Pre/Post Meetup – April 30

Tension brand Forums IN PERSON EVENT DISCUSSIONS Pre/Post Meetup – April 30

This topic contains 25 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Anna Anna 8 years ago.

• Author

Since so many people will be in the LA area on Saturday, I have a rare opportunity to meet many of you that I’d certainly like to take. I’ll be grabbing a hotel room in the Downtown area and would love to meet anyone willing to meet me in the area. Therefore, I’d like to invite all of you to one or both of the following:

1. A pre-meetup. A lunch, coffee, day-beer, something in the early afternoon before any of our appointments in the later afternoon. This would be more casual, more of a meet-and-greet type deal. I would ask that anyone attending this A: would leave a decent amount of time before their appointment, so that they are alone at their appointment time, per the OOA’s instructions and B: I would ask that NO ONE who has had their appointment already would show up to this event. The Pre-meet should NOT have anyone who has been through their appointment, just as the Post-meet should NOT have anyone who hasn’t had theirs yet.

2. A post-meetup. A dinner, coffee, drink, something after appointments are done, likely at some point in the evening. This would a meet-and-greet just like the pre would be, but this would likely have more of a focus on the event that we just went through. Again, I would ask that if we do go forward with this, anyone who has been invited to the Saturday event but not yet had their appointment would NOT attend the post-meetup until after their appointment.

I’ve intentionally not included times for either of these, as none of us know how late any of this will be running and I’d rather that these be more fluid, meeting when we’re available rather than a specified time. I would stress once more that I’d rather these two events be completely separated by our appointments, and that no one who has had their appointment meet for the pre-meet and no one who hasn’t had theirs (that has been invited to one) would attend the post-meet.

As a final note, our instructions were to be alone at our appointment time so I would stress that anyone attending the pre-meet leave well before their selected time to fulfill that requirement. If, however, that goes against the OOA’s wishes, I would humbly ask any Gatekeeper or OOA representative to respond, PM, email or call and I will gladly cancel one or both of these events.

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

Stoked to actually meet you man! It’s going to be a great and glorious weekend!

Profile photo of Susie J
    Susie J
    Participant

Like I would give up the opportunity to demonstrate how my witty online banter completely evaporates into awkwardness in person to you. I’m pretty much free all day Saturday until after my appointment.

• This reply was modified 8 years ago by Profile photo of Susie J Susie J.
    Profile photo of Mary Pavlovsky
    Mary Pavlovsky
    Participant

That is not true at all Susie!!! You are even more alluring, beautiful, passionate and razor sharp witted in person. You magnificent shinning light you!!!!

Profile photo of Mary Pavlovsky
    Mary Pavlovsky
    Participant

This is very generous of you Sean. I’d be delighted to come out.

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

@thegilded is going to have a huge OOA party and trash the hotel like an 80s hair band

Absolutely. And @mike was so kind to offer his card for the security deposit

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

@thegilded – Absolutely! I have a ton of Christmas cards that I have leftover. You can have all of those!

Profile photo of Nosnevets
    Nosnevets
    Participant

I want to join in on one or both of these parties paid in christmas cards.

Profile photo of Rusty
    Rusty
    Participant

@thegilded I may have one obligation that day but do not know when it will fall, yet. Will definitely try to connect with you!

Profile photo of _Michael Gray
    _Michael Gray
    Participant

I am available for both, but as my invite isn’t until 6. I might have a better chance at meeting people at the pre event meetup. I am always down to have a beer, and saying it’s gonna be a much needed weekend off, I won’t say no to possibly having two haha. Plus there’s a chance that we will be told not to talk about it afterwards anyways. We’re just gonna be staring at each other at the post meetup and sunday, without saying anything about what we saw haha.

Profile photo of Humanoid
    Humanoid
    Participant

I feel so weird not living in Cali, I mean is everyone with the tenstion located there? @thegilded

@humanoid – not everyone, but certainly a majority. Tension started in L.A. And seems to have a focus there

Profile photo of PuppetGirl
    PuppetGirl
    Participant

Will you post the details here on Saturday?

Yes I will, this topic will be used to coordinate on Saturday

My current plan is to be in the downtown LA area somewhere in the 12-1pm range. Debz had recommended a place called The Escondite that looks like it would be a good place to pass the time while we all wait for our appointments. If anyone is interested in meeting up, I’d like to invite anyone to stop by.

I, for one, will be checking both this topic and my PM’s periodically tomorrow so if you’d like to come by at any point, feel free to post here/PM me. My appointment is at 4, so I’ll likely leave and go dark starting around 3:30. If people are still in the area after that for any sort of pre-meeting I’d encourage you all to post here about it, but after 3:30 I’ll be unresponsive until after my appointment.

I’m still interested in a post-meeting, and will post information here tomorrow afternoon regarding the times and location for that if anyone is interested

Profile photo of Jake O
      Jake O
      Participant

@thegilded I love the escondite! I will try to be there between 2-3pm. My appointment is for 3:45pm

Profile photo of Anna
      Anna
      Participant

Great idea! Unfortunately I have an afternoon obligation and my appointment isn’t until 7:15…so I’ll play that day by ear and see what happens and if I cross paths with anyone before or after. :p

Profile photo of Susie J
      Susie J
      Participant

I can be there around one-ish My appt is at 5:40 though. ^___^

Profile photo of _Michael Gray
    _Michael Gray
    Participant

I also plan on being there around one pm. It’ll give me just enough time to get home from work and get a few hours of sleep. I can’t wait to see you all again and meet some of you for the first time. Glory Be.

Profile photo of Nosnevets
      Nosnevets
      Participant

@thegilded I can be there anytime, I’ll be waiting forever though as my appointment is at 6:25 haha. So I guess @monkeymuffin333 you’re not on your own with that one.

Profile photo of Aerosquirrel
    Aerosquirrel
    Participant

I live not too far away so I’ll be in the area to hear what everyone’s gone through so far and super interested in the post appointments!

Profile photo of Rusty
    Rusty
    Participant

I will do my best to join you, but it will probably be after 2pm at the earliest.

Profile photo of PuppetGirl
    PuppetGirl
    Participant

Are you all still doing the post Meetup?

Post meet up is happening, we’re at the Escondite right now

Profile photo of Anna
    Anna
    Participant

Awww I didn’t know it would still be happening after my appointment time. Next time. :)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register