Unknown Number Call 10/3- OOA or Scam?

Tension brand Forums MISC TENSION DISCUSSION Unknown Number Call 10/3- OOA or Scam?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Liv Liv 7 years, 7 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Liv
    Liv
    Participant

So I’m a bit freaked out right now and wanted to know if anyone has gotten a call similar to this, either ig or oog. I got woken up by a phone call from an unknown number and immediately thought TENSION! I answered it and a man on the other end was yawning and said something, but I couldn’t make it out so I asked him to repeat it and the connection got clearer. He asked if he woke me up and said he was sorry, so I was thinking wrong number at that point…but then he called me by name. So I asked who he was and he said Dave. I’m like, I only know one Dave and that’s not you. He told me we met online, which I told him was highly unlikely. Then he wanted to have phone sex.

Yup.

At that point, I’m like ok, this is weird, who the heck is this guy and how does he know my name, but since I’m still in the Ascension mindset I was ready to go with it. So I tried being really honest with him to see what he would say. I told him I wasn’t in the mood since my back was hurting from my arthritis (true) and he sort of…broke character? Said he was sorry and that sucked and that he had broken his neck while “snow-skiing” when he was younger. He then started talking about the fragility of life and how much pain there is in the world and that everyone dies and how lucky we are to be alive. So now I’m starting to think maybe this IS the OOA. That definitely sounds like something they would say. I tried to get him to talk more about that but he wanted to go back to the phone sex. I told him he was barking up the wrong tree since I’m more into girls and pretty far down the asexual side of things anyway, but he was not to be deterred. So I went with it and tried to see if I could find out anything about him, but couldn’t. At that point I was fairly certain it wasn’t anything to do with Tension since we had been on the phone for so long and I wasn’t getting any information out of him. He was getting repetitive by then so I said I needed to go to work and he asked if he could call again, and I was like, umm, I don’t know, maybe.

So what the heck was that about? Has that happened to anyone else? Is it a scam? If so, for what? He called me and knew my name, but never asked for any personal information…I mean aside from personal sexual information. Was it just a random pervert who gets off on cold-calling people? If so, he was the least threatening pervert I’ve encountered and he didn’t seem like he was really into it. More like he was an actor or someone who has phone sex for a living. Prank call? From who? And for that long? Is there a phone sex fairy going around waking people up?! Should I be worried?

Btw, If this wasn’t part of tension (which I’m assuming it wasn’t) feel free to use it as part of the lead-up to Lust, because that was bizarre.

Profile photo of AH-lay
    AH-lay
    Participant

Ummm, yeah. Pretty sure no one has gotten a call like this and pretty unlikely that it was Tension, it does not relate to the story at all.

Profile photo of Liv
      Liv
      Participant

Right? So what the heck? I think I’m going to have to go back to not answering phone calls from people I don’t know…

Profile photo of Michael Rizzo
    Michael Rizzo
    Participant

Have you received any strange emails asking about someone or anything that relates to that call?

Profile photo of Liv
      Liv
      Participant

Nope, nothing at all. The only thing I can think of that relates to the call are a few experiences I had going through Ascension, but those are more than likely coincidental. I’m 99% sure this has nothing to do with tension, which has me worried.

Profile photo of Michael Rizzo
      Michael Rizzo
      Participant

Ah, yea I would put money down this wasn’t tension… maybe it was a prank or something? (Hopefully?)

Profile photo of Liv
      Liv
      Participant

Oh man, I hope so. Well, hopefully I won’t hear from him again.

Profile photo of Melissa
    Melissa

Then he wanted to have phone sex.

That….doesn’t seem Tension-esque to me since that has nothing to do with any current plotline.

Also, fucking ew.

Profile photo of Liv
      Liv
      Participant

Yeah, I just wanted to make sure no one had encountered this. It was definitely not a great way to start the day.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register