Sadie

Tagged: 

This topic contains 38 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Hazel Cloud Hazel Cloud 7 years, 5 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Dan
    Dan
    Participant

Does anybody know Sadie? I had my first Ascension last night and I spent most of the night with Sadie. She had been carving my face into some furniture in the waiting room. Had carved a phone number as well and begged me to remember it. When the Overseer entered, she saw me with Sadie and immediately came over to me; introduced herself as Addison and kept giving Sadie the stinkeye. Sadie stayed with me pretty much the entire time and really helped me a lot. That phone number was my mantra all night. I tried calling the number afterward but only got a voicemail. Sounded like it might be her mom. I left a message explaining and asked for a call back. If anyone has any information on Sadie, please let me know. I sincerely want to help her as she helped me. I’ll be going back to the institute next Saturday. Hopefully then, I will see her again.

Thanks for your time and help.

Profile photo of Andrew Kasch
    Andrew Kasch
    Participant

According to her journal, Sadie was Overseer’s (formerly Addison) first friend and roommate… The one who this all started with.

You can read all about her here.

If I met her, she didn’t give me her name. Can you describe her?

• This reply was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by Profile photo of Andrew Kasch Andrew Kasch.
    Profile photo of Dan
    Dan
    Participant

Right, I have read all that. She had long brunette hair. Was the only handler that didn’t have dark eye makeup. She had sad but kind eyes. I’m not very good at describing features but I won’t ever forget her face. I spent most of the night staring into her eyes. I could definitely pick her out of a lineup.

Profile photo of Nosnevets
    Nosnevets
    Participant

I don’t think I caught her name. Is she the brunette in the white dress? The one who opens the door in the verge video here at 7:56? If so I spent some time with her. We interacted a few time in the beginning. She handed me notes which I kept, I asked her if she knew a woman… I had found a picture hidden in a book of someone I recognized from the mixer. She pulled me aside just outside the bathroom which was occupied and told me that was her mother. She wasn’t sure if her mother had come here looking for her but she was an actress who had come here and never returned home. She said if her mother was here somewhere to let her know where her daughter was, to try and unite them, and to get them out. At the end of the night, she was being dragged away and I grabbed her. A big bouncer guy picked me up and tossed me in the opposite direction saying “you go that way”… I’m a big guy…big like heavy…sooooo if he could do that…I listened.

Andrew Kasch
    Participant

One of these handlers?

Profile photo of Hazel Cloud
      Hazel Cloud
      Participant

MY Sadie is in the first photo on the right.

Profile photo of Dan
    Dan
    Participant

No, not one of them.

@nosnevets That’s pretty crazy and totally opposite to what happened to me. When I reached the voicemail, and I’m not 100% on the last name, but it sounded like it could be her mother saying, “You’ve reached the Everlys. Please leave a message.”

Nosnevets
    Participant
    Profile photo of Dan
    Dan
    Participant

I’m sorry. That was to @kasch. Just watched that mark on the video. YES! That’s her.

Nosnevets
      Participant

I didn’t catch her name but I still have her note and remember all the things she told me. It’s good to know the name Sadie… possibly Sadie Everly.

I hadn’t shared this before, I was going to after my Ascension party and forgot I guess… But I just posted Sadie’s note to me to Instagram. Sadie’s note.

Andrew Kasch
    Participant

Interesting. I have never encountered her before.

Profile photo of Dan
    Dan
    Participant

That note seems very much in line with some of the things she said to me.

Nosnevets
      Participant

Nice! Well, I may have misinterpreted the her mom may have come for her thing. But I will let you know that I’m all for/right there with you on helping her out. I tried to grab her and take her away with us until the bouncer guy threw me in the other direction.

I may have been confused about her mother because in the common room I found a book with a small instant polaroid picture inside. It was a picture of the one I call “the chipper lady” from the mixer in…May was it? I asked Sadie if she knew this woman and she ran way crying. Later she came up to me “You need the bathroom don’t you? Let me show you where it is.” and we chatted outside the bathroom because it was occupied. She told me that was her mother in the picture. and that she (Sadie) was an actress you had come here a while back, long enough that she didn’t remember when. And she hadn’t returned home since. She said her mother may have come looking for her and she said if she was there in the building she asked me to reunite and help them to escape if I could.

With my prior knowledge of the woman being at the mixer and seeing how she was there, I thought before this that the chipper woman was a quite happy member of the OOA and kind of up the ranks some. After this though I wondered if either I was mistaken at placing the face or if I was completely wrong and the mixer was some sort of attempt to get her own daughter back by blending in with the whole scene…

not to mention…not to poke holes or anything but The Chipper woman was very visibly to me a member of an ethnic group, I’d say Filipino? Perhaps some Hispanic/Asian group which I thought Sadie didn’t belong to, but who knows anything. I’m very very mixed myself and am hard for people to place constantly. I get “Samoan” and “Mexican” a lot. White people tend to say “you’re Hispanic”, Hispanics: “you’re white”, black girls: “there’s something about how curly your hair is but I’m not sure what…”, black guys scream: “YOUR DAD HAD A WHITE WOMAN” to which you can only reply “how’d you know?”

Profile photo of Dan
    Dan
    Participant

I don’t know this chipper lady. All I know is… I need to help Sadie. I need to get back to her.

Nosnevets
    Participant

Whether it was the chipper lady or not, whether you know her or not, for Sadie’s sake I’m right there with you. I have your back. I’m going back the 30th so I know I’ll be doing all I can. There quite a few things I want to chat about with various people. Various things I want to learn and accomplish. Saving her is definitely one of them.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

@shinobi – Please let us know if you get a call back. I didn’t get the name of the handler I interacted with when I was there – she is the one with the tattoos, seated on the right. At the very end she thanked me for not hating her.

Nosnevets
      Participant

Interesting! How was she that she had to ask you not to hate her?

I had Sadie and Shannon. Shannon only interacted with me twice, though… slightly red…brunette hair, gorgeous. Anyway, she once told me “Don’t let them catch you knocking” when I was knocking on the walls. Then she asked if I knew Joe. She said to stay near him, not to let him be alone that night.

Profile photo of
      Anonymous

When I was in the rec room at the beginning, I tried to focus on talking to people (most of my group seemed to be made up of escape room enthusiasts and they went for objects and looked for clues). The woman who was putting the puzzle together was throwing pieces of the puzzle at her while she stood there. I asked her (the handler) “why is she doing that?” She said, “because she hates me, everyone here hates me.” I said, “I don’t hate you.” She said “you don’t know me.”

Later that night – I was the sacrifice, and she was standing next to me when they put the hood over my head, and she leaned in and said “thank you for not hating me.”

Nosnevets
      Participant

Now THAT is a three act structure.

That’s like my thing with @jkonigsberg. Shannon asked me to look after Joe. So I tried to. I tried asking for him as much as I could. “Can Joe come too can Joe come too?” “Joe sit next to me.” About halfway through the experience, they forced Joe and me to stare into each other’s eyes and focus on the good in life, the good in each other the cruelness of the world…. and a bunch more I don’t remember because I was focusing on trying to make sure Joe was okay. He had told me earlier in the night he didn’t know why they told me to look after him. It seemed they told more than just me, like a few people 3 or 4. Earlier in the night though he said he was fine, some of the fog effects affecting his asthma maybe. So I was given a choice to go with the group or go forward on my own path. I said Joe is fine I’ll go forward. Fast forward to the end of the night, a bag was torn off my head in a bright room and I see a confused face staring at me. It was Joe, and I immediately thought “I failed. this is my punishment for not sticking with Joe.” We were made to stack tools on a tray and one of us would be the tool bearer. It ended up being me.

Profile photo of Dan
    Dan
    Participant

I’ve called again. Left a message. After my experience, Sadie really means a lot to me. She was there when I was sacrificed as well. She was with me all night. I’ve never felt kindness and care such as she bestowed upon me. Those eyes… those haunted eyes. Beautiful and tragic at once.

Profile photo of Lawrence
    Lawrence
    Participant

Oh, Dan. Dan. Dan, my friend, I cannot say why…but I too left with terrible guilt at leaving a girl behind.
    Suffice to say, should you return, things are not always what they seem.

Profile photo of Dan
      Dan
      Participant

I will be back on Saturday. And I’ll be looking for her.

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

I haven’t been back a 2nd time…yet….but this is really interesting to me

Is there any way we can confirm that this is the same Sadie that was (more than likely) working with Mark to recruit girls? If it is, I wonder if she messed up and therefore has to live inside instead of her apartment.

Nosnevets
      Participant

Exactly what I’m wondering Mike. I’m going back Sunday and there’s quite a few things I’d like to ask people.
      Sadie about Benny and the Overseer being one of them.

Profile photo of Dan
      Dan
      Participant

I definitely intend to find out that and more when I go back Saturday, Mike. I can report back afterward, if you like.

Profile photo of Taylor
    Taylor
    Participant

Does anyone know the significance of all of the handlers having names that start with “S”?

I interacted with Susan and Sadie during my time and have read of Shannon and Samantha.

Nosnevets
      Participant

(OOG SPOILER… a small one) Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers

Good catch! I wonder! I have no idea but that is quite interesting. There does seem to be a lot of emphasis on names and similar names. Sampson being ODSM and also Benny/Mark… there’s a few others. As well as coincidental ones like Addison/Addison Born, Attocus Gordon, I believe Max went by the moniker Attocus for a while? Identity seems to play a big role.

I do know that OOG I interacted with Shannon, her name IRL is Shannon. So I posted to the forum her name being Shannon and talking about her because that’s how I know her, not because she told me her name while there.

Profile photo of Taylor
      Taylor
      Participant

Thank you sir. It definitely seems like identity and names are providing some framework of symbolism to these experiences. All of the girls dressing the same, having the same roles, and having “S” names all references “sameness” to me. That’s the link that I come across–but I didn’t know if it went deeper.

And as for the girls themselves. The first girl I met, I asked her name, and she told me it was Susan (she was the dark eyes, very scared, bobbed dark hair with bangs). Next I met Sadie and she introduced herself. I met a few others but did not catch their names. But Susan and Sadie’s names OOG are not the same as their IG counterparts.

Nosnevets
      Participant

Yeah for me it was Shannon and Sadie.. I knew neither of their names. Shannon I found later because she knew Joe personally…. and Joe and I bonded quite a bit that night… Sadie, I learned here. If you read above.

Profile photo of Dan
      Dan
      Participant

So, I have a hypothesis. I don’t have much to base it on so I could be totally off base but here’s my train of thought.

Supposing she is the Sadie that we’ve already known about… What if she didn’t really kick Addison out? That came from Mark and Addison never saw who left the note. Now let’s say when Addison became Overseer, she had to gather handlers. What better target than one that would fill the first position and enact revenge? Two birds, one stone. Maybe Addison was pissed at her and imprisoned her, even though she may be innocent?

Just a thought.

Nosnevets
      Participant

And as for the girls themselves. The first girl I met, I asked her name, and she told me it was Susan (she was the dark eyes, very scared, bobbed dark hair with bangs). Next I met Sadie and she introduced herself. I met a few others but did not catch their names. But Susan and Sadie’s names OOG are not the same as their IG counterparts.

@taysavestheday After my second Ascension, learning that names are very important… yet also being so overwhelmed with information and remembering next to nothing in my shock state, and after some encouragement from some I’ve decided I’m going to try and find as many pictures as I can and make a roster of people from within the walls of the institute. We can all look at pictures and list what names we know for them/what names we may have listed them by in the past. I know there was originally some confusion about “The Doctor” and “the professor” that needed to be cleared up, so if we can get a roster with names that would be pretty legit in my opinion.

I’m starting it but I’ll surely need help of anyone is interested.

Profile photo of Taylor
      Taylor
      Participant

That sounds like a wonderfully ambitious and helpful idea. It does seem like there is some fluidity in the names, especially with the handlers, but I think this would be a great start.

I’d love to help out. Feel free to message me on the social media platform of choice!

Thanks!

Profile photo of Beth
    Beth
    Participant

First of all, hello. Nice to meet everyone! I visited the OOA on Friday night and haven’t been able to get it out of my head ever since. I’m on a plane flying back home to New York, and still I’m thinking about it, two people in particular.

I’m about to be pretty candid so spoilers, spoilers,spoilers, spoilers, spoilers, spoilers,spoilers, spoilers, spoilers, spoilers, spoilers, spoilers, spoilers, spoilers, spoilers, spoilers, spoilers, spoilers, etc. I hope this is enough. I’m literally typing this up on my phone.

I spent most of my time on Friday with Sadie and another Handler who identified herself as Sharon, I believe. (She whispered it to me while Simon had his back turned.)

Wherever Addison would enter a room we were in, Sadie would try to hide herself by turning towards a wall or pressing her face to the furniture. She seemed genuinely terrified. When she told me her name, I asked if she had been Addison’s roommate. When I said the name, her face went cold. She looked as though she’d stopped breathing.

She asked how I knew Addison, voice very small and afraid, and when I told her that I only knew of Addison, that her father had emailed me a few days prior — with a photo of Addison and a link to her journal — she said that Addison was very lucky to have people still looking for her. She seemed confused about time, no idea at all how long either of them had been there, but convinced her parents had probably given up hope on her. Or perhaps she might have given up on herself.

Both Sharon and Sadie gave me advice on how to keep safe and in the good graces of the others. I did my best to follow their instructions. Sadie said that I was kind. Sharon told me I was strong and brave, which I don’t always feel, but I wanted to be brave and strong for them. I could feel that.

When I was placed on stage at the end, I was glad to see both of them there. I was glad it was Sharon with her hands at my shoulders. She had told me the OOA helped get her clean from addiction. “There are worse things,” I’d said.

“Yeah,” she laughed, without any humor. “There really are.”

She had told me that the thing she hated most about me was that I was here at all.

The thing I hated most is that when I left, they were still there.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by Profile photo of Beth Beth.
    Profile photo of Melissa
    Melissa

*SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS*

I’m starting to wonder if Sadie even exists in the compound. As @shinobi pointed out in this post @masterlock identified every handler as Sadie. Sadie was part of Overseer’s former life, as a roommate, but did Sadie really make her way back to the compound as a handler? Just a thought that I know @daela and @blondiecamps and I were talking about last night.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by Profile photo of Melissa Melissa. Reason: I do grammar good
      Profile photo of Dan
      Dan
      Participant

*SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS*

Yeah, I’m not sure she’s roommate Sadie. When Addison first confronted me about my reason for being back, I said for her old roommate. She seemed to acknowledge that but also said to say her name. Whether she is that Sadie or not is irrelevant to me. I made a connection with the person, not the name.

I suspect that you’re right. The journal heavily references the fact that people are stripped of their names when they enter the OOA, and the fact that suddenly some people were given back their names for what seems like our benefit is highly suspect.

Just be careful. I do not doubt your connection to this woman, whatever her name was, nor do I doubt your fury and conviction. Just keep in mind that the OOA has been playing people against themselves for longer than any of us have been around, and they may be pulling at your strings by manipulating this connection you felt

Profile photo of Melissa
      Melissa

Oh ya @shinobi I don’t want to dismiss the connection that you have made inside the Compound. I really was just hashing out thoughts, placing them here on the forum. :)

Profile photo of Dan
      Dan
      Participant

Definitely @thegilded. I’m more clear minded now though, of course, still very much affected. But I do agree that she probably is not the Sadie from the diary.

Profile photo of Beth
      Beth
      Participant

Whether or not they’re the same person, I’m not entirely convinced “Sadie” was the roommate’s birth name when she first met Addison. If we believe she was already working for the OOA, there’s no reason to be sure that was her original name. I’m not really sure anyone uses their real name there.

Though I suppose if you choose it for yourself or choose to at least own it fully, any name is real enough, even if it’s not the one you began with.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register