Skeptical yet inrigued!

Tension brand Forums NEW ASPIRANTS, Begin Here Skeptical yet inrigued!

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Andrew Kasch Andrew Kasch 7 years, 8 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Pandace88
    Pandace88
    Participant

I was handed a flyer yesterday at Scare LA for Ascension. The girl said, “We’re not a cult, we’re a community” and that was it, I had to know! I’m sad that I am 6 months late to the game but I have been playing catch up by listening to every podcast episode that My Haunt Life has on the Tension Experience. I am so intrigued! I’m disappointed that the tickets are SO EXPENSIVE :/ for the actual event coming up…. how can I pay $120 for something I don’t even know will be worth it?! $80 range I’d consider, but $120?! I’m not rich! CONVINCE ME, OOA INSTITUTE! Saw the most recent podcast and recognized the man in the video, crazy! They have someone I’ve met in on this, more intrigued! I like it, I want to be in it. I have my skepticism because I’ve never seen anything like this but that’s also why I am obsessing over it. I want this to be amazing. Glory Be..?

Copy/Pasted from your activity feed because this is a better place to have a conversation:

First and foremost, welcome. The cost is a bit high but everything we’re going through right now certainly has no cost. I don’t think it should be an issue of people convincing you, I’d say stick around some. Get active, they’ll likely notice you and interact with you directly. Many of us have gotten their attention that way. Or just stick around and watch it unfold. Come Ascension time make your decision whether it’s worth it then or not

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Sean’s advice is great. I know that the ticket price is expensive, but it’s in line with the top immersive theatre out there right now (I just paid MORE for tickets to The Grand Paradise in NYC) and this promises some degree of personalization that those don’t have.

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

@pandace88 – Thank you so much for listening to @reaton and I nerd out about this! I’m sure it can be super overwhelming just coming into this right now, but if you became intrigued enough based on what we have been talking about and even joined the forums after Scare LA, I’d say that’s a good thing and you’re already one of us :)

Like others have said, you can ask us anything. There’s a TIMELINE that is a good summary of the last 6 months as well as individual threads for all of the major things that have happened (like Periscope videos, meet ups, dead drops, etc). Have a look around and even if there’s an old thread, comment on it if you have questions. We all may have missed something, so having fresh eyes look at things is super important :)

Pandace88
      Participant

oh really? wow, I’ve just never seen anything like this so I was shocked to see the price. Not like the usual haunt or escape room I guess! hmm @coryphella

• This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by Profile photo of Pandace88 Pandace88.
      • This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by Profile photo of Pandace88 Pandace88.
      Profile photo of Jake O
      Jake O
      Participant

prices for these events have been escalating lately in Los Angeles. I think the ambition and scope of the events has grown, but also, it’s very hard to make any money at all when putting on these shows.

So I imagine the prices are getting higher as the creators are trying to find a way to make these productions financially feasible.

However, I feel like we are reaching a tipping point in terms of price, especially with all the various options that are out there now.

Pandace88
      Participant

That definitely makes sense. I can see it as a way to support the art. I just hope that it’s worth it like I said before..

Profile photo of Jake O
      Jake O
      Participant

oh trust me, we all do! 😜

Pandace88
    Participant

do you guys think I would have a personal experience without having filled out the questionnaire that is no longer available? I’m sad I missed it :(

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

It’s tough to say. There have been times when some interaction referenced the questionnaire, but most of the time it’s been based on things we say on here, post on Instagram/Twitter, etc. My advice would be to participate in conversation when you can. By doing that, you become more visible to *everyone* involved.

Pandace88
    Participant

alright, thanks for the feedback! :)

Profile photo of Andrew Kasch
    Andrew Kasch
    Participant

@pandace88 It’s a pretty good bet that just by posting here, you are now on the OOA’s radar. Once you dip your toe in the pond, be prepared to swim! 😉

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register