Privacy policy hints?

This topic contains 16 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Morgan Joeck Morgan Joeck 7 years, 11 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Cody
    Cody
    Participant

So I have been looking to crack the “app” puzzle… since nothing is chance, wouldnt it be safe to assume that the policies reference to applications is a HUGE spinning arrow waiting for someone to stop the spin?
    I had few to none, relative results in searching for tension apps. OOA gave up a couple.
    What really caught my attention was when I searched for Omega apps and found: Omega, published by OMEGA Ltd.
    What really caught my eye is the fact that it’s a watch app.
    Just starting on this. Any takers. let’s cram!

Please don’t take offense when I say this:

What the holy Hell are you talking about, man?

Profile photo of Cody
    Cody
    Participant

When reading the privacy policy I made note of mention of apps or future apps that may or may not connect with tension, OOA ect. Sorry if it seems crazy to you or im not making sence to you. I do not offend to easily so no need to be gentle.
    I cant quote the policy off hand but
    I did make note of potential apps being utalized by this experience after reading the privacy policy.
    Maybe its nothing. I however will continue to look.
    HEY! Theres an app for that! hah.

Profile photo of Susie J
    Susie J
    Participant

Omega is a very well-known watch brand. I wouldn’t put too much stock in it.

Profile photo of Amie
    Amie
    Participant

I read through the policy and while I don’t think it’s anything, you never know. I just think it’s more about the apps they are currently using.

Ah. My current understanding is that the privacy policy is either a standard, non specific one, or one that refers to elements that don’t exist yet. Note the references to “in-game purchases”. If anything like that exists now, and I doubt it does, no references have been made to it yet

Profile photo of Susie J
    Susie J
    Participant

The About page that links to the privacy policy does bug the giblets outta me though. I feel like it must come into play later.

Profile photo of Cody
    Cody
    Participant

Let us note that firstly they speak directly about “mobile applications”.

“Company respects the privacy rights of its customers and visitors (“Users”) and is committed to protecting the information collected through its online or mobile applications, services and websites (collectively, “Services”). Company has adopted this Privacy Policy to explain how Company collects, stores, and uses the information collected in connection with Company’s Services.”

“BY INSTALLING, USING, REGISTERING TO OR OTHERWISE ACCESSING COMPANY’S SERVICES,”
    Im not sure about you but I havent installed anything yet.
    You know Sean , not all puzzles are in code , IP , FTP , HTML and whatnot. Sometimes they can hide in plain sight.
    I could be wrong.. but I remain with an open mind. Hell those quoted section were right at the beginning of the policy… just sayin.

Profile photo of Cody
    Cody
    Participant

I have noted that Sean, that does not discount anything in my opinion. perhaps they are not active as we have not figured out how to unlock them at this point. Theres no way there is this much effort put into something without having all of the perverboial ducks in a row or the dominos set.
    @Susie J thank you for the shared sence of wonder at possibilities!

“My current understanding is that the privacy policy is either a standard, non specific one, or one that refers to elements that don’t exist yet.”
    Is this opinion founded in some inside info you have that I do not? Opinion? Fact?

Profile photo of Amie
    Amie
    Participant

I have the Facebook, Twitter and Instagram apps installed and I use them to access Tension quite often which would fall into what you have listed above. Again though, I think anything is possible but until there seems to be something a little more solid to lead me toward an unknown app I’ll probably spend more time with other things like the ooa website. That’s something I’m watching for! :)

Profile photo of Amie
    Amie
    Participant

I will say though, there is no harm having eyes on many things. That’s why this community is so great, lots of ideas and people to keep an eye on them!

It was only opinion. And while not all puzzles can be found in code, we can deduce a number of facts from them. If there is any sort of app available at this time, it does not exist on any platform that we have yet been exposed to. You’re absolutely right, maybe there is something still hidden pointing to a location where an app resides, but at this time we have nothing other than a privacy policy pointing to it. The idea that it was boiler-plate comes from several other pages on the Tension domain that were created at roughly the same time that were explicitly sample/default pages that have since been deleted.

I mean only to give advice, not speak with any sort of authority. If you want to continue searching for a hidden app, I’d absolutely welcome you to.

Profile photo of Cody
    Cody
    Participant

Well, since I am currentlyat a standstill, I have continued my searches and have this to point out.
    Probably nothing. If you read the examples of “Tensions” given on this app preview, perhaps you may find them as intriuging as I have. As well as app applicability.
    Maybe im just beating a dead horse here. Who knows.
    https://m.kinetise.com/tensiontracker

I any tec savy folk fammiliar with
    http://www.tensionsoftware.com/?

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by Profile photo of Cody Cody.
    Profile photo of Cody
    Cody
    Participant

Well now. The recent events that were shared by those a cycle closer to assension have shared , has inspired a new theory on the application section of the privacy policy.
    One of the constants shared throughout the experiences on the 30th Apr 16 seems to be that your phones were borrowed durring your time under the hood.
    I had thought that perhaps this website/websight, while logged in, could potentially access all of our personal data from our devices. Access camera, location, text, call and email.While logging out may cancel this ability.
    This is purely conjecture and I myself have no proof of this. only a theory.
    I do, however know for a FACT of the existence of such applications/ malware that can be loaded onto devices and will hide themselves from detection and leave remote access or data forwarding that can be accessed live or at a later time. These types of programs are utilized predominantly by corporations that supply phones ,computers tablets etcetera to employees.
    I put it forward that perhaps it was not WE who would be downloading applications on our devices as mentioned by the policy.

“We asked WHO you were and now we see don’t we? Yes we do! ^ . ^”,

“Oh boy, oh boooooy…. TRUST us when we say we are asking “if YOU are for US…”
    :/”

Once again, purely conjecture.
    I had the thought and figured I would share.
    Hope this prospect does not cause anybody any TENSION. HAH.

It’s OK folks… As long as your truth shines. :)

Profile photo of PuppetGirl
      PuppetGirl
      Participant

I’m not saying it’s impossible, but I think it’s highly unlikely that the OOA would install Malware onto anyone’s phone. It’s not like they would need to do that to see much of that personal information anyway. As pointed out by the OOA we freely give up our privacy online. Many common apps allow your “friends” to see your (phones) location. We also post photos, videos, status updates and check-in in real time on apps like Yelp, Facebook, Instagram, etc. At least for me, no one needs Malware to know where I am most of the time or what I’m up to. Maybe that’s not the case for most people.

Profile photo of Cody
    Cody
    Participant

TURN YOUR MALWARE INTO PALWARE!!… with a simple switch in perspective… it dosent seem so bad. hah.

Profile photo of Morgan Joeck
    Morgan Joeck
    Participant

I had forgotten about that that part of the privacy policy. That has intrigued me too. Unfortunately, I hadn’t considered the possibility that it might just be boilerplate.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register