely. So I post that I hear from the. They are creepy. I am excited!

Profile photo of Neil King
    Neil King
    Participant

All the calls this afternoon – how intriguing. What are we building for? What is the purpose here.

Profile photo of Rusty
    Rusty
    Participant

@halfbloodfangirl Thank you for sharing this phone call. And, I agree with the others… it must be a reference to III.

During all of this, I have not received any calls, personally, but I think that is very deliberate. (Addison has reached out to me and a few others, but we seem to be at a loss as to how we can be of assistance to her… right now. Or even if we can be of assistance. I think a few of us are supposed to be lost and confused right now, haha!)

Very interesting that you get a message about protection. Perhaps there is a reason you are unaware of that you need protection… a plan in motion that “insiders ” of the OOA disagree upon, perhaps? I do not want to encourage paranoia, but you obviously are being noticed… and for you to be told “you don’t know what he’s capable of” is pretty intense!

Profile photo of ReidV
    ReidV
    Participant

My boy @mike drops truth bombs πŸ˜‰

Welcome back @alysenn! Sorry if my antics frightened you / turned you away :(
    Feel free to ask any questions! We can also recap events if you’d like.

Profile photo of ReidV
    ReidV
    Participant

@gatekeeper4 My body is ready πŸ˜‰

Profile photo of Lucus
    Lucus
    Participant

@mike there it is. I was waiting to see this. Haha.

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

How amazing would it be if there was an actual war and we had to choose sides. Then we all go to an event and fight to the “death”. There would be nerf guns and swords and everything. That would be amazing! In the distance we see Addison tied to a stake and the winners go and rescue her and carry her off into the sunset.

LittleNorth
    Participant

@atticus360 no need to apologize! I was more confused/put off by how a few people responded to me after that post. How did things go down when you revealed yourself? What was the end goal with that whole thing anyways?

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

That was just a guess based on what we know of Aleister & GKIII. And we haven’t heard from him in…a week?

Profile photo of ReidV
    ReidV
    Participant

It was a very positive and welcoming thing! It happened in Always Defend that Which Is Yours thread in Off Topic.
    Exdeus was an experiment in anonymity, I wanted an entity that “observed” events through art but remained unknown to either side. “They know us, why not have someone they don’t know about?”
    Unfortunately things got disruptive so now I do it as myself! :)
    My stuff is on the Artis, Honorarium, Have you seen me and Propanoia threads in Voices of Devotion, feel free to contribute if you like.

Neil King
    Participant

I’m really happy it came through while we were recording and just finished a 35 minute conversation on it. It was great timing and kept us on the Tension Experience topic. Everyone check out We Are Indie Horror (www.weareindiehorror.com)’s official podcast Tea Time Of Terror (www.teatimeofterror.com). The episode will go out on Friday.

Profile photo of Rusty
    Rusty
    Participant

Interesting @kasch, several weeks ago I got a call where they played back my own voice to me taken from the myhauntlife podcast @mike and I do… the podcast had only been available for about half a day. It seems they are very aware of things we do in multiple areas…….

Profile photo of Jake O
    Jake O
    Participant

Whoa @kasch, that’s really cool/creepy. That they dug up one of your old films. Haha

• This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by Profile photo of Jake O Jake O.
    Profile photo of JoeKaye
    JoeKaye
    Participant

Received a phone call and it went like this

Me: hello
    Them: you know who this is don’t you?
    Me: of course I do
    Them: everything will burn. Get out while you can. It’s all over for you and them. Don’t go back to the site. It will all burn.

*click*

Which site are they talking about? I think we should go. Who’s free? Let’s do it.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by Profile photo of JoeKaye JoeKaye.
    • This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by Profile photo of Melissa Melissa.
    Profile photo of Mustafa Said
    Mustafa Said
    Participant

@electrichippo what did you do….lol

Neil King
    Participant

@JoeKaye, do you think thats a threat from the BoS?

Profile photo of JoeKaye
    JoeKaye
    Participant

Neil, I didn’t even consider that. Oh boy howdy.

Profile photo of Daela
    Daela
    Participant

It could also be a warning. Addison felt safe turning to Joe without fearing that he’d turn her in. Maybe whoever called was looking out for him.

Joe, male or female voice? Altered or unaltered?

Profile photo of JoeKaye
    JoeKaye
    Participant

Definitely Male, seemingly unaltered, I believe.

Nosnevets
    Participant

The site burning? What site? The little campfire from periscope?

The Azusa fire caused by sentinel confirmed! jk

Profile photo of Rusty
    Rusty
    Participant

Maybe the website… is another hack on the way?

Profile photo of Rusty
    Rusty
    Participant

@jkonigsberg Overall, what was the vibe of the call… was this a warning or was it threatening, do you feel? Reason for my asking is the line “It’s all over for you and them.” Seems a bit personally directed at you, perhaps? Or have others received this quote today?

(Just stepped off a plane… been out of the state for the weekend. Just catching up!)

Profile photo of JoeKaye
    JoeKaye
    Participant

@reaton I don’t know if I’d say it was a threat. They did say to “get out while you can”. I feel like that’s a warning. But yeah saying “it’s all over for you and them” did feel super directed at me. I am very curious of anyone else got this message today.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by Profile photo of JoeKaye JoeKaye.
    Profile photo of Amie
    Amie
    Participant

It definitely seems like a BoS call. Sounds like things are going to be changing with everything going on.

Haha, nothing, i swear… ???

Profile photo of Daela
    Daela
    Participant

When they asked you if you knew who it was…did you recognize the voice before you said yes?

Hack at least. The previous “hack” barely qualified. If they’re going to burn the house down they need to do something bigger

@reaton If there is another hack, I sure hope BoS has outsourced the task this time. Hacking isn’t exactly our strong suit.

Profile photo of JoeKaye
    JoeKaye
    Participant

I said yes only because I always assume it’s the OOA calling me when I see No Caller ID. Now I think it may have been BoS.

Profile photo of JoeKaye
    JoeKaye
    Participant

But to answer your question no I didn’t know who it was specifically before I answered.

Profile photo of Michael Rizzo
    Michael Rizzo
    Participant

I agree with that, looks like you were given a warning to jump ship before it burns up

geauxsaints
    Participant

Hello all. I received a call today as well. It was a woman, saying she knew a lot about me. and confirming my address. she asked me what i thought the OOA was and i said i have no idea. she then said, “to get out. The tension experience isn’t a haunt or arg. it is something completely different. and if i don’t get out and stop communication there will be consequences.” I asked her what would happen if i didn’t stop. and she hung up on me. It was from an actual number not an unknown number. Any suggestions fellow initiates?
    GLORY BE

Nosnevets
    Participant

What was the number? Have you tried looking up location info?

geauxsaints
    Participant

it was a 424 number. located in culver city. can’t find the exact address though.

Profile photo of Alexisjoy
    Alexisjoy
    Participant

I received basically the same call. So strange for my first interactions with them. Looking forward to more.

Profile photo of Amie
    Amie
    Participant

My fiance missed a call a little while ago from Culver as well. He had finally filled out his questionnaire this weekend. We’ll see if they try to call back at some point.

Profile photo of LordofDecay
    LordofDecay
    Participant

I had a similar call, 424 number that asked if I knew who she was, confirmed my address, and told me to be more active on the forums. No mention of getting out though….

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

It’s interesting and scary that they’re confirming people’s addresses. I wonder if one day we’ll start seeing periscopes from outside our own houses.

THAT WOULD BE AMAZING!!!

Profile photo of thecatnipper
    thecatnipper
    Participant

[Today I received a phone call from Edward from the Tension Experience.]
    at 2:50pm I received a call from a private number, it was a man, claiming to be Edward.
    He asked how I heard about the tension experience? I think. Or what I knew about the experience.
    So, I tried to come up with the best answer, which probably ended up the worst.
    Anyway, once I was finished talking.

A woman, no name, said, Edward is no longer with us, I said “OK”
    and then she said this phone call NEVER happened. And I said “ok”, and she hung up

So I was a little hesitant to write, because I do not want to displease the OOA
    but do want to inform my fellow community of what happened.

Nosnevets
    Participant

Thank you for your bravery.

Profile photo of Cody
    Cody
    Participant

I think this is good for the OOA.
    As long as folks are getting something, some kind of interaction, they will continue to participate. All kinds of people have stepped back into the forums today as a result of interaction.
    This is probably applicable to retension as well.
    A very lively day.

Profile photo of _Michael Gray
    _Michael Gray
    Participant

@thecatnipper189 That’s crazy that you got a call! I wonder if you’re the only one that has had interaction with 2 people all in the same phone call? It seems like the OOA has plans for you. πŸ˜„
    As of you concerned about writing down your events here in the forums, sometimes you might have to make a decision not to post, but I think in most cases, they would much rather have you post about your experiences than not.

Profile photo of Alexisjoy
    Alexisjoy
    Participant

Today I had my first interacrion with the tension experience. A women who didn’t state who she was after I asked several times told me that “this isn’t what I think it is” and “this is not a game”. She seemed almost angry. The phone number was (424) 345-0716. I’ll attempt to call back this number tonight. Creepy stuff!!!

creepsociety
    Participant

Yay! Phone calls are always great even if they are creepy πŸ˜‚

Profile photo of thecatnipper
    thecatnipper
    Participant

Thank you @_Michael Gray for the words of advice they are very much appreciated!!!

Michelle
    Participant

I agree with what @kingkill33. I received a call today too that wasn’t what most were receiving regarding the questionnaire. I made the decision to share the information because people have shared much more than that one here. Plus, if this is about community, we must work together and solve the pieces of the puzzled together. Without sharing what is happening to us, we may be holding back a piece that is vital, that the OOA wants us to share.

111_error
    Participant

Thank you for the update! Did they introduce themselves? Male / female?

111_error
    Participant

It wouldn’t happen to be Aleister, would it?

creepsociety
    Participant

Can I carry off four into the sunset? 😍

111_error
    Participant

A lot of people here are definitely keeping track, yes. It’s the only way to try and thread all the strands of information together.

If it was Aleister that called you, you would be the first person to hear from him in more than a week, and considering the last we heard of him, that could be significant – for both him and you.

Can’t rush to conclusions though, as you’re not sure that was the name ..

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

Basically, Anoch, who is at the top of the organization chart, wants to see activity and people communicating. They want to see that what they’re doing is working and worthwhile to keep it going.

Profile photo of Jake O
    Jake O
    Participant

@mike or cassette tapes outside our front door?

(This refers to your above comment about the periscope, for some reason the replies are jumping out of order)

• This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by Profile photo of Jake O Jake O.
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous

@mike does this organizational chart exist somewhere?

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

It does. It was hidden (along with 2 other documents) for @coryphella to find through Periscope when she was out here visiting. More about that HERE

The org chart

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

Funny you say that @endlesspictures I have kept a cassette player that I was planning to give to Goodwill just in case that happens

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

@mike

Awesome. Thanks for posting this, and I’ll dive into the link now!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register