This is Tension

Tension brand Forums MISC TENSION DISCUSSION This is Tension

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dlimer Dlimer 7 years, 9 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Melissa
    Melissa

I’m making a leap and being completely off stage here.

As I’ve said before, this is not “everything will work out nice experience”. This is Tension and we have been told repeatedly that things will get dark. When one is the dark, things are confusing. We’re there now and it may get even darker.

Doing the “I told you so” and “you did stuff wrong” and basically whining about things not going the way you want plot-wise is hands down ruining the Experience for me. Tension, as I suspected, will be flipping the table over and making a giant mess of things REGARDLESS on our actions.

In my humble opinion, if you can not handle story line not going the way you think it should and only think whining after the fact will make things better; make an attempt to go high road and just GO WITH THINGS. I can only speak for myself but I have no incentive at this point to coordinate social gatherings if people are taking things to a personal level and lashing out on others making their in game decisions.

We can build this house and community and weather the storm.
    We don’t have to agree with decisions made by participants, but we can for sure be respectful.
    Or we can whine about everything, make this into a shitpit and be miserable.

I for sure don’t want to be wallowing in a shitpit.

Profile photo of AH-lay
    AH-lay
    Participant

This!!! I stand with @mkarrett!

Profile photo of Ezi
    Ezi
    Participant

Very well said @mkarrett. I feel the same.

Profile photo of Neil King
    Neil King
    Participant

I agree with everything said above. In the heat of the moment the frustration was there. Am I mad at anyone for choices made. Of course not. Would I have done things differently absolutely! A particular path has been set and we shall go along it. What got me upset initially was how people came back at me for voicing my opinion. It’s okay though I don’t hold grudges and nobody has ever done anything to personally attack me or take it too far. Yes I let my frustration get the better but it’s part of the experience.

Profile photo of Andrew Kasch
    Andrew Kasch
    Participant

I think you answered your own question, Melissa. This is Tension, not “The Eggshell Experience.”
    When crazy shit happens, let your freak flag fly. Get passionate! Get aggressive and decisive! Or do the opposite. Do whatever comes natural to you. Cause that’s what this is all about…provoking emotional responses.

Personally, I can’t stand behind-the-scenes gossip that happens around here. I chose to step away for a few days cause of that. This is what happens when you get a community together of different minded people and put them in an extreme situation. George A. Romero made a career out of it. My advice is to let go and fun with it. Cause when it’s all over, we’re all just gonna be drinking and laughing and remember all the wild moments we had together.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by Profile photo of Andrew Kasch Andrew Kasch.
    Profile photo of Addison Born
    Addison Born
    Participant

Yes, this. Opinions are opinions, and everyone’s playing their own game here. Individuals have been given decisions because that’s their _path, and the consequences of those decisions effect us all. I feel like it’s not crazy to say that everyone here will be given decisions that change the world of Tension, and this is how the decisions were made today.

Sure, someone else may have done it differently, but they weren’t the one doing it.

If anything, we need to be happy that today gave us a clear line in the sand. There’s no mystery as to who III is and where his allegiance lie.

The next decision seems to be that of our own allegiances, but as of now, there’s not a clear good side or bad side, we’re just at a fork in the road that’s heading deeper into darkness.

Profile photo of Jake O
    Jake O
    Participant

@mkarrett very well said. I support everyone’s decisions here, so long as they are not hurting people out of game.

I think anyone has the right to play the game how they see fit and make the choice that they feel is right in any given moment.

There are no winners in this game, and while some feel their side is “right” let’s remember that, in reality, we don’t have enough information to know which side is actually the “right” or good side to be on.

It’s all based on assumptions and I don’t think it’s fair to belittle people who choose to be on the opposite side from you.

Profile photo of Dlimer
    Dlimer
    Participant

It’s like watching a movie. Something happens and you say WTF was that? I would have portrayed that part like this or why was that there. You weren’t the director or writer but in the end the movie completed and made sense.

Melissa said the one thing that should give people hope as we are taught since very young. I’ll paraphrase. It’s always darkest before the dawn. When things become their darkest, that’s when any light will shine its brightest. Darkness can not hide in light, only away from it. The light has no fear and will reach any corner it can. Your light is not the same strength as that of others and may be compared in wattage. Anything you have, say or do only has the power you give it. This includes your light.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register