Returned from the Dead

Tension brand Forums NEW ASPIRANTS, Begin Here Returned from the Dead

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Lukas L Lukas L 7 years, 6 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Daphne
    Daphne
    Participant

I joined the forums 5 months ago or so, but fell out of contact. However, I plan to Ascend on next Friday. What do you recommend I know? How should I make myself available?

My friend is also joining me, though we’re both having intake an hour apart. I’m unsure whether I should try to go first or second. @corphella, thoughts?

Profile photo of Daphne
    Daphne
    Participant

Typo. @coryphella

Profile photo of ReidV
    ReidV
    Participant

First off welcome back! Ascension-wise its ok not to know anything but reading the official timeline is a good idea. Order doesnt matter either unless youd like to see your friends face after she goes through 😂

Profile photo of Daphne
      Daphne
      Participant

@atticus360 LOL! I’m unsure if the suspense waiting before will kill me, versus if I get out and I’m freaking out from what I just experienced, then maybe I would want my friend there? I’m leaning towards going first because I’m very impatient, but I’ll maybe be able to meditate or remember @lukasrl‘s advice better if I go second? Idk. I’m so susceptible to mindfucks. Going second might just make me crazier, LOL!

Profile photo of Lukas L
    Lukas L
    Participant

@daphnemir Welcome back. Glory Be. As @atticus360 mentioned you don’t need to know anything going in. I do feel that if you know the people that we have interacted with on the forum, it will make the experience better. It doesnt matter if you go first or second, neither of you will be able to discuss it with the other until you both are out. A couple tips that I had prior to going in, (Which I really wish I would have stuck to, but when you are in you are so in the moment you forget), Pay attention. Be in the now. If you are told something odd. Remember it. Use it later if you can. If you are told to look around. look around. Be interactive, not passive. Communicate as much as you are allowed. Its an easy trap to sit back and just listen to people. Be you when you do it. Make choices that you feel you would make in a situation. Not just choices you think you should make. Be decisive. Hesitation only results in lost time, awkwardness and possible missed opportunities. Be aware of your surroundings. If something looks off, question why it is off and react. But as I said, I had all of this advice given to me, yet in the moment its very difficult to keep it in your head.

Profile photo of Daphne
      Daphne
      Participant

@lukasrl Thank you so much for the advice! That sounds 1000000% up my alley. Difficult to remember in the moment, I’m sure, but I’m curious and exploratory. The time I visited Sleep No More I got in trouble for exploring too much, which I think is not a common occurrence? I just was so in the world I got spirited away and imagined rules to be taken very very literally, and my interpretations were rather wild because I hung on every single word. Similarly I was pretty talkative at Then She Fell… Though both I wasn’t too scared, and I’m absolutely prone to fear (ugh I hate jump scares!) so we’ll see how much that stays with me when I’m there. The hardest part sounds being decisive, I tend to wifffle waffle. Anyways, this is AMAZING advice and I’m glad to have your help! Thank you!!! <3

Profile photo of Lukas L
    Lukas L
    Participant

@daphnemir I have not had the pleasure of seeing either of those before. I am from Chicago and don’t travel much and am so happy I got to go to Ascension. From what I have been told, Sleep No More, while still immersive in the fact that you can choose where you want to go/see, the story is still set around the characters. If you go here you get this scene, or over there you get that scene. Ascension may be more linear as far as how you progress through. See in Sleep No More, you get a choice on a whim of where you want to go where as in Ascension, your choices and interactions dictate where you are lead, if that makes sense. In Sleep No More, you are still watching as a story unfolds with in the cast. In Ascension, you are the lead actor. You are the hero, the villain, the caring, the backstabber, the twisted, the corrupt, the manipulator, and the world reacts to how you act.

As for Then She Fell. I would Love Love Love to see that show sometime. I have a slight obsession with Alice In Wonderland.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register