"What is your deepest fear?" – Ascension – Processing

Tension brand Forums INTERACTIONS WITH THE OOA "What is your deepest fear?" – Ascension – Processing

This topic contains 17 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mouse Mouse 7 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

What is your deepest fear? This is the first question you will encounter if you choose to be processed by the OOA Institute – Ascension. (The question appears at time of ticket purchase). I answered honestly. My answer was used against me aggressively and unrelentingly. I steeled myself. I did not flinch.

What is your deepest fear?

Would you be brave enough to answer truthfully if you knew it would be used against you?

Is there something you fear so much that you don’t dare reveal it?

I’ll admit, I do have a fear that I would have to think long and hard about before choosing to share it with the OOA. There’s not a doubt in my mind that they would exploit this knowledge. No question about it, I’d be faced with it inside that warehouse, and I’m not sure I’m strong enough to pass that particular test. Then again, maybe this ultimate test is what I should be seeking?

As a last resort, if it becomes to much to bare, one can always call the safe word… COWARD. No shame in that, right?

Profile photo of Susie J
    Susie J
    Participant

Huh. I thought the safe word was “Howard.” That would have been unfortunate. =P

Profile photo of
      Anonymous

It would of been funny if it was Martha.

Profile photo of Cody
      Cody
      Participant

bahahahaha. ^^ OMFG. I needed that. thanks Susie!

Profile photo of Rusty
    Rusty
    Participant

@electrichippo Interesting you felt they did, indeed, use that information of your fear specifically “against” you.
    Or, perhaps, it was used to “help” you… after all, the OOA wants us to be the best we can be… to be worthy… am I right? 😉

Anyway, I get what you are saying. The fear I revealed is very real for me and I gave them something specific about it. Surprisingly, my fear is actually, already part of the show to some degree. However, there was a sequence that, I believe, was very specifically tailored to increase the intensity of the scene and make me feel more vulnerable and out of control. It was absolutely frightening and thrilling at the same time. I cannot even begin to express my appreciation that they did that. It was incredibly effective… and I loved it… later when I could calm down. Haha!

Profile photo of Dan
    Dan
    Participant

I have a question about this for those who have gone. I got my tickets for end of October for myself and a friend. I answered the question honestly, but my answer is also on my friend’s ticket. Does that mean he may have an experience based on MY fear and not his own?

@shinobi: Welcome, Dan :) Yes, there is a decent chance they’ll use whatever answer is listed on the ticket holder’s information. I also bought a ticket for another participant and was able to go back into my Event Brite account, look at my Ascension tickets, and change the one ticket’s ticket holder info to match his name/address/DOB/fear/etc. It also gave an option to have each confirmation and QR ticket code sent directly to the corresponding ticket holders. Give that a shot. If you need help give a shout and I can arrange to walk you through the process.

Profile photo of Dan
      Dan
      Participant

@electrichippo Thank you so much. I’m trying to do as you suggested but I was only able to email a confirmation to my friend. When it got to the fear and facebook section it said, “The information below corresponds with the ticket buyer only and if updated will only reflect in the ticket buyer’s record, not each attendee’s record.”

Profile photo of Dan
    Dan
    Participant

Figured it out. Thanks for the help!

Profile photo of Bryan
    Bryan
    Participant

Hi @shinobi – I have a similar situation for a group of tickets I purchased for myself and friends. Any chance you could PM me and let me know how you ended up solving the problem?

Thank you!

Profile photo of Bryan
    Bryan
    Participant

@shinobi (and others still waiting for Ascencion): It looks like The OOA will be reaching out directly for those of us that bought several tickets. I emailed them about this and just heard back:

“We will be in touch for all of that!

In Light,

OOA”

Profile photo of Dan
      Dan
      Participant

Thank you for that. I have yet to hear from them.

Profile photo of Kevin Blum
    Kevin Blum
    Participant

@shinobi How did you update your ticket? I want to update my account so that my wife’s ticket has her information? I went into my Eventbrite account and didn’t see an option to do this.

Profile photo of Dan
      Dan
      Participant

Go to your account at eventbrite and click on your Ascension tickets. At the top right there is an option to edit. Then scroll down to you see the question. There’s only one text box to fill in so I just filled it in like this:

My name – My fear
      Friend’s name – Friend’s fear

Then save it and when you view your tickets, that should be on both tickets. Hope this helps.

Profile photo of Mouse
    Mouse
    Participant

I puy my biggest fear as the “Fear of Being Watched”. In hind site I think my real fear is being vulnerable.

I didn’t realize at the time that this was going to be the only questions. Not sure if the fear is going to be exploited. Waiting to see!

Profile photo of Liv
    Liv
    Participant

Oh man, @jkomouse I think both of those fears are going to be played with. A lot. Good luck to you!

Profile photo of Michelle
    Michelle
    Participant

Basically, @jkomouse, what @summoningdark is saying is that you’re fucked. lol 😉 Welcome to the family!

Profile photo of Mouse
      Mouse
      Participant

Now I am more than a tad nervous. Feeling really vulnerable – Like one of those dreams where your naked in a crowd!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register