Susie's Prize Contest

Tension brand Forums OUR VOICES – SIGNS OF DEVOTION Susie's Prize Contest

This topic contains 33 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Amie Amie 7 years, 7 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Susie J
    Susie J
    Participant

Howdy party people!

I was rolling this idea around in my brain meats for awhile and I thought the weekend after ScareLA would be a good time to launch my prize contest. Then I was hesitant because there’s so much going on. Then I decided to just go ahead.

So, I created little goodie packs inspired by the Tension Experience. None of the items are an official part of the Tension Experience, nor do they add or detract from it. They are separate, dumb, little objects I threw together. There are eight prize packs in all. I will distribute four in the Los Angeles area (eventually) and broadcast the locales via Periscope. If you want a chance to retrieve a bundle and don’t follow me yet, I’m monkeymuffin333 on Periscope. Fair warning, I’m going to be in LA this evening, so be prepared for at least one or two packs to be deposited.

The other four packs I will distribute via forum contest here, to give people who don’t live in the area a chance. I still have to think up some contest ideas, so bear with me.

Finally, the rules:
    Only one prize pack per person. If you get one, please give someone else a chance to win the rest. They’re all sort of different but equivalent.

That’s it!

I tried to check with the powers that be if this was all okay, but I haven’t heard back from anyone and @thebuz killed one of the people I asked, so if I am violating any boundaries I apologize in advance.

So… Let the games begin!

#whereisaddison

Profile photo of Susie J
    Susie J
    Participant
    Profile photo of Melissa
    Melissa

Very cool @monkeymuffin333 !!!!

Looking forward to an adventure!

Profile photo of Mustafa Said
    Mustafa Said
    Participant

OOOO I wanna play!

Profile photo of Ezi
    Ezi
    Participant

Awesome! I’m also gonna play if I can!

Profile photo of Michelle
    Michelle
    Participant

You are so awesome @monkeymuffin333! So talented too:)

Profile photo of Susie J
    Susie J
    Participant
    Profile photo of Melissa
    Melissa

Got it! I’ll post a Periscope (my handle is mkarrett) an opening of the package once I get home (I got dogs to feed so I had run).

By the way that is a really cool gallery, I’ll definitely stop by again!

Profile photo of Susie J
    Susie J
    Participant
    Profile photo of _Michael Gray
    _Michael Gray
    Participant

Just got the 2nd package!! Thank you @monkeymuffin333, this was so awesome of you to do! I had a blast getting to it and sharing it’s rewards!

Here is a periscope video of myself opening the package for all those that didn’t see it.
    https://www.periscope.tv/w/an6W9DFvTlFsTHBiQkF6UXd8MUJSSmprWmpwcGd4d1jn7I7yk_nbOJlyt5aPZHyYEBKv2zkexsWzUS52FfUI

Profile photo of TinNose
    TinNose
    Participant

Aw man, I’m 2 minutes from drop 2 but I’ve got babies sleeping that I’m afraid to abandon as they might get nabbed by TENSION!

Profile photo of Susie J
      Susie J
      Participant

There’s still hope. I’ve got two more packages to hide, albeit on another day and four to give away via forum. But I came up with a contest idea to launch Monday evening on the forum.

Profile photo of Susie J
    Susie J
    Participant

Good afternoon, Brothers & Sisters!

This week I wanted to start a forum contest for a prize package.

Monday through Friday I am going to post 10 quotes a day, from movies and music. I was also going to do literary quotes, but apparently I absorb movies and songs much more than I do words I’ve read. After the last set of quotes is posted on Friday the first two to get 100% of the references correct wins the prize. In the advent that no one gets all fifty correct, they’ll go to the ones that get the most correct by 6:00 PST Sunday 8/31/16. You can submit your answers as they are posted or you can strategically wait to get a better read on me and the kind of movies/songs I’m into. Or drastically second guess yourself. Muahahaha…

Profile photo of Susie J
    Susie J
    Participant

I forgot to mention:

For movie quotes I will require the character who said it and the film.

For song quotes, I want the band/artist and song title.

Please PM me your answers/guesses.

Thank you and good luck!

Profile photo of Amie
      Amie
      Participant

Well now you’re just going to get songs stuck in my head! 😉

Profile photo of Susie J
    Susie J
    Participant

Day 1 Quotes

1. “Back off man, I’m a scientist!”

2. “Don’t go that way! Never go that way.”

3. “I can’t believe they’re taking Warren’s wealth.”

4. “She knows it’s a multipass.”

5. “Tyrone, you silly, fat bastard.”

6. “Nga.”

7. “Batonga, Batonga, Batonga!”

8. “I know that you can love me when there’s no one left to blame.”

9. “If Heaven and Hell decide that they are satisfied, illuminate the ‘no’s on their vacancy signs…”

10. “This is from Matilda.”

Profile photo of Michael Rizzo
      Michael Rizzo
      Participant

Have these been claimed yet?

Profile photo of Susie J
      Susie J
      Participant

The quotes go up all week. You can PM me your guesses as they go up or wait until after the Friday ones are posted. The first two to correctly ID all 50 quotes or those that get the most right will be announced Sunday night-ish? (Assuming I will still be around and functional after Friday evening 😳)

Profile photo of Susie J
    Susie J
    Participant

Day 2 Quotes

1. “We play Daddy! We had a awfully good time. Now I want to play with you.”

2. “Johnny Cage is not afraid to die.”

3. “And I love you still no matter how the story will unfold.”

4. “I didn’t do that.”

5. “You’re breathing so I guess you’re still alive.”

6. “It’s not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.”

7. “We know of an ancient radiation that haunts dismembered constellations…”

8. “She’s got something in her throat.”

9. “We’re not using the zed word!”

10. “…boots with the fur (with the fur)…”

Profile photo of Susie J
    Susie J
    Participant

Day 3 Quotes

1. “Heartbroken hard times, they never got us down. Walking the same line through every single southern town.”

2. “My name is Sue, how do you do? Now you’re gonna die!”

3. “Did they look like psychos? Is that what they looked like? They were vampires! Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them – I don’t give a fuck how crazy they are!”

4. “You know what I hate about myself? I know what people taste like. I know babies taste the best.”

5. “I won’t sit idly by, I’m planning a big surprise. I’m gonna fight for what I want to be.”

6. “Fire in the disco! Fire in the Taco Bell!”

7. “I need lives for the Master.”

8. “One and one make two. Two and one make three. It was Destiny.”

9. “What care I for human hearts? Soft and spiritless as porridge. A fairy’s heart beats fierce and free!”

10. “He is balancing a diamond on a blade of grass. The dew will settle on our graves when all the world is green.”

Profile photo of Susie J
    Susie J
    Participant

Day 4 Quotes

1. “Open up your death day present. It’s a box of fucking nothing.”

2. “Soul radiation in the dead of night. Love in the middle of a fire fight.”

3. “And it makes me feel so fine I can’t control my brain.”

4. “We mustn’t dwell. No, not today. We can’t. Not on REX MANNING day!”

5. “Live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual.”

6. “Do your parents know that you’re Ramones?”

7. “I must not fear, fear is the mind killer.”

8. “All I can do is read a book to stay awake.”

9. “We’re all in this together.”

10. “Walk this way.”

Sorry for posting so late, I was distracted by spaghetti. =P

Profile photo of Susie J
    Susie J
    Participant

Day 6 Quotes

1. “Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way.”

2. “You take me in, no questions asked. You strip away the ugliness that surrounds me.”

3. “Ad hoc, ad loc and quid pro quo. So little time and so much to know.”

4. “It’s fried rice, you plick!”

5. “But what does it MEAN?!”

6. “You filthy, old soomka!”

7. “Emptiness is filling me to the point of agony.”

8. “I don’t mind you hanging out and talking in your sleep.”

9. “You will see me one more time if you do good. You’ll see me two more times if you do bad…… Goodnight.”

10. “You’re going to die up there.”

Good luck everyone! I hope you enjoyed this sordid tour through my cultural library. If I should disappear or anything happen to me, @prufrock5150 will review the entries and award the prizes in my stead. 😘

Profile photo of Susie J
    Susie J
    Participant

Just a quick bump! You can still PM me your submissions for the quote contest until 6 pm tonight for a chance at one of two prize packs. ^____^

Profile photo of Susie J
    Susie J
    Participant

Hey guys!!!

The winners are @amieexists & @tinnose!!!!

Congratulations!! Please PM me you addresses so I can mail you your prizes or if you want to arrange other delivery, I’m in the LA area pretty frequently. Thank you for participating and I hope you had a good time googling all the random stuff that parades through my brain. For the curious, I’ll post the answers in a bit. 😘

Profile photo of TinNose
    TinNose
    Participant

Oh wow, I won!!! Thanks again for being so darn creative!

Profile photo of Amie
    Amie
    Participant

Yay!! Thanks Susie! I need to see a couple of those answers, I’ll be on the lookout! 😉 That was fun, thank you for sharing with those of us that aren’t in the area!

Profile photo of Cody
    Cody
    Participant

Congrats guys!
    Awesome contest Susie.
    To busy to play myself but I look forward to the spoilers haha.

Profile photo of Amie
    Amie
    Participant

I’m a little late posting this but this week I received a special prize package in the mail! I was so excited to receive this, thank you Suzie! Unfortunately even through your wrapping effort the big vile was broken on the bottom but the contents were fine! Just a little glitter on everything! I loved it all! Thank you so much. By the way I still need a few of those answers from you! 😉
    Prize

• This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by Profile photo of Amie Amie.
      Profile photo of Susie J
      Susie J
      Participant

Ah dang it!! I’m sorry about that. Also, I do owe you those answers. As I’ve just emerged from the liminal boundary between life and death (and my answers are at home) that will be at a later time.

Profile photo of Amie
      Amie
      Participant

Ah I finally got the picture up!! (Thank you @electrichippo)

@monkeymuffin333 whenever you have time, I’m super happy to have all these goodies! They are wonderful!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register