Scam not a part of the Tension Experience

Tension brand Forums OFF TOPIC Scam not a part of the Tension Experience

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 7 years, 12 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Bobglob
    Bobglob
    Participant

Hey guys, I just got contacted by an Esther Smith from these forums. And I got really excited….until she mentioned that she was the only daughter who was killed in the Iraq war and she has the sum of 5 million dollars that she needs me to help bring to the United States. This was a scam using the Tension Experience as an outlet. So beware guys. There are things scarier and more expensive than the Tension Experience!

Profile photo of Coraline
    Coraline
    Participant

Yeah I’ve been too busy with life to actually participate in all this so I was excited/confused when I got her message. Disappointing to say the least.

Profile photo of Lucus
    Lucus
    Participant

I agree, definately messed with me as well. However, she still has not contacted me. I’m guessing the O.O.A. stepped in and possibly reported the user to the proper authorities on top of deleting their profile (or maybe worse for messing with the experience). It did get me thinking a bit. Was this user acting solo or as part of an organization? Did they know what this was or did they choose randomly? This intrigues me because if I was to pull a scam in this fashion I would be pretty cautious about who I targeted. The tension experience community would be the last place I’d choose to prey on people. Frankly, I’d be terrified to get on the wrong side of some of you fine folks here. Just my two sense.

Profile photo of Lucus
    Lucus
    Participant

Thank you for sharing your detailed experience by the way @bobglob. This is mentioned on another thread as well but without the detail which can be difficult to discredit it has possibly part of the experience.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 12 months ago by Profile photo of Lucus Lucus.
    Profile photo of Rusty
    Rusty
    Participant

There is also a message going out from Esther Smith requesting you contact her through email so she can send you a picture and she “will tell you better about myself.”

I did report it as soon as I received it, hope others have, too.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

@reaton – I did as well.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register